Using Money with a Home Network

I have a wireless home network, but when I try to open my
money file over the network I get the following error
message: "Money can not locate [filename which is
correct] or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-
only file or your disk drive is write protected. If you
have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,
you will need to open your most recent backup file.

If the file is being used by another application, close
it in the other application and try again."

The file is not marked read-only, and the folder it is in
is marked to be shared and to allow users over the
network to alter the file.  In fact I can access other
files for other programs in that folder.  It is not being
used by any other programs or the other copy of Money on
my desktop.  I am using Money 2001. Is this a security
feature?  Can I get around it or fix it?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Several things could be going on here including Money Express. Basically,
Money (including M05, their marketing materials hinting to the contrary)
knows nothing about and is not prepared to deal with home networking. See
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=111 for some information. You might also
have a file sharing/permissions/ACLs problem. Can Notepad create files and
open files created in this same folder from client->server and vice versa?

In microsoft.public.money, Roy wrote:

>I have a wireless home network, but when I try to open my
>money file over the network I get the following error
>message: "Money can not locate [filename which is
>correct] or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-
>only file or your disk drive is write protected. If you
>have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,
>you will need to open your most recent backup file.
>
>If the file is being used by another application, close
>it in the other application and try again."

Your key to knowing if an application has that *.mny file open is to
look for a corresponding *.lrd file in that same folder.

See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q111

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Read Online Statement -- All the Time in Money 2006?
I just upgraded to Money 2006 from the '04 edition. It appears that it always wants me to "Read Online Statement" for all of my investment accounts, even though there's been no actual transactions in the funds. I think all that's changed is the price of the fund or stock for the day. I don't think earlier versions worked this way, and it seems odd that it asks mne to Read the Online Statement after doing nothing than grabbing the day's latest prices. Is this what everyone is experiencing, and am I the only way to find this odd? Thanks, Paul Pinella Radar Media G...

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007
First... My question: How can I delete a 'saved' Return Address in the envelope template? When I am in Word and I go to print an envelope, I have to use, or correct, a 'saved' Return Address. (Someone had saved it before and it always changes!) (The migration: Word > Mailings > Envelopes ) Please help Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4966 (20100322) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com "David Dyke&quo...

Using MS Access information in Outlook
I have an MS Access DBase that contains our companies contact information. I want to be able to use that information in an Outlook contact folder. I do not want to import the information into Outlook. I want it to be automatically synchronized. Is this possible? Mikeal ...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Update Prices Online... not updating stock prices
Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. In Money 2004 when I do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not updated. The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall. I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices for any of the stock. I verified my stocks still have the correct stock symbol listed. I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and...

Money Sunset Product
Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? If not, is there a workaround available? Regards. Also, which version should I download? "rustyfender04" <rustyfender04@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKo%23M%23yCLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. > > Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? > > If not, is there a workaround available? > > Regards. > Provided you M03/4/5 file is US locale, then it should c...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

Money 2007 won't accept Win Live ID
Money 2007 on Vista. It asks for my Windows LIve ID and I've tried three of them. To all of them it says "Your signin info could not be verified. "Go On line and then try to sign in." I'm not sure what the "go on line means, but I closed Money and singed in at several places then tried again and I get the same error message. TIA, CH If you have Money 2007 edition, and you cannot sign in with your correct passport or now called Windows Live address in addition to what is in the MSKB that addresses this: 1) Turn off your Firewall--this is a 2007 specif...

US Bank
I have a US Bank credit card, and do not use any other US Bank services, no checking, no savings, no etc. The last time I checked they wanted to charge $3.99 per month to just sync with one of their credit cards. Does anyone know if this is still the case? The explanation on their website is vague, as it has been for years, and you have to call in to ask. ...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Why doesn't indirect work with a dynamic range created using offse
Hi Has anyone else experienced this issue or I am doing something wrong. I have a series of dynamic range names defined using offset. For example the name USCities is defined as =offset(AA1,0,0,Counta(AA:AA),1) and the name Europeancities is defined as =offset(AB1,0,0,counta(AB:AB),1) In column A, dataentry into the cells is limited to USCities or Europeancities. In column B, I want to limit data entry to the range name appearing in column A. For example if USCities is selected in A1, data entry in cell B1 is to be limited to those cells forming the USCities range name. I have tri...

Create Outlook 2003 Rule using 'Or' operator in 'Sent to' condition
How do I create a rule that uses the 'or' operator in the 'sent to' condition? I actually have a rule like this, but don't know how I created it. In other rules, when I try to add more that one email address or group in 'sent to,' Outlook inserts the 'and' operator. What is the exact rule in full? In general you'd create additional rules but it depends a bit on the condition or action that you are using. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins ...

