What version of Money

Hello,

I am looking for a money version that works on WindowsXP, but it has to
work whitout any internet connection, and it has to be in the dutch
language.
preferbly a simple version, on this moment we are using Money version
5.0 (OEM) on a windows98SE system.
This is a simple version that works just fine for me, i don't need any
of the difficult internet based systems.
Can any of you advice me which versions are working on XP and are simple
to use, and if it is possible simple to get.

Thanks,

Jos.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money 2004 works fine in XP without a connection.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"jos goedhart" <jos.goedhart.linux1@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a money version that works on WindowsXP, but it has to
> work whitout any internet connection, and it has to be in the dutch
> language.
> preferbly a simple version, on this moment we are using Money version 5.0
> (OEM) on a windows98SE system.
> This is a simple version that works just fine for me, i don't need any of
> the difficult internet based systems.
> Can any of you advice me which versions are working on XP and are simple
> to use, and if it is possible simple to get.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jos.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
5/22/2005 10:59:03 PM
I'm betting there's no M04 localized for Holland, though.

"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
> Money 2004 works fine in XP without a connection.

Didn't notice the need for Dutch language, but I don't think there's any
version localized for Holland. I think MS is doing the same thing to the
various international flavors that they're doing to Money in general, are
they not? Making it more generic, 'simpler'? Hence a single 'international'
version, rather than various language-specific European versions?

Never having investigated that market, I may well be wrong.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

message news:ukMM9NzXFHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I'm betting there's no M04 localized for Holland, though.
>
> "Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
>> Money 2004 works fine in XP without a connection.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
5/24/2005 1:22:40 AM
Chris Cowles wrote:
> Didn't notice the need for Dutch language, but I don't think there's any
> version localized for Holland. I think MS is doing the same thing to the
> various international flavors that they're doing to Money in general, are
> they not? Making it more generic, 'simpler'? Hence a single 'international'
> version, rather than various language-specific European versions?
>
> Never having investigated that market, I may well be wrong.
Thanks for the reply,

I think if i can't find a money version in dutch, i have to change to
linux alternatives.

Jos

re. "alternatives": is there another of any consequence and depth beyond
GnuCash?

http://www.moneydance.com/ ?

message news:u4UC1uKYFHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> re. "alternatives": is there another of any consequence and depth beyond
> GnuCash?
>
> "jos goedhart" <jos.goedhart.linux1@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
>> I think if i can't find a money version in dutch, i have to change to
>> linux alternatives.

0
bollar (385)
5/25/2005 12:15:35 AM
I wasn't aware they had a Linux flavor. I've read some postings here about
this--but never investigated it. Maybe I'll have to check it out at more
depth. Have you messed with it? Does it support classification?

"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> http://www.moneydance.com/ ?

It does Linux, Mac & Windows.

Classifications are promised "sometime in 2005".

message news:%23baO0QMYFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I wasn't aware they had a Linux flavor. I've read some postings here about
>this--but never investigated it. Maybe I'll have to check it out at more
>depth. Have you messed with it? Does it support classification?
>
> "Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
>> http://www.moneydance.com/ ?

0
bollar (385)
5/25/2005 12:59:27 AM
>>> http://www.moneydance.com/ ?

Moneydance does not seem to support the Dutch language (not from what I can
see from the website), Acemoney does however support the Dutch language (and
many others).

0
xyz269 (21)

Money 2007 Not Responding
Money 2007 Deluxe is periodically and un-reproduceably hanging during various operations (transaction entering, balancing accounts, etc.) with no rhyme or reason. My only option is to close Money by clicking the "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the program. Vista then asks if I want to close or wait. I've waited as long as 30 minutes with no response from Money, so I always choose "Close". None of my data seems to get lost or garbled in any way. This is a new installation of Money on a new computer with Vista. This is a new money file that only has tra...

Error running utility with Version 10.0
Guys: When I run the utility to upgrade my version 8.0 database to version 10.0 I get an error for two tables GL20000 and GL30000 that says "the record length for this table is incorrect". Under "Additional Information" it says "Table <table name> did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table" I have SP1 for version 10 installed and none of those two tables have been modified. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. -- Norman Per MS KB https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/resources/support/selfsupport/hottopics/greatplains/h...

Scheduled Bills scroll bars only work when partial screen Money 20
The vertical scroll bars on the Manage Scheduled Bills screen are greyed out when full screen, but normal when partial screen. Problem is present when viewing my data and Test sample.mny. Other screens and other applications not affected. Quick file repair did nothing. My daughter downloaded a program she can't remember the name of and I can't find on the computer recently in order to access photos on Walmart.com. I don't know if I should remove and reinstall MS Money 2004 Small Business edition, or do something else?? It might be better to upgrade to 2007, but the pro...

Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your d
Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your daughter will love. http://www.shoesbootjeans.com http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Mens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Womens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/newarrivals.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/hotproducts.html Used clothing stores are full of ite...

