what affect does the budget effective date have

when you save a budget money asks for the efective dates from - to. Do these
have any purpose?  it does not appear to chagne the way that money displays
the budget and even if you go past hte budget time it will continue using the
old budget amounts.  If you try to have it re-calculate the past information
it does not.  it seems as though these are not ment for anything.
0
NW (17)
2/20/2008 12:51:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Budget amounts are doubled
Due to errors I have had to delete and renter deposits and bills but in the budget and in edit budget these amounts are doubled even though they were deleted???. I tried to correct these and it won't let me. For example my mortgage payment is 460.00 but my budget shows 920.00 every month; when I try to edit it just bounces me back to the budget. Any ideas? Is the budget amount correct next month? Changes to budget items are made to the next budget period and not the one in progress. If it's wrong *every* month, then you might be better off starting a new budget. -- Glyn S...

Problem while removing incomes in Essential Budget
I am using M2006, I've been using the Essential Budget for a while, but now I trying to switch to the advanced budget without success. My problem is exactly described in the issue KB899628 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899628 ) but the resolution stated doesn't work. When I try to remove all my incomes entries and click Done, everything seems to be okay, but when I reenter in the "Edit income" window, always appears 3 new blank incomes without my concernment. For this reason I can't switch to the Advanced budget. Please, does anyone have an idea? I'm having the ...

Unexpected error while exporting financial budget
I got the "Unexpected error; quitting" message while try to export Financial Budget to a Excel file. After troubleshooting, I found that it is caused by the permission on the installation folder of Great Plains. By default, the Great Plains is installed to Program Files | Microsoft Business Solutions | Great Plains folder. And usually, all folders under Program Files folder are READ-ONLY for normal user. I solved the above problem by granting the user with Modify permission. However; I found that it is not a good idea. In terms of security, is there any other workaround? ...

print the specific dates of the transaction
can I print the specific dates of the transaction in the account list? Tks. ...

Calculating working days between dates.
I am currently creating a spreadsheet with incoming dates in column C and outgoing dates in column D, in column E I would like to have formula that would calculate the amount of working days that hav passed between the two dates, does anyone know if this is possible? an if so how it could be done? Thanks -- DKer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1308 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26193 You want to use the 'NETWORKDAYS' fun...

RM Statements Summarize To Date
We're using the Summarize to Beginning of Previous Month date selection thinking that would start the customers statement with their beginning balance, and then include all the appropriate invoices for the month, but instead the beginning balance includes the first day of the prior month, and does not include any invoices for that day. When we enter the Summarize to date to the last day of the month prior to the previous month then the statements work as we'd have expected them to using the system date selection for "Beginning of Previous Month". Is this a bug? Or jus...

date formating will not stick
I'm using Office97. This problem has not been an issue until recently. In the past (unless I'm crazy), when I formatted a cell, perhaps in the format MM/DD/YY, the value was always displayed in that format even if you entered new values in the format mm/d/yyyy, or any other format. Now, on all my new spreadsheets, when I enter a date, the format changes to mm/dd/yyyy independent of the prior setting. I assume I changed some default format setting somewhere. Can someone tell me what I may have changed? Hi, Use the Value function to get the values of all the cells in another...

Date Month comparison in Excel
Hi, If I have Feb or February in cell A1 and Mar or March in A2, or any tw months or dates at 2 different cells, how can I compare that Februar 2004 comes before March 2004 and February 2005 comes after March 2004 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have real dates in both cells simply use =IF(A1>A2,"A1 is after A2","A1 is not after A2") >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >If I have Feb or February in cell A1 and Mar or March in A2, or any two >months or dates at 2 different cells, how can I compare that February >2004 come...

cell to change colour at given date
I have a cell in a spreadsheet into which I type a date. When the pc clock shows that the date in the cell is more that 30 days old I want the cell to turn red. How would I do that. Basic to many of you I am sure, but to someone who doesn't use this side of Excel, virtually impossible ! (I'm using Excel 97 if that makes any difference - but I presume not) Thanks in advance Tobit LOL - My pleasure. Glad you got sorted, and thanks for the feedback. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP...

