Contact Ribbon

The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the
SAVE & CLOSE option.  I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts.  It seams
they should have put the delete option in a safer place?  I am aware that the
ribbon can not be changed.  I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably
become more carfull as time goes on.  Is there a way to undo delete?  Is
there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the
information and re-entering it?

thanks Paul

Might I suggest just clicking the "x" to close and then answer "Yes" to
save changes.

foodman wrote:

> The DELETE option in the Actions box of the Contact tab is right next to the
> SAVE & CLOSE option.  I have allready deleted 2 of my contacts.  It seams
> they should have put the delete option in a safer place?  I am aware that the
> ribbon can not be changed.  I am a new user to Office 07 and will probably
> become more carfull as time goes on.  Is there a way to undo delete?  Is
> there any other way to get the Contact back other than locating the
> information and re-entering it?
>
> thanks Paul

0
Bob

Auto update contact e-mails to address book distribution lists
I'm uploading about 2000 contacts adn mapping information to various fields. Can I change the way I view my ADDRESS book. I have been trying to change it so shows company (Last,First). I'm starting with a blank address book, changing the settings in tools/options and contacts before i import but it won't apply the changes... can anyone help? Importing with Outlook's Import Wizard is the worst way to create Contacts. The settings you specify for derived fields like "File As," "Full Name," and "Email Display As" will not be appli...

what is the difference between a ".wab", the "contacts" folder, and a "personal address book"
I am migrating to Outlook from Outlook Express. All my current contacts are in an OE6 "wab". I have successfully imported them into Outlook. I just don't really understand the what and why of the existence of a Contacts folder *and* a "personal address book" file for Outlook. Why are these two features different? What is the consequence of using either one or both? TIA albert The Windows Address Book is an operating system address book utility that stores its information in a *.wab file. It is the Address Book used by Outlook Express but is separate from Outlook...

missing Business Contact Manager
My Office Professional Edition 2003 arrived from Microsoft. I installed the complete program. The Business Contact Manager menu does not appear. I thought that the Outlook 2003 in the Professional Edition has Business Contact Manager. Is it not supposed to? shlomoved@yahoo.com If you have Exchange service in your profile, the BCM will be unavailable. If you do not, did you install Outlook first and then the BCM from disk 2? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <an...

Shared Contacts Master Categories question
I need to have 50 users on Outlook/Exchange specify a number of contacts that need to be exported to another system. I had my Exchange admin give me shared access to each of the mailboxes in question. My plan was to go through each set of contacts, and add a new category to the master categories for each user. When I got the the second contact, the keyword identifier was already there! It looks like Outlook/Exchange is allowing me access to the correct contacts, but is using my master category list. How can I access and update each users category master list? Isn't this kept ...

Active-sync duplication in Biz Contact Manager
Hi, After synching my outlook database (calender, contacts etc) using Active sync 3.7 (for HP ipaq), I discovered the all my business contact histories has been individually replaced w/ the contents of my inbox. Nothing else in the business contacts is being synched only my regular outlook contacts. I'm using XP and Outlook 2003. Any thoughts/ideas greatly appreciated. thanks, Dave Try clearing the forms cache. Choose Tools | Options | Other | Advanced Options | Custom Forms, then click Manage Forms, then Clear Cache. If simply clearing the cache doesn't fix the issue, try th...

birthday in contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am unable to edit a birthday in my contacts. The contact info defaults to 1 Jan 1970 whatever I do. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3356781351_7446652 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/15/10 6:20 AM, in article 59bb880e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Erwin@officeformac.com" <Erwin@officeformac.com&g...

Let's exchange contact info
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

About blocked contacts ?
It seems lately that a wide number of unwanted persons use some sort of tool to search the web for email-adresses, hotmail preferably. Those attempts to add me on their contactlist, result a blocking and denial from my part. However, the list grows bigger by each month. I guess that there are no current solution to this unwanted "phenomena" ? It will for the future also be impossible to remove such unwanted contacts and hope that MSN also provides such that my adress is removed from THEIR list too ? I dont want some twisted CAM-hooker on my lists, come on... Gr...

Backing up contacts in outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them Save your Outlook Data File (Personal Folders File) and reuse it after you reinstall. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jhapoienu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49f901c3ffb7$8ff238a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. > Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them jhap...

Contact List
How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax #, it lists the contact twice on my main list? It's because there is no Outlook 2004. The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers. There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you automat...

