Very Old Version of MSMoney (3.0)

I'm currently using a version of MS Money from
1994 on Windows 98....works perfectly!  I have
a new computer using MS XP... When I try to run
this version of Money I get a "general protection
fault in module "msmoney.exe 0059.0504"".
Money Standard 2002 came with the system but
I can't find it on the recovery disk to re-install.
Would rather not re-install complete system if
possible.

0
drfiat (3)
7/16/2003 5:21:39 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You might need to run the program in compatibility mode. Find the executable
for the program and right click, selecting properties. Set the compatibility
option for Windows 95 or 98.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Drew Blake" <drfiat@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently using a version of MS Money from
> 1994 on Windows 98....works perfectly!  I have
> a new computer using MS XP... When I try to run
> this version of Money I get a "general protection
> fault in module "msmoney.exe 0059.0504"".
> Money Standard 2002 came with the system but
> I can't find it on the recovery disk to re-install.
> Would rather not re-install complete system if
> possible.

0
glyn1 (1534)

MFC and threads #3
Greetings, I am running into a problem when trying to pause a thread in MFC based application. This is my first time using user defined Events for synchronization. The scenario is like this. Code executes in a worker thread and based on some conditions thread launches another new dialog window. That window displays some message to user ie, Hello There! in an Edit control. I provide a Resume button on the bottom of that message Window so that user can continue after reading the message and the worker thread should continue from where it left off. This is the code for that Resume button. v...

restoring GP 10.0 32-bit into GP 10.0 64-bit
Hello: We are going to install GP 8.0 on a 32-bit server in-house and restore a client's 8.0 data into these SQL databases. Pretty cut and dry. Next, we will upgrade this in-house server from 8.0 to 10.0. Continuing, we will install GP 10.0 on the client's new 64-bit server. Finally, we will restore the upgraded 10.0 databases from our in-house 32-bit server to the client's 64-bit server. Here's the question. Is there anything "wrong", from a technical standpoint, in restoring SQL databases from a 32-bit environment into a 64-bit environment? Thanks! chil...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, I am writing a custom report for CRM 3.0 to basically copy the My Activities view but display the regarding and To contacts and associated phone numbers. The report is basically done except for a few small issues. I would like to set up the Dynamic Drill-Through so when the person clicks on the Activity Subject it will open the associated Activity record. Unfortunately I have been unable to find the information needed to use in the following code to set the Object Type Code (OTC) to the correct activity type: = Parameters!CRM_URL.Value & "?ID={"&Fields!Activityid...

Importing Text File #3
Did ya ever have one of those lucky accidents that you like and would like to replicate? I created a simple excel workbook based on imported text data. Later, when I reopended the file, I noticed that the "refresh" button was activated and would auto import when I clicked. The best part is that the import specs were retained. I have no idea how I did this and have not been able to replicate the functionality. Can someone help? Thanks Bean, It sounds as if you used Data - Get external data. It remembers all the paramaters you specify, and you have only to do a refresh, ...

Send #3
Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after send/receive. Hi - please tell us your version of Outlook, what service pack you have, what mode if applicable (see all this in help | about) and what kind of e-mail account you use. Bernie wrote: > Messages waiting to be sent are NOT formatted in italic in > the Outbox, and therefore remain in the outbox after > send/receive. ...

Create Expression from Func? (3.5 SP1)
Hello: Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like cluttering up my method signatures with the whole Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would prefer for callers to simply see Func<TResult, T> instead. I'd like to take a Func and create an Expression from it. Is that possible? Thanks, Travis Parks Jehu Galeahsa wrote: > Hello: > > Is there are way to create an Expression from a Func? I don't like > cluttering up my method signatures with the whole > Expression<Func<TResult, T>> type. I would ...

photogallery in pub #3
How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers? Ans is 12 but please explain any body. Thanks in advance. ...

Calendar sharing #3
Hello all, the current exchange setup is as follows: 1. domain A.... is windows 2000, with exchange 5.5 and is hosted in Organization A 2. domain B .... is windows 2003, with exchange 2003 and is hosted in Organization B Is there a way for users from both domains to access the other's calendar ( for example, user 1 in domain A wants to access user 2 in domain B)? Any input is appreciated. Thanks. Diana Hi Diana, You may consider the InterOrg Replication Utility to accomplish this. Read more about it here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E7A951D7-155...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

eService Call with GP 9.0
eService GP 8 release was unchanged for GP 9.0 as per Article ". eService & eReturns NOTE: eService & eReturns for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 utilizes the same download as Microsoft Great Plains 8.0. There are no changes to eService & eReturns requiring an upgrade or installation difference. " I tried to configure eService for GP 9.0 but not able to view the proper page, it seems the COM components “Webservice” not working properly. Anyone come across the same situation? You need to go to Component Services, Computers, My Computers, Com+ Apps and make sure th...

old notebook
Hi, I have a very old notebook that support DDR ram (NEC E660), the specification saying that it only support max. 1G ram. Now I am running 256Mx2 ram. Can I upgrade it to 1Gx1 or can only upgrade it with 512Mx2 ram. Thanks a lot. yes peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "bob" <bobby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eCanYubiKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > &...

