"find" is permenantly orange-highlighted- in outlook ...

My problem is that "find" is permenantly highlighted and when I try to
"reply" to an email, outlook hangs when trying to open Word.
I am running Office 2003 professional and have tried "fixing" with the disk.
I am a bit leary about a full install because I have email saved in my
folders that I definetly don't want to loose. I am not too sure about
archiving and retrieval. I have never successfully retrieved email in the
past. Anyway Outlook hangs when I try to reply to an email and I have to shut
the program down through Task Manager.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what caused this. I have done a restore
point past when this started...three days ago when I knew it was working just
fine. Thank you for investigating this query. Palamino

Uninstalling Outlook has no impact on the data files, using Archive doesn't
lose data, If you never managed to retrieve old data its because you are
using the incorrect 'retrieval' processes
Having said that uninstall / reinstall is unlikely to do anything
How does Outlook perform if you start it using the safe switch?;
Start>Run   outlook.exe /safe (note space between exe /)

"palamino" <palamino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem is that "find" is permenantly highlighted and when I try to
> "reply" to an email, outlook hangs when trying to open Word.
> I am running Office 2003 professional and have tried "fixing" with the
> disk.
> I am a bit leary about a full install because I have email saved in my
> folders that I definetly don't want to loose. I am not too sure about
> archiving and retrieval. I have never successfully retrieved email in the
> past. Anyway Outlook hangs when I try to reply to an email and I have to
> shut
> the program down through Task Manager.
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what caused this. I have done a restore
> point past when this started...three days ago when I knew it was working
> just
> fine. Thank you for investigating this query. Palamino

0
DL

I cannot find to shut of HTML preview on the preview pane How?
How to shut off the HTML preview in the preview pane ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=77e0acf4-cde0-4b06-9113-286e4f93d2c3&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Outlook version please? --� Milly...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Finding/matching custom color in publisher
I am trying to find out what the RGB composition is of a custom color background. I created the color earlier. When I reopen the file it resets to the default palette and it does not include my custom color. How do I find out the RGB of a previously created background color. Download this small utility, it is a color picker, free. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JohnnyP" <JohnnyP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A8BDFFC-66C8-4D85-8629-43F72DCB4...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

OWA "the system cannot find the path specified"
Hi - I looked thru Google, Google Groups and this website, I came up with a KB article that suggested that I reset a metabase setting. I did that, still not working. Here is what I've done, we moved a server from one office to another. New external (routable) IP but the internal scheme stayed the same. I'm getting this message under status of exchange, exadmin, and public in the IIS Manager: "the system cannot find the path specified" I've restarted the services and that didn't help. I'm not seeing anything in the event log that is helpful. I'm not ...

Finding data files
I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't show any of my data. I saved everthing on my hard drive before I installed XP, but I did not back up my Money data. Isn't there a file that contains my current information? What is the name of the file Money saves its information to? Thank You!! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=109. "Dale" <dalevan@iserv.net> wrote in message news:2a57301c466e7$63e929c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just installed Windows XP but my Money 2001 now doesn't > show any of my data. I saved everthing on my hard d...

Find repeat and than merge and centre
Hi! How to find repeated data and then merge and centre. My data is from A to M.Range from A1 to M4500 Any Function Or Macro. Thanks Hardeep Hi, I think we need more detail - what do you want to merge and center, multiple rows, multiple columns, multiple blocks of cells? You will loose the data in all but one of the merged cells, Excel does not merge the data. What determines if a range has repeat data - does the data in two cells above each other need to be the same, does all the data on two adjacent rows need to be the same, do the rows with duplicate data need to be adjacent? -...

macro to find phone number and label with text
Hi-- Here's the situation: I have long lists of satellite phone bills that I need to track by individual phone users and I want to build a macro that seeks out a specific number (example, macro searches "882 156 445 4554" and in the column next to it, automatically spits out "Dan's phone." In one Excel file, I have a growing list of satellite phone numbers (~400 numbers) that I'm constantly adding to that I'm hoping the macro can draw from. In the other set of files, I have individual phone bills for each phone (about 18 separate excel files per month) wi...

