Why does MS Money sometimes add items up in split categories?!

I've used MS Money for many years.  One of my biggest problems with it is
that sometimes, for reasons I have NEVER been able to figure out, when
entering the Split mode for itemizing a transaction, it will stop
subtracting from the total entered, but will instead reset the total of the
amount to $0.00 and add things up.

Why does it do that?!  I'm using MS Money Deluxe 2006, and it STILL does
that sometimes.

Rod

0
Rod9506 (98)
6/12/2006 5:34:42 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I **think** it depends on whether you specified the transaction total when
entering/editing this transaction. I.e., if you are editing/entering a
transaction that starts out (is scheduled that way or was auto-completed
that way based on a prior transaction) and go straight into the split, it
assumes the total of the split is what you want, regardless of the original
total of the transaction. OTOH, if you put in a new total and then click on
split, it will enforce the total you just entered. That's all a guess based
on my guess of the issue you pose and my experience-based guess of what's
going on.

"Rod" <Rod@NO.SPAM> wrote in message
> I've used MS Money for many years.  One of my biggest problems with it is
> that sometimes, for reasons I have NEVER been able to figure out, when
> entering the Split mode for itemizing a transaction, it will stop
> subtracting from the total entered, but will instead reset the total of
the
> amount to $0.00 and add things up.
>
> Why does it do that?!  I'm using MS Money Deluxe 2006, and it STILL does
> that sometimes.
>
> Rod

Why do forms sometimes minimize on their own?
I have 2 forms. The first one is opened with docmd.maximize. I click on a button on this form which opens a second form. I do some stuff and then I close the second form. The first form is still there but it appears as if it has shrunk some and is not maximized in the database pane. How can I correct this? Robert The standard Windows behaviour for an MDI application (which is what Access is) is that *all* windows are maximised, or they are *all* 'normal'. If you 'restore' a maximised window to it's 'normal' size, then all other maximised windows w...

Ability to create an item type that can be purchased but not sold
Need the ability to catagorize an item so that it can not be sold. For instance, a base part is purchased and then modified into the final product. Only the final product should be sold, but I still need to purchase the base item. Currently I do not see a fool-proof way of limiting an item from being sold. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in ...

Money express 2002 setup
Money express 2002 setup started after SP2 installation completed. Try to cancel it but is says you must close out of money express first. But it isn't running. -- -- Diana ...

MS Outlook 2007 #3
I have had the MS Office 2007 Professional for about a year now and really like it. It also has the SP2 installed. It has been kind of acting funny now for about 4 months abd today the computer locked up and shut down while my wife was reading her e-mail. When I rebooted all of Office programs work except the Outlook portion. It starts to come up but then I get an error that it cannot open up the Outlook window. I tried to run the repair from the disk. Doesn't work! Then I removed the entire Office 2007 package and reloaded it complete with the SP2. Everthing works but I still get ...

How do I add a second axis to a graph with 2 data series?
I am creating a graph in Excel 2002 with 2 data series (bone mets and no bone mets). I need to add a second y-axis to the graph, but when I follow the excel Help directions, it removes one of my data series from the graph (ie, it can no longer be viewed). Is it possible that the two scales are such that one series is on top of the other? Try formatting one y-axis and change the value of Min. best wishes Bernard "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FA04148-B742-4ADC-A1AD-50CAC507BABF@microsoft.com... >I am creating a graph in Excel 2002 wit...

Microsoft Money Small Business 2005
I was just wondering if it was possible to simply enter journal entries for accrued expenses such as depreciation, etc. without having to use a cash account. Basically, I do not want my net worth to reflect these types of expenses. Is there a way to enter these just so they will show up and accrue on my income statement? ...

money downloads
When trying to download my statements on microsoft money, my bank balance changes but it doesn't show my cleared transactions. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks! ...

