[Office migration] new features from XP to 2k3

Hello,

In a migration from Offce XP to Offcie 2003 I try to list several elements:

- The new features of Office (2K3 compared to the XP version)
- Changes in work habits for common user (non IT users).

I place myself at a functional level more than technical, because the
results of this research will be integrated in the communication to be made
to users
final (non-computer).

I am interested of any information or URL where I might find information. I
target products Word, Excel and Power Point.

For now here are the items that I own:
Outlook:
Emergence of the "cache mode" ==> what effect on work habits?

Thank you in advance for your help

office 2003 cached mode
I have a multi organization exchange server 2000 running. Clients running outlook 2003 would like to use cache mode but whenever you turn cache mode on you get only one GAL showing (this is say always company A's GAL) Meaning if you are a member of company B,C,D ect. they all get company A's GAL. If you uncheck the cached mode option and restart outlook all companies get the correct GAL. In a word HELP! Roy - The reason the "cached-moded" users are only seeing Company A's gal is b/c that is the only Address List that is defined as the Offline Address List for the mailbo...

I wish to read a xls file (spreadsheet) with XP home.What to do?
My kids prefer to have XP home but i have been sent a spreadsheet that is a xls file extension and unfortunately i cant get access to it. Can i download a programme that allows me to open this file.Thanking anyone who can help. you can download an excel viewer here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=en -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "T...

cannot create New Record (icons greyed out)
Hi I am still pretty new to Access and had a form that worked fine until Friday when it disappeared in Form View. Over the weekend it seemed to resolve itself and reappeared - but... I cannot now add a new record. I am using Access 2007. All the icons on the Records section of the Home tab are greyed out apart from Refresh All. I had a go at creating an Add New Record button - just to see what happened. When I click this, I get the error message " You cannot go to the specified record". I have gone to Design View and looked at the various properties but nothing ...

Word editor hangs Outlook in Office XP SP3
User has Outlook hang when opening new message or on a reply or forward. I unchecked the option "Use MS Word to edit email messages" under Tools | Options and the Mail Format tab, and the problem was solved. The only article of any help I could find in MS KB was 824934. Since I already have SP3 installed, it detected this patch already inplace. I found two other KB articles relating to this issue with no answers to the problem, 289982 and 278214. Anyone come across before? Thanks, Ryan On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 09:43:41 -0700, "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

can't logon to XP Pro
My computer had a malware attack. About 15 viruses and worms all at once as my nephew tried to install something he downloaded from a usenet newsgroup. A package of 15 viruses and worms etc. Anyway I have managed to remove all the malware via Windows Live OneCare, SpyBot SD, and Eset. However now at Windows log on I get "Administrator" and on the bottom left it gives the Turn Off Computer option and on the bottom right it says "After you log on, you can add or change accounts. Just go to Control Panel and click User Accounts." I click Administrator and ...

Here are the new things in 2004
http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp 2004 NEW items vs 2002 and 2003. Some of this is marketing BS. Like the new dynamic home page which has identical functionality to the dynamic home page in 2003. -- Howard On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:15:10 GMT, "$2K3 User" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote: >http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp > >2004 NEW items vs 2002 and 2003. > ...

adding multiple new recrods using popup form
Hi, I have a main form, frmEvents, which contains a datasheet subform, frmEvetsSub, listing each meeting that occured at a particular event. I'd like the users to be able to click a button to add new meetings to the event by opening a data entry form, frmMeetingDetails. The problem I'm having is that I'd like them to be able to enter multiple meetings with frmMeetingDetails, and if I set it to "Data Entry = Yes" it only allows one meeting at a time. Then the user has to go back to frmEvents and click the button again to enter more meetings. There is a...

New nVidia WHQL 64-bit drivers (195.62)
nVidia has just released a new set of 64-bit drivers - for Windows 7x64, but probably for other 64-bit OS's as well. From their web site:- This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs. New in Version 195.62 * Adds GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here. * Adds support for GeForce GT 240. * Adds support for OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. * Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and...

Test to see if new group posting works
Seems to work :o) Welcome back. Tom "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote in message news:W_90h.445$Mh6.95@newsfe24.lga... > > Actually it did not work on my end. All of my newsgroup messages quit downloading three days ago. I have to unsubscribe and reboot, then resubscribe to get it to work again. I have the same problem on two identical computers. "Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message news:u6m6a0U%23GHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Seems to work :o) Welcome back. > > Tom > > "Peter Olcott" <...

Starting a new year
Presently using Excel 2002 ( I know it's old ) I have a workbook set up with 5 sheets; which I use to invoice my work and keep all the necessary stats. My year end was May 31/2008. I kept a copy of the blank workbook when I started my year last year on June 1/2007. However; I have made numerous changes/improvements to the workbook over the past year. What I would like to know; is there a easy way to delete the figures for last year's invoices so that I basically have a blank workbook with all my formulas and other improvements still in tact? These are the sheets I have in my wo...

Define new asset categories
Is there a way to redefine the asset categories. Large, mid, small, bonds other doesn't do it for me. My allocation is based on real estate, commodities, domestic and international. How can I redefine this? ...

Ex 2003 OWA problem 'error on page' and 'object expected' when clicking Reply or New
I have read almost each and every post regarding similar failures and nothing fixes me. I'm not running ISA. I'm begging for anyone's help to get me to a resolution, thanks for your time: I am able to login to OWA and the authentication seems to work fine. I am unable to create new messages or Reply to any messages in OWA. The moment I hit the New or Reply button the words "error on page" appears bottom left, then when I open the error it shows "Object expected" as the error. I have spent dozens of hours on this now, trying every suggestion I run across rela...

