another OGA question

I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as
a genuine, new copy.  It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and
installed with no problems using the product key in the box.  After
downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after
reboots.  The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which
was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and
that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation,
not with the authenticity of the software.

I can force him to refund my money by having my credit card company or
paypal stop the payment, but I've seen some posts in various places
describing cases where genuine software got this OGA fake warning.  I want to
give him the benefit of the doubt.  How do I determine what the truth is?

might be your antivirus
blocking the required
scan of the program.

have you tried this?

http://tinyurl.com/y9gx8f4

incidentally, temporarily
disable your anti virus
before doing the above.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"saypoint" <saypoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484E45E1-B367-4C4B-8A58-62597ABBB2EE@microsoft.com...
> I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as
> a genuine, new copy.  It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and
> installed with no problems using the product key in the box.  After
> downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after
> reboots.  The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which
> was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and
> that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation,
> not with the authenticity of the software.
>
> I can force him to refund my money by having my credit card company or
> paypal stop the payment, but I've seen some posts in various places
> describing cases where genuine software got this OGA fake warning.  I want to
> give him the benefit of the doubt.  How do I determine what the truth is?

0
db
2/23/2010 6:14:49 PM
http://tinyurl.com/oga123

I think the above is more
appropriate for validating
office.

--

"db" <databaseben at hotmail dot com> wrote in message news:F661C237-5524-4B7F-B30E-04E848A83B5A@microsoft.com...
> might be your antivirus
> blocking the required
> scan of the program.
>
> have you tried this?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/y9gx8f4
>
> incidentally, temporarily
> disable your anti virus
> before doing the above.
>
> --
>
> db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
> - Systems Analyst
> - Database Developer
> - Accountancy
> - Veteran of the Armed Forces
> - Microsoft Partner
> -  @hotmail.com
> ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen
>

> "saypoint" <saypoint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484E45E1-B367-4C4B-8A58-62597ABBB2EE@microsoft.com...
>> I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as
>> a genuine, new copy.  It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and
>> installed with no problems using the product key in the box.  After
>> downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after
>> reboots.  The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which
>> was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and
>> that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation,
>> not with the authenticity of the software.
>>
>> I can force him to refund my money by having my credit card company or
>> paypal stop the payment, but I've seen some posts in various places
>> describing cases where genuine software got this OGA fake warning.  I want to
>> give him the benefit of the doubt.  How do I determine what the truth is?

0
db

Question about menu's.
Hi, I am currently subclassing the main window of the MSN messenger (7 beta). I have added a menuitem to the contextmenu, however I do not get a WM_COMMAND for my added menu item. There are several menuitems that do generate a WM_COMMAND message but some of them don't. For instance: 'Send an instant message' generates a WM_COMMAND message and 'Block' does not. Can anybody tell me what the difference is between these two menuitems that reside in the samen popupmenu, it's a complete mistery to me. I can also Create a complete new menu, but it would be best to ext...

Simple Powerpoint questions
1. How do I apply animation to specific words in a sentence? For example, suppose I want the final word in a sentence to not show up at first, not until I click the mouse. Here's my dumb attempt: I highlight the final word, go to Custom Animation, and click 'Add Effect' > 'Entrance' > 'Appear'. But this ends up selecting the entire sentence, despite the fact that I highlighted only the final word in the sentence. 2. I like to do everything by keyboard. But how do I get to 'Add Effect' by keyboard? I know I can get to Custom Animation wit...

Outlook not receiving emails until another is sent or opened?
I have users on Microsoft Outlook XP and 2003 (with Exchange 5.5) who do not receive emails when they are sent. They will receive them only when they either send an email or open another previously received email. We have had this issue a few times and are unable to come up with a solution. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:07:04 -0800, Ed Panzeter wrote: > I have users on Microsoft Outlook XP and 2003 (with Exchange 5.5) who do not > receive emails when they are sent. They will receive them only when they > either send an email or open another previously received email. We have had ...

Outlook 2000 Question #3
Hi, I've got a simple question that there might be a simple answer to that I just can't quite see right in front of me. I have a client that's running Outlook 2000 (with service release 3 installed...all updates done to MS Office) and it can't seem to Accept/Decline/Cancel meeting requests. The emails show up indicating time and date but the buttons do not appear to Accept or Decline the meeting. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance, Bobby Are they using Corp or Internet mode? Do they receive the meeting request form or a plain text message wi...

