Disabling Standard Icons - 78265

I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE
icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the
user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I
know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up
but I cannot
find where they set it up.

It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document
(spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup.

Any help would be most apprciated.

Look in the macros on the example workbook.

Learning wrote:

> I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE
> icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the
> user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I
> know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up
> but I cannot
> find where they set it up.
>
> It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document
> (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup.
>
> Any help would be most apprciated.

0
Bob
2/12/2010 1:57:25 PM
thanks Bob and sorry to be dumb but where do I find the example workbook?

Thanks

"Bob I" wrote:

> Look in the macros on the example workbook.
>
> Learning wrote:
>
> > I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE
> > icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the
> > user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I
> > know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up
> > but I cannot
> > find where they set it up.
> >
> > It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document
> > (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup.
> >
> > Any help would be most apprciated.
>
> .

You said "I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet
someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up."

That is the example workbook. Look in the Macros.

Learning wrote:
> thanks Bob and sorry to be dumb but where do I find the example workbook?
>
> Thanks
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Look in the macros on the example workbook.
>>
>>Learning wrote:
>>

>>>I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE
>>>icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the
>>>user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I
>>>know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up
>>>but I cannot
>>>find where they set it up.
>>>
>>>It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document
>>>(spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup.
>>>
>>>Any help would be most apprciated.
>>
>>.

0
Bob
2/25/2010 1:45:07 PM
Thanks but that was the first place I looked and "I cannot find where they
set it up.".  I am looking where all macros for the sheet are but is there
some system area in the macro or some keywork I should be searching for. In
the example workbook it prints a whole error message which I have looked for
but cannot find.

"Bob I" wrote:

> You said "I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet
> someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up."
>
> That is the example workbook. Look in the Macros.
>
> Learning wrote:
> > thanks Bob and sorry to be dumb but where do I find the example workbook?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>Look in the macros on the example workbook.

> >>.
> >>

> .

Press Alt+F11 and nose around in the VB editor.

Learning wrote:
> Thanks but that was the first place I looked and "I cannot find where they
> set it up.".  I am looking where all macros for the sheet are but is there
> some system area in the macro or some keywork I should be searching for. In
> the example workbook it prints a whole error message which I have looked for
> but cannot find.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>You said "I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet
>>someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up."
>>
>>That is the example workbook. Look in the Macros.
>>
>>Learning wrote:
>>
>>>thanks Bob and sorry to be dumb but where do I find the example workbook?
>>>
>>>Thanks

>>.

0
Bob
2/25/2010 10:50:18 PM
Ahhh wonderful .. Found it .. thanks Very MUCH for all your help and patience.
Alison

"Bob I" wrote:

> Press Alt+F11 and nose around in the VB editor.
>
> Learning wrote:
> > Thanks but that was the first place I looked and "I cannot find where they
> > set it up.".  I am looking where all macros for the sheet are but is there
> > some system area in the macro or some keywork I should be searching for. In
> > the example workbook it prints a whole error message which I have looked for
> > but cannot find.
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >

> >>You said "I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet
> >>someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up."
> >>
> >>That is the example workbook. Look in the Macros.

> >>.
> >>

> .

You're welcome, have a great day!

Learning wrote:

> Ahhh wonderful .. Found it .. thanks Very MUCH for all your help and patience.
> Alison
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Press Alt+F11 and nose around in the VB editor.
>>
>>Learning wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks but that was the first place I looked and "I cannot find where they
>>>set it up.".  I am looking where all macros for the sheet are but is there
>>>some system area in the macro or some keywork I should be searching for. In
>>>the example workbook it prints a whole error message which I have looked for
>>>but cannot find.

>>.

