Using Microsoft Money 2003 for a small Church

I am the Rector of a very small (about 40 members)
Episcopal Church in a small town in PA.  Does anyone "out
there" have any information how I can make Money 2003 work
for our very simple Church budget?  An article I can read -
- some reference to making the categories work for a
church/business rather than home?  We can certainly use
the online banking which Money provides -- but I don't
think we need the whole business version of Money 2003.
I'm thinking that, with a little tweaking, Money 2003 for
home will do the trick.  Any suggestions?  I'm grateful
for any helpful feedback.  Many thanks.
0
jarrell (1)
7/1/2003 8:12:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Exchange 2003 SP2 and Mobile Access
Hello -I need some help with this feature. I'm using a single Exchange server and I believe most of the configuration is correct. I'm trying to sync a Cingular Treo680 using Exchange ActiveSync to no avail. Q- do I need to use certificates for mobile connections? Our OWA does use a cert... Q- is there a better/new single server setup guide? Any help is much appreciated! On Mar 14, 11:06 am, cchcc <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello -I need some help with this feature. I'm using a single Exchange > server and I believe most of the configuration is ...

Play sound
I have an office 2003 workstation - sound in general works on this system. However I have Outlook set to play a sound under options advanced e-mail options. However a popup comes up but no sound. What is the file it should play? Thanks Strangely it does play occasionally - although not always - it sometimes occurs for exchange and sometimes for Internet - it is set for REALLY loud so it isn't a matter of me not noticing the sound. "ayz" <any@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#31ONXgaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have an office 2003 workstation - sound in g...

MS Money Issues
It would be interesting to collect thoughts on the subject of MS Money vs. Quicken. I have been a long time user of Quicken but decided to switch to take advantage of what appeared to be a better user interface and better integration into the web. I have not been disappointed with those Money aspects. But.... I have spent hours 'fixing' (repairing) money (Sm Business 2004). It seems to me that the database employed by MSFT is quite fragile. In the over 10 years of using Quicken, I don't think I had one corrupt file error. MSFT appears to have taken shortcuts in in...

Paste embedded images in Outlook 2003
Hi We seem to be having problems copying and pasting images into Outlook 2003 SP3. If you copy an embedded image from 1 email and then try and paste into a new message the image appears as a white box, the actual image is missing. I've seen a few posts via google that confirm this as an issue when using Office 2003 with IE7 (although we have since moved up to IE8 and still have the issue). This issue has been ongoing for quite sometime, does anyone know if there is a fix available for this or if there is a practical work round? Thanks Guy ...

Updating Excel QueryTable using VB
Hi, I have searched the web extensively for a solution here but cannot find one. I am using the following code to refresh data from an external data source in excel. With Selection.QueryTable.Connection = Array(Array( _ "ODBC;Description=Database;DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=SERVER1\SQLEXPRESS;UID=username;APP=Microsoft Office 2003;WSID=HQD002;Netw" _ ), Array("ork=DBNMPNTW;Trusted_Connection=Yes")) .CommandType = xlCmdSql .Sql = "SELECT * FROM vwDetailsReporting" .PreserveColumnInfo = True .Refre...

Money 2001 #25
I just reinstalled Money 2001 Standard on my PC running XP Professional. I have several old MS Money files that I am attempting to open, but when I open any of them, they appear to be empty. I haven't received any error messages upon reinstallation of the software or opening of the files. Any thoughts on the possible issue? What is the size of your old Money files? If they are each a bit less than 3,000Kb then I would say they really are empty. You have got one of the best versions of Money ever released. Start over. teabag "Raphael" <Raphael@discussions.microsof...

using "transparency" option on chart settings
When making a chart, I see there is a "transparency" option (under "fill effects"), but can't figure out what it does or how to use it. Can anyone explain how to use this option? Hi, It's not available to charts. The dialog is also used for Fill Effects in shapes. And when used on a shape that section of the dialog in enabled. If you are after using transparency effect see John Walkenbach's work around. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm Cheers Andy Mike D wrote: > When making a chart, I see there is a "transparency" option (un...

