what affect does the budget effective date have

when you save a budget money asks for the efective dates from - to. Do these
have any purpose?  it does not appear to chagne the way that money displays
the budget and even if you go past hte budget time it will continue using the
old budget amounts.  If you try to have it re-calculate the past information
it does not.  it seems as though these are not ment for anything.
0
NW (17)
2/20/2008 12:51:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Date format #34
I have a large spreadsheet in Excel. Dates were entered as "August 1, 2001". When I go to sort the list, Excel sorts by month. I selected all of the date cells, format, and it shows all date cells as Date formated. How can I get Excel to sort by date (by 08/01/2001; not alpha by month)? Or, how can I take the August 1, 2001 and convert into 08/01/2001? Thanks for any help. Sounds like your dates were entered as character strings/labels, not true dates. Try entering a formula to calc the difference between a couple of them. If the formula returns #VALUE, they're cer...

Change Date Format #2
I'm new to Excel 2007. My problem is that I do not know how to stop Excel from automatically converting text to a date format. For example, when I enter data in a cell such as: Smith v Jones 06-91, Excel automatically changes 06-91 to Jun-91. Data entered as Smith v Jones 06-3412 remains 06-3412. How do I stop Excel from automatically changing 06-91 to Jun-91? "06" does mean June but it should stay as "06". Thanks. > How do I stop Excel from automatically changing 06-91 to Jun-91? You can either precede the input: 06-91 with an apostrophe ('), or ...

Text output of a date/time field
I want to convert a date/time field to a text field so that I can import the XLS file into a table in Access. This is because I want to have my time field in the Access DB sometimes store an actual text (like "Lunch") rather than a time. If I force the first few records to have some text in the time field, then Access imports the time data like "1/1/1900" I want to end up with all text in the time field, not a date/time value. Is there a Paste Special or some other way to get this info into text? On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 18:16:17 -0800, "Bob Richardson" <b...

How to format the date in different cells
I work in a doctor´┐Żs office in a hospital, and the Chief Physiotherapist asked me to redo their yearly schedules. I based myself on their previous schedule, but added color and style to it. We use at the hospital the software Excel 2000. So, in cell B1, from the Menu, I clicked: Format, Cells, Number, Date, and in Type, I chose the format **Wednesday, March 14, 2001*. I had to repeat the same process to cell B9, B17, B25, up to B97, changing the date accordingly in each cell. The Physiotherapist was impressed by my work, but had a concern regarding the individual dating of the cells. H...

Totalling records in a date range
I have a report that shows sums of various fields, grouped by date. If i run my report based on specific dates for example between 1/1/2008 and 1/5/2008, each date is displayed as a page in the report. i am looking to run my report so all my fields are totalled based on the dates selected, without displaying each individual day. I was able to add a field that totals all my fields in the date range, but it doesn't give me the specific totals of each field I am looking for. As always any help is greatly appreciated. -- Jon M. Do not include the dates in the query but the date r...

Money 2006 Deluxe This Year's Budget Report
When I open This Year's Budget report and try to view all expenses for a certain category for a certain month, the window that pops up contains expenses for all categories for that month. Would it not make sense that it would only bring up expenses for that category for that month? ...

Dates and Forms Wierd results
Good afternoon all, I'm having a rather strange issue with a form and dates.... I have the dates held in two text boxes, both with shortdate format and unbound. I use this to hold dates for reporting purposes. Here's the strange part...If I enter in, say, 12/1/2007 as begin and 12/31/2007 as end, the dates are supplied to the query and it runs, but If I cross the end of the year and enter 1/1/2008 as begin and 1/31/2008 as end, I get either one of two errors...1 being "Property Not Found" or 2 being "User Canceled Operation". There is data in the base table t...

Header's Date issue!!!!!
I have a problem with header's date on Excel 2000. On my computer, the date that i have for the header is December 7, 2003. BTW, the date is typed manually. However, when my boss open the excel document, the date on it is November 7, 2003. We both use Excel 2000 and Window XP. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Any help would be appreciate. If the date is really typed in manually as "December 7, 2003", XL would have no reason/ability to change it. Are you sure your boss isn't opening an old file? In article <01f101c3bf5f$8de06e80$a501280a@phx.gbl>...

