Cannot get into Word Documents

When I click on Mocrosoft Word, I get a blank page.  If I click anywhere on
that page I get a toolbar at the top of the page stating that it is 'not
responding'.  The only way that I can get out of that page is Control, Alt,
Delete.  Then I get the 'Send Error report'.  Sometimes but not always if I
reboot it works for one document but usually not more than one.  But on that
one document that does open up, I cannot print because the program does not
recognize my printer.  I am gettiing very frustrated by this.

Hi Pencilpusher57,

Have you tried repairing your Word installation? You can do this via the Windows Control Panel (Programs & Features in Vista,
Add/Remove Programs in previous versions).

--
Cheers
macropod

"Pencilpusher57" <Pencilpusher57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on Mocrosoft Word, I get a blank page.  If I click anywhere on
> that page I get a toolbar at the top of the page stating that it is 'not
> responding'.  The only way that I can get out of that page is Control, Alt,
> Delete.  Then I get the 'Send Error report'.  Sometimes but not always if I
> reboot it works for one document but usually not more than one.  But on that
> one document that does open up, I cannot print because the program does not
> recognize my printer.  I am gettiing very frustrated by this.

0
macropod
12/26/2009 6:56:57 AM
Anyone else notice that it is Microsoft apps that most often do not respond
to user input?

;^)

Earle

"macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi Pencilpusher57,
>
> Have you tried repairing your Word installation? You can do this via the
> Windows Control Panel (Programs & Features in Vista, Add/Remove Programs
> in previous versions).
>
> --
> Cheers
> macropod
> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>

> "Pencilpusher57" <Pencilpusher57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:9AE0DBEA-8D9F-4F3D-AF36-81FBB8878B6A@microsoft.com...
>> When I click on Mocrosoft Word, I get a blank page.  If I click anywhere
>> on
>> that page I get a toolbar at the top of the page stating that it is 'not
>> responding'.  The only way that I can get out of that page is Control,
>> Alt,
>> Delete.  Then I get the 'Send Error report'.  Sometimes but not always if
>> reboot it works for one document but usually not more than one.  But on
>> that
>> one document that does open up, I cannot print because the program does
>> not
>> recognize my printer.  I am gettiing very frustrated by this.

0
Earle
12/26/2009 11:49:52 PM
Typically in Office applications where the user maps inaccessible drive
letters.

Earle Horton wrote:
> Anyone else notice that it is Microsoft apps that most often do not
> respond to user input?
>
> ;^)
>
> Earle
>
> "macropod" <macropod@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> Hi Pencilpusher57,
>>
>> Have you tried repairing your Word installation? You can do this via
>> the Windows Control Panel (Programs & Features in Vista, Add/Remove
>> Programs in previous versions).
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> macropod
>> [Microsoft MVP - Word]
>>

>> "Pencilpusher57" <Pencilpusher57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:9AE0DBEA-8D9F-4F3D-AF36-81FBB8878B6A@microsoft.com...
>>
>>> When I click on Mocrosoft Word, I get a blank page.  If I click
>>> anywhere on
>>> that page I get a toolbar at the top of the page stating that it is 'not
>>> responding'.  The only way that I can get out of that page is
>>> Control, Alt,
>>> Delete.  Then I get the 'Send Error report'.  Sometimes but not
>>> always if I
>>> reboot it works for one document but usually not more than one.  But
>>> on that
>>> one document that does open up, I cannot print because the program
>>> does not
>>> recognize my printer.  I am gettiing very frustrated by this.

0
Bob

Merging into Word document
I'm having 2 merging problems. One is even though I format a cell as "zip + 4" on the spreadsheet (81202-3470), Word merges it as without the "dash". And when I inputted a "dash", it merged it as a zero even when I changed the format to general, text, etc. The other problem is when a cell is formatted as a phone number, the merged document shows a zero, when I want it to be blank. And it doesn't print as (303) 860-0122, it prints as 3038600122. HELP! I've saved a couple responses from Deb Dalgleish. She's recommended this to other pe...