Loaning someone money
Currently using Money 2005 premium. This is a two-part question. 1. I have a car that is listed as an asset, however I just sold it and am financing the buyer. How do I convert this to a loan when I'm the one carrying the loan? 2. Sort of the same question as above, however, no asset involved. Just a regular loan with compounding interest that I am carrying. Any help is appreciated. 1) follow the advice, more or less, from http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=110 to convert the existing loan and asset to cash and no loan. Take the cash and transfer it to a new asset account named Lo...

TMP FILE TYPE!!!!!! MS SUX
When I run reports and then EXPORT and use the EMAIL option the file is placed in outlook express as a TMP file type instead of HTML, CSV or TXT. When I receive the email Outlook says that "Outlook blocked access...." Upon further research TMP is a permanently blocked file type and cannot be changed! Nice collaboration effort Micro$oft! Is there a way to change the export file type extenstion to the CORRECT extension(s). You'd assume if you want to send a CSV file that RMS would create a filename.csv but instead you get a Q??##.TMP. Anyone? Any help? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR...

Demo Money file?
Does anyone have a demo money file I can use to show my friend how account balance sheets and stuff look, and what features are in it, without having to show my fanancia information and stuff? In microsoft.public.money, mmm, Pie wrote: >Does anyone have a demo money file I can use to show my friend how account >balance sheets and stuff look, and what features are in it, without having >to show my fanancia information and stuff? > Find sample.mny on your system. It would be in the Program Files. You can use Start->Find to find it. Double-click after the find, and that should...

How to quickly reallocate budget items to following month?
Hi all... I am using Money 2005 (Canadian) I keep my budget using Money and like to keep up to date monthly. I print out a monthly report. Following this, I'd like to re-allocate funds from the previous month to the current month so that if I spend less than budgeted I can spend it the following month on the same category, or if I spend too much, it comes out of the following month's budget. Right now, I seem to have to go through each category and re-allocate the funds manually. This is very time consuming. Is there an automatic way of doing this same thing? There should b...

Using Money On a Network
I read an online FAQ that said this is fine as long as it's only open on one PC at a time ... but for some reason we cannot get this to work. Here's our setup: - Money Installed on my Laptop and Husband's PC. - My Money file saved on my Laptop in a shared folder Why is it that my Husband cannot open this file from his PC? Suggestions? Tips? Pointer? Thanks so much! What version of Money? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micro...

MS Money 2007 has grey border under Vista
For some reason Money has an ugly thick grey border under Vista. Anyone know how to get rid of it? Maximize the application. Yeah. I know you shouldn't have to do that to make Money look like any other application. This is another one of many dumb (imo) features of Money. I cannot, for the life of me, understand why Microsoft allows (encourages?) the people who manage this application to flout all of Microsoft's own rules about user interfaces and integration with the OS. The darned thing just doesn't behave right. If it at least did it's job without all of the quirki...

bulk add email forwarders
I need to setup contacts (accounts setup to forward to external email addresses). I have about 112, so I was hoping there was a way to 'bulk' add these. Any hints/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated. -- Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my lack of caffeine. Mike Brearley 1) Script (http://computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/WSH_Contact.htm#Creating%20the%20Contact%20=%20SalesMan) 2) ADModify (more info at: http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/404...

All my Calendar items have dissappeared
Hello All, I use outlook 2002 on windows xp home and noticed this morning that all of my calendar is erased for some reason. Not sure what caused this. Could it be the new year? I haven't loaded any new software or done anything unusual so I am not sure what happened. shezageek wrote: > Hello All, > > I use outlook 2002 on windows xp home and noticed this morning that > all of my calendar is erased for some reason. Not sure what caused > this. Could it be the new year? I haven't loaded any new software or > done anything unusual so I am not sure what happened....

Outlook 2003 and MS Word as Editor
One of our users has MS Office 2003 installed on his laptop. If he tries to use MS Word 2003 as his editor for reading and replying, Outlook appears to hang. After several minutes (at least 5), it looks like Outlook is still trying to load Word as the editor, but nothing happens. The user has to end the task. If we deselect the options to use Word 2003 as the editor, the system responds appropriately. Any ideas? I have another problem with this configuration. When I tried to reply a mail or send a new one, the window of the mail are closed. I deselect the options too and it work ...