Money 2007 Invoices
I want to use the invoicing part of MS Money and for the most part it works ok. But how do I enter in our company name and address on the heading of the invoice. The prompt says that it can be entered at the time of printing, but doesn't give me that option. Can you give me detailed steps to input this information? -- RTBT RTBT wrote: > I want to use the invoicing part of MS Money and for the most part it > works ok. > But how do I enter in our company name and address on the heading of > the invoice. The prompt says that it can be entered at the time of > printing,...

Sharing Money file with Windows Live ID
I'm working in a small office environment where we'd like to set up Money for sharing a single data file; BUT I am leary of using Windows Live ID for the sharing setup, simply because I don't want to have any chance of outside (internet) "leaking" of info. Is there any alternate way to share a single data file among 2-3 users? While I'm on the topic, I assume that I need to purchase 2-3 copies of Money to use it in a multi-user environment (I'm using a trial version now.) Thanks regular file sharing methods (network share or common folder with appropriate...

Office Accounting Professional 2009
Hello everyone, In looking over our Technet applications, I was wanting to test out Office Accounting Professional 2009 due to limitations we have found in our normal accounting product Simply Accounting. When installing the product, everything goes fine, but we are unable to setup a Canadian company. Is there a version that will allow us to do this? I noticed there are two versions, one being the English - United States version, and one English-United Kingdom. Will the latter one work for Canadian customers? Any help would be very appreciated, Peter Skinner Edmonton ...

Money 2005 Premier- Unable to Enter Sold Securities
Dear Microsoft, I have used Money for 5 yrs.years and THIS IS my final Year of Use. I am using Money Premier 2005 I repeatedly enter the sale of securities that I have CORRECTLY RECORDED. When I enter the sale, I get error message "Unable to record transaction" I AM SO FRUSTRATED as I have years worth of securities I am unable to sell. How could you have the testicular fortitude to STEAL $90.00 of my money and put a PIECE OF JUNK PROGRAM like this on the Market? I've already switched to Mozilla- I'm on my way to QUicken -- StewGotz ...

asset allocation in Microsoft money Plus
Dear all, I prefer to do Asset allocation as stocks,Bonds,liquid cash, realty and commodities. What do you think is the best way to include realty investments and commodities in Money Plus so that they get reflected in the asset allocation chart. Presently , if I classify my investements in realty as "others" under asset category , they do not get reflected in asset allocation charts. Help and views are appreciated. Thanks. N.Meyyappan ...

MS Money 2006: How do I move my data from my desktop to my laptop?
I've got Microsoft Money 2006 Premium on my old desktop. Suddenly this morning my desktop had a lot of problems coming up. Naturally, I am very anxious about this! One of my biggest concerns will be getting my MS Money database copied/moved to my new laptop. Installing MS Money is not a problem, what I don't know how to do is to move the data from off of the desktop onto the laptop. How do I accomplish that? Rod WOW, that was nice and quick, Cal, thank you!!! I'll do exactly what you've suggested as soon as I get home from work. Rod "Cal Learner-- MVP&q...

incorrect balance on main checking -Money 2003
When I open my main checking account the balance is incorrect. On the home page it is correct and when listed at the bottom of bills and deposits it is correct but when I open the account I have lost $3700??? Please help! In microsoft.public.money, matt wrote: >When I open my main checking account the balance is >incorrect. On the home page it is correct and when >listed at the bottom of bills and deposits it is correct >but when I open the account I have lost $3700??? Please >help! Try opening Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the...

Money 1992
I am trying to install Money 1992 to a new computer w/ Windows XP. Everything transferred from the backup to the XP computer and I was able to continue putting in data in the new setup. When I went to print checks, it caused a General Protection fault and shut down. The reason I'm staying w/ the old version is I have so many years worth of data. The last time I tried to move data to newer versions of Money, I had to copy/backup to each version of Money that has come out since 9. This was done by a computer repair shop and still did not get all information transfered to the new ve...

money toolbox
The new MSN Money investment toolbox installer does not work. It installs partway then crashes. Any fixes? They're working on it, Tom. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Tom333@adelphia.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9aeb01c478c4$9928fd60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The new MSN Money investment toolbox installer does not > work. It installs partway then crashes. Any fixes? is there anything new on a fix? i'm running xp pro and have this problem. anyone have any idea what's causing it? i can't believe microsoft released this upda...

Cannot open my Money file offline
I had installed office in my office. Since I'm not in that office anymore, I installed Monay in my home computer, restored the file and tried to open the file to update transactions manually since I don't have internet access at home. But it requires me to go "online" in order to verify the password...funny, isn't it? Is there a way to do this? Thanks! Josh/Denver If you told Money to use a Passport for authentication--Money certainly encourages that you do--this is not surprising. Passports are authenticated on-line. That's how it works. I'm not sure th...

earlier versions of Publisher
I received a newsletter that I need via email, but my Publisher 2000 will not open it, because it says it is from another version. I have tried to open it in various other formats, and it will not open. Is there anything I can do? The person that sent the file probably has 2002 or 03 Publisher version. Have them save the publication as a 2000 file and re-send. If that is impossible send the file to me and I will convert it. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bonnie" <bonnie...