Question about some addons
Has anyone had any experience with Catalog View and PIC-ME 2.0 from Retail Hero? We've used some of their other addons and love them, but I just want to make sure they're what the store needs before we purchase them. I'm the IT manager for a store that is interesting in these addons and wondering if anyone has used them and has any feedback on them that I can bring back to the store manager. Thanks in advance, David ...

Visual C++ question (I think)
can you have a 2-d array that is size of say: char A[50000][200]; -- ______________________ ~Beau AIM: MasterCephus beau DOT elliott AT gmail DOT com God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. "Cephus´┐Ż" <beau@highway.net> wrote in message news:2ub4f1F27v3s3U1@uni-berlin.de... > can you have a 2-d array that is size of say: > > char A[50000][200]; > That's only 10 megabytes (well, not quite, it's 10 million bytes). Assuming that you're runnin...

Question for the real experts!
What does Excel do AFTER i calculated the sheet with (f9). (calculation is set to manual) I have the following problem: In cells F2-I5000 (and R2-U5000 AC2-AF5000 AO2-AR5000) are formulas reffering to cells in A2-E5000.(and m1-q5000 x1-ab5000 aj1-an5000) In if I clear cells A2-E5000 (and the other ranges) with a macro then before F9 it is really fast.(1 second) After F9 it's really slow(12 seconds) The marco is this: Cells(1, 1) = Now() Range("A2:e5000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("m1:q5000").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("x1:ab5000").Se...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

A question for Gord Dibben
Gord, how did you become an MVP in Excel? Thanks, O -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Oliver If you mean me personally, there are probably others with the same question. If you mean "how does a person become an MVP", read the information at this site. http://www.mvps.org/about/ Gord On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 05:53:00 GMT, "Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote: >Gord, >how did you become an MVP in Excel? > >Thanks, >O ...

Excel 2002 copy multiple rows to another worksheet
I have a database with 2000 rows of data, I want to copy and paste 25 non contiguous rows to another worksheet. I select the rows I want and when I press copy I get an error message that you connot copy multiple rows. Is there a work around method I can use so I do not have to copy each row separately. Harvey If you have a common criteria in your selection, there's probably a way to extract these lines dynamically in that other sheet. If so, you could try describing your db sheet set-up (the sheetname, what's the key col(s), in which row does data start, the expected extent...

simple question
How can i delete a user from Microsoft CRM, we have de Demo License, now the 6 licenses are used, 2 user i dont need anymore, so i want to delete the from crm! I don't find anything! so please help! Hi Michael, deletion of users is not possible, the only thing you can do is deactivate the unneeded users. Nevertheless, if you don't assign a license and role to a user, this user is not able to do or view anything. I haven't tried anything unsupported like deletion of the user is the SystemUser table, but this may work if you make sure there is no reference to this user i...

update yes / no field in table based on another table
I am wanting to update a yes/no field in one table based on another table. If the name is in both tables to put a "yes" value in the field If the name is in one table but not the other to put a "no" value in the field For example: Table 1: Name Table 2: Name Check box = yes Table 1: Null (Name not in table) Table 2: Name check box = no On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:55:01 -0800, Bryan <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am wanting to update a yes/no field in one table based on another table. > >If the name is in both tables to put a "yes" va...

moving the Exchange 2003 data to another server
I need to move the Exchange 2003 database off of our SAN temporarily (the mailbox stores). I know connecting the Exchange 2003 to a NAS would be hassle so I like to do it as simple as possible. Can I set up another server with a different name and restore the backup to that server? Thanks. Sure, here's a good link below. There are three methods for moving Exchange databases to different storage groups or servers: =B7 Restore an Exchange-aware online streaming backup of the database, redirecting the restore location to a different server For this method to work, the new server ...

Problem with data sheet and linking it to another sheet to make a report
This is kind of hard to explain, but I will try. I'm making a report in excel by linking the report sheet to another sheet that has the data. What I am doing is entering the equal sign, and then clicking on the data in sheet 2 and put them under the labels I have on sheet 1 (the report). So here are the steps so far: 1. I open excel and design a report with lables and field names, now i just need the data for the report 2. I insert a new sheet that has the data. 3. I go back to the first sheet (report) and put an equal sign into one of the fields where I want the data to appear in my r...

ComboBox/Page Down Question
Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the second time, I also have a control to open my cmbCharge1Y and that does the same...........Any Help Please........Bob Private Sub cmdCharge1Y_Click() Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown End Sub On Aug 12, 7:22 pm, "Bob V" <rjva...@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > Why is it when you open your combobox drop down list and click pagedown it > nevers works unless you select the combox box drop down list the ...