Week ending date query help
I am trying to build a query in Access 2007 that will display all records that fall within a certain week, based on a week ending date. The week ending date needs to be a variable. Here is what I have so far, but I'm trying to simplify it. Between [Enter start date] and [Enter end date] I was hoping to have the user just input one date (the week ending date), instead of entering the start date and then the end date. I tried this, but it didn't work: Between [Enter Week Ending Date] and ([Enter Week Ending Date] - 6) Does any one know an easier way of setting the criteria for this q...

Hyperlink addition
There was a hyperlink added to our Intranet page and I need to find out when that link was added. Is there any way to find that out? Thank You! I'm assuming it must have been done elsewhere by someone else, and the web page you have on your Pc - is not the one that was updated, so you can't tell by that when it was last updated - so... log into the host site where the page/site resides, and check the creation date there - that should tell you. ~ ~ unless it's been updated anytime after the hyperlink was inserted. Tracys49 wrote: > There was a hyperlink added to ...

Convert to Date
Hi, From another system we get files with Date where date is like 1021101 which should be 2002/11/01 and fields with 941101 should be 1994/11/01. I have tried to add 19000000 to the number and that gives me the correct 20021101 but how can I get it formatted as date? Regards Leif Hi Once you have done your bit (!!) you can use Data / Text to columns. You can then tell Excel that it's a date in which format and you're done! -- Andy. "Leif" <leifhy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:l8ktc.93549$dP1.299681@newsc.telia.net... > Hi, > From another system we ge...

Modified Date Changing when only viewing?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C50465.7D1D5710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: If I merely open an Excel spreadsheet, view it, and close it, why does = the modified date get changed more often than not? Is this a glitch, or = is there a setting I can change so this doesn't happen? Thanks in Advance. --=20 A McGuire ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C50465.7D1D5710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!D...

check box populates field with today's date
Can someone tell me how to make it so that when someone clicks a checkbox in a DAP, it populates a specific field with today's date. Thanks! In the AfterUpdate event of the checkbox.... Select Case Me!chkField Case True Me!TextField=Date Case False 'Skip End Select -- BrerGoose Moose-Tech Software: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/webspace/MTS/Home.htm I can't find an "AfterUpdate" field in the Element Properties. Where do I look for that? "BrerGoose" wrote: > In the AfterUpdate event of the checkbox.... > > Select Cas...

Formulating dates by weeks
Hello, I would like to use a formula that allows me to type in a date is (lets's say A1) and for it to be carried forward in A2, A3, A4.. and so forth up to thirteen cells. Example: I will type July 1st - July 7th in A1, and automatically A2 will be formulated to have July 8th - July 14th in it. (and so on and so forth) If someone could help me with this.. AWESOME! I am stuck! Thanks Oh, and one more, if it is answerable.. If I have a row, that need a running tallie of only certain cells, (let's say, A1, A6, A12..) is there an easier way to do this other then =SUM(A1, A6, A...

wrong dates on sent items
Hello, for some reason my sent items starting changing the date, and now I have some that were sent December 10th 2009, December 11 2009, etc. I have Outlook 2007. I checked the clock and went to control panel and checked Date/Time. Everything has todays date - December 9th 2009 and the time Zone is correct. Also checked Internet Zone and seems to be fine... Any ideas? is there any part in Outlook that I should be checking? thank you in advance for you help No need to repeat your post of only 2 hours ago "lula" <lula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Date formula #6
Hi If smb know how to extract from a date _*the_week_of_the_year_*_wher that date belong Th -- olidruga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- olidrugas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3013 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49824 Use the formula:- WEEKNUM(A1,1) or WEEKNUM(A1,2) 1 = Week begins on Sunday. Weekdays are numbered 1 through 7. 2 = Week begins on Monday. Weekdays are numbered 1 through 7. A1 contains a dat -- Gary Brow ------------------------------------------...