How do you find and edit the dictionary in Publisher?
I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary. Can't find it! Can edit dictionary in Word. Isn't the Word dictionary the one used in Publisher? -- Don Vancouver, USA "chuckthe3" <chuckthe3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D363986-DEE1-46B2-8443-12CD6F7EE672@microsoft.com... > I want to delete words in the Publsiher dictionary. Can't find it! Can edit > dictionary in Word. You can change your custom dictionary in your newsreader (Outlook Express), tools, options, spelling tab, edit custom dictionary. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP h...

Finding Outlook Express mails and transferring to WLM
I am following the instructions in WLM on how to import mails from OE6. It claims not to find any mails on the saved OE-file. ( The location is a harddisk from a previously CPU-crasched PC. All other files appear OK). Have also checked that the files are not protected, and opened up hidden files. What is wrong? Do you have the folder with all of the OE dbx files? Move the folder to your hard drive to eliminate any permissions issues. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDF71428-851B-435...

Finding PostingAccounts in Tables
?Hello Folks, Under Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting Accounts. where there is a list of all the accounts to post the transactions, which I am trying to find in the Tables as well. I I can spot a Table under Company SY01100 but that displays the data in a different way, Also when I copied this table from A to B ; In A it has all the account #s but in B it is all Blank. Should I be looking somewhere else? please help Regards, Hi Viol-8-r, If you are looking for the GL Master files then you are looking in the wrong place. The Master files themselves are in GL00...

Advanced Find Error -- Column Exporting Data from a different Column
Hi, This message pasted below below is from Feb 2006, there are no responses to it. I am experiencing the same problem. I export Advanced Find query data, and the resulting Excel sheet shows data from the wrong column in one place. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot. - Smita --- 1 From: Lee - view profile Date: Tues, Feb 8 2005 8:09 am Email: l.hargr...@btinternet.com (Lee) Groups: microsoft.public.crm Hi, I have built an expression using the advanced tool and then ordered the results by one of the displayed columns. However, when I try to export the results to excel th...

compare data in two lists to find matching entries
I have a spreadsheet with two colums. Each colum contains an identification reference e.g. Colum A Colum B abc123456 nmg4568987 ahsj45236 abc123456 ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 I want excel to check if the items in colums b are also in colum a and insert either "Match found" or "No match found" in colum c. For example abc123456 nmg4568987 No match found ahsj45236 abc123456 Match found ikl7856489 jkh7854566589 No match found Please help. I've tried everything I could think of. Nothing seems to work. Try this in C1, and copy down: =IF(IS...

Match: Find last matching row
Hi, I have one column sorted where are different values. In order to fin the row of matching value of my interest I use match function that i perfect here. Almost perfect.... The trouble is match gives me first row where it accounters give value. Unfortunately I need to find the smallest number, so I may no say what exactly number I'm searching for and as a result use match. I need to add that there are some strings and numbers in the column, s when I sort it strings are separated from values and values are sorte as asked. So if I knew function that wil 'match_the_last_string_value...

Where to find good set of icons and png files
Hi everybody, Does anyone know where to find good set of icons and .png files for using in VB and Office development projects ? -- Best regards, Edward How about the Visual Stuio Icon Library included with VS? C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\VS2008ImageLibrary\1033 -Scott "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE44ED6F-DF50-462D-8E7A-1DF000CA4133@microsoft.com... > Hi everybody, > Does anyone know where to find good set of icons and .png files for using > in > VB and Office development project...

Find Function behaving differently in different spreadsheets
Excel 2003 - I have a number of spreadsheets that are set up in a similar fashion and are used basically as databases. I use the Ctrl+F function alot to search for the correct data. The problem I am having is the the Ctrl+F function. Some of them I can do a search and will find the data with no issues, while other spreadsheets I have to change "Look in:" to Values from Formulas even though the spreadsheets are set up in the same fashion with the same sort of data in each column. Why is this? And how do I fix it? Can I set the Ctrl+F function to look in values as a defau...

