When will Money for PPC support Int dates????

Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.

Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

0
boxall_W (2)
1/26/2005 2:58:50 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I
wouldn't be holding my breath.

"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>
> Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb.

message news:%23m2EVb1AFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC,
> wouldn't be holding my breath.
>
> "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
> >
> > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

0
boxall_W (2)
1/26/2005 7:10:22 AM
It's not hard at all, but the overheads of stocking two variants, printing
two sets of boxes, manuals etc etc mean that, unless sales go through the
roof, we aren't gonna see it.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

> BUT how hard is it. NO other app is so date dumb.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%23m2EVb1AFHA.608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for
>> PPC,
>> wouldn't be holding my breath.
>>
>> "Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> > Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>> >
>> > Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
1/26/2005 7:59:48 AM
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:28:41 -0700, "Dick Watson"
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:

>When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC, I
>wouldn't be holding my breath.
>
>"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>>
>> Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!

Why wouldn't it use the Windows date setting for your region?
Because the date format is hard coded into the program - has been for years.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or
http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send
Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:28:41 -0700, "Dick Watson"
> <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:
>
>>When? Well, given how much money Microsoft is making off of Money for PPC,
>>wouldn't be holding my breath.
>>
>>"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Only app I know that only uses US dates. VERY annoying.
>>>
>>> Even the latest (2005) still ONLY uses US dates!
>>>

> Why wouldn't it use the Windows date setting for your region?

0
glyn1 (1534)
> It's not hard at all, but the overheads of stocking two variants, printing
> two sets of boxes, manuals etc etc mean that, unless sales go through the
> roof, we aren't gonna see it.

But Bob, the PPC application is a download from the pocketpc site - it is
not packaged surely ?

David

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:09:18 -0000, "Glyn Simpson, MVP"
<glyn@serf.org> wrote:

>Because the date format is hard coded into the program - has been for years.
So why don't they just remove it and use the windows default?  Other
programs do it, why not Money?

Probably nobody here knows.

> So why don't they just remove it and use the windows default?  Other
> programs do it, why not Money?

p.s., it might be because they just plain don't care.

"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So why don't they just remove it and use the windows default?  Other
> programs do it, why not Money?

Ooops! But maintaining two (or more variants) is an extra overhead.

--

"David Cleland" <davidcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ..
>> It's not hard at all, but the overheads of stocking two variants,
>> printing two sets of boxes, manuals etc etc mean that, unless sales go
>> through the roof, we aren't gonna see it.
>

> But Bob, the PPC application is a download from the pocketpc site - it is
> not packaged surely ?
>
> David

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)

Date issue
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!A:A="Alkalume 143")*(Sheet1!B:B="January"),Sheet1! D:D) Is there a way to format Sheet1!B:B as an ACTUAL DATE with days, like 1/5/2011 and still work the same. Currently I have Column B formatted as text and Column C (the day) formatted as text. It works okay this way but kind of sloppy. Thanks in advance for any help!!! You still can't use the entire column in xl2003 and below. =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!A1:A111="Alkalume 143"), --(month(Sheet1!B1:B111)=1), Sheet1!D1:D111) If you wanted to just check January of ...

Report Server Date Discrepancy with CRM Display
Hi All, I have just uploaded one report using Microsoft CRM. Everything works fine, except modified date which is displayed in CRM Report Grid for this report is tomorrow's date. I think it happens because of how CRM manage UTC time and it thinks that Report server's date is in UTC format. All user's setting in Microsoft CRM is UTC+8 (including user who uploads the report). CRM and Database (+ Report) server is located on different physical servers, which their time zone setting have been configured to GMT+8. For example: Upload Report: 08 March 2007 18:30 (Local Time/UTC+8) Crea...

Date formulas #2
Cell A1 = due date. Need cell B1 to highlight in color if due date is < today's date. What formula can I use to do this? You can use CF See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html Select B1 Use this formula in CF =A1<today() -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Cachod1" <Cachod1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2D5A53E-0C25-4460-9883-3AE4E5C2166A@microsoft.com... > Cell A1 = due date. Need cell B1 to highlight in color if due date is < > today's date. What formula can I use to do this? > ...

2016 date bug...
We are experiencing incorrect year being reported by Win CE 4.2 OS. Occasionally the year will be 2016 instead of 2010. Has anyone else seen this? Any medical device manufacturers out there experiencing the same problem? The issue is that when you read the RTC at the top of the minute (Seconds are :00) the year reads 2016. Also in 2011 it will read 2017 etc What we also discovered is that in 2020 it will read 2032. So it appears there is a x16 and not a x10 on the second digit of the year. Again this only happens when your application software calls the RTC when the seconds are ...

