Compatibility Pack for 2007 Office System

I have downloaded the Compatibiity Pack so that I can read Word & Excel 2007
files sent to my 2003 Office System, but I still can't open them.  What can I
do?

Did you comply with the installation instructions (especially item #1)?

/quote

Instructions
To install this download:

   1. Ensure your system is up to date by installing all High-Priority/Required
updates on Microsoft Update (required for Microsoft Office XP and 2003 users).

   2. After installing all High-Priority/Required updates with Microsoft Update,
download the Compatibility Pack by clicking the Download button above and saving
the file to your hard disk.

   3. Double-click the FileFormatConverters.exe program file on your hard disk
to start the setup program.

   4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.

/unquote

"EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have downloaded the Compatibiity Pack so that I can read Word & Excel 2007
> files sent to my 2003 Office System, but I still can't open them.  What can I
> do?

0
David