Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess

Hello group,
I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2
(Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office
Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this
machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this
installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd
DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office
software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I
discontinued the setup. Any information/assistance will be greatly
appreciated.

Install XP SP3 and then post back if issue still persists

--
Peter

"bobsis" <bobsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello group,
> I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2
> (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office
> Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this
> machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this
> installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd
> DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office
> software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I
> discontinued the setup. Any information/assistance will be greatly
> appreciated.

0
Peter
12/6/2009 7:35:07 PM
Actually Peter, I had XP SP3 installed before but it was not very kind to my
system which is an AMD based machine; I had that endless reboot problem and
the solution was to plug in a flash drive at all times to rectify the endless
reboot. I think that is a ridiculous solution but it worked. I decided to do
a fresh install and do away with the SP3. My Sony Vaio Laptop is only an XP
Pro SP2 and the Office Ultimate 2007 seems to install without any issue.

Bobsis

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> Install XP SP3 and then post back if issue still persists
>
> --
> Peter

> "bobsis" <bobsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello group,
> > I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2
> > (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office
> > Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this
> > machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this
> > installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd
> > DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office
> > software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I
> > discontinued the setup. Any information/assistance will be greatly
> > appreciated.
> >

> .

I installed XP SP3 again out of desperation even if I know this will create
havoc to my system, i.e." endless rebooting". The install was successfull but
I still cannot install Office Ultimate 2007, still getting the setup error: "
the language of this installation package is not supported by your system".
Plus I get this additional problems of endless rebooting which I found a
temporary solution AND the difficulty of removing SP3 using the add/remove
utility of Windows. I get these messages: 1) the system cannot find the file
specified; 2) the Service Pack 3 was not uninstalled.

bobsis

"bobsis" wrote:

> Actually Peter, I had XP SP3 installed before but it was not very kind to my
> system which is an AMD based machine; I had that endless reboot problem and
> the solution was to plug in a flash drive at all times to rectify the endless
> reboot. I think that is a ridiculous solution but it worked. I decided to do
> a fresh install and do away with the SP3. My Sony Vaio Laptop is only an XP
> Pro SP2 and the Office Ultimate 2007 seems to install without any issue.
>
> Bobsis
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
> > Install XP SP3 and then post back if issue still persists
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "bobsis" <bobsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello group,
> > > I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2
> > > (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office
> > > Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this
> > > machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this
> > > installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd
> > > DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office
> > > software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I
> > > discontinued the setup. Any information/assistance will be greatly
> > > appreciated.
> > >

> > .

I was able to install Office Ultimate 2007 finally by copying the contents of
the disc to my c drive. I opened the folder named OFFICE12 and clicked on
autorun. I was able to eliminate SP3 by restoring to an earlier date but the
endless booting is still happening unless I have a flash drive plugged in one
of my USB port.

"bobsis" wrote:

> I installed XP SP3 again out of desperation even if I know this will create
> havoc to my system, i.e." endless rebooting". The install was successfull but
> I still cannot install Office Ultimate 2007, still getting the setup error: "
> the language of this installation package is not supported by your system".
> Plus I get this additional problems of endless rebooting which I found a
> temporary solution AND the difficulty of removing SP3 using the add/remove
> utility of Windows. I get these messages: 1) the system cannot find the file
> specified; 2) the Service Pack 3 was not uninstalled.
>
> bobsis
>
> "bobsis" wrote:
>
> > Actually Peter, I had XP SP3 installed before but it was not very kind to my
> > system which is an AMD based machine; I had that endless reboot problem and
> > the solution was to plug in a flash drive at all times to rectify the endless
> > reboot. I think that is a ridiculous solution but it worked. I decided to do
> > a fresh install and do away with the SP3. My Sony Vaio Laptop is only an XP
> > Pro SP2 and the Office Ultimate 2007 seems to install without any issue.
> >
> > Bobsis
> >
> > "Peter Foldes" wrote:
> >
> > > Install XP SP3 and then post back if issue still persists
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter
> > >
> > > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> > >
> > > "bobsis" <bobsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > >

> > > .

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Error 550 Relaying denied

OPOS SETUP FOR SYMBOL P370 SCANNER
I am unable to get the Symbol P370 barcode scanner to setup property for RMS. RMS beeps a messages "warning 926 : the scanner driver was not found". I've got the OPOS driver downloaded to the desktop. Searched the help files in RMS which tells me to use the "Configure Microsoft OPOS Service Utiity". Where is that utility????? Need someone to walk me through this! RMS works, scanner works - just not together. What do you mean by "Scanner works"? Can you open notepad and scan a barcode into it? If so, you have a scanner that is emulating keyboard...

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

outlook 2007 e-mail

Error 130