Add-in Sign-in has stop working

Recently I purchased a new laptop w/ Windows 7. And needed to switch to using
Windows live.  In using Windows Live, which is a great program. However, I've
noticed that every time I open a Miscrosoft Office Program and the close out
of it, I get a message box:

Microsoft Office Add-in Sign-in has stopped working

I just click close program and everything is OK.

How do I fix things so that message does not pop up after using an Office
program and closing it?

Bill

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100341271033.aspx

"wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently I purchased a new laptop w/ Windows 7. And needed to switch to
> using
> Windows live.  In using Windows Live, which is a great program. However,
> I've
> noticed that every time I open a Miscrosoft Office Program and the close
> out
> of it, I get a message box:
>
> Microsoft Office Add-in Sign-in has stopped working
>
> I just click close program and everything is OK.
>
> How do I fix things so that message does not pop up after using an Office
> program and closing it?
>
> Bill

0
DL
1/25/2010 6:44:35 PM
I checked out the link that you provided.  However, it relates to Microsoft
Office 2007.  I'm still using Microsoft Office 2000 XP.  Do you have any
other sugesstions?

"DL" wrote:

> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100341271033.aspx
>
> "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recently I purchased a new laptop w/ Windows 7. And needed to switch to
> > using
> > Windows live.  In using Windows Live, which is a great program. However,
> > I've
> > noticed that every time I open a Miscrosoft Office Program and the close
> > out
> > of it, I get a message box:
> >
> > Microsoft Office Add-in Sign-in has stopped working
> >
> > I just click close program and everything is OK.
> >
> > How do I fix things so that message does not pop up after using an Office
> > program and closing it?
> >
> > Bill
>

> .

There is no such beast as Office 2000 XP, there is Office 2000 and Office
2002 aka XP, niether of which are fully compatible with Vista, let alone
Win7

> I checked out the link that you provided.  However, it relates to
> Microsoft
> Office 2007.  I'm still using Microsoft Office 2000 XP.  Do you have any
> other sugesstions?
>

> "DL" wrote:
>
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100341271033.aspx
>>
>> "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Recently I purchased a new laptop w/ Windows 7. And needed to switch to
>> > using
>> > Windows live.  In using Windows Live, which is a great program.
>> > However,
>> > I've
>> > noticed that every time I open a Miscrosoft Office Program and the
>> > close
>> > out
>> > of it, I get a message box:
>> >
>> > Microsoft Office Add-in Sign-in has stopped working
>> >
>> > I just click close program and everything is OK.
>> >
>> > How do I fix things so that message does not pop up after using an
>> > Office
>> > program and closing it?
>> >
>> > Bill
>>

>> .

0
DL

SmartListBuilder: Linking not working properly. Bug?
We have a third-party customization added to GP. The table is in our company database and is accessible to add to GP. We can successfuly create a SmartList that queries only this table. However, when we link this table to another GP table, it doesn't work properly. I think I have isolated the problem. I found the SQL in the DEXSQL logs and the link, while seemingly correct in the SLB UI, is not generating the correct SQL code. See below for the actual SQLthat SLB generated. The last line is " T2. = T1.SOPTYPE and T2. = T1.SOPNUMBE" Note that the field name for T2. is m...

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Stop mail from changing postition once replied to
How can I stop Outlook 2003 e-mail message from changing location in my in box once I have addressed them or replied to them? It scoots them to the bottom of my e-mail list and just rotates them as I work them... sounds like you are sorting by the modified date or icon - click on the received field to sort by it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange So...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

AutoFormat not working in Word 2007 in Windows 7
I have just installed the Office 2007 suite on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit edition. Almost everything works well, but I noticed that when I type quotes, Word 2007 is not automatically converting them from straight quotes to curly quotes. I have went into the Word Options and tried the setting both ways, but it makes no difference. I have made absolutely no changes to this installation, and this problem does not occur on my Windows Vista and Windows XP machines. The computer is virus-free (I have an antivirus solution running, I don't go to shady sites to begin with...

