Wachovia charging for MS Money Access

Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells
Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now
Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April. They
have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to charge me to
simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they don't charge
their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same thing.)

So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts
using Microsoft Money? Thanks.

Steve

0
Steve
3/13/2007 4:33:57 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

No fees at Chase...  It's been a positive experience.

Thanks. That might work but I'm in Nashville, TN. They aren't around here so
they don't have any ATM's around. What I don't spend in on-line fees I'd
spend in ATM fees.

Guess I should have been more specific. Thanks anyway.

Steve

"Mike" <mmcdaniel1960@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No fees at Chase...  It's been a positive experience.

0
Steve
3/13/2007 8:02:05 PM
"Steve" <steve.lundwall_AT_state.tn.us> wrote in message
> Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells
> Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now
> Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April.
> They have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to charge
> me to simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they don't
> charge their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same thing.)
>
> So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts
> using Microsoft Money? Thanks.
>
> Steve

Bank of America charges 9.95 a month for "enhanced" online services that
allow Money to update.  but there are no charges for the web site including
bill pay.  However if you get the mega-deluxe account, and there are ways to
get it free if you have certain minimum balances, loans, etc... it's free.

0
sam363 (15)
3/13/2007 8:44:59 PM
As I read the info at Wachovia, the charge will be imposed if you initiate
the download from within Money. However, if you do it manually (download
from the web site, then import into Money), then there won't be a charge.

--
Michael Gordon

"Steve" <steve.lundwall_AT_state.tn.us> wrote in message
> Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells
> Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now
> Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April.
> They have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to charge
> me to simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they don't
> charge their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same thing.)
>
> So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts
> using Microsoft Money? Thanks.
>
> Steve

0
gordonm (1013)
3/14/2007 12:07:21 AM
Chase, at least in NYC,  charges $9.95 per month for Money access for all
accounts opened after August 2005 ($6.95 if you keep a combined balance of
over $75,000 in all your Chase Savings and Investment accounts), so it is
not of any use to a new customer.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Mike" <mmcdaniel1960@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No fees at Chase...  It's been a positive experience.

0
Privacy1 (389)
3/14/2007 12:14:49 AM
Talk about getting with the program.

"Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
> As I read the info at Wachovia, the charge will be imposed if you initiate
> the download from within Money. However, if you do it manually (download
> from the web site, then import into Money), then there won't be a charge.

Huh? Not sure what you're saying, Dick.

--
Michael Gordon

message news:eUZie8cZHHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Talk about getting with the program.
>
> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>> As I read the info at Wachovia, the charge will be imposed if you
>> initiate the download from within Money. However, if you do it manually
>> (download from the web site, then import into Money), then there won't be
>> a charge.

0
gordonm (1013)
3/14/2007 12:28:14 AM
It's a policy that seems quite counter to the notion of progressively
providing access to customer data from tools like Money. It seems as though
Wachovia is doing something specifically contrary the interests of Money
users and, hence, to Money and programs like it. Given all of the hoopla
surrounding this downloaded data thing, this seems to confirm my perception
that the banks--or at least this solitary one--would prefer NOT to support
these modes of operation since they deprive the FIs of access to their
customers' eyeballs and mouse clicks.

> Huh? Not sure what you're saying, Dick.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:eUZie8cZHHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Talk about getting with the program.
>>
>> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>>> As I read the info at Wachovia, the charge will be imposed if you
>>> initiate the download from within Money. However, if you do it manually
>>> (download from the web site, then import into Money), then there won't
>>> be a charge.

I guess what I said in my previous post was that Chase was doing the exact
same thing.  The only difference is that they continue to offer the free
service to legacy customers.  HSBC also dropped their automatic (1st party)
download service into Money (free or paid) last December, although you can
still download manually from their website.  This seems to be a growing
trend as Money (and Quicken) are now limiting the downloads to their
software to two years.  It seems like the banks and MS/Intuit seem to be in
a race of who can provide the least service for the Money.
--
Peace,
BobJ

message news:%234UuGVdZHHA.2448@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It's a policy that seems quite counter to the notion of progressively
> providing access to customer data from tools like Money. It seems as
> though Wachovia is doing something specifically contrary the interests of
> Money users and, hence, to Money and programs like it. Given all of the
> hoopla surrounding this downloaded data thing, this seems to confirm my
> perception that the banks--or at least this solitary one--would prefer NOT
> to support these modes of operation since they deprive the FIs of access
> to their customers' eyeballs and mouse clicks.
>
> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>> Huh? Not sure what you're saying, Dick.
>>
>> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
>> message news:eUZie8cZHHA.4684@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Talk about getting with the program.
>>>
>>> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message

0
Privacy1 (389)
3/14/2007 2:30:27 AM
Sad, isn't it? If Yodlee and CashEdge are the answer to much of anything,
I'd love to know what the question was.

"Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
> This seems to be a growing trend as Money (and Quicken) are now limiting
> the downloads to their software to two years.  It seems like the banks and
> MS/Intuit seem to be in a race of who can provide the least service for
> the Money.

WAIT! this fee is easily avoided!

