Using money on two computers ?

I wish to organise my personal accounts from both home and work. Can work
done on money be saved and brought home to be continued on ?

Are there any synchronisation features that money has ??

TIA

Simon

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Simon77 wrote:

>I wish to organise my personal accounts from both home and work. Can work
>done on money be saved and brought home to be continued on ?
>
>Are there any synchronisation features that money has ??

Do Help->MicrosoftMoneyHelp and enter "synchronize" into the Ask
Money box. To the extent that this does not answer your question,
the answer is no.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/3/2003 7:34:58 PM
Forgot to add I don't have a copy of Money

> In microsoft.public.money, Simon77 wrote:
>
> >I wish to organise my personal accounts from both home and work. Can work
> >done on money be saved and brought home to be continued on ?
> >
> >Are there any synchronisation features that money has ??
> >

> Do Help->MicrosoftMoneyHelp and enter "synchronize" into the Ask
> Money box. To the extent that this does not answer your question,
> the answer is no.

In microsoft.public.money, Simon77 wrote:

>Forgot to add I don't have a copy of Money

Oh.

The synchronization is a way of accessing your Money data on the web
via a Microsoft secure server. Money connects via internet to
reflect changes each way. You might want to consider the trial:
http://www.microsoft.com/money/deluxe/

There is no intrinsic support for multi-computer access of the same
file. You can access via network, but there is not protection for
having two computers attempting concurrent access.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Simon77 wrote:
>>
>> >I wish to organise my personal accounts from both home and work. Can work
>> >done on money be saved and brought home to be continued on ?
>> >
>> >Are there any synchronisation features that money has ??
>> >

>> Do Help->MicrosoftMoneyHelp and enter "synchronize" into the Ask
>> Money box. To the extent that this does not answer your question,
>> the answer is no.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/3/2003 8:03:13 PM
let's see you do not have ms/money yet so before you buy:
if you have ms/money2004 at work.
create data file.
dump file onto diskette/usbdrive.
take it home.
use 'different' ms/money2004.
load the data file.
sounds reasonable to me.
why not?  as long as both ms/money are same version.

0
anonymous (74722)

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

open two different Access reports

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Money 2004 Debt Planner #2

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Using INDIRECT within functions

Problems with Money 2006 standard edition
I am unable to switch the budget from Essential to Advanced, I tried the susgestion in the problem solver as found under KB899628 as per below but this did not help. Can anyone help? When you click Use Advanced Budget in Budget Settings in Microsoft Money 2005 or in Microsoft Money 2006, you are taken back to the Essential Budget page instead of to the Advanced Budget page ...

How to use count for calls per hour

WLM transfer to another computer
Hi, I finally moved from Windows 7 RTM to Win7 Pro 64. I did it by installing the new OS on a brand new hard drive, then installed my old hard drive in a 2.5" external enclosure. I've been successful in moving most of my files and settings over, but WLM is the exception. Can someone help answer these questions for me: 1. Where are the actual mail files stored? 2. Where is the account login info stored? 3. In Outlook and OE installing on a new computer, even after moving files, prompted for a full redownload off of the POP server. Anyway to avoid this? Is ther...

My Money 2003
I am trying to join one of my checking accounts to my bank online. I have a user name and password for my my online banking account. When My Money asks for the password and username, I put them in (I know they work) but I get the reply, your password must be exactly 4 spaces and rejects my password. My online password for my bank is required to be 5. How do I accomplish this task if My Money won't take the password to link to my account on line? In microsoft.public.money, bec wrote: >I am trying to join one of my checking accounts to my >bank online. I have a user nam...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Perhaps another Money alternative?
After years of their saying "what's Windows?" I not that the following announcement: --- Announcement: GnuCash 2.1.1 Release - 2007-04-28 17:47 GnuCash 2.1.1 released The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.1.1 aka "Bug-begone", the second of several unstable 2.1.x releases of the GnuCash Open Source Accounting Software which will eventually lead to the stable version 2.2.0. With this new release series, GnuCash is available on Microsoft Windows for the first time... --- I haven't checked into this further just yet, but that will certainly be...

If statment with two conditions
I have an IF statement with two condtions as noted below. I want it to work so that if column G has a y in it, it will be hidden, and also if column G has an N in it and column O has a 0 then it will be hidden. The second part doesnt work. Any thoughts? Sub Hide_new() Dim cell As Range Dim rngisect As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Set rngisect = Application.Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Range("G19: G4061")) For Each cell In rngisect If cell.Value = "Y" Then cell.EntireRow.Hidden ...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...