can I put my office 2003 suite onto another computer?

I already have two  legalcopies of Office 2003 and now wish to add the
programme to a new notebook.
As i don't feel inclined to purchase another copy of the programme is there
a cheap licence and if so how do I get one?

"Bemmo" <Bemmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I already have two  legalcopies of Office 2003 and now wish to add the
> programme to a new notebook.
> As i don't feel inclined to purchase another copy of the programme is
> there
> a cheap licence and if so how do I get one?

Unless you have Office 2003 Student and Teacher version you can not put it
on three computers with the current license.  If you desire to put it on
another computer you would be out of luck as Microsoft is not selling
licenses for Office 2003 anymore.  You could try to purchase a copy on a
reputable web site (Amazon still has a few new copies available but
absolutely stay away from eBay and the like) as they may have a few copies
of Office 2003 left.  Price won't be that great however.

If you should buy an upgrade product ensure that you have an upgrade
qualifier program or suite which does NOT include any Office 2003 products
or XP Student and Teacher version.

0
LVTravel
11/15/2009 1:57:08 AM

"LVTravel" <none@nothere.com> wrote in message

> "Bemmo" <Bemmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I already have two  legalcopies of Office 2003 and now wish to add the
>> programme to a new notebook.
>> As i don't feel inclined to purchase another copy of the programme is
>> there
>> a cheap licence and if so how do I get one?
>
> Unless you have Office 2003 Student and Teacher version you can not put it
> on three computers with the current license.  If you desire to put it on
> another computer you would be out of luck as Microsoft is not selling
> licenses for Office 2003 anymore.  You could try to purchase a copy on a
> reputable web site (Amazon still has a few new copies available but
> absolutely stay away from eBay and the like) as they may have a few copies
> of Office 2003 left.  Price won't be that great however.
>
> If you should buy an upgrade product ensure that you have an upgrade
> qualifier program or suite which does NOT include any Office 2003 products
> or XP Student and Teacher version.

As I reread your original post I see that you state that you have "two legal
copies" of Office so I need to add the following to my original post back to
you.

Depending on the EULA on the "legal" copies you have and the intended use of
the notebook you may already have a license to use it.  You can start Word,
Excel or PowerPoint and click Help, About and then look at the license
agreement on one of the installed copies.  The part you need will probably
show up on the initial screen under "Grant of License."  The wording you
want to see is:

1.	GRANT OF LICENSE.  Microsoft grants you the following rights provided
that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
1.1	Installation and use.  You may:
	(a) install and use a copy of the Software on one personal computer or
other device; and
	(b) install an additional copy of the Software on a second, portable device
for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first copy of the Software.

Another way to check is to look at each of the orange license stickers and
if either is for a retail version (FPP will be in the lower right corner of
the orange license sticker) and the notebook will be used "exclusively by
the primary user of the first copy..." (one of the other computers Office is
currently installed onto) then you can install one of the copies onto the
notebook also.

You may have to use telephone activation to get the program to activate but
that is usually a painless procedure.

0
LVTravel

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003

can't customize toolbar

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Can anyone help ?

Can't view messages with Autopreview
My current view is set to preview all items, however, my mail is not displayed in autopreview ...