Enterprise 2007 - HELP !

Hi,

My husband works for local government and we were offered Microsoft
Enterprise 2007 for $ 28 through his work ..

I already had a home and office version of office installed on my
laptop - which is only 4 months old - Toshiba - anyway - the other day i
wanted to access my Excel spreadsheets so went in and got a trial
product code for the version that came pre-installed on my laptop - then
my hubby tells me about Enterprise blah blah blah ..

So today I've been sitting here - i've paid for and installed Microsoft
Enterprise 2007 - got my product key - BUT it won't change Word,
Publisher or Excel over .. it keeps telling me they are a trial ..

I can't even go into Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Activiation
assistant for microsoft office - it just keeps bringing up the Word 2007
(TRIAL) version .. with NO box for the product code - when it was
bringing the Enter product code box up - and i entered the code that i
was given - it keeps saying error .. arghhhhhhhhh !

Is there anyone who can help me ? because I'm slowly starting to go
around the bend !

--
pkgjmg
pkgjmg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154318.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
pkgjmg

You are having problems because you don't have a license. Your husband
paid shipping and handling to get the MEDIA for Microsoft Office 2007
Enterprise under the Work at Home Program, the license for which belongs
to the local government and it's for him to work at home. The trial
version of Home and Student is just that, a trial version. 60 days after
you activate, it turns into a reader, again no license. In order to
straighten this out, you need to UNinstall all the Office stuff, and the
   Office Activation assistant, reboot, THEN install the Enterprise
version and activate. REMEMBER, if your husband leaves the employment of
the local government his rights to use that software evaporate.

pkgjmg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My husband works for local government and we were offered Microsoft
> Enterprise 2007 for $ 28 through his work ..
>
> I already had a home and office version of office installed on my
> laptop - which is only 4 months old - Toshiba - anyway - the other day i
> wanted to access my Excel spreadsheets so went in and got a trial
> product code for the version that came pre-installed on my laptop - then
> my hubby tells me about Enterprise blah blah blah ..
>
> So today I've been sitting here - i've paid for and installed Microsoft
> Enterprise 2007 - got my product key - BUT it won't change Word,
> Publisher or Excel over .. it keeps telling me they are a trial ..
>
> I can't even go into Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Activiation
> assistant for microsoft office - it just keeps bringing up the Word 2007
> (TRIAL) version .. with NO box for the product code - when it was
> bringing the Enter product code box up - and i entered the code that i
> was given - it keeps saying error .. arghhhhhhhhh !
>
> Is there anyone who can help me ? because I'm slowly starting to go
> around the bend !

0
Bob
11/13/2009 1:15:12 PM
I second this.  The usual steps to installation of the Office 2007 Suite
involves uninstalling any previous installations of Office 2007 applications
including the trials.

"Bob I" wrote:

> You are having problems because you don't have a license. Your husband
> paid shipping and handling to get the MEDIA for Microsoft Office 2007
> Enterprise under the Work at Home Program, the license for which belongs
> to the local government and it's for him to work at home. The trial
> version of Home and Student is just that, a trial version. 60 days after
> you activate, it turns into a reader, again no license. In order to
> straighten this out, you need to UNinstall all the Office stuff, and the
>    Office Activation assistant, reboot, THEN install the Enterprise
> version and activate. REMEMBER, if your husband leaves the employment of
> the local government his rights to use that software evaporate.
>
> pkgjmg wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My husband works for local government and we were offered Microsoft
> > Enterprise 2007 for $ 28 through his work ..
> >
> > I already had a home and office version of office installed on my
> > laptop - which is only 4 months old - Toshiba - anyway - the other day i
> > wanted to access my Excel spreadsheets so went in and got a trial
> > product code for the version that came pre-installed on my laptop - then
> > my hubby tells me about Enterprise blah blah blah ..
> >
> > So today I've been sitting here - i've paid for and installed Microsoft
> > Enterprise 2007 - got my product key - BUT it won't change Word,
> > Publisher or Excel over .. it keeps telling me they are a trial ..
> >
> > I can't even go into Start, All Programs, Microsoft Office, Activiation
> > assistant for microsoft office - it just keeps bringing up the Word 2007
> > (TRIAL) version .. with NO box for the product code - when it was
> > bringing the Enter product code box up - and i entered the code that i
> > was given - it keeps saying error .. arghhhhhhhhh !
> >
> > Is there anyone who can help me ? because I'm slowly starting to go
> > around the bend !
> >

