Converting measurements in a document

Does anyone know of a program to automatically convert measurements in a
document from, for example, US to metric systems? I'm looking for something
like this, even if it's not perfect.

Ideally what I want to do is pull all the measurements out of a document,
and convert them there, but maybe that's a little harder to find. Any ideas
at all, I'd love to hear them and I haven't found a thing yet.

Thanks!
Meg

Try this link:

<http://www.diydata.com/information/metricimpconversions/calculator/calculator.php>

OR

<http://convert.french-property.co.uk/>

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
0
LD55ZRA

document in publisher 2000 on XP- won't open win98
I created a 4 page document in publisher on my computer with XP and Office 2000. Took it to another computer with office 200o and windows 98 and it wouldn't open correctly. Why is this. When you say correctly, does it mean it opens but some formatting is lost? Do both computers have the same fonts loaded? Are you trying to open the file from removable media? Copy the file to the hard drive and try again. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thelma" <Thelma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Must I convert my VB4 application with Jet DB if I install Office XP
I have a VB4(32) program that accesses an Access 97 database (.mdb) and seems to run fine under my recent upgrade to Windows 2000 Pro. I have Office 97 Pro installed but Windows 2000 Pro has major problems with Office 97 apps, so I am considering upgrading to Office XP. I have been unable to find any info about "fixing" Office 97 to operate properly under W2K Pro. (it often will not load and I have to end it with Task manager). I'm also faced with the problem of not being able to open Office Files I will receive from others using later versions of Office. -- Message posted vi...

Alternate units of measure for Bill of Materials build
Bills of materials in IC sets itself automatically to set the build quantity to the base unit of measure. E.g. EACH. If a product is generally built in batches of, say 20 then it would be useful to be able to specify the build quantity of measure and BATCH which is 20 EACH's. This is particularly important when the per unit amount of a build is not readily divided by the number of units in a batch. E.g. Labour might be 1.5 hours to build a batch of 20. If the BOM is set up on a per EACH basis, then the labour per unit is 75/20 = 3.75 minutes per unit or .0625 of an hour. This type ...

A unique document number could not be found. Please check setup
has anyone come across this message Is this when creating a new transaction? It's possible that you've 'run out' of numbers....what does the module setup say? If you have something like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual intervention. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642E314C-DFEF-48C9-BD37-EB047270430E@microsoft.com... > has anyone come across this message Victoria has one ...

convert 1.2 miles to meters
can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles? You can check out the Convert() function in the Help files. =CONVERT(1.2,"mi","m") Ans. = 1931.213 -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "crlathem" <crlathem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC7F92-19E9-4D70-A3A3-A5CAA918C6DB@microsoft.com... > can somebody tell me how many meters a...

Outlook converts my HTML email to text
But only occasionally, and I have to click on the message bar and choose Display as HTML to see it as it was meant to be seen. How can I stop Outlook from arbitrarily displaying HTML email as text? -- Dena Jo Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain. Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html Why would you want to view mail in HTML? That is dangerous. All mail should be read and replied to in plain text for security reasons. "Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:Xns97D04AD6B6C9FDenaJo@130.133.1.4... > But only o...

I cannot import a word document in to Publisher
"mcattlin" <mcattlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9A5204-71E7-4B21-8686-F09F7BA1404A@microsoft.com... > Well gee you may need an import license or something. Or if you want some help a few details IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE would be nice. Clues!!! Error Message Pub Version? Word Version? OS Version? Error Message? Method:- Copy paste? Error Message? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? I can. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Convert to PDF #2
This is the last time, but could someone convert two .pub to .pdf for me? Email me at squeakypants@gmail.com Why not just download pdf 995 and do it yourself for free? "squeakypants" wrote: > This is the last time, but could someone convert two .pub to .pdf for > me? Email me at squeakypants@gmail.com > > You can get a free pdf converter, Primopdf at www.primopdf.com or for a modest price get the better PDF-XChange at http://www.docu-track.com PDF-XChange has two advantages over the freebee programs, creates a smaller file (smaller than Adobe's) and makes e...

Import file to Word document
I have a Microsoft Word merge file, all of my information for that file is sitting in an Excel file. Is there anywhere possible I can get these two files to merge? Thanks Have you tried mail merge? http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_letters_in_microsoft_word.htm or http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Y Y" <snuze@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:11li62cle2ti5ce@corp.supernews.com... >I have a Microsoft Word merge file, all of my information for that file is >sitting...

Saving New Documents on a network Drive.
Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our office network drive it says, "Cannot save Blank. This folder is read only." Only, the folderis NOT read only. All other software has no issues saving here but excel. any ideas? I'm sick of saving on the local drive and copying it over to the network drive. Thanks. Umm. . . any ideas? "MaxZ" <bmw@florida-counsel.com> wrote in message news:%23WKiYeI5FHA.2816@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya. Whenever i make a new excel document and have to save it on our > office network drive it...

Convert File text box appears
I have the capability to to open resumes that have been submitted by potential future employees so that I can assign them to the correct department manager. Just recently I've started having a problem in that some of the resumes, after I launch them, I get a Convert File text window. I've tried every option in this list but I either get an error and nothing opens up or I get the boxes and other strange characters. I believe that the ones that I'm having problems with most likely were created in something other than Word, such as Works, Wordpad, Notepad, etc. I hav...

