upgrading to newer edition of Money

Can any answer this:  I'm using Microsoft Money 2002, and
recently got Money 2004 for free when I bought some tax
software, and I want to install it, but keep all the info.
currently in my Money program.  How do I do this?  Do I
just put the Money 2004 CD in the computer, install it,
and all my info. will automatically transfer over?

Thanks .. Anthony
0
bufffan (1)
2/13/2004 5:56:23 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Anthony Martini wrote:

>Can any answer this:  I'm using Microsoft Money 2002, and
>recently got Money 2004 for free when I bought some tax
>software, and I want to install it, but keep all the info.
>currently in my Money program.  How do I do this?  Do I
>just put the Money 2004 CD in the computer, install it,
>and all my info. will automatically transfer over?

That's the way it should work, as long as you are not changing
geographies.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/13/2004 6:26:06 AM
There is an as-yet unpublished FAQ that reads:
---
Q): Can a new version of Money open my old version data file/backup
file/backup diskette(s)?

A): The newest version of Money is designed to open and upgrade older
version Money data files, backup files, and backup diskettes for all older
versions of Money, with caveats as noted below.

1) Upgrades are not supported across different localizations of Money. E.g.,
M99 for UK will not upgrade to M04 US. For more information, see "Why do I
get the "incompatible versions" message when upgrading my data file?").

2) Beginning with M03, a significant number of users have had problems with
the upgrade process. For more information, see "I thought Money files were
supposed to be upward compatible. How come Money[new] crashes when upgrading
my Money[old] data file?").

3) Be sure you have a good backup file/set of backup diskettes. For more
information, see "You must help me! My only floppy backup has a data error
reading. What do I do?").

"Anthony Martini" <bufffan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can any answer this:  I'm using Microsoft Money 2002, and
> recently got Money 2004 for free when I bought some tax
> software, and I want to install it, but keep all the info.
> currently in my Money program.  How do I do this?  Do I
> just put the Money 2004 CD in the computer, install it,
> and all my info. will automatically transfer over?

Upgrade from Money99 to Money2004
Hi there, I have Money99 installed on my old notebook and it works fine. However, I was never upgrading. Now I finally got a new notebook and installed Money2004. I am trying to import my old mny file, but it just doesn't work. I also tried to export my money information from money99 into a qif file and then importing it into money2004 - without success. Trying importing the mny file causes an error dialog to popup saying something about unsupported version 7. If I try to import the qif file I get: QIF Statement Import stopped because the file was not recognized as QIF. Either a l...

Converting Quicken 2003 to Money 2004
Has anyone successfully done this? Please tell all of us how. I'm running XP pro, 512 Mg memory, 80 Gb HD, with 40 Gb free disk space. Nothing works when trying to convert. TIA Need a bit more information about what you mean by "Nothing works". What error messages; what happens that you didn't expect; how far down the conversion process etc etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "KRH" <khrdlica203@comcast.net> w...

EXCEL 2002 upgrade installation
I am trying to install an upgrade for Excel. The existing version on this computer is version 4.0. I have successfully installed the upgrade on the computer before. However, the computer has two operating systems. Windows me and windows xp. If I open Windows ME, I was able to install the upgrade. I like using XP, but when I boot with XP and try to install the upgrade, it does not find the prior version of EXCEL even though it exists. How can I resolve this? thanks, Pete I would check the upgrade path on microsoft.com. I believe later upgrade versions of Excel will only upgrade...

snycnronize money on network computers
I have two computers that are networked together. I have both computers set up with MS Money 2004 deluxe. Is it possible to set up a network folder for Money? So that no matter what computer I work off of, Money will be updated automatically.... As of now I have Money Folder Shared in the network but what ever computer I'm working at that present time, will save the info I entered to a new folder in my docs that's not shared.... Yes. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=111. You need to move the .MNY data file to a shared folder. Putting your data file in Program Files\Microsof...

