Upgrading from Money 2002 #2

I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never
upgraded.  Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I
purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and
update all the information that I currently have?
Thanks and Happy New Year
--
mfletcher
0

The latest version in the US is Money+ aka Money 2008. Other geographies
have different versions.

Money keeps all your data in the .mny file not the program. When you install
the new version it usually remembers where your .mny file was, makes a copy
of it (for safety) and then upgrades it.

If you are using Vista post back as there are different rules about file
locations.
--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

"mfletcher" <mfletcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the original money 2002 that came with the computer and have never
> upgraded.  Which is the best version to go to? More importantly, when I
> purchase and download the upgrade, will it go over the current program and
> update all the information that I currently have?
> Thanks and Happy New Year
> --
> mfletcher

0
bob_peel2056 (736)

Powerpoint 2008 crashes upon launching, have done all upgrades
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I recently upgraded to version 12.2.1 on my G5, this was done Friday August 21st. When I launch 2008, it crashes almost immediately, I have dowloaded service packs 1&2 as well. Attached is the error message, it states that I am only operating on version 12.2.0, even though I downloaded 12.2.1. I have already uninstalled Powerpoint 2008 and reloaded several times, please help, thank you. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-08-24 14:42:14 -0400 Applic...

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

Adding Across Worksheets #2
Hello all. I saw a thread talking about this, but I can't figure out how to make it work for me. My worksheets contain the contribution for each person for one day out of the week. One issue I have is that all my worksheets have the date for the worksheet name (it is easier to see what a person contributed on a certain day if the date is immediately visible on the tabs). I want to sum all the contributions for each person over the course of about 6 months. There are about 70+ people, and I want to show what each person contributed totally. Is there a way to do this using the SUM for...

Getting 'Purchase Order Failure' error #2
I am getting the following error when trying to transfer a final-approved purchase request into a PO in Microsoft Business Portal Requisition Management System: Purchase Order Failure One or more business logic errors have occured. Please correct the errors to continue. Message The enum Microsoft.Dynamics.Payables.FreeOnBoard does not contain the value 0. Parameter name: FreeOnBoard Actual value was 0. ************************************** The message "The enum Microsoft..." appears 3 times in the dialogue. I am trying to transfer 4 line items. Has anyone ever gotten these...

Business Alerts #2
Hi there I have set up SQL2k mail to work with a Groupwise PO - and mailing and address book functions work 100% in SQL itself. I get the issue when writing a business alert to work in GP for this - but it doesnt work - ive tried sending a test mail from the business alert and i get the error 0x80004005 in GP. Using GP 8.0 (no sp yet)on SQL2k. Has anyone else resolved a similar issue or is it an issue with V8.0?? Also does GP need to be running (application) on the server for the business alert to work?? Thanks heaps Theo :) Is it supposed to send an email? Business Alert are just SQL ...

Amount in words #2
Hi, I need to convert Purchase Order Document total amount to be converted in Words. Document total amount is already a calculated field, so what function need to be adopt??? Please explain step by step. Regards, Sheikh Asif Try using the Report Writer User Defined function below. It can be accessed from a Calculated field by adding a User Defined function from the System series. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers() The parameters are as follows: in currency IN_Value; { Value of Currency } in string IN_Currency; { Currency ID of Currency - Leave Blank for Functional } in integer IN_Mode;...

mso.dll error and crash in Outlook 2002
Using Outlook 2002, i get repeated crashes of the program with the following error report ModName: mso.dll...can anyone please help with a solution. Regards AAS ...

Money 2004 standard
I have Window me, I have been using money 2001 & i have been trying to up to 2004. Upon installing it gets as far as 64% and stops. It says "installing interent explorer 6 web browser". Do I have to uninstall 2001 befor I install 2004? I received no errors. I also stoped my anti-virus protection. My PC is about one year old. I need help, Thank you You shouldn't have to. However, you might want to install IE6 independently before trying the Money installation. Go into the IE directory on the CD and run the ie6setup.exe file from there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mo...

Vista and Money 2005 ofx import problem
I recognise some names here from another forum but I thought it may be helpful to canvass some more opinions/expertise. I have Vista Ultimate running and have succesfully loaded Money 2005 UK and updated via the internet. Everything works fine except the bit I need ! I use Barclays Bank and have downloaded .ofx files for several years (Barclays does not support QIF). When trying to do this in Vista I get an error message saying the file is corrupt or not recognised. I have tried all manner of things including testing the ofx file etc and it appears fine and will load into Money run...

series of cells in a column #2
thanhyou so vey much -- ROLG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16066 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275347 ...

Money 2000 Business & Personal conversion
Hello - can Money 2004 Standard convert a 2000 Business & Personal file? I'm getting an error message: "Money cannot locate '%1' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I've checked, and neither is read-only Thanks in advance Mark In microsoft.public.money, Mark LaGrange wrote: >Hello - can Money 2004 Standard convert a 2000 Business & >Personal file? I'm getting an error message: > >"Money cannot locate '%1' or cannot...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Outlook 2002
Every time I start-up, recieve or send an email Windows Installer trys to run. I hit cancel and the action will complete normally. If I don't hit cancel, it asks for the install disk, however this is an exsisting company computer and the the original disk is nowhere to be found. This started when we were mistakenly told that a copy of Office 2007 that was purchased had two installs allowed. Word and Excel was loaded on this machine. We then discovered we were given bad info and uninstalled them. Outlook 2007 was never installed. Verify that no Office 2007 part is installed a...