Can't open new project with Publisher 2000 and XP Pro
I just got a new machine and installed my office 2000. I can open and modify old Publisher documents, but when I choose New, the machine freezes, or when I just open Publisher, it opens frozen. The page where you choose the type of project won't open. Does this happen in safe mode? Have you upgraded your printer driver? Publisher is critical about printers, if Publisher is looking for a printer driver that has been modified it will hang. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jack" <anonymous@discussi...

How do I create a new footnote reference mark?
My boss likes to use parentheses around the numbers for footnotes. I would like to know if there is a way I can create a numbering format, using continuous numbering, with parentheses around the numbers? If so, how do I do this? Hi TL, Assuming you're using proper Word footnotes, you could run the following macro periodically: Sub FootnoteBracketer() Dim oFtNt As Footnote For Each oFtNt In ActiveDocument.Footnotes With oFtNt.Reference If .Characters.First.Previous <> "(" Then .InsertBefore "(" If .Characters.Last.Next <> ")&...

Expired activitation states : Money Plus new install.
I have Microsoft Money Plus Premium (download) and am trying to install it on a new Windows 7 computer. I put in my Product Key, and the Activation states that it's expired. What can i do? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy. In microsoft.public.money, "Paolo B." <paolobalzer@virgilio.it(no spam)> wrote: >I have Microsoft Money Plus Premium (download) and am trying to install it >on a new Windows 7 computer. I put in my Product Key, and the Activation >states that it's expired. What can i do? Thank you. Bye. Try contacting support using the i...

Wachovia/New Account Issue
I have an account with Wachovia, which recently merged with First Union. As a result, in order to continue accessing my account via Online Services, I was required to do the following: update my Money 2003 software; disable and then re-enable Online services for my account; update Online Banking; create new payment instructions; etc. Unfortunately, the instructions provided by Wachovia haven't been working for me, no matter what I've tried. So I'm wondering if I can do the following: set up a new Wachovia account (which will only download the last 90 days worth of tra...

Outlook and Word's Single Envelope Feature
Hi: I'm using Office XP in a Win 98 SE computer. When creating a single a single envelope in Word XP from my Outlook XP Contacts, the Company name does not automatically get entered. Is there any way to get the Company name in above the address automatically? My only work around is to highlight the desired name in the list and then click on the Properties Box. Then the Contact input screen opens and I would copy the Company name and close the contact. Then I would click OK on the Select Name screen and finally I would paste the Company Name into the Deliver address that appears. Is...

How do I insert a row & have the existing formulas apply to new ce
I have a table which has a column that uses a formula. When I insert a new row in the middle of the table, Excel inserts a blank cell into the column with formulas, rather than keeping the formula that applies to the adjacent rows. How do I insert a row and keep the column with a formula so it applies to that new row? Click on a row number to highlight the entire row, then right click and select "copy". While still highlighted, right click on the same row number and click "insert copied cells". Excel will automatically adjust the formulas for the new row, unles...

Outlook Contacts from Office 2003 to Office XP?
I want to move my contacts from my pc with Office 2003 to another pc with Office XP Pro. How do I accomplish this? Can it be done? Thanks, Jack Barrett My Web Site: http://windsurf_2.tripod.com RSG Roll Call: http://rec-sport-golf.com?rc=jack I'm assuming you are using Outlook 2003. If not, you can still accomplish this, but the menu choices will be worded differently: 1. Switch to contacts view in Outlook 2. Choose File, Import and Export 3. Choose Outlook From the Wizard, choose Export to a file, then choose what type of file to put your contacts into. If you are importing on...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

MS and their new forums idea?
I have to sympathize with all of you about MS and their "forums" idea. My experience with it is that everyone, including Apple users, think the forums is where you go for any computer problem; even hardware problems that Windows obviously has no affect on. One post I saw recently was asking how to fix his broken USB receptacle that his brother had totally broken off the laptop. How can anyone think they can get a broken piece of hardware fixed in a Windows forum? And windows users flood Apple forums with windows/hardware related problems too. That's what open ...

installing a new master hdd
I cannot boot XP on my hp pavilion 7935 PC-- I have only been able to access the OS with an ERD Boot Disk to recover files. But I have a slew of programs on it too. Someone suggested that I use another pc, make the current hdd a slave, and be able to use it that way. But all I have is a laptop with vista. Since I have a set of HP installation disks for that PC and OS, can I simply install a new hdd and install XP on that to set as master, then use the current one as a slave? I guess the question is can I do that using the HP disks? I believe the disks are capable of formatt...

[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.9 Update
See the Entourage Help Blog for info on the 12.1.7 update. Includes tips for a good install and how to troubleshoot errors. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/06/update_1219.html> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp> ...

Migration of exchange 5.5 to 2K3 with a win2K AD...
Hey all, We're going to migrate our server 5.5 server to 2k3. Our situation: NT4 with Ex 5.5 A couple of Win2k servers Now it seems we already have Advanced Directory on the Win2k server that communicates with the domain user manager on the NT4. How should I proceed? Because the tutorials I find migrate directly from the NT4 machine, will our win2k AD still work? You don't have to go in detail, I I get a lead, I'll find things on my own ;-) (and if Idon't, I'll ask them here :)) Thanks, C_S Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=migrat...

CTabCtrl flicker in XP
Is there any way to stop the CTabCtrl flicker that happens when the mouse rolls over a tab? We are using the manifest file that enables on the XP look. The compiler is Visual Studio 6 SP5. Thanks for any help. ...