Using Money2006 100% OFFLINE

Hi,
I just upgraded from M99 to M06. Every time I open Money, it starts updating
my account, a process which goes on for hours, and I have to do a hard
shutdown of my PC to stop it.  I do not want to use Passport or any other
online/downloading feature.  All I want to do is restore my old M99 file and
pick up where I left off.  Does anyone know how I can just use Money 100%
offline (i.e., enter all of my transactions and reconcile my account
manually)?  I followed the instructions on removing my Passport credentials
and my personal financial info from MSN Money, but it still keeps trying to
update my account every time I open Money.   I am so frustrated with M06, any
help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Joanne

0
JoanneL (2)
1/9/2006 3:04:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

how about that box at the login screen that says "work offline"?

"JoanneL" wrote:

> Hi,
> I just upgraded from M99 to M06. Every time I open Money, it starts updating
> my account, a process which goes on for hours, and I have to do a hard
> shutdown of my PC to stop it.  I do not want to use Passport or any other
> online/downloading feature.  All I want to do is restore my old M99 file and
> pick up where I left off.  Does anyone know how I can just use Money 100%
> offline (i.e., enter all of my transactions and reconcile my account
> manually)?  I followed the instructions on removing my Passport credentials
> and my personal financial info from MSN Money, but it still keeps trying to
> update my account every time I open Money.   I am so frustrated with M06, any
> help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
> Joanne

0
kyle (72)
1/9/2006 10:32:05 PM
Thanks. I tried that, but every time I open my restored back-up file from
Money99, it says "updating your accounts" in the upper right-hand corner.
This happens even when I disconnect my internet cable.  Like I said, have to
manually shutdown my PC to stop it.

"Kyle" wrote:

> how about that box at the login screen that says "work offline"?
>
> "JoanneL" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I just upgraded from M99 to M06. Every time I open Money, it starts updating
> > my account, a process which goes on for hours, and I have to do a hard
> > shutdown of my PC to stop it.  I do not want to use Passport or any other
> > online/downloading feature.  All I want to do is restore my old M99 file and
> > pick up where I left off.  Does anyone know how I can just use Money 100%
> > offline (i.e., enter all of my transactions and reconcile my account
> > manually)?  I followed the instructions on removing my Passport credentials
> > and my personal financial info from MSN Money, but it still keeps trying to
> > update my account every time I open Money.   I am so frustrated with M06, any
> > help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
> > Joanne

0
JoanneL (2)
1/10/2006 12:26:01 AM
"JoanneL" <JoanneL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. I tried that, but every time I open my restored back-up file from
> Money99, it says "updating your accounts" in the upper right-hand corner.
> This happens even when I disconnect my internet cable.  Like I said, have
> manually shutdown my PC to stop it.

How about a software firewall?

0
spam_magnet (1210)
1/10/2006 5:17:37 AM
If you bought Money 2006 as a "Download".. you have no choice but to suffer
the online updates with your Passport.. UNTIL Money is updated from the
"Trial Version" to the real thing... all the purchased Money 2006 downloads
are nothing more than trial versions until Microsoft can tie the payment
information in billing.microsoft.com to your downloaded version.

Once the update is compete and it no longer says you are using a trial
version Then you can remove you passport as a way of logging in.

"JoanneL" wrote:

> Hi,
> I just upgraded from M99 to M06. Every time I open Money, it starts updating
> my account, a process which goes on for hours, and I have to do a hard
> shutdown of my PC to stop it.  I do not want to use Passport or any other
> online/downloading feature.  All I want to do is restore my old M99 file and
> pick up where I left off.  Does anyone know how I can just use Money 100%
> offline (i.e., enter all of my transactions and reconcile my account
> manually)?  I followed the instructions on removing my Passport credentials
> and my personal financial info from MSN Money, but it still keeps trying to
> update my account every time I open Money.   I am so frustrated with M06, any
> help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
> Joanne

0
nfe6848m (4)
1/13/2006 2:36:02 PM
JoanneL, how did you successfully transfer your files from M99 to M06? I
can't even get that far w/o corruption messages..........

