Using the "Enter" key

I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks.
However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed.  The one, and
most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the
option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form.
 Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005?  Is there a way to get
this function back?
Thanks
Steve P.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote:

>I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks.
>However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed.  The one, and
>most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the
>option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form.
> Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005?  Is there a way to get
>this function back?

Can I interest you in the tab key?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/19/2005 8:51:19 PM
In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote:

>I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks.
>However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed.  The one, and
>most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the
>option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form.
> Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005?  Is there a way to get
>this function back?

Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->UseEnterKey...
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/19/2005 8:53:09 PM
No you can't interest me in the Tab key...lol...I must be blind.  Thanks for
your help Cal.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote:
>
> >I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks.
> >However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed.  The one, and
> >most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the
> >option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form.
> > Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005?  Is there a way to get
> >this function back?
>
> Tools->Settings->AccountSettings(global)->UseEnterKey...

Enter "1", cell show ".01". Why?
Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. If proceded by "=" the number is correct. What caused this and how can I fix it? Try this .. Click Tools > Options > Edit tab Uncheck "Fixed decimal" > OK Things should be back to normal now .. (it's a fixed decimal setting !) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Yonian" <Yonian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40499CA4-7FAF-42A6-8B19-A90881735C50@microsoft.com... > Any number typed into a cell is divided by 100. > If p...

entering cell text from a macro
What is the format for entering text in a cell from a macro? Range("A1").Value="HERMAN" <hjg57@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:nIGHg.2893$C6.134@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > What is the format for entering text in a cell from a macro? > > ...

Enter key does different things in different circumstances
This is more of an annoyace than a true issue but i would appreciate any help. I'm running Excel 2007. I'm using a spreadsheet to keep scores for quiz matches. Across on row 6 I have the question numbers. Immediately below that is a spot for me to enter the point value. Both of these cells span two columns (i.e. column 6 and 7 for one question, 8 and 9 for the next, etc.). Then, underneath those cells there are a total of 16 rows used for the first team, a set of separator rows and then 16 more rows for the other team. Up to 8 quizzers can be on each team but, be...

Cannot enter est. revenue + Workflow woes
Two issues (amongst countless others) I have with CRM are: - It doesn't appear to be possible to enter the estimated value of an opportunity, even if I specifically update the form to be 'user provided'. The text box remains greyed out. I have checked whether the value is read-only on the form (which it isn't) and one cannot edit the attribute as it is a system attribute. Furthermore, the opportunity always remains at an estimated value of 0 despite creating associated quotes. - I have created a workflow whereby follow up phone calls are created when users pick from a...

Entering bills Money 2004 Glitch
I've been using Money for years and came across my first problem. I'm currently using Money 2004 Deluxe. In the "Manage scheduled bills and deposits" screen I click on the bill or deposit to enter it into my checking account register. When I click on my weekly deposit Money enters it fine. When I click on the next bill to enter it says "Record this deposit into your account register" and shows the amount as a credit and in the lower right hand corner it says deposit. But this is a payment! The only way I can currently fix this is I have to exit completly out ...

How to hide values in a running balance untill new data is entere.
I'm trying to make a spreadsheet to keep track of the miles I bike and the total time. For each of these, I made a running balance. The entire range displays the total. I would like to hide the displayed future totals untill a new value is entered for that particular day. example: miles total 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 I don't want to see all those 3's until I input...

enter data in cell then run macro automatically
Hi, Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of the enter key will cause a macro to run? Rick Yes. That type of macro is run from Event code. For more on events see Chip Pearson's site at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm Or David McRitchie's site at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:04:42 -0000, "R D S" <RDS@members.v21.co.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >Is it possible that I can enter data into a cell and then the pressing of >the enter key will cause a macro to...

