2007 compatibility pack not working

Hello,

I have Windows 2000 SP4 running Office 2000 SP3.  I installed the latest
2007 office compatibility pack (incudes SP1 and SP2), however I am still
unable to open Office 2007 files, specifically .xlsx and .docx.  I have tried
repairing and reinstalling Office.  I have downloaded and installed all the
Microsoft Security updates and Office 2000 Updates.  I even uninstalled and
reinstalled the compatibility pack.  Still no luck.  I get the following
error when opening a Word 2007 doc.  "There was an error opening the file".
Excel just says the file is an unrecognizable format.

Is there a registry setting I need to change?  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks...

We have the same setup on some of our computers.  Windows 2000 SP4 running
Office 2000 SP3 and getting the same error.  Users were able to open
documents fine until end of April.  Now they can't seem to open any .docx
files.  Didn't know if it could be related to windows updates for April so
removed all of them rebooted and still had the issue.  Tried removing
compatibility pack and viewer, rebooted then reinstalled, no good.  Tried
removing Office, compatibility pack, etc. and try reinstalling.  We are
stumped also.  Trying to figure out what could have changed to cause this.
Hopefully someone has an answer.

"badger1" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have Windows 2000 SP4 running Office 2000 SP3.  I installed the latest
> 2007 office compatibility pack (incudes SP1 and SP2), however I am still
> unable to open Office 2007 files, specifically .xlsx and .docx.  I have tried
> repairing and reinstalling Office.  I have downloaded and installed all the
> Microsoft Security updates and Office 2000 Updates.  I even uninstalled and
> reinstalled the compatibility pack.  Still no luck.  I get the following
> error when opening a Word 2007 doc.  "There was an error opening the file".
> Excel just says the file is an unrecognizable format.
>
> Is there a registry setting I need to change?  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks...

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Action Pack 02-18-04
Hi Is CRM included in action pack in UK? Thanks Regards On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:04:51 -0000, "John" <john@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >Is CRM included in action pack in UK? > John Not seen it so far in ours Julian Julian Sharp Vigence for MS CRM in the UK ...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Remote Wipe Out Work with Treo 650?
Debating whether to get the Treo 650's with the ActiveSync built in vs. the PPC-6700 (both from Sprint) for our marketing reps here. Treo's are appealing due to how cheap they are now, and with the ActiveSync looks like you can sync up with xng2k3 sp2 (which we are implementing now). ActiveSync aside, can the Treo's be remotely wiped out with the Mobility Tool in xng2k3? Or is this feature only compatible with Windows Mobile OS? Anyone? Thx! No it can't. Remote wipe will only work with Windows mobile 5.0 devices with AKU 2.0 (formerly MSFP). Treo 650 is Palm OS. -- Be...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Smart Tag for Outlook 2007
Hi, I need to create a Smart Tag for Outlook 2007. How can I do that? There's any tutorial or reference? Thank in advance! ...

Viewing shared 2003 outlook calendar in 2007 Outlook
Shared calendars with colleagues who have 2003. I can see the calendar but not the info in the calendar. Nothing is provate marked from their side and is able to be seen by other 2003 users. is there a quick fix? ...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Outlook 2007 error event id: 35
Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the event viewer on my vista laptop. And usualy my outlook at some point just goes into the "not responding" mode. Then I have to kill the process from the task manager to be able to reopen outlook just to see it freeze again after a couple of seconds. I tried the whole stop indexing service and reinstall index service procedure to no avail. Does anyone else have a solution to this very anoying problem? Fred putzhilfe@gmail.com <putzhilfe@gmail.com> wrote: > Per hour i receive about 12'000 of these errors in the...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...