Will unsupported symbols be fixed in new PM?

I'm trying to get used to the new PM, and I think I can almost live with it.
The biggest problem for me is that there are two mutual funds MINDX (Matthews
India) and LIDIX (Laudus Rosenberg International Discovery) that the new PM
says are a "security type not currently supported in the Portfolio Manager".
Can anyone tell me why it would just stop supporting these two mutual funds?
Other funds from the same family (Matthews Funds) are supported just fine,
such as MCHFX and MPACX. I need some idea of a fix coming or a suggested
workaround. Does anyone from Microsoft read these forums? Is there another
place to post this crazy bug? Are others experiencing the same kind of
arbitrary unsupported symbols?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Davio1 wrote:

>I'm trying to get used to the new PM, and I think I can almost live with it.
>The biggest problem for me is that there are two mutual funds MINDX (Matthews
>India) and LIDIX (Laudus Rosenberg International Discovery) that the new PM
>says are a "security type not currently supported in the Portfolio Manager".
>Can anyone tell me why it would just stop supporting these two mutual funds?
>Other funds from the same family (Matthews Funds) are supported just fine,
>such as MCHFX and MPACX. I need some idea of a fix coming or a suggested
>workaround. Does anyone from Microsoft read these forums? Is there another
>place to post this crazy bug?

microsoft.public.moneycentral would be a better place to post that.

> Are others experiencing the same kind of
>arbitrary unsupported symbols?
0
Cal

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

cell will not center
Hi. I have a user with an Excel worksheet. There are multiple rows and columns and they are all set on center alignment, (center alignment icon on the toolbar as well as Format Cells --> Horizontal Alignment --> Center.) The alphabetical characters align correctly but the numerical don't, as they will only left align. Format Cells --> Number is set to General, so I don't know why it won't change the alignment. Other than the worksheet being corrupted, I don't know what could be wrong with it. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Hilary =?Utf-8?B?SG...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

New Views are not displaying Customized calculated fields value
I created a new view based on some native fields along with some custom fields. None of the custom field values are calculating and showing up in the view: The custom fields do not seem to be complicated. here they are Earned Work hours = INT([Work]/60)*([Physical % Complete]/100) Productivity = IIf([Actual Work]=0,0,([Earned Work Hours]/([Actual Work]/60))*100) WorkHours Forecast = IIf([Actual Work]=0,([Work]/60),([Work]/60)/([Productivity]/100)) The view is set at the Security Category of "My Projects" Thanks, I am assuming that you have this problem in P...

How do I create a Manufactures Restore Partition? on a new HDD?
I have a Gateway Desktop 1tb hdd and would like to create restore partition the way Gateway would have created it when it left the shop. I believe the create a 5-10 Gg partition with a picture of what the machine look like (vanilla). Can any one tell me how to do this myself or point me to instructions? My think it that it might be as simple as using say, Acropolis to create a full backup to this 10gg partition. However, I'm thinking when Gateway does this in its shop it uses something else that is not reliant on a specific manufacturers software when I recovery/restore...

new mail notification in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I no longer recieve new mail notification unless the message is in my Inbox. In previous versions you would get notifications as long as the folder the message went to was a sub folder of Inbox. Any ideas? This is by design. In your rules that you have setup to move messages from your Inbox to other folders, you can add "display a desktop alert" for each of those rules. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Brian" ...

Slow outlook after new server
Hi I have recently replaced a very slow sbs server with a super dooper dell sbs server. I exported the outlook stuff into pst files before disconnecting the old server and then imported the pst files back into outlook after connecting the new server. The problem is clients are complaining of slow outlook response specially on one particular pc. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards That depends on the definition of 'slow response'. If you want faster delivery of email internally (like, if 30 seconds is too slow), then turn off cached mode in Outlook. If...

Windows update error message (with a question and a fix)
I have a client which is having a problem running Windows Update on a Windows SBS 2003 everytime I click on Windows Update after 10secs it comes back with a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" tried google to find a fix but everything I've tried does not seem to work. So today I decided to ghost the sever drive on to a old 80GB to have a backup just incase something happens it took 30mins to ghost then I tried booting from the new drive to see if it would boot and was all good. The funny thing is that when it booted I tried Windows Update and it w...

Can PM Edit List be modified to include GL Summary Distributions?
Is it possible to modify the Payables Edit List to inclue GL Summary Distributions totals? When a Payables batch is POSTED a report generates called "PM GL Distributions Summary" which lists the SUM of each GL account used in the batch regarless of the voucher. For example, assume a Payables batch contains two invoices. The Accounts Payables account on 1st invoice is $35 and on 2nd invoice is $15...this report will basically show Accounts Payable account used on this batch is equal to $50 total. We would like to modify the Payabled Edit List so we can see these GL distribut...

Inserting symbol
I'm trying to insert a symbol next to a number in a cell that is totaled. When I attempt this the number is not then recognized for the correct total. Do I need to change my SUM fx in some way to correct this? Hi, Do it with a format. Right click your cell - Format - Number tab -select Custom enter this custom format alter to include the symbol you wannt 0.0" Your Symbol" OK Mike "judyl" wrote: > I'm trying to insert a symbol next to a number in a cell that is totaled. > When I attempt this the number is not then recognized for th...

Installing new license wont work
hello; We received our working licenses and had to uninstall which went fine (or so I think) and re-install the whole crm deployment in order to change the organization name... installing goes fine for a long amount of time then at the very end I get the following error.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times!!! please help! here is the error Setup Was unable To install Microsoft CRM SErver Setup Was unable To Provision your organization Setup Was unable To create the root business Unknown Error 80041D2a thanks in advance. p.s. running crm server on windows 2003 and database server is ...

