Blank page prints in between mail merged document

I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass
mailings.  When completing the mail merge, I  edit the mail merge recipients
and merge to new document.  The first page has my letter with a Section Break
out between my letters.

In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page.

How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters?

Also, is it possible to then use the same edited recipients to create
mailing labels - or do I have to start all over again?

Thanks

Hi Shari,

Your description suggests you may not have allowed enough space on the page for the additional length required to accommodate the
merged data.

For the labels, you need to perform a label merge, which means a re-editing of your recipients list. In theory, you could use vba to
copy the list edits from one mailmerge to the other.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Shari" <Shari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EAB7669-DCA9-44F0-B5FB-408567307F81@microsoft.com...
>I have a word template and an access database file used to create mass
> mailings.  When completing the mail merge, I  edit the mail merge recipients
> and merge to new document.  The first page has my letter with a Section Break
> out between my letters.
>
> In the template there is not a section break at the end of the page.
>
> How can I stop the blank pages in between each of my letters?
>
> Also, is it possible to then use the same edited recipients to create
> mailing labels - or do I have to start all over again?
>
> Thanks

0
macropod

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

I cant view my publisher page choice fromt and back
I am using Publisher 2000. I have used it for four years, quite successfully. I opened one of my two page (front & back) reports to reprint it, and i cant find the page choice blocks (not in my view) that are normally down on the lower left part of the main page. I am unable to edit the second page, but when I print, it prints both front and back. I checked my other reports, and the page choice is not visable in any of the reports. Help view...toolbars...status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

when selecting contacts from drop down the list is blank
When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" field, all my contacts come up. What needs to be done so all my contacts are visible when I select contacts from the drop down ? Thank you mikebach <it_mikeb@hotmail.com> wrote: > When selecting contacts from the drop down (ie if I am composing and > click on the "To:" field) my contact list is blank. If I type a > letter in the "Type Name or slect from list" f...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

Public Folders are blank in Global Address List...
I have a rights problem on publc folders. Domain Admins are able to see public folders in Global Address List but when a Domain user look in the Global Address List all the public folders are blank. I don't know where to look... The OS is Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks! Morten ...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

junk mail #6
I'd like to copy the "junk mail folder" e-mail addresses to another folder outside of outlook. Is there a way to export all the e-mail addresses in the "junk mail folder", or Are these addresses kept in a folder in some Microsoft Office directory that can be accessed. ...

Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into OL2007. Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. I spent 4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are messages that aren't coming to OL2007. The send/receive is just hanging up. Any help is appreciated. You should not change any windows files on the advice of att. Startup files have nothing to do with Outlook. You must have an error in your account or c...

How can comments be inserted into a document ?
Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? No..not automatically. You should be using Word. There is always the callouts in Autoshapes. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9195C75-EB38-45A2-ABA4-879C86988A9C@microsoft.com... > Can comments be inserted into a documents done in Publisher? If so, how? ...

OL03 and Exch 03 with Mail Marshal
Does anyone know if Mail Marshal (or other filtering s/ware) can add the SCL Rating or another marker to emails so that Outlook 03 can automatically put them into the junk mail folder? If so, can the Junk mail settings in Outlook be set by Group Policy or do they need to be pre-done when we upgrade the PC's? cheers Martin ...

PO notes to POP PO Blank Form
There is a TK, 858264, that tells how to add notes to the POP Blank form. Is there a limit to how many notes you can add this way? I have added 14, but when I add the 15th I get an illegal syntax error. Is there a limit to the number of notes I can add? thanks -- Doug Doug, I believe this is a limitation of the PO report itself. We had trouble in the past when trying to link to many tables, or place to much data in the PO report. We would get the same error you are receiving. "Doug" wrote: > There is a TK, 858264, that tells how to add notes to the POP Blank form....

