Cannot see Office 2007 Video Demos

Something has happened such that I cannot view any of the Office 2007 Video
Demos.  Have no problems viewing videos on other web sites.  I just get the
"done" at the bottom with a blank screen.  Have tried all of the
troubleshooting suggestions there to no avail as well. Couuld someone at
least tell me where to start looking, i.e. I have verified that Adobe flash
works fine, but don't know if that is what is used.  I have also turned off
virus scanner/firewalls as well.  Running Vista Home Premium with all updates.

If you're referring to the video's on Microsoft's Office website, they
require Silverlight.

Daddy

"Bob L." <BobL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Something has happened such that I cannot view any of the Office 2007
> Video
> Demos.  Have no problems viewing videos on other web sites.  I just get
> the
> "done" at the bottom with a blank screen.  Have tried all of the
> troubleshooting suggestions there to no avail as well. Couuld someone at
> least tell me where to start looking, i.e. I have verified that Adobe
> flash
> works fine, but don't know if that is what is used.  I have also turned
> off
> virus scanner/firewalls as well.  Running Vista Home Premium with all
> updates.

0
Daddy
1/20/2010 8:58:02 PM

"Daddy" wrote:

> If you're referring to the video's on Microsoft's Office website, they
> require Silverlight.
>
> Daddy
>
> "Bob L." <BobL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Something has happened such that I cannot view any of the Office 2007
> > Video
> > Demos.  Have no problems viewing videos on other web sites.  I just get
> > the
> > "done" at the bottom with a blank screen.  Have tried all of the
> > troubleshooting suggestions there to no avail as well. Couuld someone at
> > least tell me where to start looking, i.e. I have verified that Adobe
> > flash
> > works fine, but don't know if that is what is used.  I have also turned
> > off
> > virus scanner/firewalls as well.  Running Vista Home Premium with all
> > updates.
>

> .
> Also forgot to mention that Ihave checked out silverlight via Msft support and visited their website to see it works fine.

folders missing from outlook 2000 to 2007
I upgraded form outlook 2000 to 2007 and all my folders are missing off my inbox. Help Please "Marsha" <Marsha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE2C133A-7EC7-4222-8662-B432B9506A9F@microsoft.com... >I upgraded form outlook 2000 to 2007 and all my folders are missing off my > inbox. Help Please Then you didn't transfer your data to the new Outlook instance correctly. Describe exactly what you did and we should be able to tell you how to fix it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

HELP with MS Office 2004 registration (preferences?)
Awhile back, I assisted a friend who was having trouble with her Mac by backing up the computer when she had to send it in for repairs. She owned MS Office 2004. I owned an earlier version. So, when I tried to open office documents it then opened them in her Office 2004. When her computer returned and we made sure all was intact, I deleted all her files and programs. Later still, I purchased my own copy of Office 2004 and registered it. However, since that time when the application launches it shows MY name, but HER company which was shown on her version that I had backed up for her. Does an...

Downgrading from GP Dynamic 7.5 to Office Accounting Professional
I know it's somewhat taboo to think about going "backwards", but we have been a GP customer since the old DOS days and have found ourselves with a system that is absolute overkill for us and way too expensive to keep up with. It's been a long journey, but over the years our business has been simplified and Dynamics has been complicated. In reviewing the details of MS's new Office Pro 2007, it looks like that's all we need. Anyone with any experience of moving your data "back" to this program. We are running Server 2000 with all XP Pro workstations an...

Can you see this?
I'm not sure my posts are making it. If you can see this please respond. It appeared. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Shawn Matlock asked: | I'm not sure my posts are making it. If you can see this please | respond. Yes I can see it >-----Original Message----- >I'm not sure my posts are making it. If you can see this please resp...

How can I see all my wrapped text in a cell.
I have formatted the text to wrap in the cell and how adjusted the row height to auto-fit and even larger. I can see all of the text in the formula bar (counted 1336 words) but it does not all display in the cell. I have changed the size of the font and changed the vertical alignment. This leaves white space in the cell, but still does not display all of the information. Hi enter some manual linebreaks with aLT+ENTER every 1000 characters -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Charlene Hoffmeister" <Charlene Hoffmeister@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbe...

office on a broken laptop
I have Microsoft Office, licensed for three users. The third usage is on a laptop which has now died and I can't get access it to remove the software to re-install on a new laptop. I have the product registration no's - might I be able to get a replacement from microsoft and how would I go about it ? (I'm in the UK) thanks This is a Macintosh? MacOffice does not need to be activated or unactivated--just install from the CD and re-use the license key that was assigned to that laptop, you don't need to bother to remove the software to install it. If this isn't on a Mac, ...

