Using Money 2004 on Networks

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in using
Money 2004 on home networks?  If so, what impact does it
have on corruptibility?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

It works fine IF you assure that only one machine has the file open at a
time. This includes subtle things like MoneySide and MoneyExpress. My only
file corruption in the last three of four years came from inadvertently
opening Money and working in the data file on the WiFi laptop when the
desktop machine also had the file open. Whatever, have a backup strategy.

"Don Sullivan" <monkeyswing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in using
> Money 2004 on home networks?  If so, what impact does it
> have on corruptibility?

What exactly are you planning to do?

--

regards,
Michael Abbaticchio
"Don Sullivan" <monkeyswing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in using
> Money 2004 on home networks?  If so, what impact does it
> have on corruptibility?

0
nospam6185 (535)
9/27/2003 1:21:51 AM
It works fine; just make sure you don't have two users accessing the same
file simultaneously.

Michael Gordon
MVP

"Don Sullivan" <monkeyswing@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in using
> Money 2004 on home networks?  If so, what impact does it
> have on corruptibility?

0
gordonm (1013)

Money 2004 Passport
Upgraded from 2003 MS Money Deluxe to 2004. Running ME Upon loading, program request .NET Passport menu..... I want to disable this.... When I click on File, select Password Manager, then change, click disable, then click again to confirm disable, I get an error window stating "Money cannot complete, possible problems with internet connection, disconnect, reconnect, then try again" I am connected via DSL line, have been for years. Connection is OK, mail program(s) work ok, IE works OK... Any suggestions????? ...

Can i use Windows Search to find a number within Excel?
If i use Widnows search of the CONTENTS of files (not file names), i find in Excel, that for cells that contain text, they can be found. But, it does not appear to me that numbers can be found. Of course the number as Excel stores it may differ from how it is displayed. But, does anybody know if this is possible? For instance, i have a cell with the number 3,709,227 in it, as it appears in Excel (as formatted). I tried typing the number both with and without the commas, into WIndows search, but Windows search still does not find the Excel file that contains that number. So, any kn...

Using installer Cleaner
Sorry, my initial post mentionned mistaken Registry cleaner. I meant Installer Cleaner. Installer Cleaner is a neat tool when the standard uninstall process fails. I am wondering if there is a way to track changes made to the registry while removing a given entry with this Installer Cleaner? -- John Doue If you mean the windows installer cleanup utility, read the caveats before using the tool; which in any case only removes the installer entries, and not the actual program "John Doue" <notwobe@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ORyraR2zKHA.6112@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your d
Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your daughter will love. http://www.shoesbootjeans.com http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Mens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Womens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/newarrivals.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/hotproducts.html Used clothing stores are full of ite...

Changing the fields the LOOK FOR facility uses
Hi, Ive had a good look round the system and dont think this is possible, just wondered if anybody else has any ideas. The issue is as follows :- If I go to the default cases view (All Cases), I can see all cases against all accounts. I would like to be able to Look For all or part of an account name (or potentially other fields) to quickly filter this list. Is it possible to alter or add the fields that the Look For facilty will use to return results? or Can an advanced find use take arguments? Cheers Dan Hi, Go to Settings - Customization, and customize the Case enti...

Money 2007 Not Responding
Money 2007 Deluxe is periodically and un-reproduceably hanging during various operations (transaction entering, balancing accounts, etc.) with no rhyme or reason. My only option is to close Money by clicking the "X" in the upper right-hand corner of the program. Vista then asks if I want to close or wait. I've waited as long as 30 minutes with no response from Money, so I always choose "Close". None of my data seems to get lost or garbled in any way. This is a new installation of Money on a new computer with Vista. This is a new money file that only has tra...

Does anyone still use vbAdvance?
I want to customize my DllRegisterServer function and vbAdvance (http://vb.mvps.org/tools/vbAdvance/) sounds like it would be perfect. Unfortunately after downloading and installing, I try to register the Custom Registration example project "DllRegisterServerSample.dll" with regsvr32 and I get an error x0..05. I traced the problem to the code that starts the required vb stuff, in MRuntimeInit, line 106: hMod = GetModuleHandle("mydll.dll") .... pGetClass = GetProcAddress(hMod, "DllGetClassObject") If pGetClass Then CopyMemory pCall, Init...

Deleting Rows Automatically using a Text File List
I have a text file list of .jpg files that I want to delete (rows) from Excel. The list has 800+ items in it. Deleting these rows one at a time in Excel (after doing a "find") is terribly time consuming. Does anyone know how to make Excel read my text file and delete the rows with that filename in it (automatically). The filename (listed in the text file) is in a column (in my excel sheet) called "filename". Any help would be most appreciated!!! Seriously! I may have to spend hours on this otherwise! Thank you, Arielle -- mirdonamy ------------------------------...

When using Terminal Server
When remote users open Outlook from a Terminal Server session, they only see a small portion of the messages in their inbox (and other folders) that are on the Exchange Server, yet when they log in at the main office, they see all messages. What controls the two different views and how is it changed. Thanks in advance for any help, Bob Showalter, Packer International ...

Maximum value to use autofiler feature in excel
Hi, does anybody know the maximum value to use autofilter in ms excel? I heard my friend told me that excel could filter only select data is less than 1000. He told me that he has 4000 row and use autofilter, an expected record is more than a thousand but the record display only 1000 maximum. I want to test like him too but I don't have any file that contain alot many thousand of record. Does anybody have any idea? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roath Kanel" <012633023@mobitel.com.kh> schrie...

