Using Money 2006 file with Money Plus

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me please?  I am on a business trip
and my laptop (and cash, tickets, credit cards, and so on) was
stolen.  I have a backup of my .mny file, and a loan of a laptop,
however I am still away from home so I can't reinstall from the Money
2006 CDs.  So, I thought I would download a trial copy of Money from
the MS web site.  The only one I could find was Money Plus, so I
installed that.  However when I try to open my .mny file using Money
Plus, it is looking for a Live ID and password.  I never used a Live
ID with my old .mny file - just a password.  I tried entering the
password, but it is insisting on a Live ID and PW.  So, I set up a
Live ID and used a password the same as my .mny file, but that doesn't
work either - it seems to be looking in the .mny file for the Live
ID.  I need to get into the .mny file so I can get the contact
information so I can let my banks and credit card owners know about
the theft.  Does anyone know of a way to tell Money Plus that the file
being opened doesn't have a Live ID?
Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Frank.
0
kyne (1)
12/4/2007 4:48:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, kyne@us.ibm.com wrote:

>Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me please?  I am on a business trip
>and my laptop (and cash, tickets, credit cards, and so on) was
>stolen.  I have a backup of my .mny file, and a loan of a laptop,
>however I am still away from home so I can't reinstall from the Money
>2006 CDs.  So, I thought I would download a trial copy of Money from
>the MS web site.  The only one I could find was Money Plus,

Note that Money Plus Essentials will not work with your previous
file. You need Deluxe or above.

> so I
>installed that.  However when I try to open my .mny file using Money
>Plus, it is looking for a Live ID and password.  I never used a Live
>ID with my old .mny file - just a password.  I tried entering the
>password, but it is insisting on a Live ID and PW.  So, I set up a
>Live ID and used a password the same as my .mny file, but that doesn't
>work either - it seems to be looking in the .mny file for the Live
>ID.  I need to get into the .mny file so I can get the contact
>information so I can let my banks and credit card owners know about
>the theft.  Does anyone know of a way to tell Money Plus that the file
>being opened doesn't have a Live ID?
>Many thanks for any help you can offer.
>
>Frank.

In the case of a new file, select Decline. For an existing file,
Money should not ask for a LiveID.
If the laptop is running Vista, there are some additional
considerations.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed