Why is Money adding $101 as "Debt" in my budget?

I can't understand this and it is INCREDIBLY frustrating. I'm trying to set
my budget in Microsoft Money 2005 and everything else seems to be working
fine.

I have a "Debt" category when I am editing my budget, and it has only one
subcategory in it: a monthly payment for a student loan for $145.04.
Everything on this screen looks great.

Then when I click the Budget vs. Spending link and look at how I am doing,
it shows a single "Debt" heading under my "Debt category" with a budget of
246.04/month.

Where is this $101 coming from? When I check the total budget under the
"Edit Budget" option I come out to one amount (which is accurate). But then
under this Budget vs. Spending option, it again shows my budget with this
additional $101.

Like I said, this is especially frustrating since I can't see a) WHY Money
is adding $101 to my budget under this mystery "Debt" category, and b) how I
can get rid of it.

Thanks.
0
Krawnight (2)
1/21/2008 9:14:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

P.S. I am using the Advanced Budget option.

"Krawnight" wrote:

> I can't understand this and it is INCREDIBLY frustrating. I'm trying to set
> my budget in Microsoft Money 2005 and everything else seems to be working
> fine.
>
> I have a "Debt" category when I am editing my budget, and it has only one
> subcategory in it: a monthly payment for a student loan for $145.04.
> Everything on this screen looks great.
>
> Then when I click the Budget vs. Spending link and look at how I am doing,
> it shows a single "Debt" heading under my "Debt category" with a budget of
> 246.04/month.
>
> Where is this $101 coming from? When I check the total budget under the
> "Edit Budget" option I come out to one amount (which is accurate). But then
> under this Budget vs. Spending option, it again shows my budget with this
> additional $101.
>
> Like I said, this is especially frustrating since I can't see a) WHY Money
> is adding $101 to my budget under this mystery "Debt" category, and b) how I
> can get rid of it.
>
> Thanks.
0
Krawnight (2)
1/21/2008 9:24:00 AM
Not sure if this is your cause or not, but when setting up the budget, you
specify how much you spend per month. When Money then calculates your
budget, it does so based on a 4 week month. However, when the budget is
displayed to you, it bases its numbers on the number of days in the month
displayed. This usually means that it looks like there is a discrepancy in
your numbers.

However, I don't see how $145 prorated over 31 days from 4 weeks would add
another $101. You can try removing the monthly payment from you budget and
see what happens. If it still shows a debt of $101, it might give you an
indication as to where it is coming from then.

- Merg

--
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

"Krawnight" <Krawnight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> P.S. I am using the Advanced Budget option.
>
> "Krawnight" wrote:
>
>> I can't understand this and it is INCREDIBLY frustrating. I'm trying to
>> set
>> my budget in Microsoft Money 2005 and everything else seems to be working
>> fine.
>>
>> I have a "Debt" category when I am editing my budget, and it has only one
>> subcategory in it: a monthly payment for a student loan for $145.04.
>> Everything on this screen looks great.
>>
>> Then when I click the Budget vs. Spending link and look at how I am
>> doing,
>> it shows a single "Debt" heading under my "Debt category" with a budget
>> of
>> 246.04/month.
>>
>> Where is this $101 coming from? When I check the total budget under the
>> "Edit Budget" option I come out to one amount (which is accurate). But
>> then
>> under this Budget vs. Spending option, it again shows my budget with this
>> additional $101.
>>
>> Like I said, this is especially frustrating since I can't see a) WHY
>> Money
>> is adding $101 to my budget under this mystery "Debt" category, and b)
>> how I
>> can get rid of it.
>>
>> Thanks.

Debt reduction planner
I am trying to use the debt reduction planner to transfer money from my current account to a debit account when I transferred my debt (lower interest rate). I have been paying 100 a month into this account. I just tried to run the planner and schedule 100 a month, but the planner returns a first payment of almost half of the debt, which would make my current/checking account in the red next month, folllowed by monthly payments of 100. Why is it doing this? I havent' scheduled any extra payments. If I move it out of the planner then the scheduled big transaction disappears thanks for an...

Get Gazelle Intense about your debt! Debt is dumb.
based on dave ramsey's book of the same name. borrowing more money won't help. consolidation won't either. you need a Total money makeover! http://gazelleintense.freeforums.org a free site, free service... no ads ...

Debt Planner
If I want to pay $1700 per month, why does the debt planner use the minimum amount ($520) for the first six months? There is plenty of money available in my budget. ...

How to know monthly amount for debt planner and cash flow forecast
Here is the question: Hopefully I can make this make sense..... When you use the debt planner to include debt such as credit cards, loans, etc, then you get to the page for "Define your payment plan" in the section at the top where you can either enter in the date you want to be out of debt or the amount you want to pay each month, how can you know how much you can afford to pay? If there were a snapshot of say the cash flow chart, and as you moved the slider representing either the date to be out of debt or the monthly payment amount, you could dial it in to wherever you wa...