How to rearrange order based on dates of inputs?
Hello all, I'm a novice with Excel (using 2002) and need to find out how difficult a task is to do for someone like me. I don't know much about using Excel other than adding basic functions. I want to track entries based on certain categories (each entry will include date, time, item #, price, etc...). I will need to be able to rearrange the items based on different parameters such as by date, by item # etc... How do I go about learning how to add this feature into my spreadsheet? I'd like to be able to arrange the entries by which ever category I need. Sorry if this messa...

sort a column by date- by month not year
I have an excel sheet with columns of info and 1 column has numerous dates in a column shown as: Jan. 1, 2002, Jan. 1, 2003, Feb. 1, 2004, Jun. 1, 2007, Dec. 1, 2008, Jan. 1, 2004,,, etc. I am trying to sort by month... as all January months together and all Feb. months together,,, not by year. My sort always does it by year not month... any suggestions... Thanks. Those are text dates, that's why. Convert it all at one go to real dates using Data>Text to Cols. Select the col/range of "dates", click Data>Text to Columns>Delimited. Uncheck all delimiters i...

Changing a text field into a date
I have a database whose job number is a date. The job number is a text field and we would also like to display it as a medium date. example job number is 110703 and we would also like to display it as 11-Jul-03. Suggestions? Thanks ...

Conditional Formats Date Based
I need to format a row in a workbook so that the cells in the range change color based on a date on another workbook. It needs to be formatted so that when a certain date ie 12/1/09 is reached, the color changes to green, but is yellow or red if it's later than 12/1/09 like 3/1/09 depending on what's entered in the worksheet. It's best to assign a cell outside your print area to equal the date in the other workbook, then give that cell a name (like "EffectiveDate"). Then in your conditional format you can use <EffectiveDate or <=EffectiveDate. -- ...

HELP! Sales Process Tasks with No Dates
Hi, Have implemented a sales process and it works fine. However for each of the steps it puts in a date when it is created. For instance if our first step is "Discovery" if you create a new opportunity it puts into today's date as the due date. Once that step is completed the next step is created with the current date. We do not have defined times between the steps, so on my sales process all my due dates are set to 0. What we would like is for the due date to be blank when the step is created like what happens when you manually add an activity. How can I do this? We h...

Payment terms and discount due date alerts.
With payment terms of 2/10 Net30 on a vendor invoice, if I receive the invoice in 4/12 my due date will be 5/12 with a Terms Date Due of 4/22. But if I mail the remittance I need to calculate the time in the mail, say 7 days. Is there a way to alert me that I must make this payment within the next 3 days to get my discount? How do most handle this type of notice so you don't lose your discount. Thanks hd When we take early pay discounts, we just count the days from the invoice date. We figure the supplier absorbs the mail time. We have never been questioned about it. Other compani...

Footnote with date & time last printed
How do I add a footnote to insert the date and time the spreadsheet was last printed? ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.LeftFooter = _ Format(ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties _ ("last save time"), "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss") -- HTH Bob Phillips "Savvy" <Savvy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E80E4EE4-7915-494F-BC16-B65D262DAC44@microsoft.com... > How do I add a footnote to insert the date and time the spreadsheet was last > printed? You could also go into the Footer and view the custom footer. There y...

Date in First Column, Time in First Row
I have data correlated to date and time. The dates go down the first column of the sheet and the times (hours of each day) go across the first row of the sheet, like so: 01:00 02:00 03:00 ... 01/01/05 1.3 2.2 3.2 ... 01/02/05 5.2 4.2 1.7 ... 01/03/05 2.3 4.1 6.4 ... .. .. .. How do I make a chart with Date and Time on the x-axis and data on the y-axis without doing lots of copying and pasting? what kind of chart to you want? if it is a line chart with contiguous day per hour on the x axis A pivot tabl...

Date format in MS Money and Quicken QIF files are different. Conversion?
I use QIF files to transfer data from Quicken to Money. I find that Quicken 2005 and Microsoft Money 2005 use slightly different QIF files. In particular, Quicken writes dates in its QIF files that feature apostrophes (') in the "year" field. Money does not use apostrophes. The odd thing is that Money was successfully reading the QIF files generated by Quicken. Sometime around January 1, things stopped working. I can import a QIF file from Quicken into Money, but Money won't assign dates to any of the imported transactions. I plan to write a translation program to modi...