Permission to use object denied.
I have a user on a Windows 2000 machine with user rights. The user is also running office 97. When he opens a excel speedsheet and Enable's Macros, he gets the following message; "Permission to use object denied". Hi Shannon............ It sounds like there is some sort of link to another workbook that a macro is calling and your user does not have rights to it. I think I would open the book without enabling the macros, and then take a look at them to see if one is trying to do such a thing. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Shannon" <Shannon507@aol.com>...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

Money 2002 #5
I have two accounts that represent my checking account. The first one I have closed and the second one is the new account that I want to download my bank's information into. Unfortunately it does not download into the new account. How can I resolve this problem? Thank you L'Tanya Is it still downloading to the old account? If so, remove the bank name from the account details. Money requires this to import and will prompt you again to associate the download to an account the next time you download a statement. "L'Tanya Durante" <bizy.mom2@verizon.net> wr...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Upgrading Money 07 to Money 07
I'm currently using a downloaded trial copy of MS Money Deluxe, it expires in March. I just picked up a copy of Money Deluxe at Staples, along with Tax Cut, so I can take advantage of the rebate on the purchase (I was going to get Tax Cut anyway). The question is, do I need to uninstall my current install of Money 07 and install from the retail box? Or do I just install from the retail box right over my current setup and all will be fine? Or is there something else I should do? I've upgraded MS Money before, but it was always a real version upgrade (02 to 07-Trial, forex), not a t...

MS Money won't update some accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C66FBD.344D48A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable OS: Windows XP Pro, all patches from MS up to date. ZoneAlarm firewall; = McAfee AV Sent the following message to MS support this afternoon: Purchased MS Money Premium 2006 off of the MS website about a year ago. = All was working well until about 4-6 weeks ago. Symptoms and = observations: --MS Money can not update some bank accounts (Pentagon Federal Credit = Union, ETrade) and=20 some credit cards ...

Balance error
I began to get error messages that the beginning balance I was entering disagreed with the ending balance that was there..the discrepency happened two months in a row with the second month massively out of line. The first month, I just made a compensating transaction and went ahead with the balance couldn't do that the second month. I then just left the whole thing for several monthsand now want to be able to use it again. I had read something that suggested going back in for a balance session or two and un-marking the reconciled statements. Fine...I did that..but now what am I s...

Using Outlook on a MAC
Does anyone know why I can't forward HTML email with Outlook on my MAC? It is received ok but when I forward it, it goes out as text and all the formatting and images are gone. I'd appreciate the help. ...

Using Exmerge in batch-mode doesn't work
Hi there, I want to "backup" the mailboxes from my Exchangeserver to pst-files with Exmerge. I seem to have the same problem though as more people seem to have with the Exmerge utility but I haven't seen any solutions yet :-(. If I walk through the Exmerge steps using the GUI everything seems to go allright. I get a list of mailboxes, I pick the ones I want to export to .pst en Exmerge does it's thing creating a bunch of perfectly healthy .pst's. When I want to use it in batch-mode using MAILBOXES.TXT containing the mailboxes I want to export, Exmerge logs it can...

Using a MS FlexGrid
Hi, I very new to MFC programming so please bear with me. 1) I have dropped a MS FlexGrid onto a dialog which shows up correctly when I run the app but I cannot seem to be able to edit any cells. I have set the enabled property to true 2) I have have a static label which I would like to change at runtime. For example I would like the label to show the row and column I have clicked on in the grid. How can I do this? 3) Also on the OnKeyUpGrid event I would like to test that the Return key has been pressed and then be able to do something like change the cell backcolor. 4) How ca...

use of Randbetween() in Excel
Hi to everyone. I had 10 columns in Excel. A1 B1 C1 ……J1 ..... … … ……… … … … ……… A50 B50 C50 j50 Each column uses the Randbetween() function to create integers 1-100, that is Randbetween(1,100). Is there anyway to use somehow the function so the integers in every row to be different? (I mean: A1 <> B1<> C1…….<>J1, A2 <> B2 <> C2…..<> J2,……………, A50 <> B50 <> C50 …….<> j50) Thank you. http://...

What is my microsoft exchange server in initial set up? Home use
I am unable to set up my outlook. When I try to set up the account (the first account) it tells me that "the name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchage server is not available." What should my microsoft exchange server and my mailbox be? what type of mail account do you use? close outlook, go to control panel, mail and delete the existing profile. Make a new one using the correct account type. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tip...

Money 2002 and IE7
I'm running Money2002 on WinXP that is running IE6. Will updating IE6 to IE7 mess up with my copy of Money since it uses the IE engine to display stuff? I'm worried about this since IE7 had a lot of changes in its interactions with windows and other underlying programs. Thanks, hn In microsoft.public.money, WeSaySo wrote: >I'm running Money2002 on WinXP that is running IE6. Will updating IE6 to >IE7 mess up with my copy of Money since it uses the IE engine to display >stuff? I'm worried about this since IE7 had a lot of changes in its >interactions wit...