Upgrading from 2.0a to 2004

I am happily running V.2.0a under XP although there are couple of oddities
that don't give me too much grief.  All my basic money management works.
Should I upgrade to a new version or leave well alone?  Will all my 'mny'
files work OK in a new version?  I only use it for basic ins and outs;
splits; reports etc.

Thanks - Roger

--
you can email me at (rogero) (at) (pobox) (dot) (com)

0
not3684 (1)
6/6/2004 3:59:32 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Some say if it is not broke do not fix it.  However, some of the newer
versions have features that one does not know are needed until you try
out the version. For years I did all of my check reconciliation using a
FORTRAN program I had written, then in 1982 I switch to a DBase program
  I had written, finally I was offered CA Simply Money for free. It was
a marked improvement. The switch to Money version 5 was also an upgrade
in capability. I have gradually taken on tracking more items as the
ability of performing downloads from credit cards, checking accounts and
brokerage accounts are available. With Money 2 I doubt if you have any
of the download capabilities or budgeting capabilities. At least you are
under XP so I can assume you have a newer computer as each of the new
versions requires more cpu power and disk capacity.

You should be able to (assuming you stay within the same country
version) have Money 2004 read and convert your file. Although I doubt if
  very many people have tried such a jump.  You can always download the
trial version, load it into a different directory and try it out. Thus
to go back to your version it would simply be point to that version.

Art McClitnon

Roger wrote:

> I am happily running V.2.0a under XP although there are couple of oddities
> that don't give me too much grief.  All my basic money management works.
> Should I upgrade to a new version or leave well alone?  Will all my 'mny'
> files work OK in a new version?  I only use it for basic ins and outs;
> splits; reports etc.
>
> Thanks - Roger

0
art4580 (318)

ING Direct #2
I am trying to set up an ING Direct account in Ms Money 2003 following the directions on the ING web site. After completing step 12 which is "make sure ING DIRECT is selected" in the Online setup window, click next. When I do this it prompts me for a username and password. This is not what the instructions say should happen. They say Money should connect to the internet and download information for ING DIRECT. If I try to enter my customer # and PIN as the user name and password it tells me the password must not contain any numeric characters. Upon close inspection, under the passwor...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2
When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen. Grab and move it again and it shows up again.... HELP?????? My IT guy is lost on this one! It sounds more like a windows display problem to me. Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.) But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display settings. I use...

need help with formula #2
how to write a formula? if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply difference by 33 add together -- Kerri Where do I find the difference "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell =>24 multiple by 22. if cell is <24, multiply 24 by 22, multiply > difference by 33 add together > -- > Kerri See Help for "IF worksheet function" I can't be more specific without a better description of the alternative calculations. Jerry "Kerri Olsen" wrote: > how to write a formula? > if cell ...

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Click on link problems #2
When I click on a url link in email---a box opens saying "Open Link Browser". And also a browser window. How do I get rid of the smaller link browser? Read your reply on your post of the 17th? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Robin" <robinhood2@juno.com> wrote in message news:atmnk0pgs4m272iunkegt0rvq4ssjqisig@4ax.com... > When I click on a url link in email---a box opens saying "Open Link > Browser". A...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

graphic deleting #2
I have made myself a simple macro that copy a cell and paste it 50 cells below. It work fine with text and numbers but I have tried it with graphic recently and strangly enough it is adding a other graphic the same as the first one each time it copies. I have discover that because when I tried to correct my graphic and want to erase the others there was one more graphic to erase each cell down below, very long process and I would like to know why it is doing that and if there is a command to erase all the selected cells contents all at once like the text contents. Thank you very much Show th...

Office X Upgrade
I have Office X installed on PowerBook G4 17". Entrouge says it is=20 version 10.1.4 but the rest of modules Word, Excel & Powerpoint say=20 their version is SR1. =20 Powerpoint does not display PowerPoint 97 documents properly and=20 Entrouge acts very funny with Exchange 5.5. e.g. I dont see the=20 Exchange address Book, I dont see some of Inbox folders but see some=20 others, I can not get my hotmail account details, my out mails go=20 through the outbox on my computer and I can not move them to the=20 Exchange outbox and many more. The whole thing is gone mad, or may be its me ...