Conditional Formatting Question
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that shows the top ten cell phone users for eac month, and I would like to apply some type of conditional formatting s it highlights all the duplicate names each with its own color. For example: John Smith = Fill Yellow Jack Johnson = Fill Green Does someone know a way I could do this? Thanks, Olimits -- olimits ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olimits7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39458 Do ...

copy and paste running total to another sheet
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA4C0D.576CE2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there,=20 I did this once before, but forgot: I could drag and drop a column total = from one sheet to another sheet so that if the column total changed in = sheet A, for example, the corresponding number in sheet B would change = automatically... How to drag and drop this column total? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CA4C0D.576CE2C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&qu...

Question about index usage in a query
Hi there Can someone help me with an understanding with respect to how a clustered index is being used in a query I have? I have a table with 3 columns, COL1,COL2,COl3. There is a clustered index IX_FRED on COL1 ASC, COL2 ASC I then run a query, displaying execution plan... SELECT TOP 5000 [COL1], [COL2] FROM MyTable AS D WITH WHERE D.COL3 LIKE '%X%' What I cant understand is that the execution plan shows a 'Clustered Index Seek' using IX_FRED. I can't understand why this is the case. As COL3 is not in the index, surely it would have to scan all ...

Help-newbie question
Im taking over my husband's work w/ billing, he has been using microsoft money (I don't know which one) What I am trying to do is to connect microsoft money with our banks for updates. I understand that this should be automatically consolidate itself. When I try to "update" it says that update not complete, and another screen popped out saying about upgrading bcs the program expired last year. Thank you What was your question? "Theconfusedone" <Theconfusedone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1541073B-043C-4535-B03C-B02FF62FB46A@micro...

Using a button to copy contents of one file into another.
I have a form with 2 address physical address and Mailing address. Frequently the two are the same thing. So I want to have a button that copies the data across. Private Sub cmdCopy_Click() Me.Address2.Text = Me.Address1 Me.cboSuburb2.Text = Me.cboSuburb1.Text Me.State2.Text = Me.State1.Text End Sub Does not work I get an error 2185 that says "You can't reference a property or method of a control if the control does not have focus" Any ideas? On 20/03/2010 11:42 PM, Avid Fan wrote: > I have a form with 2 address physical address...

net display screen question
Does anyone knw how to make the net disply screen remeber the sreen settings, everytme we log off and back on I have to keep seeting my screen settings. My tipical setting is 40% net display 60% receipt. Thanks Victor Are you running 2000/XP with a regular user account? If so, it's because regular users can't modify the HKEY_LOCAL_SYSTEM part of the registry, so RMS cannot save the changes. Log in as an Administrator, make the changes to the display settings in RMS, then log back in as a the Regular user. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems xp pro yes wih regular use...

Lookup function Question HELP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0032_01C4B158.8F36ACE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to perform a lookup function =3DLOOKUP(H8,sheet2!A:A,sheet2!C:C) This formula only returns the first item of a list of items matching the number in A:A (there could be more than 10 under the catalogue number = in A:A. I've made a list in B:B (1,2,3 etc.) for each of the catalogue = numbers in A:A How would I augment B:B into the formula to coincide with the number in = the "B...

Beginner question for months and subtotals
I am new to Excel (have limited exp with Word vba). I would like t enter a list of data where column 1 shows a cost item on the lef followed by the 12 months of the year. Row 1 will be for net, gross tax, date inputs. Every month should have a subtotal. The plan is t make a master sheet which I can use again for the next year. I'm able to do this manually by creating an extra row in th appropriate month and then at the end of the month make my subtotal using the autosum icon, etc. The problem is that I never know how many costs are coming for th month and so for the master sheet I don...

Automatically copy cells to another worksheet
Hi :D Please help! This is what I have got... I do 'For sale' ads. On each sheet is a different listing, for example, cars is on one, then the next is bikes, then the next is gneral and so on. Some sheets have more than one listing group, like white goods and electrical on the same sheet. When I am finished putting all the ads in, I use the sort tool to sort them alphabetically. What I want to do on the first sheet, is have them all merged into one long list, preferably with no blank lines. How can I do this? Thx in advance. Tricia, Select all the filled cells on each sheet, ...

charting
Hi, I have a secondary axis that I previously hid the tick marks away. I would like to have the axis show again but can not seem find the command to do so. Thanks -- inoexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ inoexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33055 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=569714 How about right-clicking on the secondary axis, choosing Format Axis, then select an option from the 'Minor tick mark type. -- Hope this helps, MarkN "inoexcel&quo...