Bluilding Blocks.dotx not copying to users profile.

I have recently rolled out office 2007 using the cusomization file to 80 XP
users. All has gone well except for one critical problem. I have had reports
that page numbering isn't working and on further inspection i can see that
gallery styles are also not fuctioning.

The building blocks.dotx file is not copying to the users profile
(C:\Documents and Settings\ user_name \Application Data\Microsoft\Document
Building Blocks\1003\)
which it should when a user first uses (or tries to use, as it wont work
unless the building blocks.dotx fle is there) one of the said features of
Word i.e inserting page numbering.

If i copy the file from the programs directory to the relevant place on a
users profile, restart word then all works.

I could do a script that copies the file across on login for each user but
this does not answer the question as to why this is happening. All computers
have domain users in the local admin group, so it's not permissions.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this file is not copying across as it
should. Oddly, i have 2 Vista machines which are working fine!!

--
Connel
IT Technician and Network Analyst

turn OFO off for one user so external users do not get message
Hi all I have a slight problem hope you can help. We use Exchange 2003 and I have a Distribution list which public people (customers outside the network) email to and if one of the people in the distribution list has there out of office turned on the customer get the OFO message. Now I have been doing my research and it seems that you can only turn OFO messages for everyone and not for users or groups. Do you know a way in which I can tell the exchange server not to send out OFO messages for a group. If you need more information then please do ask. Thank you in advance. F Hi, Perha...

simultaneously work in a work book with other users
I am trying to open a workbook or spreadsheet and have multiple users enter it at the same time. Look into 'Protect and Share Workbook' under 'Tools' - 'Protection'. Regards, Paul "Sweets" <Sweets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9397215A-AFBA-4939-AC75-566BA33914A7@microsoft.com... >I am trying to open a workbook or spreadsheet and have multiple users enter > it at the same time. ...

Option to copy user defined fields when copying a Sales Order Doc
When you copy a SOP document then the user defined fields from the source document are not copied with that document. As these fields often define important specific information about a Sales Order document it would be good if there was an option to copy this data s well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and...

how do I download, export, or copy pab file
I want to download, export, or copy my MS Outlook 2003 address book (or pab file), without going thru the Internet, so I can load it on another computer. Where is the pab file? Outlook has not used a PAB file in over a decade. Rephrase you query with that reality in mind. Include the reason you thought you would have to "go through the Internet." You posted no information that would permit anyone to answer your question. -- Russ Valentine "sandrini" <sandrini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98B91EE-6AF6-4B18-91A1-50259D080F41@micros...

Converting contacts to AD users
Hi I want to convert a load of Exchange contacts to full users in Active Directory. Some of these contacts have their msExchADCGlobalNames attributes set, while some don't. We currently use Exchange 2003. I'm assuming the ones that have these attributes are contacts that used to be in Exchange 5.5. Do I need to keep these attributes now that we use Exchange 2003 or can I just forget them? If I do need to keep them, I assume that I only need to keep the "forest" and "NT5" ones, and allow replication between AD and Exchange to handle the rest. Any thoughts? Cheers M...

OWA Access Denied when user's log on to restricted
Environment: Exchange Server 2003, Windows 2003 Server, IE 6 and 7 on Windows XP Pro and Home. Several users are restricted to only log on to their own desktops in their AD Profile. Unless I allow them to logon to all computers, they get an Access Denied error from OWA. I tried adding the Exchange server AND all the domain controllers to their "Log on to" profile, but it still doesn't work unless their "Log on to" is unrestriced. Any ideas? Thanks! Dee Anyone? "Dee" wrote: > Environment: Exchange Server 2003, Windows 2003 Server, IE 6 and 7 on W...

Opening Other User Folder
Hi, We recently had one of our staff leave, and now his supervisor needs access to his email account. I've given him rights to the mailbox, and he can select 'Other user's folder' from the open menu in Outlook, but he only gets the option to open the users 'Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes & Tasks'. But the user had other folders in his mailbox, where he organised emails in to. Is there someway the supervisor can open the users entire mailbox, not just the inbox? We're using Exchange 2003, and Outlook 2003. Cheers Ben In the managers Outlo...

