Error when using 'Insert Hyperlink' connecting to a web page

It is now impossible for me to insert a hyperlink throughout the MS Office
2000 Suite.

For instance, in Word 2000 the normal procedure to add a web hyperlink to a
word or phrase in a document is to:
1. Highlight the word or phrase
2. Click the insert hyperlink icon
3. Click Web Page button
4. Navigate to the website to link to
5. Return to the insert hyperlink box, where the link is displayed
6. Click OK

I get as far as 3 above and an error message box pops up with the message:
'An error has occurred while browsing files'.

I have tried 'Repairing' Office and 'Reinstalled', all without change. I
searched all over the MS help site and cannot find a similar question.

Hope someone on this form can help

Thanks  Greg

multiple flyers per page?

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

printing 2 charts on single page

Web query timeout setting.

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Hyperlink problem #3

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

error 553

80070005 error #2

Using INDIRECT within functions