why won't my automobile loan payments show as a transaction?

I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank account. My auto loan company
automatically takes $245 from my bank account each month. i can see the $245
transaction in my bank account register in MS Money but it doesnt update in
my auto loan register. How can I have it automatically update my auto loan
register?

Thanks,
Brad Nelson
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Have you set up an automatic bill payment?

--

Neil

"Brad Nelson" <BradNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a automobile account and a wachovia bank account. My auto loan
>company
> automatically takes $245 from my bank account each month. i can see the
> $245
> transaction in my bank account register in MS Money but it doesnt update
> in
> my auto loan register. How can I have it automatically update my auto loan
> register?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad Nelson

0
neil154ABCD1 (116)
6/24/2007 9:55:08 PM
.... of type Loan Payment:[name of the loan account in Money]?

"Remove ABCD from Email address to reply" <neil154ABCD@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:emHmWpqtHHA.412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Have you set up an automatic bill payment?

I have it setup as the following:

Account Name: Saturn
Account Type: Asset (Car or other Vehicle)
Financial Instituion: Wachovia Bank
Favorite Account: Yes

so every month i have the Saturn people charge my credit card $245 and it
does show up in the Wachovia check register as:

Date          Payee               Amount
5/15/07     Saturn Sales      $245

but if I go to my account called Saturn the transaction doesnt show so my
question is how do i tell Money 2006: when saturn sales makes a transaction,
show it in the saturn account register?

Thanks,
Brad

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> .... of type Loan Payment:[name of the loan account in Money]?
>
> "Remove ABCD from Email address to reply" <neil154ABCD@gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:emHmWpqtHHA.412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> > Have you set up an automatic bill payment?

You need to goto Bills > New > Bill > and fill out the info.  I assume that
you already have the loan and asset accounts setup.  Under category you
should have "Loan Payment: {Saturn Loan} or whatever you called it

--

>I have it setup as the following:
>
> Account Name: Saturn
> Account Type: Asset (Car or other Vehicle)
> Financial Instituion: Wachovia Bank
> Favorite Account: Yes
>
> so every month i have the Saturn people charge my credit card $245 and it
> does show up in the Wachovia check register as:
>
> Date          Payee               Amount
> 5/15/07     Saturn Sales      $245
>
> but if I go to my account called Saturn the transaction doesnt show so my
> question is how do i tell Money 2006: when saturn sales makes a
> transaction,
> show it in the saturn account register?
>

> Thanks,
> Brad
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> .... of type Loan Payment:[name of the loan account in Money]?
>>
>> "Remove ABCD from Email address to reply" <neil154ABCD@gmail.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:emHmWpqtHHA.412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> > Have you set up an automatic bill payment?

0
neil154ABCD1 (116)
6/25/2007 12:27:54 AM
If you have an Asset account and no Loan account, you aren't going to get
there.

Normally, an Asset Account on an item that has a loan against is a system of
two accounts: an Asset Account to reflect how its value adds to your net
worth and a Loan Account to reflect the outstanding liability associated
with the asset. Do you have a corresponding Loan Account? Look on the lower
half of the Account List under loans and liabilities. The Asset Account will
typically just have a balance that reflects the value of the asset (why it's
called an Asset Account). If the case of a car, you'd set it the day you buy
the car to what you paid for the car (exclusive of taxes and so forth. When
you have driven 200 miles, you enter an expense in the Asset Account to
reduce the value of the asset by 20%. The loan payments reduce the liability
but have nothing to do with the value of the asset.

I'm kinda betting you do have a Loan Account since I'm betting that the
Asset Account got created when the Loan Account got created. (There is a
question in the Loan Account setup dialog that leads to the Asset Account
also being setup.) Is there a bill setup for this already in the scheduled
Bills and Deposits? (This is another thing the Loan Account setup genie can
do for you if you answer the right question correctly.)