Turbo Tax with Money 2005
I am trying to export tax data from money 2005 in the TXF format. I am trying to use it in TurboTax. When I try to load it into TurboTax I get an error saying "No Information Exists for Other Financial Software (TXF File) filename" What am I doing wrong or is there a problem with Money 2005 or Turbo Tax? In microsoft.public.money, David Graham <David Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to export tax data from money 2005 in the TXF format. I am >trying to use it in TurboTax. When I try to load it into TurboTax I get an >error saying "N...

Remove part of Mac version
In the Windows world, removing or partially installing the Office is a breeze but now that I've installed Office 2008 for my Mac, I really don't like the way Entourage works and it seems to have fouled up my various other units in terms of the sync. I removed Entourage just like every other application BUT it still seems to be partially in existance as an Entourage calendar exists in my Mobile Me settings. Can anyone clue me in how to totally remove all of the things Entourage does BUT allowing Excel, Word and Power Point to remain fully functional? Thanks On 2010-06-17 18:2...

Money and PDAs
This may be a ridiculous question, but can is there an OS compatible version of money so that it can sync with Money on a desktop? Microsoft PocketMoney for WinCE or for Palm OS... http://www.ultrasoft.com/Money/overview.shtml "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fa01c39331$46e8d350$a101280a@phx.gbl... > This may be a ridiculous question, but can is there an OS > compatible version of money so that it can sync with > Money on a desktop? ...

Money 2000 Problems
I am just wondering if anyone has experienced the following problems: - I was experiencing a couple of issues with Money 2000 running on XP after using it for about 12 months. I decided to backup my Money file and then remove and reload the program from my computer. Everything was going well until I tried to restore the backup. Money is about to restore the back up and then asks for a password. I enter the password which I have been using to enter Money in the past and it does not recognise the password. Can anyone help? I have tried all the caps lock, etc, but it just does no...

Credit Card Payments in MS Money
I have my Checking account and a credit card account set up for online updates. When I pay my credit card bill from my checking account, it is logged as a credit card payment. Really, it is a transfer to credit card XYZ. When I change the catagory to Transfer: Credit Card XYZ it adds another entry in the Credit Card register. For example... If I pay my credit card bill and and enter this in my register, then go update my MS Money, it shows this as a credit card payment, then when I cange this entry in my checking account it shows just one entry... No when I go check on he credit card, ...

How do I enter Interest Only ARM Mortgages into Money PLus
Don't worry I am not one of the problems in the market today. There is a place in the market for these types of loans (and not to live in a bigger house). If someone can let me know how I would enter this type of mortgage payment into Money I would greatly appreciate it. It has been a lacking feature of the software package for a while now. I expected that this would be taken care of in the latest version- given that almost a third of all loans are of this type. Your help is appreciated! -- Jason In answer to your subject, to create an interest-only loan, enter the balloon amount...

Money 2005 Premium still locking up
Any ideas? Are there any temp files I should try to clear? Running XP, not SP2, but getting ready to upgrade. In microsoft.public.money, David Ratonyi wrote: >Any ideas? Are there any temp files I should try to clear? Running XP, not >SP2, but getting ready to upgrade. I suggest you scan for worms or virus. I'm having the same problem, but it also prevents me from going to msn.com and has been causing problems for Messenger. Two virus scans later, I haven't found anything directly related. Does anyone know of a specific virus that would do this, or any way of corre...

IE8 & Microsoft Money Invoices Do Not Print
Dear Sir or Ma'am: You have known for several months that IE8 stops MS Money from printing invoices. Please fix this problem now. I see discussions dating back to the beginning of March noting this problem - why does it persist? -- The Merc ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Earn Money by Reading Ads with just a click
Earn Money by Reading Ads with just a click http://www.clixsense.com/?2189583 ...

RE: I paid the phone bill, but my roommate owes me half of it. How do I track that in Money?
Six example transactions, in sequence: #1A (acct: My Credit Card) Payee: Ebay Category: Computer Hardware Amount: �200 [payment--expense] Memo: PSP purchased for Posh #1B (acct: Flatmate Owes Me, entered at same time as #1A) Payee: [I'd probably leave blank] Category: Computer Hardware Amount: �200 [deposit--income] Memo: Posh owes me for the PSP (note, and answer to question #1, this really is a deposit, not an expense. Money may nag about income categorized as expense. Tell it you know what you are doing.) #2A (acct: My Credit Card) Payee: Ebay Category: Computer Software Amount: �2...