Money 2004 unable to sign-on passport
For the past 6 or 7 days, I've been unable to logon to my passport through the msmoney signon screen. I get a message stating that the user-id or password is invalid. But I know that they are correct. I can still work - just can't download my transactions from moneycentral because I can't sign-on with my passport. I am not having any problems using my passport id/password for MSNMessenger as well as moneycentral.msn.com. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Problem after 2003 upgrade
I upgraded our Exchange 2000 to 2003 last weekend. Now I am getting a error message in Event Viewer App. log. Soure: ESE Event ID: 467 Category: Database Corruption Description: Indormation Store (4808) First Storage Group C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb: Index FoldersIndex6 of Table Folders is corrupted (0) I am new to Exchanage and don't want to mess-up. Looking at some articles about repairing Exchange Databases it looks like all I have to do is dismount the store, run Eseutil /P Eseutil /D Isinteg -fix -test alltests ? running these commands, is there any...

copy all and insert into Word as one item. 03 upgrade is differen
Pub 2000 - used to copy multiple items (text - pictures, etc) by select all. Then pasted into Word - and it came though as ONE item. This option was great - because I could use it easily change the size and it all stayed conformed to the original design. Miss it for webpages and PR. Is there any way to set the paste option to do the "old" one item paste? svlm wrote: || Pub 2000 - used to copy multiple items (text - pictures, etc) by || select all. Then pasted into Word - and it came though as ONE item. || This option was great - because I could use it easily change the || siz...

Money, default browser
I have set the Money (2004) options to use my default browser (IE6), but it continues to connect to the Internet through its built-in browser. Any suggestions? Tools->Options->Connection Option in there to tell which browser for Money to use -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any un...

edit and send same emai to different pariesl
I know how to create a simple message using stationay, but I don't know how to edit (name) and send at a later date, to different party. Cann you help me? Thank you ...

Upgrading from Money 2005 to Deluxe
I bought the standard version and found out like a lot of people that the debt planner and cash flow was gone and I read that some people couldn't find out where to upgrade to the deluxe version. I just did it so here is how you do it. On your "My Money" home page if you have the box "What's new in Money 2005" on the far left corner of that box in small blue letters "Upgrade to Deluxe version now" click on it and it will take you to a special web site. The cost is $19.95 and it is a DOWNLOAD only but I was never asked to save any files. After you ...

Escrow Accounts in Money 2004 Deluxe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C39C83.CCF80140 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just set up a mortgage account with associated escrow payments for the = first time. It appears that my monthly payments are correctly allocated = to principal, interest, insurance, and taxes, but then the escrow = amounts just seem to disappear. I'd like to be able to see what the = current escrow balance is, and be able to record the transfer from = escrow account to payee when the premium or t...

Money budget problems
I set up a budget in money and clicked finish which took me to the review your budget status page. Under budget details, I can view actual and budgeted expenses. My problem is that the values in the budgeted expenses are wrong. For example, I budgeted $120/month for a certain bill and it says I budgeted $90. The same for my deposits. I have completely started from scratch several times with the same results. Any help? Could you be a Canadian using a US version of money?? This happened to me & I just switched to Money 2004 Canadian version. "Amy" <anonymous@di...

IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?
Where is the IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005? Gone to the dustbin of obsolete Money features. "IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?" <IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:029417EB-1BE1-492E-8482-FB9C2F587AA1@microsoft.com... > Where is the IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005? Thank God. "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:%2342R1qr3EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Gone to the dustbin of obsolete Money features. > > "IMPORT OF OFC IN MONEY 2005?" <IMPORT OF OFC...

Password for Money 2000
Recently backed-up my data files in order to restore XP Home on my Presario 6000. When I tried to restore my file, a password was requested. I did not ever use a password on my files. I've tried all I can think of but no luck. I've seen others post the same problem but I cannot find the thread that will lead to a solution or a "give up" answer. Anybody have a solution to this problem? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=105. "Michael R" <mtighe@ftci.com> wrote in message news:93e201c496ba$41cc2d80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Recently backed-up my da...

Win7 upgrade
I run XP and pre-ordered Win7 Pro upgrade.I received it a while ago and mulling this over .... I read that for XP it will reformat the XP partition ( or is it drive ?), but here's my question(s): Can I have XP on several disks at start of install ? (with 2 different licenses ) and JUST affect XP on one drive ? When Win7 UPGRADE install completes, is multiboot an option ? on its own ? or only via tweaking ? Any gotchas ? Background: Currently, I have 2 disks in PC 1 IDE, 1 SATA SATA drive has XP Pro ( everyday) and data partitions IDE drive - partitions = X64, XP (test ima...