Averaging cell's...problems with Div/0
Hi guys. First time poster here so be gentle with me. I am looking fo some assistance averaging a range of 1 to 3 numbers. Here is what I have so far. =(D3+F3+H3)/(IF(C3=0,0,1)+IF(E3=0,0,1)+IF(G3=0,0,1)) This works great. What it does is checks to see if there is a value i the cell, then counts it and divides by the right number. I.E if yo only have two values out of 3 filled in it divides the number by tw instead of 3. My problem... if all 3 fields are 0 then I get a divide by 0 error. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I don't want my spreadsheet to loo messy before I start plu...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Money 2005 which Australian Version
I currently have Quicken Plus 2002 and it does everything I want and I am used to it's quirks. BUT, I am looking to upgrade if and only if, I can find a version of the Money product, for Australia, that allows me to sync with my PDA. This is the last frontier as far as I'm concerned with these products. I am amazed this is not a standard feature already as it is usually time poor people who wish to manage there finances with these products and being able to keep transactions up to date when in transit and travelling would be the ultimate for me. Quicken also doesn't handle ...

installing GP 10.0 on workstations only
Hello: I understand that you can install GP 10.0 and forego installation of the application on the server. If you choose to go that route, then how do you path to SQL during the first-time run of GP Utilities when you create the company databases? I mean, if you install GP on the first workstation without installing GP on the server at all, you have to tell GP the path to the database (in the Database Setup window). Can you use UNC pathing in that window or do you have to use mapped drives? Also, what sort of security do you need to create the databases from the workstation? Domai...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Invest $3.70 & Earn $ 1 million By E-gold
Invest $3.70 and earn $1,000,000.00 By e-gold! Free sign-up. Guaranteed earnings! http://www.ptsu.biz/index.php?ref=petertian ...

Dlookup turn -1 or 0 into a word
I have a message box that displays if a product is 'Stocked' or 'Not STocked' but in the databse its stored as -1 or 0 I use the follwoing code DLookup("StockedItem", "tblProduct", "ProductID=" & Me.ProductID) So in the message box at the moment it says -1 or 0, how do i code it to says 'stocked' if -1 and 'Not STocked' if 0 Thanks Assuming ever field has a value: If Stocked = -1 Then MsgBox "Stocked", vbOKOnly Else MsgBox "Not Stocked", vbOKOnly End If -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MV...

MSMoney 2006 file on network
Hi -- Is it possible to have the MSMoney file in a shared directory on a LAN, so that it can be accessed from two computers (each running a copy of MSM2006)? What precautions need to be taken, eg., can MSM2006 on both computers be running simultaneously, is there a file access lock (like with Word), or is there danger of corrupting the file contents? Any insight into the subject would be helpful. --Marcin PS. I know of the "share file" feature, but I don't want to use it, since it seems to require that the file be exported to MSN first. PPS. Please, reply to the NG only. ...

GreatPlains 9.0 and SQL2005
I'm trying to find requirements for GP 8.0 (SQL2000 and BusinessPortal 2.5 ) to GP 9.0 (SQL2000 BusinessPoratl 3.0) upgrade. As far as I understand SQL 2005 not required to run GP 9.0 with BusinessPortal 3.0 . Am I going to lose any functionality/features buy staying with SQL2000? I heard windows authentication will be available in GP 9.0 only in SQL2005 configuration. Is it true? Thanks in advance. You do not have access to the checkboxes in user setup with SQL 2000. However, you maintain the use of SQL Server Reporting Services because GP 9 does not work with the SSRS in 2005...

How do I import old Publisher files? #2
I was told to turn off Norton, can you help me? ...

Crm 3.0 11-09-07
I have one server windows 2003 standard r2 sp2 With: _Crm 3.0 _Wsus 3.0 I first installed CRM 3.0 (databases point on another server) and after I installed Wsus 3.0 with standard installation (comprehensive SQL 2005 espress edition) Now when I go to http://nameserver:5555 all open correctly but not report folder. When I click report folder I have an error (there is an error please contact your system administrator). I try to go to http://nameserver/serverreports but there isn't a web page (IIS say impossible find page). Have Wsus delete iis report configuration? How I can restore t...

Outlook Newsgroups #3
Question? Why has Outlook (not Express) always asked in the past if it would like to be the Default News Reader, I believe it has never been able to do this function. Why is it that you have to go to a lower type email program to read Newsgroups? I will never use Express and would love to remove it from my system. I currenty use Mozilla Thunderbird to read Newsgroups. Does anyone know why Micrsoft refuses to add Newsgroup options to their full Outlook program? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Question? >Why has Outlook (not Express) always asked in the past if it would like...