Can't get help for word macros
I am writing simple macros for Microsoft Word 2007. When I am in the document and want to work on the macro, I press Alt+F11 and that opens up the macro workarea. If I click on the “Microsoft Visual Basic Help” and enter almost anything, it is not found. I have even tried simple things like Save or File and they aren’t found. I have gone into Tools -> References and made sure things like “Microsoft Development Environment 8.0” and “Microsoft Development Environment VB .Net” are checked. I know I don’t have something set right but I can’t figure out what. Anyone have a...

how do I get my email to come into "inbox" instead of aol inbox
I recently purchased a new PC. I installed office 2007 . When setting up the email I used the setup proceedure to automatically set things up. In my previous outlook all my email came into my inbox. Now it goes to "inbox in myemail.com. I would like to get my email to show up in my inbox and be filtered by Outlook. How do I change this? On 3/11/2010 11:33 AM, Anna wrote: > I recently purchased a new PC. I installed office 2007 . When setting up > the email I used the setup proceedure to automatically set things up. > > In my previous outlook all my email...

rms internet integration documentation
we're using the new west standard integrator to download orders from our storefront database. it looks like the data is getting captured ok, but i can't process any test orders with Ctrl-shift-F10. the item status is a red x.... I can't begin to troubleshoot because I have no documentation. what's my best resource? I had the same issue, and am almost done fixing it. Send me an email to discuss: johnnym59@(removethis)fastbreaksports.net JVM "cdunn52" wrote: > we're using the new west standard integrator to download orders from our > storefront d...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

Option in SOP setup to not allow users to override document #
There should be an option in SOP setup to lock down the document # field so users cannot override the document number ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=0f465a...

Adding tables from MS Word document
I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a table. The article is done in MS Word. How can I easily add the document and keep the table looking the same as it does in the MS Word doc?? Did you try copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Steve Grosz" <boise_bound@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uTfwiw8SIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I had someone send me a article we're using in a newsletter that has a >table. The article is done i...

word 97 covert to word 2007
old saved word doc. wont run in word 2003-2007 Files with insert pics okey. Some files will convert but 100 or so will show but not open Have tried many solutions , inc. repair Office Have you tried to repair the *documents* by using Open and Repair in Word 2007? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "2teddy5" wrote: > old saved word doc. wont run in word 2003-2007 > Files with insert pics okey. > Some files will convert but 100 or so will show but not open > Have tried many solutions , inc. repair Office ...

Can't get text to repeat on monthly pages in Publisher calendar
I have text in the January 2010 page of a Publisher calendar but the remaining months do not show the text I have entered on the January page. How do I get the text to repeat in the text boxes on remaining months? You will have to enter the information manually for every month. It will be easier if you create a text box for your events, you then can copy/paste the text box month to month. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "allen" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message news:ur4pblSeKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have text in the January 2010 page of a...

Controlling hyphenated words in columns.
Is there a way to set up linked columns so that words don't hyphenate? I have tried spacing, reducing font by a half point and adjusting the size of the column but it seems like a lot of work to set it up, then when printing sometimes the layout changes again. Tools, language, hyphenation. Or if you want the hyphenation turned off for this and all future publications, tools, options, edit tab. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "misskitty" <misskitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Attaching documents without saving them as an OLE file first.
It would be helpful to be able to attach documents (scanned) via a "ONE" step process vs. saving the scanned document to a file and then attaching that file as an OLE document in the "Note" field. Basically, place the item to be scanned in the scanner, press START and the image is immediately scanned to the "Note" field. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

Word 07 language selection problem
I use Word 07 SP2 in a powerful PC running Windows 7 Ultimate in 64bit mode. I have a US keyboard. In MS Word I go to Word Option Under personalise your language for Microsoft Office, I set Language settings to English UK as default. I also delete English US from the list of languages. when I open Word the language is still English US. I go to the document, click on Review, click on set language, select English UK as default. I get asked do you want to set the default language to English UK despite the fact that I had already set this as the Office default. I then uncheck detect...

Amount in Words/System Manager ISV
Hello: During the installation of GP 10.0 and the section where module selections are made, there is a module called "Amount in Words". What is this? Also, in someone's reg keys, I noticed a module called "System Manager ISV". What is this? Thanks! childofthe1980s ...

Changing default indents for lists (Word 2007)
In previous versions of Word this was relatively easy. I'm pretty adept with Office products, but as far as I can see this is no longer possible. Can someone confirm or enlighten me? I don't like the indents that Word 2007 imposes on bulleted and numbered lists -- it wastes a lt of space and for me is difficult to visually scan. I prefer my first levels of bullets (or numbers) to appear so that the bullet is lined up with the left margin with a hanging indent of 0.25". Then I like the second level of bullets to be at 0.25" with a hanging indent of 0.5", ...