Outlook 2003 Video Plug-In
I have installed the Video email plug-in for Outlook 2003 (VEMAIL.EXE) however when I open Outlook, the Video toolbar does not show up. Anybody have any ideas about this? Wish I had the answer, but I've been having the same problem... Hopefully someone can help. In my case, it also doesn't show up on the add-in manager listing..... Any clues? On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:35:01 -0800, "brent372" <brent372@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have installed the Video email plug-in for Outlook 2003 (VEMAIL.EXE) >however when I open Outlook, the Video toolbar does not ...

Office 97 Excel--FuncRes.xla Error?
Back in 1996 I wrote some add-on statistical functions in VBA for Excel. In 2000 or so I acquired Office97 and ran it under Win2000 Pro successfully. I've since moved on to XP Pro and tried running it. I get a "FuncRes.XLA error" and a notice about VBA macros. Once I get by those message, I cannot run my old programs. What's up? Am I going to have to purchase XP Office? Perhaps there's another way? A workaround? The thought of paying out $400 or more for an upgrade does not excite me. Funcres.xla is the workbook that contains the Analysis toolpak (installed via too...

Video control
Hi. I have a .mp4 video in a Windows 7 / Powerpoint 2003 presentation and it shows OK. I need to control the motion of the video: play, stop, rewind, etc. Is there a way? Thanks Martins .... a slider would be nice. I found it but I don't know how to connect it to the video. I can't find any reference about that ... may be it is not intended for that purpose. Martins You can't do that in PPT 2003. That function is available in 2010, which should be available sometime this summer. "Martins" wrote: > .... a slider would be nice. I found it but...

Office Auto Correct Library
Does anyone know how to transfer the entries from the Auto Correct library from one computer to another? I've purchased a new Mac and want to transfer the hundreds of entries I've made to a new machine. Thanks. Dan Install Office on the other computer, and copy these two files over there in the corresponding locations: ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/MS Office ACL [English] HD/Applications/Microsoft Office X/Templates/Normal ("~" = Go -> Home or HD/Users/<Your User>) On 4/26/04 2:58 PM, in article 3907a01b.0404261158.405bab00@posting.google.com, "Dan"...

Hardware recommendations for VPC demo images
I've been speaking with some of my Sales people, and would like to purchase new hardware for them to demo GP. They are currently putting off using the GP10 images because they are worried it will run too slow. From a hardware standpoint, should 2GB of RAM be sufficient, assuming we use a dual-core processor, or will they see a marked difference if I bump them up to 4GB? Also, if there is a more appropriate NG for this, please let me know. regards, James. From what I've experienced and been told, 3 GB should be the minimum with 4 GB as the best (that you can get on a laptop)....

Returning entries are gone after switch to Office XP
Hi! I have exported (using import/export) OUTLOOK 2002 Data including all subdirectories and reimported them to Outlook XP . After having a first glance on the data I later realized that every returning entry is gone. Like "gym on wednesday" or "eating sauerkraut each sunday" ! Did I do something wrong? can I solve this problem in any way? Did somebody have it before and can help me? Einie Alexander Weidemann <einie@mac.com> wrote: > I have exported (using import/export) OUTLOOK 2002 Data including all > subdirectories and reimported them to Outlook XP . T...

Access 2007 bug?
Hi All, is there a known bug for an issue with access 2007, sometimes when I select the After_update event when in visual basic say for a option radio button or a text box, Access stops working and then restarts offering me the option to save a back up of my database, has anyone else had this problem? (vista user) Thanks That can be caused by a number of things, but often portends some corruption in your file. Make sure you do several "Compact & Repair" actions to clear it up. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://ww...

upgrade from 2003 to 2007 issues
downloaded 2007 prem, but every time I try and install, comes back, 'setup unable to install some of the compnents needed to run money' , try installing again. have turned off firewalls, virus,phishing, programs. still no work. thought it was because am on dial up so ordered cd, still the same messages. any ideas? Are you running Norton security? If so it is not enough to turn it off, you must uninstall it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that ...

MS Office 2007 have product key no disk drive need link to downld
I have a new netbook without disk drive and already have software licence.Therefore I need the link to download MS Office Small Business 2007 and then use my product key Where did you get the key? I assume it was in an email - the link should be there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Justin Grainger" <Justin Grainger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92E81A55-B7BD-49A5-86BF-F9BFEB698214@microsoft.com... >I have a new netbook without disk drive and already have ...

office 2007 will not load, missing file SKU011.CAB...Help!
can not install MS Office Standard 2007, error message states that file SKU011.CAB is missing. Previously did install on lap top (windows 7). Will not install on desk top (windows XP). Can someone help? Office 2007 requires at least XP with SP2. If that's not the problem, then take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818234/en-us -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Hoot" <Hoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98013A41-0F20-4CA6-A31D-68C57B3D5967@mic...