Autocomplete -Date
If I enter the following date on today (Nov 30, 2009) 2/15 the date that is entered is 2/15/2009. Is there anyway to get Excel to default to entering 2/15/2010, in other words not complete the date with the current calendar year but rather select the year of the next occurence of the MM/DD? John Keith kd0gd@juno.com You can either enter this formula in a separate cell: =DATE(YEAR(A1)+(A1<TODAY()),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) or install this change event sub if you want the result in the input cell: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents ...

Charts/ Graphs and Dates Trouble
Charts/ Graphs and Dates Trouble -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Folks; I'm working on a spreadsheet where I have the need to add graphs from live information in the spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is being asked to stand alone as a Template that any Job Document can be imported into, and various data will fill into a "Project At A Glimpse" page that will drive form other cells on other pages, and fill in cells involved in tables to create about 6 charts/graphs. I've dutifully made tables for the information needed, but th...

Excel XP
Hi, Firstly let me say that I'm not even sure if this is possible! I have 2 columns of numbers, I have the formula to divide one column by another to produce a whole number: =ROUNDUP((A2/B2),0) this is fine. The number produced as a resut of this is displayed in column 3 and this number is a week number (where the week number is the first Monday in every month). In a 4th column, I would like to have the week number displayed as a date. For example: 1 would be 6 January 2003 2 would be 13 January 2003 3 would be 20 January 2003 right through to:- 52 would be 29 December 2003 I had t...

MS Money 2003/Categories
How can I remove Moneys standard categories from the category list? ...

data travelling through status changes and iterated weekly reporting (based on dates)
Hi, I am having trouble understanding if MS ACCESS supports reporting on a weekly basis, based on data that is delivered in a incremental file (updated weekly) where data travels through status changes based on date fields that are populated. I will give an example. FILE1: WEEK 3 - current status report (date 15-jan) rec_id | prod_date | trans_date | deliv_date | calculated status 1 1-jan 4-jan 6- jan | delivered 1 1-jan 6-jan 12- jan | delivered 1...

Why is word adding &#1081;&#1080;&#1083; to dates in my footnotes?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to write my thesis, and my footnotes keep adding &amp;#1081;&amp;#1080;&amp;#1083; to my dates. I turned off the &quot;match font with keyboard&quot; box, as per a previous discussion, but they're still there. Any ideas? I really do not want to manually edit every citation... Hi, are you using Word's bibliography feature? There is some sort of bug in it that has yet to be fixed. It normally manifests itself by adding Cyrillic characters into a citation. O...

How do you cancel a Work Order and refund money?
Is there any way to void or cancel a Work Order and refund money without having to complete the work order and charge the remaining balance only to then go back and void the transaction? After all, requiring to complete the 50% balance will cost extra in credit card merchant fees plus it seems like extra work. Isn't there a "void" function for work orders to make it quick and easy? Zorian, Recall the workorder | delete the item(s) from the workorder | F12 | Save changes | determine how much of the deposit you are going to keep, (0.00 if returning it all to the customer...

Money 2005
Unlike previous versions, Money 2005 seems to update stock prices every time I load the software. I prefer to update my stock prices manually every week. Is there a way to STOP the automatic updates, and have it done manually???? Apparently Microsoft thought most users preferred it this way. "enrogue" <enrogue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90CB4D24-7AF3-4ABA-840A-CA5EB4045AD5@microsoft.com... > Unlike previous versions, Money 2005 seems to update stock prices every > time > I load the software. I prefer to update my stock prices manually every ...

Reported Positions don't match Money Account
I've been downloading my stock portfolio details for years with no problem. For some reason one of my brokerage accounts has gotten out of whack - Money is reporting "Positions reported....don't match those in your money account". If I don't update and manually compare the account summary with my online statement, every quantity for every symbol matches exactly. Yet for some reason, Money thinks it can only fix this problem by creating an empty symbol and inserting some shares. I think that somehow money is trying to map a few new transactions into the wrong ac...

++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++
Hi, ++++ SUPPORT FOR HEXADECIMAL DATA IN EXCEL +++++ This is currently limited to a couple of functions to change to and from hex. The programmers in MS (along with thousands of engineers worldwide) would surely benefit if excel could natively support hex numbers. At the very least, could the HEX2DEC function be altered to do automatic sign extension? We (global org, 100,000+ employees) are finding ourselves creating macro's to take in a 16-bit hex no, discover if it is signed, and then pad it out to move the sign up to bit 40. This is surely more messy than it has to be - doe...

Wireless Support for Outlook client
Can anyone confirm weather or not Microsoft specifically supports connecting to CRM using the outlook client in either on-line or offline mode? I'm trying to find written documentation on this and haven't so far. Thanks. Don Do you mean that Microsoft CRM offers an offline capability? If so, yes, it offers both online and offline capability. Depending on your networking setup, Microsoft CRM Outlook client can connect to your CRM Server via wireless or VPN, etc.. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm &qu...