Currently locked record due to too many users (>4) on Access?
We get a Could not update; currently locked message when we try to add a new record, though no users are accessing the record. Seems to add OK to our main table - problem seems to be adding records to a linked table. Only difference I can tell from previous use is that there are 5 users on the database and I wonder if that has an effect on locking...using Access 2003 on XP SP2 on a Win Server 2003 server network "MnTAPBob" You said all tables are in one database file, so there is only one database. The tables then are not linked, but have relationships between each othe...

User Profiles exe?
Does anyone know the exe for User Profiles. It is located in My Computer/Advanced/User Profiles/Settings? Thanks in advance. The exe for User Profiles? What exactly are you trying to do? John falcios wrote: > Does anyone know the exe for User Profiles. It is located in My > Computer/Advanced/User Profiles/Settings? > > Thanks in advance. On Feb 16, 4:34=A0am, falcios <falc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know the exe for User Profiles. It is located in My > Computer/Advanced/User Profiles/Settings? > > Thanks in advance...

1099 block
There is no place in the vendor set up screen to put what 1099 block a vendor's income belongs to. We have made an adjustment but I need to know if there is anything that I can do so that a vendor can have multiple blocks. Jill, This is not supported in GP. However, I believe there are a few customizations that do just that. HS "Jill" <Jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:809F8D98-989B-46E3-9F0F-C75264119547@microsoft.com... > There is no place in the vendor set up screen to put what 1099 block a > vendor's income belongs to. We have made an...

Creating a process as the local user from a program in the system account?
Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about starting a program for the current, logged in user? - Anders G Have you looked at CreateProcessAsUser, maybe that one can help. /Niklas "Anders Gustafsson" <dalNOton@peSPAMdago.fi> wrote in message news:VA.00000066.00b3d048@pespamdago.fi... > Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for > example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about > starting a program for the current, logg...

outlook 2000 can't create new profiles
just migrated 75 users fine from exchage 5.5 to 2003, and all users can access their mailboxes, but new users can not resolve their names to the new mailboxes. Anyone seen this before? Thnx -- Ian Davidson President Equinox Technology Services, Inc. 212-677-8325 fax: 212-677-8231 www.etsconsulting.com Certified Virus-Free Email by Norton Antivirus Not sure on one issue. Your header says Outlook 2000 and the text says "2003", is that Windows Server 2003 or Outlook 2003 ? I am assuming Outlook 2003 as your headers do not look like Server 2003 from your versions of OE and...

CRM v3
I trying to reassigning users to a different Business Unit and I get an error message. What is happening and how can a fix/repair/get around this? I'm logged in as THE crm administrator (who also installed the application and created other users). Here's my process: 1. Open a user record of a valid CRM user 2. Select Actions --> Change business Unit 3. Use lookup window to select a child business unit 4. Select the business unit. Click OK. 5. Click Ok. 6. Error appears: "The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permission to view these records or perfor...

how do i copy only a portion of a spreadsheet
I'm having trouble copying only a portion of my spreadsheets to another folder. Highlighting the cells and copying and pasting, copies the entire spreadsheet. I only want to copy what i have highlited while maintaing the values. Are you trying to avoid copy|pasting hidden rows/columns? If yes, then select your range to copy edit|goto|special|visible cells only then edit|copy followed by edit|paste tazsdad wrote: > > I'm having trouble copying only a portion of my spreadsheets to another > folder. Highlighting the cells and copying and pasting, copies the entire > ...

Outlook settings roaming profile
Hello, We use both outlook 2000 and 2003, with exchange 2003. I want to setup a romaing profile for outlook settings for my users, so that whicever PC they log in to will have same setting, and I don't have to manage PC by PC. Never created a romaing profile, and new to this. Can anyone help me with this with an example? Thanks for the help MC http://www.slipstick.com/exs/olroam.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scrat...

User is not in system
Hi, I´ve the following symptom: I´ve created some user an send external emails to them. One user has the mail at his homepage the other one not. I sent an CC mail and got the error: User is not in system! I have to assign it manually but afterwards the entry is not in his inbox!? There is no difference between this users but one is domain admin the one with the error not! Thanks for help! Bernd Michitsch ...