Create dynamic code by using Reflection
Hi! I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to create the code dynamically ? Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? It's much much easier to create the code in the normal way. //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OZ4CzBO9KHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have hard to see a situation when I would use the reflection feature to > create the code dynamically ? > Can somebody give me a hint when this situation would arise ? > It's much much ea...

Using HTML in email signatures/emails in general
My boss has produced a Microsoft Publisher file which I have saved as HTML. There are about 15 images with the file and a couple of XML documents. I want to insert this HTML into an email to send out to customers. I have created a signature and inserted the HTML. When I create a new email, this signature and the HTML page is displayed within the email as expected. However, when sending it to recipients with virus email scanners (mainly AVG) that insert scanning details into an email (such as "No virus found in this incoming message"), the HTML does not display at all. Can anyont s...

money 2002 seems not to know me ???
My .NET passpot is valid, and works just fine every where but my Money program. The messange I get when I try to log in is:"The username you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter another sign in name or open another file" Now, I do make it a habit to change my passport log in every few months...But to my thinking, this should not preclude me from accessing my Money account, since it uses passport as a log in. Is there a place in my log files i can retreive what I need to fix this?? Thanks for your help in advance!!! Alto ...

Can I link an SQL database to my Outlook Contacts using Access?
We have contact data sitting in an SQL database and I would like it to be viewed and updated live in Outlook. Is this possible? Is Access the correct method to do this? How do I "double link" a file in Access so that it is linked to an SQL database AND to outlook? Also I'm using Acess 2002 and Outlook 2002 "arg1918" wrote: > We have contact data sitting in an SQL database and I would like it to be > viewed and updated live in Outlook. Is this possible? Is Access the correct > method to do this? How do I "double link" a file in Access so that i...

Why doesn't active quote get used in Pipeline report?
Here's the scenario I'm trying to model: 1. Create opportunity. Manually enter a ballpark figure of $10,000. 2. Work the opportunity a bit, and determine the needs. 3. Create a quote, adding existing products, for a total of $15,000, and activate it. 4. Run the pipeline report. Revenue is $10,000 5. Go to opportunity and change to system-calculated. 6. Save and close. 7. Run pipeline Result: Revenue is zero. Expected Result: Revenus is $15,000 I'd expect that if I activate a quote, the quote now drives the forecast revenue for that opportunity. I would expect that when I acti...

Office 2003: Outlook windows do not respond when communicating to
I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for mails as part of my work as our corporate requires us to use the same. The Outlook windows stop responding to any user interface events (mouse click/keyboard) when outlook application is contacting the Microsoft Exchange server and the exchange server is offline. Till the communication times out the outlook windows cannot be minimized, closed, used. The worst thing is since Microsoft Word is used by outlook for mail editing. Even Microsoft Word stops responding during the above said period. I cant understand how Microsoft can overlook such a simp...

How to delete e-mail "fill-in" feature in Outlook 2003
One feature of Outlook that I really like, is when I begin to type in an email address in the To: box, Outlook offers some choices based on previous emails. This works really great if ALL the emails are correct..how do I delete a misspelled email in this list? Thanks Jerry when it comes up, select the misspelled entry using the arrow key and press Del key. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.s...

TLS/SSL in Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out what my options are when it comes to encrypting the SMTP traffic from a client to the server (I.E. users that need to relay). More specifically I want to make sure that the authentication part is encrypted, while the message itself might be transferred unprotected. Encryption of messages will be handled at the client side using individual certificates. In my setup I have the requirement to accept encrypted smtp connections on 25 and 465. Naturally I also have the requirement to accept normal anonymous mail from the internet. The clients that will be used ...

CRM V1.2 and SBS 2003 Not Working installation issues
Greetings and Happy New Year My Question is why doesn't CRM behave correctly? Environemnt is SBS2003 Premium Exchange Configred and running correctly. ISA running using 2 Nics. Domain with active directory running ok. SQL 2000 with service packs 3a applied. IIS running ok default websites all accessable. Firstly i followed the IG for SBS2003(Fresh Install with all updates) all prerequisites were ticked off prior to installation. Install procedure was followed to the letter. Results :( http://localhost causes IE to spit up You do not have permissions to view this Web Site. What ...