Cannot find network neigberhood for XP?
I am using XP with SP3, and cannot find my netowork neigberhood, which disappear on my desktop, does anyone have any suggestions on how to locate it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BDA67E4-7E39-42C2-B8C5-0220D1146A98@microsoft.com... >I am using XP with SP3, and cannot find my netowork neigberhood, which > disappear on my desktop, does anyone have any suggestions on how to locate > it? > Thanks in advance for any suggestions > Eric Right-click on your desktop, pick Prope...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

using find and replace it's making me look in another file to upd
I have used the find and replace function several times in the spreadsheet to update the fromulas monthly. For some reason when I use it this month it wants me to look in another file to "update values"? There is not another file and there is no way for me to use the find and replace. ...

Printing Home Inventory Worksheet Report in Money Deluxe 2005
Can anyone tell me how to print a "home inventory worksheet report" or export it to Excel in Money Deluxe 2005? I have printed this report in the past with Money 2004 Standard, but can't figure out to do so in 2005 and neither can tech support. Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but when I am in the home inventory, I can click file->print (this is deluxe 2005 uk edition) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To...

Publisher 2007 file is listed on my network, but the file wont ope
After designing a publisher application with Microsoft Office 2007, I have saved the document to my local network, and ALAS, the folder containing the file is "empty", but clicking on the folder shows the document(properties, size etc.) but I cannot open/edit/rename the file! Any help is greatly appreciated. Can you open the file if you drag it to your local hard drive? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jtjordan_design" <jtjordan_design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BBA993D-09AE-4BE5-BEFC-0A06705A16D0@microsoft.com... > After desi...

IE8 & Microsoft Money Invoices Do Not Print
Dear Sir or Ma'am: You have known for several months that IE8 stops MS Money from printing invoices. Please fix this problem now. I see discussions dating back to the beginning of March noting this problem - why does it persist? -- The Merc ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

RE: I paid the phone bill, but my roommate owes me half of it. How do I track that in Money?
Six example transactions, in sequence: #1A (acct: My Credit Card) Payee: Ebay Category: Computer Hardware Amount: �200 [payment--expense] Memo: PSP purchased for Posh #1B (acct: Flatmate Owes Me, entered at same time as #1A) Payee: [I'd probably leave blank] Category: Computer Hardware Amount: �200 [deposit--income] Memo: Posh owes me for the PSP (note, and answer to question #1, this really is a deposit, not an expense. Money may nag about income categorized as expense. Tell it you know what you are doing.) #2A (acct: My Credit Card) Payee: Ebay Category: Computer Software Amount: �2...

Change Text color using CListCtrl
Hello, Does anyone know how to change the color of text for a single row only in the mult-column ist box using CListCtrl. Thank You "Ririko Horvath" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know how to change the color of text for a single row only > in the mult-column ist box using CListCtrl. > > Thank You > > > Hi, http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/ReportControl.asp Regards, Selvam ...

Deply CRM 3 Using SMS 2003 sp2
Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What pitfalls did you see, if any? Just to clarify - CRM v3 Client for Outlook (both the full and the light client) "English Keith" wrote: > Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What > pitfalls did you see, if any? On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:50:19 -0800, English Keith <English Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What >pitfalls did you see, if any? You can't do this and I have...

Unauthorized use of POP3
I have a network of two servers running Windows Server 2003 Standard, one of which has Exchange 2003. I have 30 users all on Windows XP SP2, with Office 2003. The problem is that I suspect that one of the users has decided to start collecting her POP3 email via an account in Outllo that she has setup. Is there any way that I can verify this through the logfiles or event viewer on either Exchange or Windows Server? Thank sin advance Hi Master of the web, <webmaster@webteq.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1120636294.926426.107550@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have a network o...

Could someone please help me with using Columns?
I am working on a Word document, and I need to set up 4 columns in several parts of the document. In one example, in the first column I need 2 rows of text, in the second column I need 4 rows of text, in the third column I need 4 rows of text, and in the fourth column I need 3 rows of text. I sketched out an example of what I need it to look like in the following image: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6574/wordexamplelayout.png I need to be able to specify the number of rows in each column and the text shows up in each column. Can I do this using columns in Word? Or ...

Hardware/Network related issues with GP Installation
Hi, Is there any Hardware / Network related issues which may come up while installling GP, BP at production server? Is there any expected issues, We should take care at the time of installation? Kindly Share. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Arun. My application server with GP, BP is virtual server running on Windows Server 2003. The Database server is physical server running on Windows Server 2008. "Arun" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any Hardware / Network related issues which may come up while > installling GP, BP at production server? > > Is there any expec...

How to add a picture to an Outlook 2002 signature, without using 'Word as email editor'
We have disabled 'Word as email editor' by group policy. This is essential as we run a Citrix environment and Word as email editor hammers the server processors. However, when I have created a signature with a graphic, it does not work unless 'word as email editor' is enabled. If not, there is just an empty box with a red cross in it. There is a work around where you insert the graphic manually into your email, but this is not a satisfactory solution for users. I'd love to hear any solutions to this. We run Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2002. Cronos ...

Money and PDAs
This may be a ridiculous question, but can is there an OS compatible version of money so that it can sync with Money on a desktop? Microsoft PocketMoney for WinCE or for Palm OS... http://www.ultrasoft.com/Money/overview.shtml "robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fa01c39331$46e8d350$a101280a@phx.gbl... > This may be a ridiculous question, but can is there an OS > compatible version of money so that it can sync with > Money on a desktop? ...

Using a form to run a report?
Hi, Looked low and high for a basic tutorial on how to make use a form to enter some "field criterias" and from there run a report. That is, I have already created a report that uses an underlying query, and now I would like to make a form that change some of the queries field criterias and then run the report (using the changed criterias). But I need a kick-start, so any help much appreciated! Kindly, Mikael On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:32:03 -0800, Mikael Lindqvist wrote: > Hi, > > Looked low and high for a basic tutorial on how to make use a form to enter > some &q...