If you try to categorize one of the downloaded transactions as the "special
category" Loan Payment does "subcategory" offer a name of a Loan Account
that might be the name of the Loan Account in question?

"Brad Nelson" <BradNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have it setup as the following:
>
> Account Name: Saturn
> Account Type: Asset (Car or other Vehicle)
> Financial Instituion: Wachovia Bank
> Favorite Account: Yes
>
> so every month i have the Saturn people charge my credit card $245 and it
> does show up in the Wachovia check register as:
>
> Date          Payee               Amount
> 5/15/07     Saturn Sales      $245
>
> but if I go to my account called Saturn the transaction doesnt show so my
> question is how do i tell Money 2006: when saturn sales makes a
> transaction,
> show it in the saturn account register?

Oh, and switch to Advanced Registers and Advanced Bills. It might not make a
difference, but 100% of the advice I give assumes Advanced * AND NOT Money
Essentials (MEss).

Embed pictures and sound that show when needed
I want to do something that I've never done before, and I'm hoping someone can help me with it. I'm helping a friend that's having a charity fundraiser with a spreadsheet that he'll show with a projector on a wall. As donations are made a thermometer sort of graphic will slowly edge up to the goal (actually I just used conditional formatting for that). Different area leaders turn in their donations and they're recorded by area in the proper cells (there's a running total in cell H2), and as certain milestones are reached I'd like for a .wav file to play, ...

Outllok Today doesn't show message count
The last time Outlook hosed over my PST file, even though I've created a completely new one, my "Outlook Today" page won't show the number of messages in any folder that include on the page. I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.4712.4219) SP-2. Any ideas? -- Brian Tillman Internet: Brian.Tillman at smiths-aerospace dot com Smiths Aerospace Addresses modified to prevent SPAM. 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Replace "at" with "@", "dot" with "." Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 This opinion doesn't represent that of my company ...

This transaction is being edited by another user ?!
Hello, Everyone: My company is using Great Plains 7.5 for several months. Recently I just found out one invoice can not be edited. When I tried to open it, one message box just poped up; it said "This transaction is being edited by another user". But only myself logged in at that time. So, if anyone knows how to correct this error, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Zach If everyone is logged out, run the following in sql: USE DYNAMICS DELETE SY00800 GO USE tempdb DELETE DEX_LOCK GO DELETE DEX_SESSION GO "Zach" wrote: > Hello, Everyone: > M...

Text not showing apostrophe
Using Excel 2000 with XP In my worksheet, when I use to enter text in a cell the edit line showed this prefixed with an apostrophe, however this has stopped and when importing data, I can't easily identify whether an entry is a numeric or text. Any ideas whey this might have stopped working. Thanks Rob Sorted, turned on Transition Navigation Keys under Tools, Options, Transitions. Rob "Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eWgLdYXgGHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2000 with XP > > In my worksheet, when I use to ...

Credit Card Payment Category / Error
I'm using MS Money 2003. I'm downloaded my Credit Card account (Discover). The line where I paid my this Credit card bill I tried to put in the catagory "Credit Card Payment: Discover". The Error I get is, "You cannot transfer money from an account to itself. Please check that you are entering the transfer in the corrent account. " What category should I use? thx. If you choose the Credit Card Payement under the Special categories, this is a two sided transaction that is meant to enter into your checking account, for instance, when you pay the credit ...

Categorizing Credit Card Payments #3
I have seen/read info on how to do this however, I still have a problem. The scenario is as follows: Bank Account 'A' and Credit Card Accout 'C' are both setup in Money 2005. Both accounts are automatically updated (transactions downloaded to Money) from the banks online service. Credit Card payments are made online and result in a posting to each account and hence a transaction in each Money account (after the download has occurred). So, now I have a transaction in Account 'A' for $1000 that represents my pay't on the Credit Card. I also have a transact...