New Exchange Server
We are trying to get a new Exchange Server up and running in our company. Everything is working fine, EXCEPT CRM. When we unplug the old Exchange box, CRM email (at least outgoing, probably incoming too) stops working. We have installed the CRM Email Router on the new Exchange box. However, when we installed it, the old box was still up and running. We are receiving SOAP error messages on the new box, even when the old one is turned on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Did you uninstall the router from the old Exchange server? The router config adds an entry in the registry on the CRM ser...

Outlook 2000 Premium will not open
The error message keeps telling me that Outlook cannot connect to my exchange server. This is a home network with only two computers on it. I do not have an Exchange Server to connect to. I only use Outlook 2000 for maintaining my business contacts and Calendar. I use AOL for email with Internet Explorer 6.0.2 for broadband access to the Internet. Any suggestions on how to get Outlook to open so it can be configured properly? I have Outlook SR-1 installed. Thank You ...

how to copy hyperlink value to a new field automatically
Hello, You might can help me on this. Hyperlink--"Map", The hyperlink value is"/y/Map.py? Pyt=Typ&tuid=2986292&ck=3290351193&tab=B2C& ycat=8227499&city=Andrews&state=NC&zip=28901&am p;country=us&msa=5&slt=35.202000&sln=- 83.812900&cs=5&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0" Point: one city with different zip code, so i have to use this hyperlink to copy ZIP info to a new field. Question:how can i use marcos or something eles to make it automatically find MAP, and then copy hyp...

new isp & new domain name procedure
The company recently re-located to another state and got a new ISP. The old network guy left the company and disappeared and the domain name was registered under his name so we couldn't switch the DNS numbers. Anyways, we got a new domain name, pointed it to our exchange/web server and all that works fine and dandy. from home I'm able to login to webmail, see old mail. What I can't do is send/receive new mail from outside the network. When I send to the new domain address it bounces back with a SMTP communication problem. When I send mail from new domain's webmail, it s...

Temp files left 'not closed' ...Money file will not reopen.
Help ..I closed Money Deluxe 2005. Program closed I thought normally and backed up the file. Also backed up to a flash drive. When I went to reopen the program, I got an error message that says a temp file was not closed. Trying to restore from backup produces same results. Trying to restore from flash drive produces same results. Apparently, the same error went to all files that were saved. Is there anyway to recover? I have tried Moneys recover file procedure..did no good -- Mark R In microsoft.public.money, Mark R wrote: >Help ..I closed Money Deluxe 2005. Program close...

Apay will not cancel
I had a mortgage loan that was on Apay. I refinanced... that loan is no more. I removed it from the bills and deposits page. I even zeroed out the loan with a journal entry so there was nothing due.. I also closed the account. I am using MS Money 2004. Every month, an automatic entry is placed in my checking account and a payment is sent to the bank with the old mortgage. I have to catch it every month and cancel it with the bank. There is no evidence that I can find of an automatic payment on this account. I have even deleted that bank from my payees page. Can someone offer a sugges...

New PC
I just bought a new PC that is running on XP. I need to know how to transfer all my existing emails and my address book to the new PC. My current PC is using OE. Is there a way for me to copy a certain file(s) to a Disc and then save those contents to a certain folder on my new PC? Thanks all. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress f...

FREE New Indian oil for men!
Free Indian oil promotion for men! 100% free trial bottle, safe and great fun! Tel : 91-22-24449309/56663081 MURLI WAGHULDE ...

New mail button and many more stuff greyed out
new mail button is greyed out. we could create a new account and we can receive mails but can't create a new one cause the button is not clickable, it's greyed out. it's also impossible to reply to any mail, those buttons are greyed out. under the tools menu, customize and options are also greyed out. we changed the data file, even created a new profile but these won't help. what might be the reason?? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Verified the outgoing (SMTP) email settings if this is a POP3 account? "sercan bozkurt" <sercanbozkurt@discussions.mi...

Notification of New Mail
Is there a way in Outlook Express 6 to display a visual message when a new email arrives. I can turn on the sound notification but would prefer a message? Regards, Stephen ...

how to fix duplication
Hi Can anyone will please assist me .We have 1206 records in our headquater database .But our store operations shows 1210 would you please send us query to fix this problem. Please advice This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6E66F.4926DD80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Saleem, Please run the following sql statement at your store db, make sure u put = the proper sql password,login, DB name, and IP for hq,=20 **************************************** select item.itemlookupcode,item.desc...

[Un]Happy New Year.
Using Money'04. Finished half of year end transactions last evening. This morning I can't add anything using "portfolio changes" i.e. reinvest divids, etc. Tried completely uninstalling and reinstall from CD. Tried a second file, and previous backups. Still same results. Upon trying to "add new transaction' the info box ALWAYS comes up "Edit Transaction" referring to a previous one. This is true for any stock, bond, MF, etc. No error messages. Anyone know if there's a 2006 jinx?? Thanks ...

No more new fonts can be applied to this workbook? Copying chart
I have this ongoing spreadsheet with many worksheets. I normally copy and paste a chart and simply change the source data. I keep getting this error when trying to paste that "no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook" and it won't paste. Is there anything I can do to fix this? This page explains how you can put off that error until you have many more charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html The problem is that a chart with autoscaling fonts uses twice the font resources on a chart with static font sizes. (Also I suspect the limitations a...

Password Required when setting up a new user
When I am setting up new users in Great Plains using the menu path Tools/Setup/System/User, I am prompted to enter a password. When I enter the SA or DYNSA password, I am allowed to continue. Otherwise, the password fails. My question is: Is this a configuration setting or do I always have to enter a password here. Are there any other (ie less powerful) passwords I can use? My idea scenario is to setup one individual as the Great Plains administrator (with the lowest security possible to perform user setup and maintenace) and have that user do all user setup and maintenance and hope...