How to make Excel detect the "closest" date to the one I entered and return an value?
Hi all, I have some excel question and hope all the expert here ca help.. last time.. the SUMPRODUCT really helped me a lot and I am stil trying to really understand how it works.. anyways.... .. here is my problem... Col A is a list of date in ascending order, Col B is an numberic value Say in cell C1 , I will enter a random date.. and how can I make Exce to search through Col A and find the closest date to what I hav entered in C1 and return the corresponding Col B value ? Well. not really closest... as long as Col A is a date that is les then and yet the closest . imagine in Col ...

what happened to my "enter" key?
In Excel 2000, pressing enter in a cell works sort of like a "carriage return." The first cell in the next row is activated. In Excel 2002, the active cell doesn't change when I press enter. I can only use the arrow keys or mouse to navigate. Is there a setting to restore the "old" way? Thanks (in advance), George Tools>Options>Edit Move Selection after Enter -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "George Radcliffe" <spamfree.incredageorge@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:03c901c356bd$521680c0$...

Is there a way to hide worksheets and/or rows/columns based on information enter into a particular cell of range of cells?
Marc Hi Marc, if this is multiple choice: Yes If this is an essay: Yes, with macros Your question is much too broad for a newsgroup, though you would find answers in both Google web search and Google Groups search. Concentrate on the searches like hide sheets OR worksheets sub in newsgroups add group:*excel* in web search add excel -forum -hth -julsoft Filter Test, AutoFilter and Hidden Rows/Columns http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/filter_tst.htm look for use of word Hide in shortcuts http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm to unhi...

How do I undo the alt+enter function?
Hi not sure what you're trying to do. Do you want to delete a manual linebreak? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JennyB" <JennyB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2D990E6E-E599-4566-9D51-2158C56F9898@microsoft.com... > highlight the cell you want to change, on the main menu selec Format>cells (CTRL+1), click the 'Alignment' tab and uncheck Wrap Text Your text line now shows small squares at the point of each carriag return. Press F2 (edit) and delete the squares (they may not b visible in edit mode, but they are still the...

Returns entered from previous closed shift
When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of previous closed shift? Since these returns are not from the current shift and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of > previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh= ift > and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the sh...

Automatically enter date and time but only update once.
I have a workbook that contains 14 sheets. I have a sheet for each month followed by 2 sheets for information. Each Month sheet has the following column headings associated from columns A through J:- Owner; from date; number of days; to date, address, ID, month, input by; date; time. I have to input data in columns A, B, C E, H, I and J. Columns A and H are pick lists. I have formulas in the following columns:- Column C: =IF(ISBLANK(Cnn),"",+Bnn+Cnn) Column F: =IF(ISBLANK(Enn),"",+Fnn+1) I want column I to be populated AUTOMATICALLY (do not want to use the Contr...

Tab / Enter key behaviour. Auto Wrap?
Good afternoon all. I'm currently working on a spreadsheet that keeps track of cheques tha come in the mail, and when they have been sent off. There are only rows needed, so to save space, I repeat the same block of 6 lines fro row 1 to 36, in A->K A1-6 contains the sources headers. **** Cheque # Cheque Amnt # of Entries Date Sent **** This is repeated every 6 lines. So, sample data of A1-12 is **** Cheque # Cheque Amnt # of Entries Date Sent **** **** Cheque # Cheque Amnt # of Entries Date Sent **** Now, here's what I want to do... When I'm typing in a cheque, I hit ent...

Follow hyper-link by pressing "Enter"
my 2000 excel allowed me to follow a hyper-link by simply pressing "Enter". Now the 2003 version makes me have to use the mouse clicker. Can I set this excel to follow hyper-link by pressing "Enter"? I think that ability died with xl2002. Bob Small wrote: > > my 2000 excel allowed me to follow a hyper-link by simply pressing "Enter". > Now the 2003 version makes me have to use the mouse clicker. Can I set this > excel to follow hyper-link by pressing "Enter"? -- Dave Peterson ...