Hotkey for Font color change while editing cell.
Quick background: I use spreadsheets for action logs. From week to week, I record what has changed from my last communication. I usually set the entire cell to normal black unbolded. I add a line which has changed since last communication and then set that new text to bold blue. I want to find a way to use a hotkey to change my selected text to bold blue without having to take my hands off the keyboard. Is this possible? go to tools, macro, and then choose record macro. in the pop up box you can choose a key to use in the box next to "Ctrl+". once chosen, cho...

Unable to edit Excel 2003 file
When i open an excel file, it opens and can be viewed but i cannot edit the file. If the spreadsheet is clicked, it only highlights the cell and continues to highlight until Excel is closed through taskmanager. This computer is running on Win XP and connected through a network phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -JohnIT -- JohnIT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JohnIT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561649 ...

how to edit a single cell as a text field
for example, I want to put some text into a cell and don't want to change the cell's width, but want to see the whole text... are there a posibilities to add a scroll into a cell when the thext entered is too long, or maybe to extend that cell? It's like transforming excel into word :-) but I want to get to that excel file from acces db later. soory if I made some mistakes writing that text, I didn't use english for some long time... Hi Set cell to desired width and select Format.Cells.Alignment - check 'Wrap text' Now you can enter text up to 255 characters into cel...

Money and PocketPC
Supported of not supported, I think the whole thing about the Pocket version of Money is a mess. Since MM 2005 I do use the PocketPC version first, first on the 2003 OS of PocketPC. My base has been the HP iPAQ 2110 with 2003 SE and ActiveSync 3.8. Later on ActiveSync 4.0 and Microsoft Money went to 2006 with the PocketPC version 2006 after the summer holidays (bad planning!). This year we went to WM5 and I still haven't got a single problem. Now on the iPAQ 2190b (WM5 AKU2) it's still working fine, I use now ActiveSync 4.2. Just before my summer holidays Money 2007 has been rel...

Money 2006 Budget
I recently upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2006 at the urging of a friend who told me the budgeting feature in 2006 was fantastic. However, I can't seem to get it to work. There are two major problems: First Issue: I enter my income, very simple, only one item. I get paid every two weeks, so Monday computes a monthly subtotal, and this is correct. For the sake of argument, let's say it's $1000. Then, I enter my expense budget items, including double-checking the ones Money pulled from my scheduled Bills. These are all correct. For the sake of example, let's say it'...

Money 2003
When I print invoices, the DESCRIPTION field for each invoice line item is truncated. Is there a way to fix this? ...

SMS and Great Plains upgrades
Having adopted SMS as our software distribution system, we are looking to move all applications to SMS deployment. In talking with our Rep. for the Great Plains application, we receive comments such as Great Plains is not Microsoft Certified or I'm not sure that's possible. Has anyone out there had any success upgrading client machines using SMS. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Hi We have never had problems with SMS and Great Plains. You will need to perform a SMS package roll out config for MGP on a workstation that already has the prevoius ...

Should I upgrade from 05 to 06?
I haven't been keeping up with everyone here, and apologize for not researching this for a while, but what is everyone's opinion of 06 so far? I use Small Business, and after all the problems it had, I've sort of just fell into a funk with using it, doing what I could each time I logged on to fix the problems that arose when I downloaded my accounts that day. Is 06 much better? Not really! What you have to decide is whether you want to use Money as a personal finance program or just to download data at certain times. I would suggest you do NOT spend another $25 just to con...

Invoice Designer Problem. MS Money 2003 Deluxe and Business
I run a delivery company and want to change the invoice designer in Money to fit my needs. I know you can change the LOOK of it, but I need to change the actual input area. For example, I do not want the Quanity and Price columns to automatically multiply and give me a total result. I need to input information is a certain way...and do not want the format that I am given. (Again, I realize you can change the LOOK of the trmplate, but what I want is to customize the area in which you enter the information. Can this be done with the program I have, or do I need to upgrade to another vers...

Rookie question : Writing edited form data (gridview) to XML
using Visual Studio 2005 C# ASP.NET I know there has to be a simple way to do this....I want to use C# in a code behind for aspx. Populate a GridView from an xml file Add Fields to the GridView to allow entry of quantity and Y/N switch for each row Write contents of GridView to new xml file. Example... xml file that populates gridview cols: <items> <item id=1> <name="Bread" /> <price="1.10" /> </item> <item id=2> <name="Milk" /> <price="2.20" /> </item> <ite...