0
Bob

VS.NET 2003 Changing application icon
I have looked through the posts and I know this has been addressed before, but I cannot find a satisfactory answer that works... I am using VS.NET 2003 and all I want to do is change the default application icon that displays both in the title bar, and the minimized window (the application icon would be nice too!) I went to the resource view and changed the icon (drew a new one). My icon ID is IDR_MAINFRAME (but I also have a toolbar and menu with that ID) Now, I don't have the icon saved as an explicit bitmap that I can import in. I have just edited it from the resource editor...

How to disable compiler warnings?
foo.h contains #pragma warning(disable: 4514) #pragma warning(disable: 4100) #pragma warning(disable: 4512) #pragma warning(disable: 4511) #pragma warning(disable: 4663) #pragma warning(disable: 4018) #pragma warning(disable: 4146) #pragma warning(disable: 4244) #include <string> and generates many many of the above warning. According to the docs, #pragma warning (disable: xxx) turns of warnings. (?) John Smith wrote: > foo.h contains > > #pragma warning(disable: 4514) > #pragma warning(disable: 4100) > #pragma warning(disable: 4512) > #pragma warning(disable: ...

Disable preview pane for message folders?
Hi, In Outlook express I can disable the Preview Pane for any message folder so I can "look inside" a message in- non-html format-by rt. clicking and , then Properties>Details>Message Source.Now in Outlook XP (Win 2000), I can disable the Preview Panes, but I can't "look inside" messages like I do in Outlook Express (6). I can only read it or delete it. Is this a limitation of Outlook and is there a fix? I'm concerned, because some new viruses activate on Preview alone.Thanks. Peter Cowie PS I have the latest Office XP patches. I use the Chilton Preview P...

disable blinking cursor and selected text in edit box
Hi! I'm using mfc to create a dialog with an edit box in it, to which I write text after an event occurs. Everything works the way I want, except that the text comes out highlighted and the cursor is blinking irritatingly at the end of the line. I looked everywhere on the web to find a way to disable these two but couldn't find a way. Can someone tell me how to disable the cursor and to not have selected text printed in the edit box? thanks, Craig To disable blinking cursor, On the EN_SETFOCUS handler, try m_Edit.HideCaret() ; Here's the remarks from MSDN: Although the caret is...

Disabled accounts quandry
Hi All I have a scenario where I've got hundreds of disabled accounts that have never been logged into. I think they've come across from the NT4/ Exchange 5.5 migration. At first it would seem a simple act and low risk act to delete them. However, I believe they exist because they are mailbox enabled and various people have various permissions to access these mailboxes. I have no doubt there are some truly dead accounts. Any idea how I can figure this out (unfortunately, a few system wide programs login to each account via MAPI so no details that way) Am I missing something o...

Disable Price Locking When Quote Converted to an Order
When an order is created for a quote the price is locked so cannot be changed (unlike when creating an order direct). We only use Quotes and Orders to monitor correspondence not as a the primary sales order mechanism so we need teh flexibilty of making changes after the order is created. Does anybody know how this can be disabled? thanks Scott ...

Clicking on the printer icon in Excel gives a "Save As" screen.
I click on the printer icon in Excel and get a "Save As" screen. The "Save As" screen leads nowhere. What's wrong? What can I do? Don J ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:00:16 -0400 from Don J <dej8801@comcast.net>: > I click on the printer icon in Excel and get a "Save As" screen. The "Save > As" screen leads nowhere. What's wrong? What can I do? Sounds like some macro has redefined it. Try View | Toolbars | Customi...

Disabled "Switch Row/Column" when creating chart from a pivot tabl
I have a pivot table where there are week numbers and three different data values pr week. This I want to graph so that the weeks are on the X-axis, the values on the Y-axis and a legend telling which of the three datasets are which. When I create a Line graph the weeks are put as a legend and the X-axis have the three different datasets grouped. This is not what I want. When I go into "the "Select data..." dialog box all the options are disabled. Why is this and how can I get the graph to show the way I want? You will need to pivot your pivot table to move the row fiel...