Changing a cell color automatically based on a date
Can a cell change color when the date in the cell gets to be seven days before the system or date in excel? Hi Todd select your cell and goto 'Format - Conditional Format'. Enter the following formula (if you selected cell A1): =A1=TODAY()-7 if you want to highlight all dates between today and today-7 try =AND(A1>=TODAY()-7,A1<=TODAY()) Frank Todd Michaels wrote: > Can a cell change color when the date in the cell gets to be seven > days before the system or date in excel? With conditional formatting, and a formula (Condition 1 - Formula Is) of =TODAY()-7<=A1 -- ...

Easiest way to get 3rd col = monthly averages, from cols 1, 2 = weekly date, data?
Hi all, I've got years of data of the following sort: 1/2/98, 55.0 1/9/98, 53.2 1/16/98, 43.5 1/23/98, 45.2 1/30/98, 64.3 .. .. .. (and so on, up to the present) I would like a 3rd column, with an entry on each row representing the last week of a month, whose value is the average of the data points for that month. Note that the number of weeks in a month varies. Greatly appreciating any quick & easy approaches, cdj Hi Rather than trying to do it on all the rows that are the last week of a given month, in column D starting at D2 enter 01/01/98 Format>Cells>Number>Cust...

Format to display date as Quarter
The solution could be simple but since I haven't found anything on it, it probably isn't: The date can be formated to display in all different shapes. What I would like to do is not to display a "literal" version, e.g. the month, but the Quarter. As an example, 12/12/05 should display as QIV. Grateful for any help and suggestions! Thanks. On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:45:01 -0700, Christine <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The solution could be simple but since I haven't found anything on it, it >probably isn't: > >The date can be forma...

How do I stop Excel from converting a numerical entry to a date?
I'm creating a spreadsheet in which one column contains SKU (stock keeping unit) numbers. Excel sometimes sees these values as dates and automatically converts them in my spreadsheet. For example, Excel sees 10-1999 as Oct-99. Enter it as '10-1999. The apostrophe will convert your entry to text but will not show in the cell. You will be able to see it in the formula bar. Alternately format the cell as text before entering the SKU. Hope this helps Rowan havanakids wrote: > I'm creating a spreadsheet in which one column contains SKU (stock keeping > unit) numbers. Ex...

Working days between dates
Hi, I have a problem when I try to calculate number of working days between to dates. When I have the samt dates it sometimes returns 0 days and sometimes 1 days I would like it to show 1 day when date1 and date2 are the same. Can somebody help me out Thanks in advanc Michael Hi use NETWORKDAYS. e.g. =NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1) >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a problem when I try to calculate number of working days between to dates. When I have the samt dates it sometimes returns 0 days and sometimes 1 days. > >I would like it to show 1 day when date1 and date2 ar...

date displays as serial number
I'm using Office 2003. I inherited a workbook where one sheet insists on displaying all dates as serial numbers. I format the cells to display a date, but still get the serial number, left justified. The other sheets behave as expected, following the cell format. Any ideas? Try putting a 1 in an unused cell, then copy it and paste-special-multiply on the column of errant dates Hopefully this will turn them back into numbers which can then be formatted as dates............. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "et" <et@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2721...

Using VLookup to Determine Month Based on Regular Date Format
I searched the forum and couldn't quite find what I need. I have a column with dates in the format 1/3/06 and need to have the column next to it show the month in format 200601. What I have tried is building a table that lists the last date of each month in the first column, the name for the month in the second column (e.g., 200601), then using vlookup to find the date and return the month. I am getting an error, though, and I can't remember what the trick is. Can anyone help? Please? :) Other suggestions would be fine, too. Thanks! You could use a formula like: =text(a1,&qu...

Default Dates
I have a query that calculates records between two dates as Between [Beginning Date] And [Ending Date] Is there a way to show a default value for the beginning and ending dates in the input boxes rather than having to enter a date every time? Thank you for any help Paul. Yes. Open the form in design view, click on the text box, right click, scroll to bottom, click on Properties, enter a default value or formula and select the format. -- Build a little, test a little. "Ampridge" wrote: > I have a query that calculates records between two dates as &g...