Add Payment without manually entering the balance
I have a Query / Form set up to deduct a single payment made and the balance is accurately calculated for the field. I want to be able to enter a payment on a form and a running balance to be maintained. The problem is I have to enter the current balance each time. I need the current balance to be presented in the text field of the Query / Form when a payment is made. I have all the data being saved to a table. Thanks for any help in this matter. It's dead easy to display a running balance on a report (using the Running Sum property of a text box), but not easy to do ...

How do I enter a symbol in a footerl?
Ensure Excel footer is the same font as the 'symbol' and simply copy and paste. "EmmaA" wrote: > I need to enter a copyright symbol in my footer, but am unable to paste when in the footer dialog box. Also, cannot find which key corresponds to the copyright when 'Symbol' is selected as the font. Any help would be gratefully received. "Jock W" wrote: > Ensure Excel footer is the same font as the 'symbol' and simply copy and paste. > > "EmmaA" wrote: > > > Simplest solution is to use the Windows Character M...

no memo field data after enter
I have a memo field on a form, where teammates enter continuous customer data. After each sentence, they hit the enter key, to seperate the notes in the field. The underlying table is only recording everything up to the time they hit the enter key the first time. So, I could have 20 sentences (entries) in the field, and only the first entry will show up in the table. Anyone know why, and is there a way to correct this? Thanks, Perry -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 Are you sure the other lines are not there? They won&...

GP does not use Accounts entered in Inventory Card ?
We setup Accounts for Inventory as followed: 1. Posting Accounts for Inventory left BLANK because we'd like GP to pull them from the Inventory Card. 2. Accounts used in the Inventory Card are Inventory, COGS, and Sales. The rest are left BLANK. When we entered an item in the STE window and check its Distributions, all Accounts are automatically filled in by GP using just a "single" Inventory account. It's a tedious task for Salespeople has to come in every time and change the COGS and Sales, for instance, to their respective account numbers. What did we do wrong? Th...

Suggestion: Would like easy way to enter a "Reversing" quick journ
Customer would like to reverse a quick journal. Would like an option to see the entry and pick a reverse button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b498b540-...

how to allow the user to enter their search criteria
HI I have wached the video showing me how the user of the DB can enter their own dates to perform a query but I need to know how the user of my database can enter for example their own "Country" or "insitution" so that they can find for example - all students who have went to "Japan" or "Kyoto University". My columns are headed "Country" and "institution" - i tried for example "=[Country]" it worked the first time and allowed the user to enter the country but then it stopped and didn't give a search opti...

Avoid user having to enter hours when using [mm]:ss format
I am formatting a spreadsheet to enter sports-score from a particular event. I format cells to display mm:ss using "custom" format [mm]:ss. However the user, it appears, has to enter 00 for hh to get the display correct. How can I avoid this? Hi as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lady_luck" <Lady_luck@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6265CAB7-B46E-4E9E-B1EE-45ADB9C40755@microsoft.com... > I am formatting a spreadsheet to enter sports-score from a particular ...

Can't enter bill into registry from bill summary page
I'm using Money Plus with SP1 on XP. When I click Enter Into Registry Button from Bill Summary page, nothing happens. It worked fine before the SP1. Any idea to slve this? attic ...

how do I enter data from 1 spreadsheet to another many times
I have on one page the basic data in singular line form, To translate this to a more readable form I made another page in the folder into a more readable form of which I can print and use away from the computer. I would like to know how can I use the form to copy the required data without the labor intensive re-entering in each form of a new form for each line in the oringinal data sheet. is there a formula or set of instructions that will do this automatically copying the desired cell onto the new page without all of the work? I hope I have expalined myself claearly since I'm a nov...

Entering Dates #2
I want to be able to enter the date in cell A1 and have it complete the rest of the dates of the month in the other cells of row A. I usually just enter =A1, =A1+1, =A1+2, etc.,but now I need it to recognize what months are 28 days and what days are 30 or 31. What is the function to make this work? John try using: A1 = start date A2 = A1 +1 A3 = A2 +1 A4 = A3 +1 and so on This will cope with the all months. You'll simply roll over into the next month Regards Trevor "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:011b01c3d753$e7905880$a001280a...