Media Player 11 Changes Media Icons On All My Media Files
I just loaded MP11 and suddenly realized the icons on all my media files had been changed to some icon I did not recognize. The Media application icon is as it should be but files I am use to looking at have changed. It is possible to revert this back or do I need to just roll back to MP10 Media File Icon before: ****************** Media File after upgrade to MP7: begin 666 1WinMedia 7 file Icon Before.jpeg M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0```0`!``#_VP!#``$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$! M`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0'_ MVP!#`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0$!`0...

SystemMailbox disabled????
We have 9 info stores in 2 storage groups and I just noticed in AD, under Exchange System Objects that the SystemMailbox account for every info store except ONE is *DISABLED*. I assume this shouldn't be that way...what kind of problems might this cause? What all is the SystemMailbox account used for? Before re-enabling them I'd like to find out a little more info. -- Brian Spooner, MCSE Network Engineer They are DISABLED by default. I'd leave them alone, as they are used for system purposes and you don't ordinarily need to muck about with them. -- Neil Hobson Exchange...

Disable Slide Show button in Windows Photo Gallery
Hello there :) I am currently running Vista Business 64 on my home computer. I do alot of photography, and use Windows Photo Gallery to preview / browse all of my pictures. For my needs, Windows Photo Gallery is perfect EXCEPT for the Slide Show button. I'm constantly finding that I accidentally click the slide show button, and because I'm dealing with RAW files (around 16-20 megs) the slide show locks my computer up for about 5 minutes. Ending the process takes just as long to recover. Does anyone know of a way to disable the functionality of this button? I'm ex...

How to print CD/DVD labels on standard two-per-sheet paper?
Every time I download templates to print CD/DVD labels, I see only one label on a small sheet of paper. When I go to the office supply store, I only have the option of buying paper with the standard two-label design. How do I create and edit CD labels where I can work with both onscreen and then print both at once (different top from bottom) in such a way that everything is aligned with the cutout sticker labels on the page? Anytime you need to edit both halves of your label you need to setup the page manually. Most CD/DVD templates will print two to a page. Select the label you want...

Object could not be found after clicking on MS Office New Message icon
The error message I got when sending a email message from MSOffice or from Explorer for a new email message gives: The object could not be found. after clicking the icon from MSOffice or other links to create a new mail message. Outlook has been set to default mail browser and I've also tried to reinstall the software from the Add/Remove Programs but the problem persists. Appreciate very much if someone could help me fix this. Thanks in Advance, Edwin ...

Convert data into standard military time format
I am trying to convert military time data into an Excel recognized time format so that I can perfrom time calculations (add/subtract hours). My main problem is that the data is not all stored in a 4 digit format. Some is stored as "300" instead of "0300". I have tried formatting the cells to hhmm, but I end up with a cell containing "0000" regardless of the data that was there prior. I also tried the following: =text(cell, "0000") That displays the data correctly, but I can not perform any time calculations on it. Does anyone know how I can ...

Move Money 2002 Standard
How do I move Money 2002 Standard from my computer with XP Home Edition to my new computer with Vista Home Premium? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, d wrote: >How do I move Money 2002 Standard from my computer with XP Home Edition to my >new computer with Vista Home Premium? Be sure that your Money (*.mny) and backup (*.mbf) files are copied to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents. If they are in a place like ProgramFiles, Vista will create an impermanent copy of the file for the user to use, unless the user explicitly right-clicks at launch and choose R...

Attachment icons won't print in memo style
Hello, I'm having trouble getting the attachment icons to print when I print a mail message in "memo style". What is weird is that when I display the message in "print preview", the attachment icons are displayed. But when I click on "print", the message prints without the attachment icons displaying. I tried creating a copy of "memo style", thinking that the "memo style" that I was using was somehow modified, but that didn't do anything. Also, this phenomenon is not consistent, since in some cases the attachment icon DOES print. I...

