Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums

Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via
my login to Microsoft Discussion groups?

I sure appreciate your help, John

In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com,
John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I
> have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups?
>
> I sure appreciate your help, John

Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you
get too many hits.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne

Impersonation and Custom Event Log
Hi, I have created a Custom Event Log. My ASP.NET application is impersonating a specific Windows Account that currently has no permissions on the web server, apart from Modify access to C:\WINDOWS \Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files. I cannot currently write to the event log. I am using the Logging Application Block. What is the best practice way of writing to the event log when using impersonation? I'd like to do this from within ASP.NET if possible and I want to avoid raising permissions as far as possible. Cheers, James ...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Numpty MS Query Install Question
Hi all How do I know whether MS Query is installed on my PC? Office Pro 2003 on XPSP2 TI I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Data > GetExternalData > CreateNewQuery, and if you get dialog boxes to follow instead of a message that you need to install MSQuery, then you got it......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "TheScullster" wrote: > Hi all > > How do I know whether MS Query is installed on my PC? > Office Pro 2003 on XPSP2 > > TI > > > "CLR" wrote >I dunno about 2003, but in older versions, just do Da...

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

licensing question 11-16-04
Hi. Can someone briefly explain the licensing for MSCRM? Is it just like a CAL, one for every potential user? Is it per-connection or named user? Thanks, S "Scaryberry" <nope@noway.com> wrote in message news:OI6juFDzEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. Can someone briefly explain the licensing for MSCRM? Is it just like > a CAL, one for every potential user? Is it per-connection or named user? > > Thanks, > > S Hi, amazing what the search button on the web groups can do. Would like to know the difference between a Sales Professional and Sa...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

Follow-up AVERAGEIF question
Office Excel 2007 The other day, someone here pointed me to the AVERAGEIF function as a way of averaging a range of cells, but excluding from the computation any cell in the range that had a zero value. I've been able to get that to work...partially. But if I insert new rows, the formula does not update to include those rows. For example, if I have number entries in cells A1 through A5, and if cell A6 is =AVERAGEIF(A1:A4,"<>0"), I get a result in A6. However, if I then insert a new row above A6 and enter a value there...of course the old A6 becomes A7, but the form...

another query question
I want to apologize ahead of time for being a novice with MS Access and VBA. I desperately need help with 2 queries that I am trying to put together. I want to thank anyone that can help me out with this situation. I want to put a select query(Query1) that uses one table and the criteria would be [Enter the Event Number]. When an event number is entered it will give me the Event Number, Event Name, Event Date, Event time, and House Size. Next, I need to create a 2nd query(Query2) that pulls up the records from another table by the Event Number. Below are the tables and fields that I am u...

MS Access and SharePoint
Is MS SharePoint a substitute for creating rational databases MS Access. Hello Jody, Absolutely not. I assume "rational" means "relational". In fact, there is not much "relational" about SharePoint anyway, please refer to http://www.lcbridge.nl/vision/2008/transactions.htm for more info about that. However, Access 2007 allows you, under restrictions, to publish databases to SharePoint 2007, and SharePoint 2010 includes Access Services, which allows you to create web applications in Access 2010 and publish them to a SharePoint 2010 site. Kind reg...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Office 2k3 Beta tester woes. Cant import .pst back into xp
Hello, I am sure that there has to be a solution to this problem. I know that MS would not leave it's beta testers without a way to revert back to their old office. I have attempted to import my Outlook 2003 Beta .pst file into my Outlook XP and I get an error stating that it is not compatible. Please tell me that there is a way for me to retrieve all of my old emails. I saved the pst file, and I removed Office 2003 as per the terms of the beta license and saved a copy of my .pst file. I the re- installed Office XP. Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Mike If you c...

Need help with Access report
I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that. I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the details sectio. Before some takes a wag at answering this, could you provide a little better description? Individual contacts normally would display in the detail section, not "in the facility group header". Maybe you should type in some significant records/fields and how and why they should display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access M...