"Grey-effect" of XP's logoff dialog
Hi, when I hit Start->logoff a yes/no dialog pops up. This dialog is painted with colours where the rest of the screen slowly fades to grey-scale colours. How is this accomplished? Take a screenshot, make it full screen, gradually fade it to grey. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Marion Schultze" <MaSchu@Online.de> wrote in message news:d8ma85$k4q$1@online.de... > Hi, > > when I hit Start->logoff a yes/no dialog pops up. This dialog is painted > with colours where the rest of the screen slowly fades to grey-scale > colours. > > Ho...

Date of tracking
Historical sent/receive e-mail data not recorded anywhere? System only captures the date on which you tag the actual record to CRM. Is there a way to ensure that the date tracked reflects the day the email was received/sent when you are manually tracking e-mails? Hi, I am afraid there is no built in functionality for this purpose. Email activity only tracks the time when it was created. May be there is some addon or enhancement available but I have not heard of any. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct c...

y2k date issue
I have an old database file in DBF format that I use Microsoft Access to display. The dates in the DBF file only has 2 digits, so when it's opened under Access, some dates are displayed as "19xx", while other dates just as "xx". It creates quite a problem when I sort or search by the dates. I do have a simple way to figure out whether the year "xx" is 20xx or 19xx, so I was wondering if there is a way to add a small macro for the date fields, such that when this DBF file is opened under Access, proper conversion of the year would take place automatically. On...

Graph and Input box for Date Range
All, This is just my thought but have no idea how to proceed. Can someone please provide a solution, I will really appreciate. Not sure how to attach a spreadsheet by my data spreadsheet is uploaded to File section known as DATA.XLSX. Col A. contains dates ( 1-Jan to 16-Aug ) and Col B-K contains data starting year 2001-2010 for the same dates. I would like to create a Date Range Input box so whenever I specify date ranges, it automatically pulls data of those dates from 2001 to 2010 and creates some type of line chart. E.g I specify date1: 3-march and date2: 10-June then line graph sho...

Update field w/ string based on due dates
Hi, I have a form that provides a listing of various instruments that are serviced on a monthly to annual basis, with general info about the instrument, last and next service dates, etc.. What I am trying to do is create an On Open event procedure that will identify all instruments that are listed with a string of either "Past Due" or "Schedule Vendor" based on whether each of their respective 'Due' dates have already transpired or not from the current month. The code I initially created for this was as follows: Private Sub Form_Open() Dim myDate, myDue myDa...

Change date in Notes?
When I create an Entourage Note, Entourage creates a DATE entry, based on the date the item was created in Entourage. Is it possible to change this date? And if not - if it can only be the date the note was actually cretaed (or editted) - is there some way I can create a CUSTOM column into which I could place a date of my choice? On 6/17/05 2:39 PM, in article #70zdU4cFHA.1288@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, "T. Wise" <terwise111@yahoo.com> wrote: > When I create an Entourage Note, Entourage creates a DATE entry, based > on the date the item was created in Entourage. I...

Excel date formula #3
I need to a formula that would produce in column A a running series of dates without having to type them in individually. I need it such as (not necesarily in numerical form): 1/03/2004 1/04/2004 1/05/2004 etc.... Thank you for any help! type in any cell =1/3/04 take mouse toright hand bottom which turn into a +sing. drag it down I hope you mean jan 3, jan 4 etc. Carol <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EFB38AF-C122-48E3-98D0-612DDD556A97@microsoft.com... > I need to a formula that would produce in column A a running series of dates > without having...

how do I use different year for date auto complete
In a date formatted field, when I type in the month and day and tab, the current year (2010) is entered. Is there a way to cause a different year (2009) to be entered instead? Not with autocomplete. Regards, Fred "Vance" <Vance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C530A41-E3D3-4F7E-9C52-8ABB801DE388@microsoft.com... > In a date formatted field, when I type in the month and day and tab, the > current year (2010) is entered. Is there a way to cause a different year > (2009) to be entered instead? Excel will use the year of the system...