> .

thanks to those who replied ..

no chance my hubby leaving local government he's been there for over 20
years .. lol ..

as for Office - I got it going :) .. I didn't know that the activiation
thingy was a seperate program - so for the 3rd time I deleted office -
including the activation thingy and well-ah it worked .. so thank you
very much for replying .. I was at the end of my teather :)

:D

--
pkgjmg
pkgjmg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154318.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1270618.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
pkgjmg

Security Vulnerability in Outlook 2007 email Encryption
I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista Ultimate. When someone with whom I have exchanged digital ID's with sends me an encrypted e-mail and I attempt a straight-forward "Reply To" there is an error message "Microsoft Outlook had problems encrypting this message ... recipients had missing or invalid certificates, or conflicting or unsupported encryption capabilities". The choices offered are to send unencrypted or to cancel. However, send unencrypted doesn't work. So then if I save the "Reply To" as a draft, restart Outlook, and then send the draf...

How do i show the office assistant in microsoft 2007?
I wanna see the paper clip dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The office assistant is no longer available in Office 2007. Yves "Frankdoodle" <Frankdoodle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20606EED-B915-436B-A9E1-21DCAA2CE632@microsoft.com... >I wanna see the paper clip dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.appscout.com/2007/02/to_kill_a_paperclip.php -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 23:15...

Searching Help gives error
Hello, I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue question mark but when I type in a search term I get "Server error in '/' Application", "service is not running". Seems like I know this but am stumped. Thank you for your help, Mark Hi Mark, Can you see if the "Indexing Service" is running on the server? Thanks! Manoj "Markw911" <Markw911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BFCB92-4841-4F4F-AF5A-7AAAF4F0892E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue ...

Please Help
Someone I work with has Outlook setup with Subfolders under the Inbox. He says that all emails after 11-03 or 12-03 in these folders are gone.. Anything before it remains! Is there anything that could cause this? I cannot find any answers. I appreciate your help P "Phil M." <philip@wesselconsulting.com> wrote in message news:u8yRH0S2DHA.1704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Someone I work with has Outlook setup with Subfolders under the Inbox. He > says that all emails after 11-03 or 12-03 in these folders are gone.. > Anything before it remains! Is there anything th...

Cannot create Mailbox or Addresses
Exchange 2003 on a 2003 Server Mailboxes do not seem to be created when a new user is created. Recently I added this Exchange 2003 server to my existing domain. I moved mailboxes and Public Folders from my old and ailing Exchange 2000 server and then took it offline. The new Exchange 2003 server has seemed to work fine for a month, but today I added a new user for the first time. Everything goes fine and everything is checked to create a new mailbox for the user, however, the mailbox never seems to be created or the addresses generated. I have tried this 6 or 7 times, but always with the...

Money 2007: odd behavior of transactions in loan account
Hello, In Money 2007, looking into loan account with payments made from checking account, when I click the transaction, for some transactions the Category is grey/disabled, while for others it's enabled. The category is "transfer from checking". If I pick a transction where it's enabled and click "split", the split screen for some reason shows that the whole amount is unassigned, and the sum of splits = $0 - even though "transfer from checking" does appear above with correct amount. But then, if I click on the empty line, "unassigned" dis...

upgrade to exchange enterprise
Hello - We currently have Exchange Std. and I've been noticing that our database size is rapidly increasing to the 16gb limit. I want to upgrade to enterprise version, but I have several questions about the process. First, we have our primary DNS server that will soon be replaced by a new bigger/faster server. We tried to switch this before, but Exchange did not like this too much. It couldn't mount the info store or start any of the processes needed, until we brought the old DNS server back online. What steps do I have to take to make Exchange point to the new DNS server?...