Need some info see if money is worth it?
I am on quicken and not happy with it. Does anyone know if money has double entry? Does it it do corporate spin-off and return to capitol? It's not true double entry accounting. Versions higher than the Standard one will do spin-offs, mergers, etc. All have return of capital transactions, but only those that lower cost basis. -- Michael Gordon MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:356d01c49f58$07a615c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I am on quicken and not happy with it. Does anyone know if > money has double entry? Does it it do corporate spin-off >...

How to use MFC 4.2 with Visual Studio .Net
Hi! I have recently started using Visual Studio .Net in place of Visual Studio 6.0. My application is an Active X control written in C++ with MFC 4.2. Is there a way I can force Visual Studio to use MFC 4.2 and not MFC 7.0, since the application will be deployed mostly on systems with MFC 4.2. I know I can use "static linking" but that will make the application large and I am still adamant on using 4.2 libraries rather than 7.0 to be safe. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help. Sanjay This question has started coming up a lot. The answer is simple: revert to VS6. ...

tax codes #2
Here in the great state of Kansas, we have multiple tax codes by city and county depending on if an item is bought in the store or delivered to the customer -- 700+ in all. Most likely, the easiest way to handle this is going to be by simply selecting the tax code when the customer checks out (hopefully via shift-f12) because I've been unable to find a way to match on both city and county with the 'walk-out feature'. The problem is that when I select a tax code, the program simply defaults to one particular tax code. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? can't you matc...

Earn money at Net
Completely changing your lifestyle is in no way leaving to be comfortable but we all allow the opening to earn money on the earn. It's not precisely a pipe goal in support of many frequent it has genuinely untouched each aspect of their lives. Take in support of instance the holder of 'Bankaholic' - a Wordpress blog calibrate up by a 22 time old man almost believe cards and banks - he's precisely sold it in support of $15 million and been prearranged a job to bring up to date it. It's a staggering amount in support of a wordpress blog but it shows the power of the i...

Messaging #2
hi, In Exchange 2003 Istant Messaging go out.. I need a program of chat only inside my Exchange 2003. What I can use? It's possible syncronize Msn and Exchange 2003? I can't use Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005.. It's too much expensive! Any other solutions? Thank's a lot Andrea On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 01:08:17 +0100, "Andrea Racca" <raccaNOSPAMlibero.it> wrote: >hi, >In Exchange 2003 Istant Messaging go out.. I need a program of chat only >inside my Exchange 2003. What I can use? It's possible syncronize Msn and >Exchange...

Creating additional panes of data in CRM 1.2
When we select a Contact, I want to be able to bring up both the History and Activities associated with the contact. I'd like to create a 'window pane' on the right side and the bottom that displays this information - the question is can I do this without having to create a completely new ASP form? Thanks! David David, what you want is not currently possible with the out-of-the-box CRM. You have two options, build it yourself using the SDK, or purchase the functionality from an ISV that has already built it (www.salentica.com , www.c360.com). Dave <anonymous@discuss...

Money ? #3
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my ...

Outlook 2003 Auto Send/Receive #2
Hi, i need help please, In my Outlook 2003 the Auto Send/Receive stopped working, to check my mails i have to manually click on send/receive so that i receive emails. I did check all the necessary options, and all are OK. and i did check to see if Work Offline is checked and its not. the Include this group in send/receive is checked, and Schedule an automatic send/receive every 10 min. is checked. I use regular POP3 mail with windows xp sp2. please if someone can help me solve this problem of mine. Thank you -- hyewiz With Outlook closed, find and delete the .srs file you will find us...

Money negatively amortizing Mtg
refinanced mtg and set up new loan in Money using loan wizard. Not paying escrow, just Princ.& Int. Money is negatively amortizing the loan (paying all payment to interest and adding to the principle.) Manually entered payments but most recent autopay has large negative on principle. I deleted and then reentered the loan and it is doing the same thing. Any suggestions?? thanks! C. Same in a brand new test file? >-----Original Message----- >refinanced mtg and set up new loan in Money using loan >wizard. Not paying escrow, just Princ.& Int. Money is >negativ...

Error Outlook 2000 #2
Expensive gentlemen,=20 I come for this way to request support mainly technician=20 due to a set of errors that have come to occur, with=20 programs of the Office, nominated the Microsoft Outlook=20 2000 and Microsoft Word 2000. Error in the Microsoft Outlook 2000:=20 The Error for the Microsoft Outlook 2000: 1.=BA - Always=20 that I open Outlook 2000, the message appears immediately=20 the following message: Error Outlook.exe has generated and=20 will beand will be closed by Windows. You will need you=20 restart the program. Error An log is being created.=20 Computer:=20 LapTop Marca:Comp...

Importing xml Data into Excel 2002
It appears that there is a bug in Excel 2002 relating to importing xml files. If the xml file is empty for example: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will crash when trying to import this using Import Data, or New Web Query. However, if the file contains something inside these tags, like: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> Something </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will not crash. I tried various combinations of this, and it appears that Excel crashes only if there is one empty tag. If there are other populated tags such as:...

unable to open money #2
I am recieving an error opening my money 2005> It is telling me it is unable to load the registration library(DLL) Any help would be appreciated! In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am recieving an error opening my money 2005> It is >telling me it is unable to load the registration >library(DLL) Any help would be appreciated! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288768&Product=mny ...