You didn't see the asterisk, check at the bottom:

* Customers who access Wachovia Online Banking directly through personal
financial management software and have an active Crown Select, Crown
Classic, Crown Banking, Crown Access, Crown Regular, Crown Interest, Custom
Banking, Performance Banking or Command Asset Program will not be charged.

I  have a Crown account, it's easy to change your account to that, there are
no fees to change, and there are only advcantages to having that type of
account. They can probably change your account to that over the phone, I
went in to the local branch and had it changed. I have found their people to
be very friendly and competent.

No reason to change OR start paying the fee!

"Steve" <steve.lundwall_AT_state.tn.us> wrote in message
> Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells
> Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now
> Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April.
> They have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to charge
> me to simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they don't
> charge their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same thing.)
>
> So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts
> using Microsoft Money? Thanks.
>
> Steve

0
donawalt1 (63)
3/14/2007 10:49:00 AM
It is so interesting that we are becoming a society willing to pay to avoid
advertising - which I suspect is the case here. Since I don't want to use
their Bill Pay site AND I want to use a more integrated tool for my needs
AND I don't want their advertisers in my face - I have to pay to avoid them.
But we do it with Sirius Satellite Radio, Cable TV, on-line newsletters (of
print version over-loaded with ads), etc... I get sooooo tired of the
advertising barrage.......

I still don't see a valid need for charging me to get to my own financial
data. By me using Money (or Quicken) I am actually saving them work and
making their job easier yet I have to pay THEM for the privilege. What are
we coming too?

Thanks for the help an the information.

Steve

message news:O3KCObeZHHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Sad, isn't it? If Yodlee and CashEdge are the answer to much of anything,
> I'd love to know what the question was.
>
> "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
>> This seems to be a growing trend as Money (and Quicken) are now limiting
>> the downloads to their software to two years.  It seems like the banks
>> and MS/Intuit seem to be in a race of who can provide the least service
>> for the Money.

0
Steve
3/14/2007 2:20:17 PM
"Sam" <sam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:43EJh.7345$B7.5139@bigfe9...

> "Steve" <steve.lundwall_AT_state.tn.us> wrote in message
>> Well, one of the reasons I switched to wachovia two years ago from Wells
>> Fargo was the free access to my own money data using Microsoft Money. Now
>> Wachovia is going to start charging $5.95 per month starting in April.
>> They have my money, are using it to fund loans and yet they want to
>> charge me to simply communicate data. (Yes, I pay bill with it but they
>> don't charge their customers for on-line bill pay which does the same
>> thing.)
>>
>> So, what other bnks are out there that still have free access to accounts
>> using Microsoft Money? Thanks.
>>
>> Steve
>>

> Bank of America charges 9.95 a month for "enhanced" online services that
> allow Money to update.  but there are no charges for the web site
> including bill pay.  However if you get the mega-deluxe account, and there
> are ways to get it free if you have certain minimum balances, loans,
> etc... it's free.

Correct, the limits for free enhanced online (auto download) is combined 5K
in checking, Savings, and loan service.
Art

"Mike" <mmcdaniel1960@comcast.net> wrote in message
> No fees at Chase...  It's been a positive experience.

Investigate Amsouth, now Regents.

0
spam_magnet (1210)
3/18/2007 5:46:38 PM
Man that sucks...i totally agree...Recently I upgraded from money 2004 to
MSmoney 2007 deluxe...to tell the truth if i hadn't run into that glitch
about changing
your password with hotmail ...which was connected to my passport...which was
connected to my MSmoney....i'm not sure if i would have upgraded or not...in
the end to resolve my being locked out of my program and not wanting to lose
all of my financial data for the past 5 years...i upgraded to msmoney 2007
which claimed to have resolved that issue....tadaaaaa.....it worked...I'm
still here!!!

:)

anyways...BofA thought it would be a pretty cool thing to do some upgrades
to their online banking system or whatever!!! all i can say is that bank
needs to do some damn unit testing before they actually fully implement
something live....in other words...work out the kinks before you shove it to
your customers!

i still hate the fact that i don't have the option to download any of my
transactions on my credit cards....i have to wait till the beginning of the
next statement period...then this months electronic statement will be
available for download....sucks...but i'm toughin it out....i preferred to
have the same option that the savings and checking accts have...either
download the whole statement or a specific date range...guess that was too
hard for them....

its a pisser to have to bend to their will when we are letting them have our
money and them making interest and loans on our money which they have in the
bank...i swear everyone in the world or the U.S. should just boycot all their
banks and goto them and say....i want to withdraw all my money NOW!!! and
everyone takes out all their money on the same day....and keeps it for a
week....would be a funny to see how the banks react....

anyways...gotta study some more anatomy...

later

"Steve" wrote:

> It is so interesting that we are becoming a society willing to pay to avoid
> advertising - which I suspect is the case here. Since I don't want to use
> their Bill Pay site AND I want to use a more integrated tool for my needs
> AND I don't want their advertisers in my face - I have to pay to avoid them.
> But we do it with Sirius Satellite Radio, Cable TV, on-line newsletters (of
> print version over-loaded with ads), etc... I get sooooo tired of the
> advertising barrage.......
>
> I still don't see a valid need for charging me to get to my own financial
> data. By me using Money (or Quicken) I am actually saving them work and
> making their job easier yet I have to pay THEM for the privilege. What are
> we coming too?
>
> Thanks for the help an the information.
>
> Steve
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:O3KCObeZHHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > Sad, isn't it? If Yodlee and CashEdge are the answer to much of anything,
> > I'd love to know what the question was.
> >
> > "Marilyn & Bob" <Privacy@nospam.please> wrote in message
> >> This seems to be a growing trend as Money (and Quicken) are now limiting
> >> the downloads to their software to two years.  It seems like the banks
> >> and MS/Intuit seem to be in a race of who can provide the least service
> >> for the Money.

0
NC (61)
3/19/2007 12:50:16 AM
Does WAMU charge for their download service?

MS Money 2007 does not seem to know about a download service from WAMU.
When I tried to set up an account with Washington Mutual, Money claims it is
using the third party screen scraper. Thus WAMU would not be charging as
they do not charge for web access to your account information.

<amiyagupta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does WAMU charge for their download service?

With some accounts, Wachovia charges if you download from within Money.
But, if you initiate the download from the website, then there's no charge.

--
Michael Gordon

<amiyagupta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does WAMU charge for their download service?

0
gordonm (1013)

upgrading from Money 2003 to 2004
I presently use Money 2003 Deluxe for business. Has anyone figured out which 2004 is the equivalent? Has anyone upgraded from one to the other? Help! Thanks I would also like to know about the new 2004 for business. What happens to personal account in Money 2003? What about online Check writing, will my existing account be carried over. Why is the documentation of this new product, Money 2004 for business, on Microsoft Web Site so poor? "Andrew" <asjg@adauro.com> wrote in message news:020601c35e7c$fa0d30f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I presently use Money 2003 Deluxe for...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian
Hi, Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don't want to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work. Thanks in advance, In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote: > >Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible? I was hoping to >convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful. I'll live with Money 2006 >Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first. I don'...

Backup Money 2007 to DVD
I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY Money Backup but I want to backup with DVD. How do I do this?????? When exited from Money, use your favorite burning software and burn a DVD from the file? "Chris109" <Chris109@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64AEF5D0-105A-4392-BA6D-369A7F31FEF8@microsoft.com... >I can backup Money 2007 H&B via CD using C:\Documents and > Settings\Chris\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning\MY > Money > Backup...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

ebay - ereseller stook my money
a terrible thing happenned to me on ebay. i am a disabled woman in and eresellers took my money and never sent my washer. his email address is david@tropivision.com. anything that you can do to help would be nice. ebay is doing nothing. i can give a reward This group is for discussing the Microsoft Money computer program. Does it really sound like an eBay buyer complaint forum? Do a google search on ebay and you will find a couple of groups, one of which may reply to your problem. That ebay seller has been selling on ebay for over 5 years. arthur -- On 1 Jun 2004 13:50:08 -0700, (An...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

Cannot install Money Plus
I have Money 2002 and uninstalled it. Wanted to upgrade to a new version of Money. Tried to install Money Plus Deluxe (trial version) and keep getting error Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money. Try installing Money again. Its HP M9300t Vista Home Premium system. I tried the software on my XP computer and it work fine. So there must be a problem with Vista. Any help would be appreciated. I am having the same problem, but mine is in XP. I need a resolution quickly, because having had to uninstall Money 2003, I am now left without any checkbook regist...

Re: Money class and Fixed Decimal Class in C++
I am rewriting code that utilized Rogue Wave Money class and their fixed double class. Where can a find code to use for this. I assume that there are millions of applications written that have required rounding of numbers to represent currency. Thanks for your assistance That's a pretty vague question. Lacking any specifications of the classes involved, figuring out how to reimplement them is problematic. I first learned how to do this in 1965. It is old technology. Just figure out where you want the trucation and keep the value in those units, e.g., cents, millicents, etc. The...

MS Exchange and external mail relay
In our organization we are planning if moving from Linux (postfix) to MS Exchange server. We plan to implement Postfix (in DMZ zone) as a mail relay for Exchange server (in LAN).We have about 400 users on the same external domain like @company.com. The trick is that about 100 of users only need mail address (not also a domain account), so we're thinking if it is possible to create 300 of our users of @comany.com domain on Exchange server, all other users that need only company mail (also @comapany.com) will have mailboxes on mail relay (postfix), not on Exchange server. Since it...

Money 2003 wants to install again
I upgraded from Money 2000 to Money 2003 online. I wanted to get rid of all the works files so I used the Works 2000 cleanup tool. Now, whenever ANY window opens, it's preceded by Money 2003 wanting to install. And the knowledge base give a link to the money store and it asks for the product activation key. To add insult to injury, I called on 8/2/04@ 5:00 PM ET and recording said they were closed, even tho' the hours are until 10:00 PM> Sheesh!!! What next? Any one have any suggestions to stop the install? ...