Images Inline like Word so they move with text
Hi, I just started using Publisher and I'm trying to replicate something I can do easily in Word. I want to insert a picture within a numbered list, say after step 3. I don't want any text to the left or right of the image. However, if step 3 changes and the text gets longer, I want the picture to know to move itself down and still follow its place in line -- right after step 3. This is what I can't figure out how to do -- the picture just stays put and I have to move it manually. The Inline feature in the Format Object window doesn't seem to do quite the same thing as ...

Attempting to print silently from Word using ShellExecuteEx
I am using an ActiveX control to print input documents and their OLE attachments to the proper applications. I am attempting to have the documents print silently. I print them in a loop calling ShellExecuteEx for each one in turn. Parameters are the same for all. E.g my program receives a report with a PDF file and two embedded OLE Word attachments. My loop first prints the PDF and it prints silently with no Popups whatsoever. After successfully extracting the OLE attachments and storing them in locally saved .doc file, I print them in the same loop using the same Shell...

My Word 2007 Crashed Whenever I Open It 03-14-10
Whenever I open Word or click on a word file, the Word GUI opens and immediately stops responding. The file doesn't load, and none of the buttons can be pressed - I just see a word window without a document and toolbars which can't be pressed. What should I do in order to begin troubleshooting? Thanks. See the article "Problems opening Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, ...

Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is used
Hello list- I experience strange problem with one of my users. It's only happening with his computer, others (~40) are not affected. Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all latest hot fixes), Microsoft Office 2003 Pro SP3 (including all updates) - all English. He is connecting to Exchange using native "cached Exchange mode". The problem is that Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is selected, no matter whether it is new message, reply, or forward. Even if I terminate Outlook (through Task Manager) I can still see WINWORD.EXE running, ...

Get A Free IPOD
I just got my IPOD in the mail..Its Fast Free and Easy. http://tinyurl.com/6c86j7 ...

User-Specific document-type stuff
Seems like every week I'm back with a new question. I'm beginning to think I should have just posted a detailed account of what I want and let you guys get on with it. Anyway, I think I have good cause to be stuck now. :) I have a main workbook ("Main") which the whole office can access, and it operates on being userform driven - there's no actual spreadsheet onscreen at any time. What I want to do is include a button on the userform which opens a specific worksheet, dependant on the user's name. Everyone had a single-sheet workbook with their name as the workbook ...

convert word document to excel spreadsheet
I have many word documents (looks like a resume cover letter) and wish to convert it into excel/accesss db for easy retrieval? I probably have to rename the filename of these documents into job ref no. or personal id number. I have tried importing to excel but it look abit mess up , becos it has paragraphs, indentation. I wish to have a database system that allow me to retreive Personal id and view their cover letter? karen Hi Karen, Perhaps you only want to add a link to the Word document in a cell in your worksheet? Go to an empty cell and use the key combination {ctrl}{K} to display t...

Default Weight in Pivot Table Charts keeps getting reset
Hi, I have created a Pivot Table chart and I am using basic line chart to display the data...I would like to make the line weight 2 points heavier than the standard but each time I select new values from the Pivot Table chart it resets to the default....where do you set this to remain at the values entered... Any help appreciated.... Scott ...

When I open Entourage now, I get the message, continuously, until I close Entourage, I get this about every 30 seconds, PLEASE HELP
Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-04-13 14:04:58 +0300 Application Name: Microsoft Sync Services Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.entourage.syncservices12 Application Signature: MSS1 Application Version: 12.2.3.091001 Crashed Module Name: unknown Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: unknown Blame Module Name: unknown Blame Module Version: unknown Blame Module Offset: unknown Application LCID: 1033 Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409 Thread 0 crashed: # 1 0x6e756f63 in ( + 0x00000...

Multiple views Single Document MDI
Hi Folks, I have a situation where I need 4 views in my application. All the 4 views should co exist and shall be updated independently/ simultaneously. I searched the forum and all I got was how to create multiple views for a SDI and for MDI creating multiple document templates and make them refer to a single document . I dont know whether creating multiple document templates is a good solution as I read somewhere it is not an optimal solution. Is there any simple/optimal method by which I can go on adding a view for the document? If possible please paste a link to the sample application....

Can shortcuts be assigned to menus/buttons (like Word)
Can shortcuts be assigned to menus/buttons in Outlook the way they can in Word, etc. ? Or in another but manner that gives similar results? I just want to assign keys to things I do frequently and have on the toolbars as custom items. -- Herb Martin No. The closest you can come is to edit the toolbar button text to change the Alt+ accelerator key. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Herb Martin" <news@LearnQuick.com> wr...