PO RCT Not showing up in Enter/Match
We've got a PO Receipt of inventoried items that is not showing up in Enter/Match Invoices. I've run check links, reconcile, and double checked everything. Also tried returning the items but the receipt doesn't show up there either. And hints on how to unstick it? Thanks in advance, and sorry if the solution is obvious. -Sean GP 9.0 Sean, Look in the Receivings Line Items SmartList and see if it shows up there. It may be a corrupt record that never posted. If so, you'll likely need to go directly in the database to clean it up since none of the other utilities have ...

2003 slow to show updates/changes
Hello all, I as lots of people am used to 5.5. When changes were made on this server details and settings were changed instantly. How come when i make changes on my new 2003 server the changes do not take effect for the properties of a clients mailbox for approxiamatly 30 minutes. I changed the mailbox limit. Why does it take so long? Surely it does not have to replicate to all the other 2003 servers. I changed the settings on the server for the user whose mailbox was also on the same server. Without knowning much about your setup, it's hard to tell. But, changes do have to replicate...

How to show an error when time out is less than time in.
I have a form in which we enter the time in (set as Medium Time) and time out (set as Medium Time) and then another box I have a formula (=[Time Out]-[Time In]) which shows the time spent. Is there a way to have an error window pop up if the time out is before the time in? Or someway to stop an entry being made? -- Thanks, Joy Use the form's BeforeUpdate event to test the conditions: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me.[Time Out].Value & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "You must enter a value for the Time Out data!" Cancel = True ElseIf ...

Receiving Transaction Entry
In Dynamics Version 8.0 Purchasing Module, when in the Receiving Transaction Entry(Shipments) there is an Auto/Rcv button at the top of this screen. This then takes you into a screen that displays all of the purchase orders on the left side that have material on them that is waiting to be received. To the right there is the Mark All button. Users shouldn't should be able to use the Mark All button if a specific purchase order hasn't been highlighted or selected in the left column. There needs to be more control for this function as this leaves too much room for errors that...

Any way to show / hide sheets
I need a way, when i open a workbook, to hide all sheets till the user enter the correct password. When the user enter the password i want be able to show all sheets. Please, someone can help me? Thanks On May 6, 8:34=A0pm, SteAXA <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need a way, when i open a workbook, to hide all sheets till the user en= ter > the correct password. > When the user enter the password i want be able to show all sheets. > Please, someone can help me? > Thanks I tried the following to make a sheet hidden Try same with some modificatio...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions
I have a balancing problem. The ending cash balance on the Investment Transactions register and the Cash Transactions register for the same investment account does match. The balance in the Cash Transactions register matches the bank statement. The cash balance that shows up in the portfolio for this Investment account is the balance on the Investment transactions register. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on how to fix? I have run the quick file repair and the standard file repair and neither worked. You help would be appreciated. Mark Probably my problem, Mark, bu...

"Show in folder" never works
Several applications on my system have a "Show in folder" option. None of them work, though they did in the past. The applications include most browsers, for example. It is unlikely that they are all ding something wrong. I presume they are just launching explore.exe with suitable parameters. There's nothing wrong with explore.exe on my system as far as I can tell (other than this problem). Any suggestions? -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk "Swifty" <steve.j.swift@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f...

show number of unread items not working
show number of unread items not working is not working for my public folders. The indicator is set to show this but for some reason it is not working. Can anyone help? ...

Money Investment QIF import error for Option transactions
I am having trouble importing option transactions within a QIF file. I have narrowed this down to the file and/or process as I've used 2 versions of Money (2003 Deluxe and 2004 Small Business). I tried my normal data file and a new, empty file. Importing a variety of option transactions -- Buy to Open, Sell to Open, Sell to Close, and Buy to Close -- all yielded the same error. I also tried old, expired contracts as well as current option contracts. I am pretty sure that I have imported Option trades like this before, but it has been several months so I cannot remember if I ...