how do I add in a dinamic graph the total as a new series?
I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new series: the mean. Is it possible? I need it to compare each series with the mean. Thanks in advance. Regards, Guillermo Fuenzalida The graph won't calculate the mean for you, so you'll need to calculate the mean as a new series in your data sheet, and then include that series as a new series in your graph. -- David Biddulph "Guillermo Fuenzalida" <Guillermo Fuenzalida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117FBACB-4DD2-41CC-864B-632666BE5CD5@microsoft.com... >I want to add, in a dinamic graphic, a new ser...

Solver Add-in #2
I have an Excel File (around 4.5 megs) with 28 sheets. using the Solver add-in on the NPV function subject to a few restricting criteria. Max iterations 100 Max Change 0.01 under the Tools --> Calculation menu. Now when I launch Excel for the first time, I can click Tools --> Solver and see the conditions et al. but exiting from the Solver once and then later on trying to reaccess it through the same Tools --> Solver the Solver dialog does not come up. I have to quit excel and restart it again to view the Solver dialog. What could be going wrong here? Any ideas/suggestions? No ...

Add value when recording a macro
Hello, I recorded a macro to create a bar chart - I checked the checkbox to add the values. Stopped recording and showed me the chart with the values. If I run the macro again, it does not display the value. What is the code I need to always display the value? -- LizW After you create the chart, turn on the macro recorder again Select the chart, and choose Chart>Chart Options On the Data Labels tab, check Values Click OK Turn off the macro recorder In the recorded code, you'll see a line similar to this: ActiveChart.ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True, LegendKey:=False, _ Ha...

stop mail from automatically downloading
Please help! How do i stop e-mail from automatically downloading when I start Outlook? I don't always want my mail downloaded and can't find any help on this subject anywhere! I was also advised to try this: When you close Outlook while working in Off-line mode File-> Work Off Line. Outlook will also start in Off-line mode. I'm going to try them both Thank you >-----Original Message----- >Referring to Outlook 2000 (assume other versions not too different): > >Tools>Options>Mail Delivery. Uncheck "Check for messages ...." Messages will not be down...

Windows Mail won't allow me to sign in with correct Usr/pass
I'm having a problem connecting to my windows mail. I have it set up throught my wow account but today i had to reset my password so that i could check my email. now it will now allow me to log in i keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please c...

VS2003
Hello, I have a dialog resource and have created CDialog and a CFormView classes for this dialog. If I right-click a control in my dialog I can create a variable for the control, but how do I specify which class the variable belongs to, ie. my CDialog or CFormView class? I don't see how I can tell the add variable class wizard to which class the variable should be added. I'm converting a Dialog based app to a doc-view type app and am experimenting with CFormView, which is why I have CFormView and CDialog classes referencing the same dialog resource. Thanks for any help. -R...

Code working but not straight away!
This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and opening the formThanks for any help...........BobPrivate Sub Command19_Click()Dim strsql As Stringstrsql = "UPDATE tblHorseInfo SET tblHorseInfo.Worksheet = True"DoCmd.RunSQL strsqlEnd Sub NEVER MIND fixed already...Thanks Bob"Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:et7d5o$gmt$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...>> This code is selecting all my check boxes after I have to close the form > and re-open, can it be altered to work without closing and...

Remote Desktop not working.
I cannot connect to remote desktop on a Windows 2003 Server with SP1. It is enabled but when I try i get the error: "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remoote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to acccept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try connecting again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator." I have checked and there are not users connected. I have disabled remote desktop and enabled it again with no luck. The last cha...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...

UDF Not working
This function should return the new string, but it returns Blank can anyone explain why, and also tell me how to fix it and avoid similar issues in the future. I tried using Select Case statement in my first attempt and it did not work, so I figure I switch to If statements, but the result is the same a blank. Thanks in advance Global strField As String Sub Raul() strField = "AP_Parts" strField = Test(strField) MsgBox (strField) End Sub Function Test(strField As String) As String Dim FndException strmval = UCase(strField) If strmval = &quo...