2003 Contacts format in Outlook 2007?
I'm new to using Outlook 7, and would like my Contacts list to look the same as it di in Outlook 2003: full contact information in multiple columns instead of in one column, as seems to be the default in 2007. Can I use the 2003 format? Post is too vague. What is a Contacts List? To what view are you referring? I know of no views that changed substantially between Outlook 2003 and 2007. -- Russ Valentine "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:596CED0A-0948-40CB-8F9F-E29A6D6153C1@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using Outlook 7, ...

How can I determine what is causing Watson to be invoked on MOSS 2007 server
A dozen or so times a day (varies from day to day) we are seeing 12 hive log messages referencing Watson. I am not familar with what tools one has to deal with locating and resolving the issues leading to these exceptions. Here's a sample of one of the error "passages" 03/05/2010 06:00:04.59 mssdmn.exe (0x1E34) 0x1698 Search Server Common PHSts 0 Monitora ble CSTS3Accessor::Init: Return error to caller, hr=80041206 - File:d:\offic e\source\search\search\gather\protocols\sts3\sts3acc.cxx Line:347 03/05/2010 06:00:04...

Outlook (Office) 2010
I just installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on a client's computer. Anyone have an idea when the real thing is coming out? Online news sites have made mention of May 12th for volume license and mid June 15 for public/retail. "Jethro Pull" <jpull@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zKbqn.57884$2r7.19777@newsfe05.iad... >I just installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on a client's computer. Anyone have an >idea when the real thing is coming out? Jethro Pull wrote: > I just installed Outlook 2010 (beta) on a client's computer. Anyone have > an idea wh...

Eligibility for Publisher 2007 Upgrade?????
I recently purchased Office 2007 Student and Teacher edition. I would also like to purchase Publisher 2007. I notice that Publisher 2007 Upgrade is eligible to anyone who owns a version of Office (current or previous versions). Just double-checking, but does the Student and Teacher edition qualify for this upgrade, too? Or do I need to purchase the full-priced version? Thanks. No, it does not. That's one of the reasons it's so cheap. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Weirzee" <Weirz...

Visio 2007, associative(dependent) entity with rounded corners
Hi, How can I create an associative entity that has rounded corners in Visio 2007? I tried doing that from the lines properties but it doesn't work. I select one of the rounded corners click apply and OK but it stays the same. Ofcourse I can achieve something like that using the rectangle tool, straight lines etc but what would be the point of using visio then. Let me clarifiy a little, rouding corner works on a normal rectange drawing but not on entities. And I couldn't find anything like associative or dependent entity type. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 22:34:01 -080...

Showing BCC field all the time in OWA using Exchange Server 2007
I've seen this ? posted but no answers due to poster not providing enough info about version, etc. I have to use BCC a lot and I work remotely so I use the companys Outlook Web Access App to access my email. It is painful to have to go through the process each time to get the BCC field to display or to use the Address book. Is there any setting either indiviually (preferred) or in Exchange to be able to have the BCC field shown by default instead of having to turn it on each time? Thanks in advance. No. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the...

Ole Automation Error Sending eMail via Outlook 2007
Hello Ng, Hope, this is the right forum. We are using Outlook Automation to send email out of a database application (Gupta). Everything worked fine so far, but since installation of Outlook 2007 Update KB 969907 we get the error message: "Ole Automation Runtime Error 800706ba, Invocation of Create Item" A debug run shows that this error occurs on invocation of function OutlookApp.CreateItem(Outlook_OlItemType_olMailItem, OutlookMail ). Has anyone an idea to get rid of this? THANKS! regards Uwe ...

reinstall OLE server Access 2007
I can find no information on this topic related to a database originally done in Access/Office XP. The error number is 502725. I've installed and registered the triedit.dll file to no avail. The error persists. How do I fix things so the my Access 2007 recognizes objects from other apps, e.g., Photoshop objects in my tables as objects? ...

How can I check the expiry date on my office trial version?
I recently activated the OEM trial version of MS Office on a PC that I was using for other applications before. I seem to remember that the expiry date displyed at activation was shorter than I expected and wanted to check this. So far the Office applications have not prompted me with warnings about the expiry. How can I display this information? Thanks, Peter Whenever you start you get nagging alerts informing you that you have xx days left or xx times left to use this application. You can also check whether or not it is trial by going to: Windows Logo/Word Options/Res...