Company contacts accessible by all employees
Hi to everyone I have a question which I am hoping has an easy answer, as this must have been thought of a million times before at least! We are trying to re-arrange everyone’s contacts here, so that everyone has access to the same company contacts/address book, and their personal ones stay with just their personal profile and are only accessed by themselves. How would I go about getting all company specific contacts from each employee’s outlook contacts into a company wide address book? Is there such an address book within Outlook, does one need to be created and if so how, ...

Entourage + Exchange Contacts are Writeprotected
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi Folks, we are running Windows Server 2003 with Exchange. We would like to use our Global Contactdata in Exchange with Entourage 2008 on our Mac Clients (all leopard 10.5.x). Well, everything looks to be fine when we start Entourage and click on our Global Contacts but when someone creates a contact it becomes immediately writeportected for everyone else. We tried everything (setting the Rights on Exchange etc.) but nothing helped. What can we do further more? We are going nuts! <br>&...

Shared contact list in Outlook XP
I would like to have two separate Outlook profiles each with access to the same contact list (which is being used for an email address book also). The PC is installed standalone and is accessing email servers through the local cable operator. Can/how this be done? You can easily connect to the pst-file of the other profile by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... In addition to that you could create a separate file which just holds a contacts folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 ...

adding a contact mail form to the toolbar
Hi. I once found an article about how to add a pre-addressed mail form to the Outlook toolbar. When I'm in Outlook, if I want to send a letter to one of several commonly used addresses, I just click on these icons (I use a smiley face with the person's name), and a new mail window opens up, already addressed to that person, and ready for me to type my message. It's a great convenience. However, I have lost the original article telling me how to do it, and I have looked at all the options in Customize Toolbar, and can't figure out how to do it again. I can certainly...

CRM to Outlook Contact Management
When viewing our contacts in Outlook all active as well as inactive contacts are imported. Is anyone else having this issue and what might the fix be to import only active contacts into Outlook from CRM? I would check the Local Data Group setting: 1. CRM Outlook Client CRM Menu >> Modify Local Data Group 2. Review the current rule(s) that are in place and modify so that it select Contact with Status = Active Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "GaryG" wrote: > When viewing our contacts in Out...

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

Exporting Outlook Contact "Categories" with contacts?
I am trying to export my Outlook contacts to Windows 7's contacts but only the entries export and none of the "Categories"? Is there a way to include the "Categories" in the export? Also, I am not finding any option to make categories in Windows 7 contacts on it's own. Does anyone know how to do this also? Thank you. John -- Johnz414 ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Convert Contacts to Address Book
I have always (for years) entered my email addrees and info in Contact folder. Now I would like to convert this Contacts folder to an personal Address Book. The outlook Address Book is a filtered view of your Contacts, showing only those with an electronic address (email / Fax), it is not a seperate item "OR Mike" <OR Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C81EDA0-369F-41ED-8457-C6326719AEDB@microsoft.com... >I have always (for years) entered my email addrees and info in Contact > folder. Now I would like to convert this Contacts folder to...

Contacts: remember last position/lookup?
I have a lot of contacts and when I type someones name and then find them and then switch to Mail or something else it looses my position in contacts. I have to then retype their name. It would be nice if Outlook could remember the last record I was on, but give me an option to start a new search. BTW I am just typing the name not using Find. Can it do this? TIA ...

print single envelope with contacts name and address
how do i print one envelope with a select contacts name and address from my outlook contacts? also, - how do i back up my contacts in outlook? - how do i import data from my palm address book into outlook? - when i go to my email address book, the names are listed in alphabetical order according to FIRST name not last. why? how do i change this? ...

how do i export addresses from autofill that are not in contacts
I am trying to export my email addresses to hotmail but they don'ts show up in contacts or the address book. The do auto fill when typing them but how do I export them? "Okami" <Okami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79A08B2D-1167-4710-80DD-8EF40A4D975E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to export my email addresses to hotmail but they don'ts show up > in contacts or the address book. The do auto fill when typing them but how > do I export them? The names that pop up when you type in the To field are not coming from your Contacts....

Accessing folder 'Other Contacts'
I am programming in VBA Several users are using Outlook in a network environment. Each of them hat its own 'Contacts'. They have shared their addresslists so that I can lookup en change the contacts fields from my workstation. I would like to access these Contactlists by using VBA. Therefor, i found via the help function some code and tried to open the contact of a user called 'DE DAUW' and whose contacts I can see in the 'Other Contacts'. Impossible to get into the 'DE DAUW' addresslist. Who can help me ? Dim MyApp As Outlook.Applicat...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...