Customize global adress list column in a new mail

Hi!

(I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007).
when i create a new mail message, hit the "To" button, my global adress list
window appear when column by default:
Name, Title, business Phone, Location, E-mail address, Company and Alias.
Those column from Active directory of course.

My question is: can I add/remove column in this window? For example adding
"department" from Active directory?

thx

Since this is customized by your Exchange Admin,  I would start by asking
him/her if it is possible.

This question can most likely be answered in an Exchange or Windows group
since Outlook is the passive part of this equation.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Luc asked:

| Hi!
|
| (I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007).
| when i create a new mail message, hit the "To" button, my global
| adress list window appear when column by default:
| Name, Title, business Phone, Location, E-mail address, Company and
| Alias. Those column from Active directory of course.
|
| My question is: can I add/remove column in this window? For example
| adding "department" from Active directory?
|
| thx

0
Milly

Can't send new mail message in Outlook 2007 b/c a dialog box is already open
Gurus, My Outlook 2007 had issue creating a "New" message complaining that a dialog box was already "Open". Outlook needed to be closed and re-opened, and the dialog box prompting for User Initials had to be acknowledged before the other dialog boxes were answered or Outlook would continually complain that a box was already "Open" when trying to send a new mail message. Anyone seen this? So many dialog prompts seem to launch when a new user starts OL 2007 such as the prompt for newsfeeds, Instant Search and the dialog to enter in user information that Ou...

On-line services set up failed with "new & improved" Money update
Money 2005 Premium: with the mid-August unannounced update by Microsoft, I lost my ability to go on-line. I reviewed the instructions inside Money and tried to re-set the on-line service but I'm now in a loop that doesn't seem to have any way to back out of it or to move forward successfully. Instead of disabling the account first, which is listed in the long, weary icon version of the update instructions, I went to set up online services and now have the message "complete setup for online services" which apparently will not work because I consistently get a message ...

Mail deleting from virtual inbox
When I open windows mail it automatically downloads and it deletes it from my virtual yahoo inbox, is there a way i can get it to stop deleting it or being able to place those messages back in my inbox to retrieve anywhere? also, it doesnt allow me to send messages so i cant foward them to myself! Thanks, i appreciate ur help! Erika Hey Erika. I was having similar problem a while back. I remember in my webmail (optus) there was an option at the bottom of the list of emails (delete after download). I had to untick this box. You may have something similar, maybe in tools?? Just be aw...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Combo Box List Content Control
I want both the code and corresponding English translation to appear in the dropdown box. The codes are in col A, and the translations are in col B. Under Properites, ListFillRange I have entered: Jobs!A2:B200. Only column A is shown in the dropdown box. Also, when I select one of the dropdown options I get a VB error with my "Jobs!A2:B200" displayed in the VB code. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Did you change the columncount property to 2? Be aware that the both columns will appear when you click on the dropdown arrow, but only one value will appear in ...

Unable to add custom field to a view/preview
I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not appear in the list of fields when I create a new view. Further, the new field does not appear in the list of fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able to store and retrieve the value of the new field using the API. Thanks for any info. I figured it out. JohnE wrote: > I figured it out. Hi John! How do you solve the problem? Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in "Customize views", but i can see custom fields ...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

global address lists, and or distribution lists
Was wondering if it is possible to create a distribution list that can function similarly to a global address list. The stated purpose of a distribution list is to be able to coordinate a mass email to a set a pre-selected individuals. I want to know if it's possible to have a list, separate from those individuals already listed in the global address book, so that you can access a certain individual, or a group of people from within the list, and email them separately, not as one joint email. If this is possible, I was wondering about how to set it up in microsoft outlook 2002...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

mail merge cannot continue
I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows XP. But it suddenly started refusing to work, giving the message "mail merge cannot continue". I have tried reinstalling and uninstalling things I had done recently, to no avail. Did you have to relink to your database? If so, try changing your selection in the checkbox for "First row of data contains column headers". Greg "Margaret" <denmar@zamnet.zm> wrote in message news:1738101c448d3$24c77fd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have been using mail merge in Publisher 2000 on Windows > XP. But it...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Custom Formatting a Chart Data Label
I want to create a chart which will display a zero value on the data label where there is in fact a zero value, and show N/A on the data label where it didn't apply. The formula I am using in the spreadsheet uses a nested formula to make this determination: =IF(AND(B22+C22>0,C22>0),B22/C22,NA()) Presently, it works but displays the #N/A on the chart where I would prefer it simply displayed as N/A. Can I do this with a custom format on the data label?? Thanks so much! I don't know how you all do it but your amazing! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your read...

List Boxes #2
Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first column distplays Dim MyArray() ReDim MyArray(mycount, 1) usrGLDist.lstOutput.ColumnCount = 2 For i = 0 To rst.Count - 1 MyArray(i, 0) = rst.Value("descr") MyArray(i, 1) = rst.Value("pcamt") rst.MoveNext Next i 'Load ListBox1 usrGLDist.lstOutput.List() = MyArray Richard wrote : > Can someone tell me how to correct the following code so that both > columns in the listbox will be updated? Only the first col...

Move / Migrate Mail
I currently have my Exchange server hosted off site. I am looking to move this in house, of course I don't own the hardware the server is currently on. So I will be building a new server. The current server (hosted) is in its own domain - I did not make this but I have to support it-, I have duplicate accounts for email, plus some only email accounts. I am looking for suggestions to accomplish this task. My idea was to add all the user accounts that are currently 'email only' to my domain so all my accounts match.... Make my Exchange server and mailboxes. Then should I u...

I need a list of command line switches for Microsoft WORD.
I am using a Shell command to execute Microsoft WORD 2003. I need to halt execution of VBA code until WORD finishes it's task. Is there a command line switch for WORD to cause it to pause the VBA function until it is finished? Is there a VBA command to pause execution of code until WORD finishes? Thanks. I am pretty sure the answer to your specific question is "No". If you tell us exactly what you are doing, including from where the Shell command is being executed, maybe we can suggest another way that will overcome the problem. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.
Hello all. Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped my company's IT people on this one: I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder -- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other do...

New Entity Question
I created a new entity in CRM. After creation, by default, I have the following options under the Actions menu when a new object is created: Actions > Delete; Actions > Deactivate How do I get a "close"/"resolve" option to appear under Actions? (Ex: the way it appears under Cases, Activities, etc...) On the form of my new entity, I have a Regarding field so I'm able to track these objects in CRM. I would like to be able to keep the history in CRM, so I don't want to delete or deactivate these objects. Any advice? Thanks! ...

new blank doc
I some how corrupted my blank doc. When I go to file and open. I get a blank doc with 3 cloums saying next record. How can I get my blank doc back so that I can do my work? Thank you itropier While this newsgroup is for Microsoft .NET (dotnet) questions, you should locate the hidden system file called "normal.dot" and delete it. -Scott "new blank doc" <newblankdoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95C60997-1B8B-4831-BB69-A56A9B1CBC8B@microsoft.com... >I some how corrupted my blank doc. When I go to file and open. I get a >...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...