Debt Reduction Planner-Money 2005 Deluxe
Hi I have reviewed the threads re: DRP problem where incorrect amount is carried accross into the payment schedule. i.e: you choose fixed value of say $ 3000.00 monthly - in the payment schedule it reflects a value of $18000.00. There is mention of resetting the DRP by going to tools then settings then planner - reset planner. Problem I have is that knowhere do I find the option to reset DRP in Money 2005 Deluxe. Please - is anybody able to assist??? ...

Debt reduction figure in the budget planner
I worked up a debt reduction plan along with a monthly budget. Our debt reduction plan comes out to $1500.00/mo. which includes our mortgage payment, school loan payment,etc. (everything we want to pay off ASAP). That same figure shows up at the top of our Budget Expenses page, but our mortgage, school loans aan everything in our debt reduction planner is listed AGAIN later on in the Budget Expenses. I did the math and it seems that the Budget Planner is deducting our debts TWICE. If that is the case, how do I fix it? If I'm misreading this somehow, could someone please clear i...

interest calculation on variable debt needed
Hi all, hope there's someone out there that has needed to do this I need to run a loan / credit account, the amount of which has the ability to go either up or down due to capital payments or drawdowns therefore it is not an amortised loan, but kind of works as if I am running a credit card..... credit cards don't seem to work out future interest, and loans only allow you to amortise one loan please help am guessing the answer is "you can't do that" then seeing as no response "Stevo" wrote: > Hi all, > > hope there's someone out there th...

Debt Reduction Planner #19
I was messing with the "Debt Reduction Planner". Now, my budget shows a line item for the debt reduction (and corresponding amount) even though I de-selected the debt account from the Debt Plan (so all the accounts are listed under "debt accounts not in debt plan". Why is the debt reduction amount still listed in the Budget even though I've dropped it back down to the other debt accounts not in the debt plan. Please ignore my question. I got out of it, came back in, and it was gone. Sorry. "Becky" wrote: > I was messing with the "Debt Reducti...

Reliable Debt Settlement Company
When you are looking to get relief from your debt problems, a lot of people tend to feel that the only good solution is to go about getting credit counseling or to even file for bankruptcy. What a lot of these people do not realize is that there is a little known about process that is known as debt settlement program. The goal of debt settlement plan is to allow you to not only meet the requirements and needs of your creditors for less than what they say that you owe them but to also save you as much cash as possible throughout the process of it. By utilizing debt settlement program offered t...

Can I disable the debt reduction planner?
I am having an issue with my budget and the debt reduction planner in Money 2003. I hate it and don't want to use it at all. Is there any way I can disable it? Thanks Unless I'm missing something obvious, simply move all accounts out of it. Since your question provides no details of your 'issue' at all, no one will be able to provide much better advice than that. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Don" <donlafrance@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Iq2cnZMOTr9JB5WiXTWJhw@comcast.com... > I am having an issue with my budget and the debt reduction planner...

Wacky Debt Reduction Planner Results
With Standard Money 2003. Is anyone seeing this? The Debt Reduction Planner calculates payments and terms incorrectly?? Is there a fix? Try resetting the DRP. Tools, Options, Planner, Reset Debt Plan. "Rob" <rliebeskind@isys.tv> wrote in message news:07cb01c34c55$3a014a00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > With Standard Money 2003. Is anyone seeing this? The > Debt Reduction Planner calculates payments and terms > incorrectly?? Is there a fix? ...

Money 2002, Budget-special debt??
When I create a budget on Money '02, it automatically inserts a debt budget of $2018.00 in the "Special" catagory. Where is this coming from and how do I get rid of it??? Thanks, Ben. You can't get rid of it. It's scheduled loan payments or Debt Reduction Planner stuff. It's not bad, if you understand what it is. Just don't duplicate the expenses by adding budget expenses for loan interest, etc. Anything paid in those scheduled payments, including escrow transfers, is included in that special category. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Ben" <...

Debt Reduction Planner #8
I have an Automobile in the debt reduction planner and it shows i made a 4000 payment this month when i didn't. My payments are recorded accurately. It shows up just in the debt reduction planner. Any Ideas how to make the Debt reduction planner not display a 4000 payment. Its like it was done automatically. Both sliding bars are set to 0 and it still shows a payment of 4000 TIA -- Stephen and Erica Chenelle I have the same problem!! I tried to set up 5 credit card accounts in the Debt Reduction Planner, but it has me making a HUGE baloon payment on one account right up front...