Money vs Financial Institution
My financial institution has direct statement, but requires 6 or more digit password, and money reqires a 4 digit pin. How do I fix this so that when I start money my bank statement download automatic. I have other accts setup, but money does not put a limit on their password. I upgraded from Money 2001, so far I have not seen the benefits of the upgrade. thks Skeeter The Money Online statement PIN/Password for a given bank is frequently different than the ATM PIN/ web site password for the exact same bank. Money is likely just quoting/enforcing the restrictions that the bank has told ...

Quicken to Money transaction download
I have converted to Money from Quicken. When I download my data from Banks and Brokers, if Money is like Quicken in this respect, it will be a nightmare. The data download will probably be for six months and be dumped on top of the data (several years) that is already in the account. In Quicken this results in hundreds of "Matches" and "News" that I usually manage to somehow screw up. Can anyone give me a step by step of how to do this in Money? I can't find anything in Help that covers this problem. Thanks, Bill Saxon In microsoft.public.money, Bill Saxon wrote:...

Add Watch
MAC Powerbook G4, OS 10.5.8 Office 2004, Excel 2004 Version 11.5.6 Is ADD WATCH available in VBA on the MAC? If yes, I can't find it. ...

money 2005 account updates
Is there a way to update account information via the internet, on Money 2005, now that it is out of support? I can't seem to find a way, even though I get a message saying something about "background banking." thx, In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote: >Is there a way to update account information via the internet, on Money 2005, >now that it is out of support? I can't seem to find a way, even though I get >a message saying something about "background banking." Have you tried File->Import of web statements from your FI? I have been able to ma...

MS Office Outlook is not responding
Office Outlook has ceased to open when I attempt to open it by any of means available. I get the message "MS Office Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests... etc." I am not aware of using an Exchange server e-mail account, and have tried to ascertain whether I am, to no avail. I have removed and reinstalled the entire Office (2003) program, but this has not solved the problem. Any ideas? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable...

Checking which customers bought a specific item?
Is there any way to see which customer bought a specific item? I guess I can do an item movement report which shows everything between two dates... but is there a way to select a specific item and just list all customers who bought it? Zorian, Filter the Detailed Sales report to the one item in question. Then un-hide the "Customer" column. If customers were assigned to each transaction, you should be able to see who bought what. Good luck, Matt "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E9F6738-CEFB-4CDF-8675-5DB903136B51@microsoft...

Random hroup of items on sale for a specified period
As an offshoot to the other topic about wizard-based time-specific price changes.......... I use tried to use the wizard for a specific group of items and found that I could only use it for entire departments. I wound up using the Pricing tab in the Item Properies window to set the "Thius Item On Sale" flags for the start and stop dates for each item This worked perfectly (items came off-sale as scheduled) But....... it was very time consuming Is there an easier way to do it when the items are 'random'.? -- WineGuy Not really. You can select items by department/...

How to remove an ADD-IN
I installed a couple of Excel add-ins for Gant chart stuff. I no longer need them, plus Excel can't find a file related to them at startup. I can't figure out how to UNINSTALL an addin. Any suggestions? TNX Elliot, Delete the XLA file. Then, start Excel and go to the Tools menu and choose Add-Ins. There, check the add-in that you just deleted. Excel will information you that it can't find the file, and ask whether to delete from the list. Click Yes. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Elliott Alterma...

Way to combine same scanned items in POS and Manager POs?
Hi, is there a way in POS and/or Manager purchase orders to have the quantity of an item incremented when the same item is scanned multiple times instead of putting singles of the same item on receipts and POs multiple times? Skyler Lister Aley Yorba Linda Feed Store Skyler, no it is not possible to consolidate mutiple scans of the scam item on the screen or receipt. There may be an add-in that will handle this, but RMS out of the box will not do this. Kinnard Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-37...