"JoanneL" wrote:

> Hi,
> I just upgraded from M99 to M06. Every time I open Money, it starts updating
> my account, a process which goes on for hours, and I have to do a hard
> shutdown of my PC to stop it.  I do not want to use Passport or any other
> online/downloading feature.  All I want to do is restore my old M99 file and
> pick up where I left off.  Does anyone know how I can just use Money 100%
> offline (i.e., enter all of my transactions and reconcile my account
> manually)?  I followed the instructions on removing my Passport credentials
> and my personal financial info from MSN Money, but it still keeps trying to
> update my account every time I open Money.   I am so frustrated with M06, any
> help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
> Joanne

0
Carrie (48)

How to use a DLL!?
Hi all, according with your experince: 1. I'm exporting class functions from DLL instead of global function, is there something i've to check!? 2. I need to run a DLL func in a separate thread, at moment the app create the thread and exec this func. I actually prefer the DLL to start the thread, any problems doing so!? Thanks you all!! Ale ...

No results using DateDiff
I am working with DateDiff . I get no error messages but also do not get any results in my calculated field. I have two dates, START_DATE and END_DATE and I need to know the number of days between them. START_DATE and END_DATE are both Date/Time type with a Short Date format. I am working in the QBE grid to write the query. I select an empty column and put my DateDiff calculation on the line below Or: in the Criteria area. I have tried: [END_DATE]-[START_DATE] and DateDiff("d",[START_DATE],[STOP_DATE]) Both approaches ask for parameter values for Time and STOP_DATE. If I d...

Transfer Files Using VBA
Hi, I'd like to transfer files from several drives on my pc to one cetnral location. From A:\Office1\ B:\Office2\ C:\Office3\ To D:\HeadQuarters\ My routine now is the following 1) Copy the files from drives: A, B, and C; and then 2) Paste the filesto the D drive 3) Delete the files permanently from drives A, B, and C. As you see this is a tedious routine, which I'd liket o avoid by using VBA. Can someone start me off with some code on how to accomplish this. Thanks so much in advance! Jrew Jrew, You could create a batch file (from the olden days) using XCOPY and desired bel...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

Issue when using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hi! I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can anyone guide me on how to handle this? M P What issues have you seen? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:eoqSaBjTGHA.5884@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I have seen issues on using Outlook 2003 on MS Exchange 5.5 SP4. Can > anyone guide me on how to handle this? > > M P > It was pretty easy for me to find this in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft...

I have over 100 excel sheets i need put in alphabetic order,how?
Background: I have an index page with hyperlinks to each sheet, each sheet has a COUNT function to add the entries and a SUM function on the index page which adds the result of each COUNT function, to do that I used "SUM(Birmingham:Worcester'!B2)" as each sheet has a geographical name a newly added sheet may not fall within the specified range and therefore may not be added. Is there a way to alphabetise these sheets? Rob, have a look here, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to t...

Use of subkeys in SetRegistryKey
The following code causes ini settings to be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Company\Product Group\<application name> \<section name>\<value name> SetRegistryKey("Company\\Product Group"); This is what I want it to do, but there is nothing in the documentation to say that this should work. Is this unsupported behaviour that may not work in future windows versions or supported but undocumented behaviour? Thanks <dimstthomas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190714009.923549.98910@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following code causes ini sett...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

Using Outlook with a VPN
Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to work from home, today one of the employees highlighted a problem with it though. When connected through the vpn, they are unable to access their Outlook emailand insted have to disconnect and then access through a normal dial-up. Any thoughts? Many Thanks Try this. When you get the VPN login screen, choose Properties. On the Options tab, check the box next to Include Windows logon Domain. That helped me. Bob >-----Original Message----- >Yesterday i set up a VPN so as to allow our employees to >work f...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

Going CRM Offline
I am getting same error too. ...