Incoming mails from another external domain are lost
Hi, I have a Exchange Front-End & Back-End combination. Front-End Server also has SMTP Relay server and Intelligent Message Filtering. Front-end server is in a DMZ Zone. I have a pix firewall. I got a peculiar problem. One user has complained me saying he has not received a email sent from another company (external domain say xyz.com). I have checked the server logs and the filtered spam emails. I could not see any email from xyz.com in the server logs. Also the sender from xyz.com did not receive any NDR for this mail also. Can anybody help me on this? Regards Ganapathy Is the...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

Back ground Page numbers
In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the back ground page numbers? Thank you Gary Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:100601c4994b$8c99e7b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the > back ground page numbers? Thank you Gary Gary, Not sure what you mean by "background page numbers." Do you mean a page number in either the header or footer? If so, go to File | Page Setup. Click on Header/Footer tab. Remo...

shared calendar/printing issues
Hi, I'm new on this forum, but seems to be a very nice folks aroun here! here's the situation I have. there's this manager who shared her calendar with her admin, her admi is able to access the calendar (the manager gave her owner' permissions), so, she's able to access it, to accept, decline, etc etc, the funny thing is that when the admin tries to print he manager's calendar, it works fine on a month view, and on a week view but when she tries to print on a day view, Outlook returns an erro message "the program interface returned an unknown error, close th app...

Incorrect printing of Visio 2003 drawings in Word 2003
I got the error described in KB 827865 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827865&Product=visio2003 with Visio 2003 and Word 2003, in Embedded Visio Objects as well as in placed .emf files or copy/pasted images using Enhanced Metafile format and all this while using just normal latin characters. I do already use current drivers and the problem appears when creating PDFs as well as when printing to a PostScript printer. Any help would be very much appreciated! Matthias Have you tried inserting them as Word Drawing objects? That works best for me. Randall Arnold ...

how do I set up publisher 2000 to print business cards 10 per pag.
I can only get 4 on a page. When you are ready to print, in the print dialog, you will be able to change the page properties. Click page options, custom options, change the side margin to .75, change the top margin to .5, change the gaps to zero. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "yvette" <yvette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D4E614E-3F33-456D-B7D9-E1A8CD452C13@microsoft.com... >I can only get 4 on a page. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Si...

Documentation about CRM 1.2 db structure
Does exist any documentation about CRM 1.2 modules and related underlying SQL tables? Does exist any documentation about mapping between CRM 1.2 SQL tables and CRM 3.0 SQL tables? Many thanks If you install data migration tool, there are some excel spreadsheet contains the fields for the given entity. I don't know if that's what you are looking for. In terms of the SQL table, CRM 1.2 and CRM 3.0 is similar. All the custom attribute will be in the extension table. E.g. AccountBase, AccountExtension. Hope this helps. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On ...

Page numbering #5
I have a report I have written in Excel using multiple sheets. some sheets have a single page, some have multiple pages. I want to put page numbers in the footer as I also have to put time date, filename in the footer due to company layout rules. All the page numbers are referred to in the index in a 1.1, 1.2, 1. type format and have to be done that way, again for company layout rul (Boy am I glad this is a contract!!) I can't work out how to have the page numbers working in consecutiv order where I have the multiple pages on a single sheet. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Simo -- k...

RMS should show what bar code it is going to print
Okk when a item is made in RMS and the customer makes his own barcode and selects a barcode format to print it should show at the bottom of the screen what barcode is being created(as in the case of UPC, EAN it has a check Digit) That way the customer can put in the check digit in the number so it will scann after printing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

mail merger in excel
Hi everyone, Can anyone help me in creating mail merger type of application in Excel... its important. I want to select one record (may be by drop down form) and values associated with that record should automatically be transferred to the fields. Example. if i have engine then i will select the engine name and all parameters will get enter in the forms. Prompt reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance gautam duplicate post ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "gautam" <gautam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3887B867-A614-478F-BA...

Mail Merge in browser
Hi, In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts, but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email. Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put both features in the browser as in the SFO-client? Greetz, MattijsW Hi! There is no possibility to directly make a MailMerge out of the browse. The...

Mail merge problem #3
Running Publisher 2003, Word 2003 I have a Word document -- with an Avery label format -- containing my mailing list. When trying to mail merge with the wizard, it errors out saying; "Some of the field names in this data source are blank or contain invalid characters, such as periods, brackets, or exclamation points. Change these field names before you import data from this data source." I've cleared out all the punctuation, etc. marks that are there and cleared out any blank "Labels". I'm still getting this error. What's up? Will I be able to make...

Web Links in HTHL Mails
Hi all, Trying to sort a problem on one of our users PCs. Outlook 2000 running on XP. I can send him web links and they open fine. But when the link is contained in an HTML type mail it just ignores the click. Web browsing otherwise works fine and I can manually open the page that the link is pointing to on his machine. I'm sure it must be a security setting somewhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Many thanks Graeme ...