Summary report by date
Hi, Sorry to bother you with what is probably a very simple question but I need a report that gives me a dollar total only for cash and credit card transactions by date. I can't seem to make the reports group by date and give me a sub-total for that group. Any help is appreciated. hi JessTzn, I have one report Tender Summary by Date and by Cashier also some crystal report this may help you. please send your email. and rate me once you get it. "JessTzn" wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry to bother you with what is probably a very simple question but I need > a rep...

Mails Date priblems
Here is the problem. I have been using outlook express since 2006 and have all my mail from 2006 until today. Now I have imported everything into Outlook 2003. The problem I am having is that outlook is screwing up the dates of the emails. Example: an email was received on Jul 18, 2006 but outlook says it was received on Feb 18, 2008. Basically it is just assigning dates of Feb 18, 2008 to every single email regardless of the date it was originally received or sent. Is there any way I can fix this? The steps I am taking are exporting feature in Outlook Express 6 (which reads everythi...

How can I change the date range in a calendar object
I have a newsletter that I created in Pub 2003 with a calendar on one page. I was able to click on the calendar, then use the "change date range" to change the month. When I upgraded to Office 2007, that capability is gone. How can I change the calendar without deleting the object and reinserting it for the new month? You can't. Unfortunately the wizards are gone in all the Design Gallery objects. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bob N" <BobN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7893B67C-9B2D-4B79-B59C-244E7B0D274C@microsoft.com... >I...

Money 2002 compatibility to Money 2004
Dear friends: I use Money since 2000 and I have now Money 2002 working very well, but I want to update to Money 2004 and the files are not compatible ? Is that right ? Can someone tell me how to update from 2002 to 2004 without losing data ? Thanks and have nice hollydays Antonio Vasconcelos Portugal You are getting a message form M04 about M02 files being "incompatible versions?" See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Antonio Vasconcelos" <antoniov@multivisual.pt> wrote in message news:04aa01c3cbb3$6e0239d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money since 2000 and ...

Money 2004 for Pocket PC #3
Hi, I have Money 2004, on my desktop, and when I got my Pocket PC I installed Money for Pocket PC 2004, everything was working just fine, but this morning right after I made a change in the desktop file, I lost all data on the Pocket PC, I tried uninstalling on the Pocket PC, and then after reboot the desktop (I don't understand this), I reinstalled it, I keep having the same problem Any help would be very welcome -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin You could try going to activesync and removing all of the data using the Money option, and then synchronizing ag...

Installation Error: Non-supported application pool identity
SBS2003 Premium HI, I am trying to install CRM 3.0 and I cannot get the Sql Reporting Services to work. I receive the following error: "The Web site for installing SQL Server Reporting Services {0} uses an Application Pool of non-supported identity. Supported identity is Network Service." All the application pools in IIS 6.0 have been changed to Network Service (all were xcept for the Exchange app pools - I changed these). Yet I am still getting this error. What else can I try? I was wondering if my web.config file could be to blame, but I cannot be sure. Thanks! Jason Ha...

No date and time displayed
I am having a problem with the outlook. There are no date and time displayed on all my emails. When I received an email I should see date and time in the Received colume, but it's not there. Also, when I was trying to use the Calendar, date and time are not there too. I have updated my Outlook 2002 with SP-2. Can any one help? Thank you John ...

Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology
Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology (Part of Universal Access)? I have a parent who is visually impaired and I would like her to use Entourage but she can only use it if it comes with VoiceOver technology. Thank you. Theresa In article <b0803c73-f333-4cce-b5e0-5eeff7e9eb9f@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, tlassek@nebrwesleyan.edu wrote: > Does Office 2008 include/support Apple's VoiceOver Technology (Part of > Universal Access)? > > I have a parent who is visually impaired and I would like her to use > Entourage but she can only use ...

Save Data By Date
1. I would to import a csv file each day and have it fill certain cells and perform calculations such as a daily balancing sheet would do. 2. Then I would like to have a macro assigned to a control button that would look at the system date and name as save the Excel file by that date. Anyone have any ideas on how to start this project??? Stuart ssmith@cbsposgroup.com I use this Sub saveme() Dim wSheet As Worksheet 'Name Tab UnProtectSheet Application.EnableEvents = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Start Range("K1").Copy Range("K1").PasteSpecial xlPas...

SQL Reporting Services "From" and "To" date parameter entry slowness / hesitation
I=92ve got a few reports that utilize =93From=94 and =93To=94 date paramete= rs (along with some others) The date parameters default to last months=92 start and end dates which is fine. However, if you want to report for a different month, and you proceed to change the =93From=94 date, as soon as you get through entering a new date in the field, the report appears to refresh (even appears to run although it doesn=92t really), there is a bit of hesitation, then it finally refreshes again, then you can then enter the =93To=94 date and hit the View Report button. It would be much ...