Upgrade from Money 98 to 2004
Hi,after installing Money 2004, it tries to upgrade my data, but gets stuck half way thro, with the following message "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version" Is there anything I can do to import my data, as I really don't want to re-enter everything ? Would an older version such as Money 2002 or 2003 import my data ? Kind Regards Kevin Jonson [South Africa] An old favorite. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Kevin Jonson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27c601c41ce1$b9300d90$3a0128...

Money 2003 and co-pays
is there a way to set up an alert or fyi for co-pays for insurance... i currently have a $100 a year copay starting April 1 every year and would like to set up some sort of notification when i reach my copay limit.. as over payment is not returned I'm thinking what you need is some kind of an annual category spending limit, with annual defined as starting April 1, that notifies you as the limit value approaches or is reached. Say a $100 limit on Healthcare:Co-pay applied between the previous April1 and the next March 31. I don't think Money can do this. I don't think FYI has a...

Money 2002 Spontaneous Reboot
I'm running Money 2002 with Win2K. Sometimes when I try to open the program, it causes the computer to reboot. Sometimes it doesn't. After the reboot, I can open the program without trouble. If anyone has an idea of what causes that and what I can do about it, I'll be very grateful. (Actually, I'm grateful just for folks thinkin' about it, but results are even better.) Thanks. Don Anytime you can describe a computer issue by saying that it happens sometimes rather than saying when I do this, my computer does this, you are usually talking about a hardware i...

Loss of Internet on SBS 2003 SP2
We loose Internet every few weeks and a restart of the server seems to fix it. This time when it happened I checked the router remotely, before rebooting the SBS 2003 SP2 server, and did a ping and trace and all seems good with it… which tells me that I have internet access but the SBS server is not allowing it. On another note I can remotely connect using gotomypc successfully when this occurs and can access both the server and clients. We have a DSL modem w/ a fixed IP and it is setup as a pass-through device to the router. I have the server setup as the DNS server and no...

Stock Quotes download to Money 2004
Unable to download MSN money quotes to Money 2004 portfolio. Call runs, may or may not complete,update status changes, but stock prices don't change. Same result with 2002, two different ISP's, with Norton Internet Security Disabled or not, Firewall disabled or not. On XP-home. No synchronization Base Articles re 2004 vs MSN Money. Started 3/4 months ago with 2002, continued with 2004, gradually getting worse until now almost never updates. Call summary always says error, money could not connect to online quotes server. RE- base articles 312818, 276018 sound good but have n...

e-mail the current worksheet using a form button
I want to create a submit button that when I click on it, the current worksheet/file will be e-mailed to someone. Instead of saving the file, then inserting into an e-mail. I have seen this before in a file before, but can't figure out exactly how it works. I happened to notice in the VB Editor I saw something like... CommandClick() Excel.Application.Send "myname@email.com" End Sub Or something similar to that. I don't know any VBA.. So if that's what I need to learn, then let me know. TIA Richard, check out Ron's site for a LOT of information on this http://...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

Outlook wont start, even as I had previously used it on the same l
Recently had a system crash occasioned by impatience with a Windows update. After two weeks of tinkering, decided to reformat laptop back to factory settings. Since HP restore will not work, had to reinstall most sofware programs including Norton 360 and Office 2007Plus. Thereafter, most of my files were recovered from the most recent Norton 360 backup. Problem now is that all units of Office 2007 works perfectly except Outlook. It wont just start. All suggestions to repair Office installation or Outlook failed. Anyone with a similar problem and solution out there? Please help. ...

In Word how to use Outlook, Excel
I am using Word 2007. How can I access Outlook contacts or Excel documents from Word -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions To access Outlook contacts, Outlook must be your default e-mail application in Windows. You can then use Insert Address (which you can add to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) . What is it that you want to access from Excel? If you need to look something up in Excel and enter it into a document, you will need a macro. You can however use edit paste special to insert Excel cells copied to the clipboard. -- <>>< ><<...