Solution: Error 2306: There are too many rows to output (Access to Excel using OutputTo)
I've joined the legions who've encountered this problem with the OutputTo method in Access: Run-time error 2306 There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or by Microsoft Access A lot of people seem to have encountered it. The reason is because OutputTo defaults to an old version of Excel which only allows 16K rows A lot of people also suggest using TransferSpreadsheet instead, but that caused me a lot more problems (putting a single quote in front of my text data) Intellisense for the command does not list what your options are for th...

having problems using performanceCouter
hi, i've made a program that shows the CPU idle time using the performance counter, using Visual C# . however, from some reason, it works on any computer other than my home PC . i've searched on the net but couldn't find what causes it. what i get is an exception that if is not caught, closes the program. here's a picture of what i get while debugging: http://img294.yfrog.com/i/picture20091211182403.png/ what i think is that maybe some service of windows (that the performance counter needs) doesn't work well(or is just disabled) . my computer runs on Windo...

Using Jet to read excel file returns blank for last cell
With VB6 I am opening an Excel file to query the contents using ADO. I am then using the contents of the worksheet to create a format file that is used for a bulk insert into SQL Server. We designed the program this way so that users can use a spreadsheet to import data in any format they want and process the data based on values set in the spreadsheet. This keeps us from having to design new tables and format files for new record layouts which come down pretty often. Everything works fine usually. There is just one perculiarity that is happening with the Excel file. Sometimes, th...

using screen...
Hi, I have problem with the query in the cascade combobox when the form name change. Is there a way to replace the following using screen.activeform [Forms]![frmCoFundReview]![Partner] => screen.activeform.[Partner] ? SF Not that I know. You could use a separate query for each form. Each query would have the correct form name for the combo box. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "SF" <samnangs@pactcambodia.org> wrote in message news:u%23z%23g6iyKHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have probl...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

In Word how to use Outlook, Excel
I am using Word 2007. How can I access Outlook contacts or Excel documents from Word -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions To access Outlook contacts, Outlook must be your default e-mail application in Windows. You can then use Insert Address (which you can add to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) . What is it that you want to access from Excel? If you need to look something up in Excel and enter it into a document, you will need a macro. You can however use edit paste special to insert Excel cells copied to the clipboard. -- <>>< ><<...

Cannot use default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...

OWA using a new Web Site
I have recently Installed SBS 2000, by default OWA is operational from the default web site. I have created several new sites in IIS and created the necessary virtual directories to gain access to the exchange mail server. However when I try to go in via a web browser I get the folder/file listing view in IE rather than the templates. All of the settings between the default virtual folders and the domain I wish to use are the same and I am stumped. I can still access the template from the server by going to the address http://localhost/Exchange at the server Any assistance would be apprec...

How to use InputBox for passphrase entry?
Ostensibly, I would like to use InputBox (or the equivalent) to enter a passphrase for an encryption algorithm. The problem: the passphrase is normally in the clear when typing in the InputBox field. Is there some way to cause the system to echo "*" or the equivalent for each character as they are typed? On Feb 8, 2:22=A0pm, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote: > Ostensibly, I would like to use InputBox (or the equivalent) to enter a > passphrase for an encryption algorithm. =A0The problem: =A0the passphrase= is > normally in the clear when typin...

Outlook wont start, even as I had previously used it on the same l
Recently had a system crash occasioned by impatience with a Windows update. After two weeks of tinkering, decided to reformat laptop back to factory settings. Since HP restore will not work, had to reinstall most sofware programs including Norton 360 and Office 2007Plus. Thereafter, most of my files were recovered from the most recent Norton 360 backup. Problem now is that all units of Office 2007 works perfectly except Outlook. It wont just start. All suggestions to repair Office installation or Outlook failed. Anyone with a similar problem and solution out there? Please help. ...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

Can I use solver functions in a protected (locked) worksheet?
I am using the solver function to optimize a blend of products. I want to lock (protect) some areas of the worksheet, but when doing so the solver function will not work and the following translated message arrives: The active document is not a worksheet, is protected or shared. Hope someone can help me. Thank you. Niels ...