!!!HELP!!!
Can anyone tell me what symbol is used for the rate of inflation in an excel function? there is no symbol for the rate of inflation in an excel function. Are you looking for a function that will return the rate of inflation given some data? Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brooke <brooks@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:73ea01c35943$5e778d40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me what symbol is used for the rate of > inflation in an excel function? Deja vu all over again! (see previous post) Phil "Brooke" <brooks@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:73ea01c35943...

I cannot send mail in outlook Help
I have jsut started using Outlook 2003 and I cannot send mail I can receive it but not send it. And also how do I import my address book from AOL AOL has special rules for using Outlook. Look for help on their web site or try Outlook Help. "marilyn" wrote: > I have jsut started using Outlook 2003 and I cannot send mail I can receive > it but not send it. And also how do I import my address book from AOL ...

Help formating
I have cells which can accpet percentages and currency values my questions is when i enter a value <1 i want the cell to format as % if the value is >1 then i want it to be currency. can some one help me out i cant do this using condityional formating. any one have ideas ??? Regards, Alexandre Use a custom format instead: Format/Cell/Number/Custom [<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00 You don't say what should happen if the value is =1. I assumed currency format. In article <1122487381.944331.179000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutio...

Outlook 2007 and UTF-8 encoding problems
Hi all! Outlook 2007 seems to not work with plain text letters in UTF-8 encoding. How to reproduce: 1. Create a new e-mail using UTF-8 encoding in plain text format 2. Type in main body (not subject!) some NON-ASCII letters (for example cyrillic symbols) 3. Fill "To" field (use your own e-mail address) 4. Send&Receive 5. Open message. It is unreadable until you switch message encoding to any other and back to UTF-8. I can't duplicate the problem here. I turned off auto-encoding, then = created a message in plain text format, typed some cyrillic text into it = (I have t...

Excel help #5
Hi, Can anyone please help me. I was trying to enter the below no in excel. 0000081563 But when i enter it in the excel cel. it becomes 81563. how can i enter zero's infront of the number. Any help will be great. THanks -- kaushi Try formatting entry cell as "Text" before you enter the 0000... value. HTH Regards, Howard "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45786724-0795-4E0D-AA9C-7C9EFF8AD564@microsoft.com... > > Hi, > > Can anyone please help me. > I was trying to enter the below no in excel. > > 000008...

Help with Xl and dropdown lists
I am trying to create a "Dynamic" spreadsheet based on values contained from 3 other worksheets Sheet 1 contains a list of artists: artistID, artistName Sheet 2 Contains a list of genres genreID, genreName Sheet 3 Contains a list of labels labelID, labelName Sheet 4 contains a list of Albums albumID, albumName, price Sheet 5 contains a list of music tracks catNo, UPC, albumID, title, artistID, trackprice, genreID, labelID I am trying to create a series of dropdown lists in Sheet 5 for albumID, artistID, genreID and labelID. However..... I can create the lists to show the name...

Custom Format : Gb/Mb/kb/bytes : Need help debugging command
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to format a few series of bytes as something that is a little more legible, and truncating the number of decimal points. While the link 'Local Tips on Custom Formatting eg.' (http://www.exceltip.com/st/Formatting_numbers_according_to_criteria_in_Microsoft_Excel/71.html) has been a great aid in getting the general drift of how to write the custom format strings, it doesn't aid debugging something that errors. I have the following line: > [<1099511627776]((#,##0.000)/1099511627776)" > TB";[<1073741824]((#,##0.000)/1073741824)"...

help sorting with commas #2
Yes. Each cell contains anywhere from 1 to 12 numbers seperated by commas. -- arkum ------------------------------------------------------------------------ arkum's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278356 If you just sort normally, how does the result differ from what you want? I notice that you want the item with 5 parts (an "e" term) to come before one with only 4 parts. Normal sorting would put them the other way around. If the result isn't what's wan...