How to reconcile unread transactions in Money 2004 Std
I did that all the time in Money 2003 and 2001. The same steps are still in the help menu. Click the account with the downloaded transaction, in the left pane, click Reconcile transactions, and then click Accept all transactions, click ok. Only this time there is no Reconcile transaction to click on the left pane. I tried to go to the Review investment activity page by clicking on the Transaction to Read link on the account page and see if I can the Reconcile transactions link on the left pane. No luck.. it just seems to disappear. I know there is an option to automatically reconcil...

Border is formatted but not showing or printing
Please help... I have a border running around a form, but there is one cell that wil not hold the format (border). When I look at the cell in format (border) the border is set (on th right side) but it does not show on the form itself nor will it print. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks for the help, but I found out what happened... There was text to the left (about 5 coulmns over) that had spaces a the end which overlapped the border causing it to not show -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Sort by Invoice Number/Payment Number
In the Inquiry -> Purchasing -> Transactions by Vendor window Many of our customers would like the associated INV type and PMT type to sort together, not sort by document number, document date or document type. The invoice # and check # are usually different, as are the invoice date and the check date. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

How do I get a cell to show a number like 001?
TIA. Rich. Fomrat / Cells / Custom / 000 or format the cells as text, or precede entry with an apostrophe, but these last two convert the data to text as opposed to numeric. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Richard" <knot@good.com> wrote in message news:uTozH$9JEHA...

Show all mail data
Is there a plug-in or third party product that let you easily see all the raw mail data like header and body. In outlook I only could see the header, but not the body, by viewing the properties of a message. /T ...

How do I get years to show on x-axis?
I am plotting two time series lines on a line graph (they show up as a single line, solid for the actuals and dotted for the forecast): Yr. TS-1(actuals ) TS-2 (forecast) ----- ---------------- ------------------ 2001 value1 2002 value 2 2003 value 3 value 3 2004 value 4 2005 value 5 When I plot this, I get consecutive numbers (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) instead of years as labels on the x-axis. How do I fix this? THANKS! Clear the top left cell, then make the chart. This helps Excel decide what to...

Show list of data from query than can be selected.
I'm wanting to have a list with my subform that lists all of the table entries for a particular individual (contact log). Easy enough with a filtered query. Problem is that I want to be able to select a record from that (synopsis) list and have that record made as the current record in the sub-form, so that the record is easier to update. Hope that makes sense. If it helps, when you select a record in a continuous form or SubForm, that record becomes the current record of that form. piperhayes wrote: >I'm wanting to have a list with my subform that lists all of the table &...

Some letters show up as a square
I'm designing a business card. However, when I type the letter "v", a square box appears instead of the letter try a different font "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9A4562B-BF91-4CCB-B099-BDA02A19D216@microsoft.com... | I'm designing a business card. However, when I type the letter "v", a square | box appears instead of the letter i did, and the letter "v" types correctly "Rob Giordano (Crash)" wrote: > try a different font > > > "steve" <steve@discussions.micr...

Duplicate Payments on Historical Aged TB
I have this situation where duplicate payments are appearing on the AP Aging for one particular vendor. One payment is ligitimate which clears out the invoice, but a duplicate payment appears that puts the invoice into an overpayment situation. This happens for several invoices for the same vendor. The client swears that the duplicate payments were not initiated by them. So the situation is I have duplicate payments for the same invoice, one ligit the other bogus. The duplicate payment(s) all have the same PMT number and I can't drill down on the source document. Any ideas how ...

Highlighting a word when it shows up on a report
Hello experts. This may be wishful thinking, but can access do the following: Potential scenario... lets say I have a table with 5 fields and the data in each field is at least an entire sentence (excluding a PK). I run a report that displays each of the 5 fields and the data in each. The record source of this report is a select query that finds all the records Where [FieldName] LIKE "*Some Word*". For example, say the word is "ship". This report will find all the records where "ship" appears in any of those fields. My question is...is the...