Mobile User Issue and Questions
We've been using Exchange 2k3 and Windows Mobile 5 devices provided by Verizon to connect our mobile users. We found that the Treo seems to be the most reliable devices but some users complain about the small keyboard. More importantly we have users who travel out side the country and want to be able to retrieve their email and stay in contact with the main office. Q1) What is the best solution for these users when they travel out of the country. I'm not apposed to changing provides if that is necessary. Q2) We've also considered blackberry but want to make sure we can sti...

Can outside users use distribution list?
Hi folks, I recently switched from a webmail client that had distribution lists to Exchange and Outlook 2003. I would like to offer people on the distribtion list (located in the Public folder) the option to email to the distribtion list so that it goes to everyone. The distribution list would therefore be like a user on our Exchange server. When I tried to email the distribution list from a yahoo account, it didn't work. The yahoo account was included in the distribution list. Has anyone encountered this or does anyone have a solution. I know there are no listserves in Ex...

Contents Copying
I have a speadsheet with a Two lists of figures, One for debits and another for credits. I have several columns to the right of these figures that represent departments. I have formulai in the department columns that add the Two figures mentioned together. The formula is only entered for some of the cells in eack department depending on a code in column A. When I enter a figure in my credits column and I have a few entries already for that department, and want to go on to the next department, the figure is being calculated into both the next department column and also the next row in...

Does Inactivating an Account keep a user from posting to the accou
Does inactiviating an account in mass modify chart of accounts keep a user from posting to the account? I need to mass modify the chart of accounts to inactivate a large number of accounts and want to know if inactivating an account also keeps a user from posting to the account. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer Yes. "Dave Christman" wrote: > Does inactiviating an account in mass modify chart of accounts keep a user > from posting to the account? I need to mass modify the chart of accounts to > inactivate a large number of accounts and want to know if inac...

Exchange 5.5 resending mail without user input
I have a situation where a company using Exchange 5.5 allowed the server to be used as a relay for spammers. When the internet service was stopped, relay restrictions imposed and the service restarted, som eusers experienced receiving several days worth of duplicate emails i their Outlook inboxes, generating concern that the fix applied to stop the spammers had somehow broken another complnent ofthe server. Does anyone know why this would occur and is there cause for concern if the duplicate emails are no longer being generated? Hello Elliott, Are the duplicate e-mails large in size...

Copy/Pasting Gif Images
When I copy a table from a website and paste special into Excel, I lose some of the formatting, as the table includes gif images. Is there another way of importing the images, so that I can convert them as something else using Find/Replace? Pasting the table as html pastes everything onto one line. Here is an example of the table I want to import. http://tinyurl.com/77ce6 I have come across the same problem. I tend to copy from a web page to microsoft Frontpage and then from Frontpage into Word or Excel. Give it a try it worked for me. "Saxman" wrote: > When I copy a t...

Getting application copy of printer DEVMODE
The input parameter pDevMode is always NULL in DrvDeviceCapibilities() for wCapability values DC_BINS and DC_BINNAMES. I need an application copy of printer devmode in this case. I tried using GetPrinter(), but it gave me the default devmode(the one set from Printer & Faxes). Does anyone know how do to that? (Application copy of devmode will have the devmode values set in application.) Here, I am using Word 2003 & Word 2002. These two always gives pDevmode=NULL for wCapability values DC_BINS and DC_BINNAMES. However, Word 2007 gives the correct DEVMODE values...

Move or copy pictures between worksheets
How do I or can I insert a picture into one worksheet and then have another worksheet copy over that picture. I tried just using = "the cell with the picture" but that does not work. Thanks for the help! -- Tom Hi Select the cells around your picture Edit >Copy Go to the other Sheet Shift>Edit..Past picture Link If yo change the picture in the first sheet the others will also change Maybe you like this Sub test() On Error Resume Next Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("C:\range.gif") On Error GoTo 0 If Not pic Is Nothing Then 'The pi...

How do I copy formula into cells of a very big worksheet
Hello all, I would like to be able to copy a formaula into cells, or better say, a column of a worksheet which has over 50,000 rows. I can do it by dragging the cell over the others, but is there a way to do this without having to go through this dragging thing? Your input is greatly appreciated. "Henry88th" wrote: > I would like to be able to copy a formaula into cells, or better say, a > column of a worksheet which has over 50,000 rows. I can do it by > dragging the cell over the others, but is there a way to do this without > having to go through this dragging t...