Access 2007 Stopped working
I have noticed that many other people have also had this problem of "Access 2007 has stopped working. Windows will check for a solution" etc etc... I have noticed within my Access 2007 program (running on Vista) that this crash happens when I close the very last (or only open) object in access. I doesent matter what that object is; Table, Form, Report Qry etc. When the last tab is closed or X'd. Access crashes and restarts. This is VERY annoying, especially if I have a lot of work to do and dont like to keep tabs/objects open if i no longer need them, but just want to cont...

Help! About MSN plug in
I wanna develop a plug in for MSN messenger, but I can't find the official documents and sdk. Are there anybody know about it? Tell me, please:> ...

Help: I need a macro to add words every 3 lines
Hello, I understand nothing to macro but I am sure that a macro can resolve my problem. I have the following columns, for example (it is for a dictionary database): House Maison [empty line] Car Voiture [empty line] Dog Chien [empty line] etc..... The first word is always in English and the second is always french. There is only 1 column but many lines. I would like to add "\en" in front of each English word, and "\fr" in front of each French word (in the same cell - I do not want to add a colum)... as a result I should get : \en House \fr Maison \en Car \fr Voitu...

Tekst usynlig ved skrivning af ny mail
Når jeg danner en ny mail og skriver teksten kan teksten ikke ses. Skriftfarven er Hvid. Hvorledes ændres skriftfarven for Outlook generelt? -- Best Regards Georg ...

Publisher 2007 #34
How can you recover a damaged publisher file? What is happening that leads you to believe the file is damaged? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "silvirdragon" <silvirdragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1DA6165-25B1-4B92-99B1-E9A0AC2B1B3C@microsoft.com... > How can you recover a damaged publisher file? ...

OneNote 2007 What is the best way to create or use onenote for the following
I am trying to creat a Notebook that I can keep a reference about the applications I work with: The structure of the Information is as follows: Software Application 1 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information Application 2 Informations Module 1 information Module 2 information and the list go on What is the best way to do that and I am a little bit confuse about what is the different between section and section group Thank your help and recommendat...

Duplex Mail Merge Problem with 2007 (& 03)
Background: I have been merging forever including duplexing postcards. Current: I need to duplex print name tags on Avery 5392 4x3" cards. Front and back will be identical. My problem is that Pub 2003 has the bug that won't allow you to merge duplex "custom" size publications. (However, you can with the postcard template). Next Step: In an effort to get around the issue, I downloaded the 2007 Beta 2 (and installed the Technical Refresh). I create the document based on the template (6 per page) but when I get to the point to print, I get in trouble. I select &q...

Need help with ComboBoxes.
Hi, I'm experiencing some difficulty with the ComboBox macro. It work correctly when I put it into the document (saving the document poses n problems). After I close the program and then reopen it, I have to g into each and every combobox and run it again! How can I avoid havin to do this each time? Thanks, Rosemar -- rosemar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rosemary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38565 Private Sub ComboBox...

Switched up to Excel 2007 lost functionality in my array equations
Okay, I have a dataset that I have a program datamine and produce the required information into an Excel worksheet. Was using the .xls worksheet, but with moving to 2007 and getting an upgraded data mining program I had to move them to the .xlsx or .xlsm. But when I moved it to the .xlsx all of my arrays will not autopopulate as they did in the .xls worksheet. I have to redefine the equation as an array and copy the appropriate array through the table, then it updates. What can I do to make them run automatically when I open the worksheet? ...

report help!
I hve created a Main form and a Descriptions form (for invoices). In the Descriptions form I have a combo box that has a list of categories that each line item for the invoice goes in. What I need is a report that has all of the Date, Invoice, Description, Vendor.. AND the different Categories going across the top. Under the Categories I need the amount that I have entered for that Category... is this possible? Thanks. Stephen -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 ...