How do I make the toolbar in my 'trial' of Publisher 2007 work?
nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create anything. not making me want to buy the full version. thanks to anyone who has any ideas. j jives wrote: > nothing is active except the select all button. i can't edit or create > anything. not making me want to buy the full version. > thanks to anyone who has any ideas. > > j ======================= Maybe the tutorials at the following site will get you started: Publisher 2007 Creating a publication http://tinyurl.com/32ew4l -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP D...

Outlook connector doesn't work
vWin7 starter, Outlook 2003, Outlook connector v 14 installed. When klicking "Outlook connector" and "Add a new account" in Outlook, nothing happens (absolutely nothing - no messages or boxes appear). I habe removed and reinstalled both Outlook and Outlook connector several times, no help in that. Anyone who have a suggestion? ...

add to existing distribution list
Trying to add to an existing distribution list; (from MS Access to Outlook 2003) ; code below can add, but always creates new DL (see below); skipping through Access records into general top level contacts was easy, DL work has been very frustrating. Code below works (it adds to a list) but it needs to refer to a known list. How do I do this successfully ? I've played with : objDistList = myFolder.Items.Add(Outlook.OlItemType.olDistributionListItem) in other code but get "object variable not set" even though I can see it has been ! Dim objOutlook ...

Outlook 2003
I have been using Outlook 2003 with one user/email (pop3)/profile for a few years and have a great system of folders and saved messages. I recently added a new profile with its own email (pop3) and everything is fine. Upon opening Outlook it prompts for the profile to open and I can open both. However, when I select my 'original' profile (listed at 'Outlook' in the drop-down box presumeably because it was the original profile), all my original folders and saved messages appear, but the Send/Receive button is missing from the toolbar as well as from the Tools menu. The S...

DIR function stopped working on Vista
Hi. I am developing an Access 2007 application on Windows Vista. Suddently the DIR() has function stopped working. By not working, I mean that the function constantly returns an empty string regardless if the specified file/directory argument exists. I recently installed some Vista updates from Microsoft Update...I wonder if this could have caused it. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks Mike I have found that DIR will not work if you are using UNC paths to link to another file. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP...

Protected Mode not working??
Last week I was running IE7 and noticed that even though the "Enable Protected Mode" tick box under Tools > Internet Options > Security was properly checked the Status Bar at the bottom of the main screen said "Protected Mode: Off". So I installed IE8, but it still said the same. So I reset the security level to "Default" and re Set the tick box, clicked Apply, and restarted IE and the status bar still says the protected mode is off. What is going on here? What can I do about it. Ted Smith Vista SP1? You're logged in to the Adm...

clipboard copy doesn't work
(USING OFFICE XP: EXCEL) I have a string that is more than 255 characters long in Excel so it gets displayed as bunch of pound signs (#). That is ok, but when I select that cell and copy (Ctrl + C), all the pound signs get copied to the clipboard. It also writes out all the pound signs when i save the file in a text format (like .csv, comma-delimited). This is extremely irritating because it means I am going to have to write a macro to sift through the thousands of rows of my excel file and write out the values to a text file. I understand why you would want to display pound sig...

Outlook Default Setting to Add United States of America at end of address #2
How can I turn off or omit the words "United States of America" which is added as the last line by the Contacts app when I use an address from Outlook Contacts to address an envelope in Word? This is a waste of ink. Outlook 2002 SP2 A typical address would look like this when clicked from the Outlook Contacts book to the envelope app in Word. Want to know how to turn off the last line (don't want it included in the address) which is added by Outlook as a default line. AMCE P.O. BOX 12345 EASY MONEY BLVD BROKENBANK, XX 12345 United States of America ...