Difference between Password Prottect vrs. Encrypt

What is the difference between using Save As > Tools > General Options versus
Prepare > Encrypt Document.

The old password-protect function in MS was weak, and in Office 2007, they
created a real encryption capability. What I don't know if whether or not the
password-protect function now uses the real encryption capability or not.

difference send as / receive as
Hi, I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? Regards Jenny Jenny wrote: > Hi, > > I know that if you want under E2K "service account" access to mailboxes you > must give yourself "send as"/ and "receive as" access ". But can anyone > please tell me the whaht is the difference between the two permissions ? > > Regards Je...

Differences in various auto-fit options (2007)
Does anyone know why these two autofit mechanisms give different results? 1. Right-click in table | AutoFit | AutoFit to Contents. 2. Select entire table | Double-click right border. Right-clicking in a table brings up a list of options. One of them is Auto-Fit. Selecting Auto-Fit, brings up three options: AutoFit to Contents (AFTC) AutoFit to Window (AFTW) Fixed Column Width (FCW) AFTW makes the table as wide as possible. I am not sure how it decides how wide to make each column. AFTC doesn't seem to work all the time. I have a table with 18 columns on a le...

Counting how many different names in a long list
I have a list of 332 names many of them are duplicated. I am looking for a formula or function that can count how many unique names there are in the list. Can anyone help? -- Quaisne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501357 This'll count the number of distinct values in a range: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A99<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A99,A1:A99&"")) (adjust the range to matc...

Calculating date difference
Hi I need to calculate the number of years of service for person(difference between Start_Date & End_Date). The result should b in terms of years, months and days (all in one single cell). Ca someone please help? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a look at Chip's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Andy. "rll" <rll.xjm6a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rll.xjm6a@excelforum-nospam.com... > &...

Corporate or Workgroup, send from different accounts
I have been using Outlook 2000 (CW) in order to attach history to my contacts in ACT! This has been running well. The problem I've run into is I used to be able click on the "Send" button and choose a different email account to send from, I no longer have that option since I set up the workgroup settings. The email account that I can't send from is a Linux firewall account we use for internal emails...I can receive emails, but I can't reply or send new messages. They keep coming back as undeliverable. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated. ...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

Passwords
Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type more an error message will appear? Please hi, Daz01 wrote: > Hi, I have a password field in a database. How do I set it so that a > user can only type in 7 characters for a password. and if they type > more an error message will appear? You may use the ValidationRule and ValidationText of the field in the table design view. Setting ValidationRule to Len([YourField])>7) will raise an error in your case. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Password Cell Protection
Morning all. I'm seeking to protect specific cells within a given worksheet. I've been reading some of the newer posts on the topic, and see that I'm to first go in, unlock cells that I want accessible, and then once all cells are configured- locked or unlocked state- I go to the Review Tab, select Protect Sheet, choose the options I want users to have access to, and select/enter the desired password- twice. Once I do this, all appears to be as desired, until I try to insert or delete a row-- something I'd specifically allowed for on my unlocked cells/rows. ...

How do I automatically plot different ranges of data in different.
I need to chart parameters that are a function of three variables in the 2002 version of Excel. I have used the x and y axis to represent 2 variables on an 'xy chart', but require an automatic method to represent the value of the third variable. I have tried the 'bubble-plot', but cannot get sufficient resolution between the data. Is their any way that I may plot the third variable in different colours/shades, that automatically changes for different ranges of the the third variable? THis might help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart &q...

Operator Overload between different types
I'm trying to implement the overload for two different kinds of objects. I tryed for example: Dog1 + Dog2; Dog Dog::operator+(Dog& s) { return this->nBau + s.nBau; } it works fine. I need something... Dog1 + Cat1; ??? Dog::operator+(Cat& s) { return ???; } How can i implement my overload between different types and what type of object must return? I can only compile my program only specifing "return 0" in overload function but it doesn't work. Maybe i must implement overload function as static function outside class Dog? Some help please. My final n...

Automating Different Survey Results
Does anyone have any idea on how to facilitate the preparation of surve results? Our survey results are downloaded from our survey online facility (som facility when it can't even produce the report :sigh:). These survey are about the services of the different support groups of our company So each survey has its own set of questions. The backend process o translating these results is quite tedious and I've been thinking o how to automate it ... I know that there is a better way. I am usin Excel but only the standard features such as countif, sumproduct pivot, charts. But still it c...

different colors for x-Value axis
I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it possible? Example I-1, I-2 black II-1, II-2, II-3 grey III-1, III-2 red IV pink V-1, V-2, V-3 green -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan The best solution is that, Excel brings the formatting of x-axis value from source cell. -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan "Khoshravan" wrote: > I want to use different colors for X-Values in X-axis of a chart. Is it > possible? > Example > I-1, I-2 black > II-1, II-2, II-3 grey > III-1, III-2 red > IV pink >...

Adding a password to a reminder?
This is a family PC which several of us use. Outlook 2002, XP ProSP2. There have been a couple of occasions when one of us have set a reminder in Calendar, but it has popped up when another user is at the machine. Teenagers being what they are, they don't appreciate the importance to someone else, and its been 'dismissed'. The Mum misses a deadline cos no-one reminded her.... I realise the answer to this lies in our helping one another out - and I'm creasonably confident that will happen - but I wonder if as a failsafe I can prevent an item being dismissed in some way...