Find and Replace 04-13-10
Good day all, I am trying to change this number 01-465-9273 to show up as 014659273. It is easy enough to make the (-) go away but it takes the zeros at the beginning of the number away as well which defeats the purpose Thanks -- Pierre A couple of alternatives: - format the cell as Text before removing the dashes - put an apostrophe before the 0 before removing the dashes - remove the dashes in another cell, using SUBSTITUTE: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") - give the cell a custom number format like 000000000 Hope this helps, Hutch "Pierre" ...

Help!!! Can't find backup
I always back up my Money acount to my thumb drive... I screwed up and had to wipe clean and reload windows I then reloaded money 04. Now how do I restore from the backup??? Thank You for all help offered... Jim In microsoft.public.money, jba@jbaz.com wrote: >I always back up my Money acount to my thumb drive... > >I screwed up and had to wipe clean and reload windows > >I then reloaded money 04. > >Now how do I restore from the backup??? > >Thank You for all help offered... Copy the *.mbf file from your flash drive to your MyDocuments folder. You could then...

Database functions to find unique entries on a date.
Hi All I have some data as shown below in an Excel worksheet. Date and name - each in seperate columns: Date Name 1/1/8 Chris 1/1/8 Sam 1/1/8 Chris 1/1/8 Dave 1/1/8 Chris I am using database functions (i.e DCOUNTA etc) to analyse this data. However I cannot work out how to calculate the number of unique names on a date. That is, from the above data the answer I want for 1/1/8 is 3 (Chris, Sam & Dave). Does anyone have any clues for me how I can use database functions (DCOUNTA etc) to arrive at this answer? The names are dynamic and will vary all the time so I cannot just count ...

After "find," determine folder?
Outlook (Office 2003) Scenario: I search ("find" in all Personal Folders) for a particular message that I can't find. The search turns the msg up. How can I find out what folder it's hiding in? I can't figure that out. Thanks. Ken ...

To find out number of sundays and saturdays in january month
Hai all, How I can find out the number of saturdays and sundays in January For example in A1 and B1 cell represents Saturdays and Sundays. How I can find out the number of saturdays and sundays in that month and to write in corresponsing A2 and B2 column . Please help with thanks and regards Pol =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=1)) Would tell you the number of Sundays in January of 2008. =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=7)) Would tell you the number of Saturd...

Long list of words to find with Filter
Hi peeps I have a long list... School College Borough County City Council CC (County Council) Care Nursing Home Primary Trust PCT (Primary Care Trust) Hospital Commission etc etc of words that I want to filter on in a list... I tried creating a macro, but it only allows two criteria... Any ideas as to how I might do this in one operation? Also, to easily add words to this list! Yours hopefully ET -- englishtwit ------------------------------------------------------------------------ englishtwit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5464 View ...

How do I find differences between two excel worksheets?
Each worksheet has one column of numbers and a second column of text. Using Excel2003 See Chip's site www.cpearson.com . He has lots on this topic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jfurneaux" <jfurneaux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9877485-FB21-4495-9AE0-83C41409ACA3@microsoft.com... > Each worksheet has one column of numbers and a second column of text. > Using Excel2003 ...

Can't find the link
I have a workbook that opens with the message that asks me if I want to update the links. Well, there aren't any links that I can find. When I say "Yes" to the question, I get an open file dialog with the name pre-filled in with a temporary file name: $WPM7C81 which, of course, can't be found. If I change the name to a pre-existing sheet that has the normal Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 in it, excel finds the file (of course, since I used the name of a file that actually exists) and then opens the workbook that supposedly has this link in it and all seems to work fine. I'v...

Find problem
Hi using 2007 I'm using the search function for the word mins (short for minutes) through a 160 page booklet to put a period after it. When I find an entry that needs editing & fix it or paste a correction, then click to find the next entry, the search window keeps returning to the first page and I can't finish making corrections I know there are more errors to fix as a manual search finds them Anyone know how to make the search function continue on after I have made a correction please? -- Martin ���� Try editing the story in Word. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher]...