Not in recent documents
My Visio 2000 document don't appear in my Win 2000 Recent Documenst list in the Start Menu ...

convert text to formula using VLookup
My question; I've seen somewhere that you can convert a text string into a formula using the INDIRECT Function. What I am constructing is a maintenance Schedule where some items need to be serviced on a weekly basis, others monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, and yearly. (Those are the only five rotations I require at the moment.) Once constructed the format will take on the appearance of a calendar with conditional formatting to highlight the dates the service falls on. Each of the rotations require (I think) different formulas, so what I want to do is have a list of the f...

Save As "Word 97-2003 Document" format does not save an RTF file i
Thanks for reviewing this question. Word 2007 does not convert a RTF file to the Word 97 (DOC) format when using Save As and selecting the type: Word 97-2003 Document format. To reproduce: Open Word 2007 add some text to the document Select Save As and the file type "Word 97-2003 & 6.0/95 RTF (*.doc)" Note file is saved in the RTF format Select Save As and set the type to "Word 97-2003 Document (*.doc)" Use the same file name. Notice you will be prompted to save the file again. (This is very annoying to our customers) Open the file in notepad and n...

Searching documents with tables
Not sure if Windows 7 issue or word issue, but I am trying to search for text in word document(s) that is in a table. In Windows Explorer I type the test in the search box and hit enter. If the text is not in a table windows search finds it perfectly, but words that are in a table it won't find. Is there a way around this? ...

Converting a date to a numeric (1-7 number) day of the week
I am trying to take a date (e.g., 01/01/2008) and have Access tell me the numeric day of the week (1-7) that corresponds to each date in a table. Thanks for your help! On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:00:03 -0800, John_ wrote: > I am trying to take a date (e.g., 01/01/2008) and have Access tell me the > numeric day of the week (1-7) that corresponds to each date in a table. > Thanks for your help! Look up the DatePart and the Weekday functions in VBA help. =DatePart("w", [DateField]) will return 4 if the day is a Wednesday. or... You can also use the Weekday function =WeekDay(...

Didn't convert FE to mde is that an issue?
Hi After splitting my database I didn't covert the FE to a mde. Is that an issue? If it is, how do I fix it? I also have to made some changes to the database. If I make changes to the backend, should I still link the FE that's not a mde or make the current FE to a MDE and then re-link it. Thank you in advance. On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:51:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >After splitting my database I didn't covert the FE to a mde. Is that an issue? > >If it is, how do I fix it? > >I also ha...

how to converts a number to text eg. "2" become "two" #2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 many excel utilities from third parties have this built in http://xcell05.free.fr/ Morefunc for instance, see above link -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions Portland, Oregon "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03EC3E12-2919-4F4F-9D6B-101F7C095860@microsoft.com... > ...

Converting dataset xml into adodb.recordset???
Hi, I have a need to conver the xml produced by a .net dataset (with a single table) into an adodb.recordset. The adodb.recordset doesn't understand the xml that the dataset.GetXml method produces. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks ... Ed Hi, see the code download for Dino Esposito's "Applied XML Programming for Microsoft .NET" http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/6235.asp . In chapter 4 there is written as an example an XmlRecordsetWriter class (custom XML writer) which is capable to write ADO recordset compliant XML. It has WriteRecordset meth...

Making sure a replica of another node is not saved in the xml document
Hi, How do I iterate through the nodes of an xml file to check if the newly added node is a replica of another node(incl. innertext and each element of the node and values thereof) ? If there newly added node is a copy of another node I would then delete the new node and save the xml file. All this would be done from the click event of a button in a webform. What is a good way of achieving the above? A code sample would be great. Thanks a lot Anita, Yould run an XPath expression against the document before you insert a new element. The most generic case would be an XPath like this: //*...

VBComponent documentation
Any idea where I can find documentation for the VBComponent class? Phil Hibbs. Found it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa443982%28VS.60%29.aspx Phil Hibbs. ...

MSDN like documentation for Xml-files?
I would like to be able to generate documentation for a custom configuration file (xml) to enable future support engineers to understand applicable values to the various elements inside the configuration file. (see below for sample). Does any program exist (like NDoc) that is able to generate MSDN like documentation? <!-- CONFIGURATION SECTION --> <configurationSection> <caching> <!-- Should caching be used by the Configuration system ? Using caching greatly improves performance Values: "false" : Do not use "true" : Do use ...

2003 restore disaster recovery: Are the details in the "2000" documentation valid for "2003"?
I seem to have had a massive hardware failure on an exchange server (the only exchange server in the domain). Luckily I have a good backup created following the 2003 guidelines. I just did a search for 2003 disaster recovery and from TechNet : Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations Guide > Restoring Exchange Server 2003 > Restoring Exchange Mailbox or Public Folder Stores Restoring Exchange Databases to Another Server The link goes to a detailed document for recovery of exchange 2000 ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/dbrecovr.mspx ) Are the...

Help-Can't Open a Document
I saved a couple of Excell documents to a Floopy Disk. I >then wnet back and "re-named" them, now I can't get them >to open, yet they still appear on the Disk. The >following messages appear when I try to open them. > > "Doc can not be accessed. The file may be read >only or you may be trying to access a read only location" > >IF I try to copy or move the document the following comes >up. > > "Can not copy file" or " directory is corrupted or >unreadable" > >What have I done and how can I ...

Getting error messsages when saving a document
Okay, let's say I am using a form in Word. I make the changes in the form, go to the directory I was to save the document in, click "save as"..................and am immediately booted out of Word. XP machine, Office 2007. Only happens to me, no one else has complained of it. It is starting to drive me nuts. It only happens when the document I am working from was previously saved under a different name ..............and when I try to save my changes to the document into the directory I am working in. For example, I am using a form of subpeona from our forms dir...