Outlook Connector and Passwords
Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP3 Outlook 2003 11.8313.8221 SP3 Outlook Connector 12.0.6423.1000 I have been using OC for our 4 hotmail.com accounts since August and almost every time Outlook is opened OC asks for the passwords and, occasionally, the e-mail address also. Sometimes passwords to all the accounts have to be entered, at other times just two or three. Once the passwords are entered, send/receive works normally unless Outlook is closed and later re-opened. The passwords have been saved and the remember password tick box checked. Repairing the connector as advised does not so...

What's the Difference Between This NG and microsoft.public.excel.misc?
See Subject. -- W. eWatson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/> Hi, You are posting to the microsoft.public.excel so I'm not sure what you mean by the subject line? your's ends in .m which I don't think is a legal site. The microsoft Excel newgroup area has many sub-areas dealing with: Functions General Questions New users Charts Excel Application Errors Programming ...

Are there any significant differences in Excel 2003 from Excel 20.
I have some reference material for Excel 2002 and just wondering if it will be suitable for Excel 2003. Has anyone seen any significant differnces? Not really. You can read a review by MVP John Walkenbach on his website: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have some reference material for Excel 2002 and just wondering if it will >be suitable for Excel 2003. Has anyone seen any significant differnces? >. > ...

DST: Exch2k After patching, differences between meeting times and availability chart
Let me explain a bit more... 1. We applied the DST patches on all clients and servers, including the Exch2k box but we decided not to buy the CDO patch. 2. We used the Exchange tool 930879 to correct rebase appointments on all mailboxes. Some issues with a few meetings but OK in general. But we noticed that for every meeting that was corrected, the meeting time was OK, but the period of availability for a person invited to that meeting was still off! Example: The day before we did the updates, Tom booked a meeting with Paul on the March 25th from 9:00 to 10:00. After the updates, t...

Is there document showing differences in Outlook CRM & Browser CRM
the ones i noted so far are: Mail merge menu - not available in browser CRM Knowledgebase table - not available in Outlook CRM Service calendar - not available in browser CRM Settings - not available in Outlook CRM Search folder - not available in browser CRM If its going to be anywhere it will be in the official training courses. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "stephen" <stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F11ED10C-5F8F-4259-A8DA-3EA929B95D97@microsoft.com... > the ones i not...

Send from different email addresses
In Exchange 2003, I have mail coming in for 2 different domains. i need to be able to send email from the non-default domain. any ideas? Brett Evanson - Using same user account with multiple proxyAddresses: Exchange/Outlook will always send using the default SMTP address. proxyAddresses can be used to receive inbound mail for different addresses from the same domain or different domains, but nothing native or built-in in Outlook/Exchange to allow sending using a proxyAddress. You can either use SMTP clients like Outlook Express, or use Outlook with 3rd-party utility like IvaSoft'...

Forgotten Password #4
I need to gain access to my Money 2001 that I have on an old computer but have forgotten the password that I used back then. Is there any way I can find out what my password was? Does anyone know what file the password is kept in and if it's readable? Any help will be appreciated since it's very important that I retrieve some information from that year which I did not carry forward to the more current years. Thank you! You might be able to find a company which provides software to get the password out for you. I know of three, but there are probably others. http://money.mvps.org/faq...

XP account password lost
Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is there a way she can get the password back or override it and make a new one? Gerald "Gerald Bramwell" <newsgroups@animals-in-distress.net> wrote in message news:uXscL3vaKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi my wife has managed to forget her password on her PC, she uses a > password to keep the kids out but has now managed to keep her self out. Is > there a way she can get the password back or override it and ...

How to divide a data series into different ranges?
In a report i need to divide my chart by certain ranges...suppose if i have a datea series for reports for every week.I want to display the reports older than 3 months,older than 2 months etc in a single data series by dividing the data sereis...Please help It's much easier to use multiple series. If it's anything but an XY chart, use separate worksheet columns that line up with the X values, with values where the series appears and blanks where other series appear. It's pretty much as described in my Conditional Charts page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalC...

password for ActSys32
I installed frx. I tried to open ActSys32.mdb but the system is prompting me for a password. Any idea on what the password should be here. Officially, only Support has this password. "Jack" wrote: > I installed frx. I tried to open ActSys32.mdb but the system is prompting me > for a password. Any idea on what the password should be here. If you have it, please email me. jacktundra@hotmail.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > Officially, only Support has this password. > > "Jack" wrote: > > > I installed frx. I tried to open ActSys32.md...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Force From field to use different name
Hi, is it possible to force the from field of a message to use a different name? I have a user who receives resumes - she would like to send a notification that a resume has been received but not show her own name in the From field, just a generic "Resume Receiver" or something but only for that message only. All other messages from her should show her real name. Your help appreciated!-- Thanks, GillianHG You sure you meant to post in an excel newsgroup??? GillianHG wrote: > > Hi, is it possible to force the from field of a message to use a different > name? &g...