Can I use a logo in place of the standard chart markers
I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to use my company's logo as my series marker on a chart I am working on. Hi Kimberly, Take a look at Jon Peltier's page to see the options available. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html Kimberly Bassininsky wrote: > I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to use my company's logo > as my series marker on a chart I am working on. > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Mouse Cursor disabled
I am trying to bring up Windoes XP home on my old Compaq 100, which came with Win 98. It loads, but the mouse cursor is not usable--it jumps erracticly and does not allow me to click on anything. Also, when I try to bring up the programs screen, it comes up, but then quickly reverts to a basically blank screen. Help would be appreciated. open your mouse and check the rollers for lint balls. and other dirt. "Bonnell-frost" wrote: > I am trying to bring up Windoes XP home on my old Compaq 100, which came with > Win 98. It loads, but the mouse cursor is not us...

Out of Office reply on a disabled account
All, We have set Out of Office Reply on a mailbox. This is an Exchange 2007 Mailbox. Our AD is Windows 2003 and Exchange is 2007 SP1 Roll up 9.0. After we disable the account in AD, the Out of Office stops working on this mailbox. Is this a default behaviour. Can this be changed in an Exchange organization. Any article from MS on this ? -- Haroon Malik ...

disable the grouping facility
just bought a new machine - it has outlook 2007 preloaded. I have hundreds of sub folders in .pst files and want to globally disable the grouping feature for these messages and any new folders that I might create in the future. However, when looking in the microsoft library for how to do this, it talks about the Office Customization Tool (OCT). I don't have that in outlook or in Microsoft Office Tools. It is a real bugbear and when it should be a simple matter to sort out! Change the default messages view; View-> Current View-> Define Views...-> select Messages-...

Standard header footer to all my spreadsheets I make
Hi All Is it possible to have Excel (2003 & 2007) automatically apply the filepath footer and date to all of the spreadsheets I create by default? Like a standard template normal.dot for Word, but with Excel? Many thanks Adam Starting with a blank workbook, set this up how you would like the headers and footers to be (and any other formatting that you would like to have automatically set when you create a new file). Then you should save this as BOOK.xlt in the XLSTART folder. Do the same for a single sheet, and save this as SHEET.xlt in the XLSTART folder. Then when ...

Disable User
I am trying to create a script that will disable the user from AD inside the Terminated OU but it seems to be not working. Please let me know what I did wrong? Thank you in advance. ' INITIAL SETUPS On Error Resume Next Const ADS_UF_ACCOUNTDISABLE = 2 CONST ADS_PROPERTY_DELETE = 4 CONST ADS_SCOPE_SUBTREE = 2 CONST ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE = 2 CONST ADS_RIGHT_DS_CREATE_CHILD = 1 CONST ADS_ACEFLAG_INHERIT_ACE = 2 CONST ADS_ACETYPE_ACCESS_ALLOWED = 0 ' GET COMMAND LINE PARAMETERS strTerm = WScript.Arguments.Item(0) If Len(strTerm) =...

disable stationary viewing in Outlook 2000?
Is there a way to make it to where when you open an e mail you do NOT have to see other peoples stationary when you open an e mail? ...

Change the button icon on the QAT in Word 2007?
I want to change the button icons on the Quick Access Toolbar. I also want to control whether or not a command on the QAT is an icon, text or both. Obviously, I was able to do all this in Office 2003 but I cannot even find help on this in Office 2007. Customizing toolbar buttons is not available via the user interface in Word 2007 (with the exception that you can choose a custom icon for buttons that run macros). What you can do is take a look at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Ribbon_Custom_Icons.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jlab" <jlab@discus...

Title bar icon
Here's a question, it's not real important, but kinda bugs me. How can I make the title bar icon be my own custom 16x16 rather than the scaled down version of my standard icon? Edit IDR_MAINFRAME to whatever you want. There are two sizes of this icon. Edit the 16x16 size if you only want to change the smaller icon. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mkennedy1102" <Mkennedy1102@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3483866-A04B-4D9C-BD83-354B7605C9E9@microsoft.com... > Here's a question, it's not real important, but kinda bugs m...