Fixed asset question
The controller of my company would like to know if there is a mass change type operation available for handling impairments in Fixed Assets in GP. He says he has read the manual and there doesn't appear to be a way. Is there a way to do impairments without modifying each individual asset? Thanks, M. ...

e-mail through access
i have been searching the internet for two hrs now and i am really confused with what i have to do. i have a table with all my clients' email addresses. my goal is to send separate email with pdf attachment to each customer separately (not like bcc). i assume i have to create a form with message subject, message body, etc. then i need a "sendemailtoall" command button. could someone help me? i am using office 2003. See whether Arvin Meyer's EmailSenate2K sample at http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html is what you need. If not, check the Microsoft Ac...

Office 2007 Recovery
Is it possible to recover office 2007 that was installed on an extended partion? Neighbor has windows vista 32 bit on a 320Gb hard Drive partioned as primary and 2 extended partitions. Vista crashed and she reinstalled it but office 2007 and all apps were installed on the extended partion and is there from backup but I cannot get it to start any ideas how to get this working? You need to have the original disks/CDs. There is no other way to get Office back. What people don't know is that it is the registry entries that make office run. Without registry entries, you are...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

Migration question
I'd like to move my contact list, calandar information, inbox and outlook file folders to a new computer. I assume these are each stored in separate files and they can simply be copied to the new computer? If so, where can I find out the names of the individual files? Nope. All are in the same file: a Personal Folders (PST) file. Just copy that file and configure the new installation to use it as its default. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MH" <mehla@earthlink.net>...

Word excel questions
Hi, I have 3 windows Xp home edition sp2 pc's. Unfortunetly, none of them came with Microsoft Word. The pc's did come with Word perfect 10 by Corel. My teen has to be away from school for several days. In her computer class, they use word and will be doing some Excel things. She will do some make ups at home. Is it possible to get Word w/excell for free? Or maybe a trial version for free until she is able to return to school? I told the teacher all this and mentioned that there may be a trial version online. Any tips would be great. thanks in advance -- Thanks so very much fo...

2 questions one on list/combo boxes and the other on "atomically" hiding columns or rows.
I followed most of the post recently on the subject of list and combo boxes. From what I can tell I need to create a list but I need to have the list find the item and than a price associated with that item and than it's cost. Is there some where that I can find away to do that? The other question on the opening page of my quote sheet I have by columns the floors (4) of the house and under those a list of rooms (these are the headings of the rows) that are on each floor. In the following columns I have the my wiring combination. I have all this linked to other worksheets that have simil...

Upgrade Question #3
I currently use Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. Can I upgrade to 2007 deluxe or do I still have to use premium? You can upgrade to Deluxe. <billybish@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166276989.686433.196350@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com... >I currently use Microsoft Money 2005 Premium. Can I upgrade to 2007 > deluxe or do I still have to use premium? > ...

Access email remotely
Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and, if so, please let me know how? Thanks! Hi, Hilton Head. "Hilton Head" wrote in message news:9A0260D0-BEDA-4424-9A0C-C884F03C266E@microsoft.com... Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and, if so, please let me know how? Thanks! It's not at all clear what you are trying to do. :>( If you just want to pick up your email from any online computer in the world, use mail2web.com . If you want to run Windows Live Mail on another computer, ju...

SUMIF Question
Can you do a range such as M4:O10? My spreadsheet let me put this in but it is not giving me the correct value. I have a 1 in cell O4 and it is giving me a value of "0" for this formula. =SUMIF('June08 Summary'!$E$4:$E$10,"DM",'June08 Summary'!M4:O10) -- Deb No, sumif and countif will only sum/count M4:M10 in your case. If you want to sum all entries in M4:O10 where E4:E10 regardless if there are multiple entries on the same row you can use =SUMPRODUCT(('June08 Summary'!$E$4:$E$10="DM")*('June08 Summary'!M4:O10)) -- Reg...

Using Access to create an appointment and add attendees
Hi i am using Access to create an appointment in outlook. I have the code for creating the appointment but i am struggling to add attendees. This is what i have so far; DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim objRecurPattern As Outlook.RecurrencePattern Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objAppt = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With objAppt .Start = Est_Finish_Date .Subject = Component ...

Porblem microsoft office scanning
i have a copier machine - Canon -and it works as scanner every time i click the big scan button error message appear telling me (Send - Don't send) I want to resolve this .... ...