Mortgage debt counted twice in budget
I am using MS Money 2004 and its counting the mortgage twice in my monthly budget. I have checked the bill planner and when I setup the budget and it was only being counted once at that point. How do I get rid of the double counting issue. I have read some of the earlier posts, but they don't make sense to me. HELP!! I have nothing setup in the debt reduction planner. Thx ...

Cash Flow, Debt Reduction, and Bills
Greetings, I am trying to understand MS Money 2007 in the way I can accoplish things. My ultimate goal is accuracy of the Cash Flow Forecast. First, here is how things are setup: * I have a checking, savings, and a credit card. * I use my credit card for nearly all expenses - minus some bills we can't pay with Credit Card. * I pay off the balance of this credit card every month. * I am currently using the advanced budget which seems to work pretty good. I have recurring bills that are yearly or every 6 months that are rather sizeable and are setup in the Bills. These bills I pay wit...

Too Much Debt???
http://www.toomuchdebt.INFO ...

Money2003 Debt Reduction Planner
OK, have an account in my Debt Reduction Planner. When defining my payment plan I put in $600.00 a month, 0.00 for a one time extra payment. When I click NEXT and go to the View Your Debt Plan it has somehow put in a payment of $6,900.00 for the first of the next month. This, of course, gets me out of debt way sooner that it will be. Any clues as to why it is taking the liberty of setting my first payment at $6,900.00 and the rest of them at $600.00 as I entered? Thanks! ...

Reported Amount if Budgeted Debt Payments Are Overstated on "Review Your Budget Status" Screen
I have three recurring debt payments that I have set up in the "Bills & Deposits" area of Money 2004 Deluxe. So far so good. The problem is that when I click on "Budget" to go to the "Review Your Current Budget Status" screen, the amount of reported budgeted debt payments is overstated by the amount of my mortgage payment. In other words, the "Review Your Current Budget Status" report is double-counting my mortgage payment. The strange thing is that if I click on "Expenses" in the "Review Your Current Budget Status" report,...

Debt Reduction Planner #4
I need help determining why my debt reduction planner is not working properly. The situation is do to a conflict with how much I plan to pay off each month on my credit card debt. For example, let's just say that I have a $1000 balance on my credit card. I want to pay a hundred dollars toward it for the month. In theory, the planner will tell me how long it will take to pay off the entire balance. What is actually happening is that it tells me that the entire balance will be paid by the end of this month. I've changed the amount I wish to pay from $0 to $3000 and it still...

HELP! Balloon Payments in Debt Reduction
I have had this problem for so long it is getting really frustrating. When I put a debt into the debt reduction plan, it always puts a balloon payment on my first payment. Then, if I don't make that payment, it just builds and builds and builds with each subsequent payment I do make. How do I get rid of this? I removed the debt from my reduction plan the first time and that cleared it. But, the moment I started paying on the debt, it returned. Now, it's to the point that I can't get rid of it at all. When I remove the debt from the plan, it will do the same thing w...

Debt Reduction Question
I am trying to set up my debt reduction and even when I give it a max payment per month it wants to pay my credit balance off in the first month. I am using 2004. Seems I did this before in 2003 and didn't have this problem. Is there something I am forgetting to set. I do not have the account info to pay bal each period. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to set up my debt reduction and even when I >give it a max payment per month it wants to pay my credit >balance off in the first month. I am using 2004. Seems >I did this before in 2003 and didn't...

Debt Reduction Planner #14
I am using the Money 2005 Trial version (international). I want to reset the Debt Reduction Planner because it returns a huge and crazy amount. I tried to follow the path Tools -> settings -> ... but I do not find how to reset it. Is it possible by using the trial version? Many thanks in advance Luigi Tools > Settings > Planner options > Reset planner. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for U...

Money 2005 Budget/Debt Issue
Hi all, I am having an issue with the Budget Planner. For some reason, my car loan payment is showing up twice under the debt section. I have seen solutions (make a temp category; find and replace; etc) for other items in the budget...specifically bills, but never for a debt payment which is a section you can't delete. I have an account called Car Loan and must have changed the terms at some point or another because it is deducted twice from the budget, even though it is only in Bills and Deposits once. Also, it has been removed from the DRP so its not coming from that. Any he...

Credit Card Debt

Become Debt Free In 30 Days
Become Debt Free In 30 Days TURN A $10 INCOME INTO THOUSANDS MONTHLY. Impossible? Oprah Winfrey, 20/20 and the Wall Street Journal put it through a test to prove it wouldn't work. But the FundingActivity did work and the experts admitted they were wrong! Thousands of people are quietly building small fortunes with this simple $10 strategy. The question is... Do you have the "guts" to prove it will work for you? You don't have to win a lottery to be financially free! A few minutes of your time is all it takes after clicking on this link: http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/...