Problems downloading into MS Money 2004 from Royal Bank of Scotland
I have been downloading statements from the RBS into various versions of Money ever since the service became available. I am now using MS Money Deluxe OEM version 12 (which seems to be the same as Money 2004). For a number of weeks the data downloaded has been incomplete (about a third of all transactions will be missing) and is often totally inaccurate as regards the Payee and Category. In a nutshell the data is a waste of space. Has anyone else had similar problems and if so any suggested solutions? Thanks Hi - this one might be better in the UK group, as there could be some people who c...

choosing language in Office 2004
I want to use the Spanish dictionary to spell check documents, but can't get it to work. I have selected Spanish in the dictionary selection area of spell check, but it still uses English. <br><br>The Help instructions keep sending me to "Language" on the Tools menu, but "Language" isn't there. I have also installed Office on another computer I use, and there's no problem there, but on my new Mac Mini, I can't get the Language feature to show up. In article <ee89db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, nospamplez@officeformac.com wrote: > I ...

Hide/Unhide #2
I have two questions regarding Excel 2007 hide features: 1. What caused my entire Excel worksheet to disappear from view? When I tried to reopen the file, Excel kept saying the file was already open, but I saw NOTHING. A colleague finally told me what he did to solve the problem, but in what situations will selecting Hide hide the entire worksheet? 2. I have a split in my worksheet and when I point to the double arrows, the pop-up message reads "Hide White Space." I have no idea what that means; how do I get rid of the split? Nothing in the Help feature assists me with my ques...

Tax withholding 2 states
We have a client that wishes to have correct state tax withholding for two states - for example, they have employees that work in IL and live in MA. The Massachusetts state income tax is 5.3% of wages. The difference between the residential rate of 5.3% and the actual Illinois state income tax needs to be withheld as an additional tax attached and remitted to Massachusetts. Thanks ...

AUTO NUMBERING #2
hi all,i have made an invoice template for my work.how can i get these invoices to sequentially number each time i use the invoice and save as iun the customers name?any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks wyn. -- WYN Hi one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last number). Put the following code in the workbook module (not in a standard module) of your template: - It changes cell A1 of the first sheet - you may change the key identifiert according to your needs (e.g. DEFAULTSTART, MYLOCATION, etc.) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Int...

Customization guide #2
Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I won't say anything..... Thanks! Is there a developer's guide? Every time I called MS about development information all I get is routed to a salesperson or told we can put you in touch with "a partner" I even went thru the route of trying to become a partner in order to have more dev materials... No luck so far. "New RMS User" <N...

Money 2004 Bills and Deposits Question
After submitting a transaction via the Bills and Deposits screen, Money places focus on the next instance of the transaction (i.e., for a recurring transaction). Is there anyway to prevent this? I would prefer that focus be placed on the next transaction in the list. No, there doesn't appear to be a way to fix that. I suggest reporting it to MS via the MSWish site. Or reporting it as a bug at their support site. -- Semper Fi Kevin Campbell "With freedom goes responsibility. Sir Winston Churchill once said you can have 10,000 regulations and still not have respect for the...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

File format is not valid #2
Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. Can it be fixed? Thanks heaps. Is it an xls file? "FB" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a > number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. > Can it be fixed? > Thanks heaps. Yes. And it worked just fine a week ago prior to someone doing something to the file. "exceluserforeman" wrote: > Is it an xls file? > > "FB" wrote: >...

How do I save a worsheet from Excel 2002, for a user with Excel 2.
I know to use save as, I just don't know which one to save as. Hi excel 2000 will read version 2002 or 2003 files without any problems, so just a normal save should do it. BTW your question got trucated in the subject line, so it's a good idea to repeat the full question in the message body. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "vkirkman" <vkirkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99074D3E-1F9D-4B17-A474-FE22A5E6C81C@microsoft.com... >I know to use save as, I just don't know which one to save as. ...

How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb
Hi! I would like advice on how to separate the names and the numbers of an address written in one column into the name and the number in two separate columns. In otherwords "Kingstreet 23" must become "Kingstreet" and "23." Can anyone help with a function that can do this? Thanks in advance, Rochelle Hi Rochelle if all your names & numbers are similar to your example, then data / text to columns will probably work for you ensure that you have a couple of blank columns to the right of your current column (note, this process will split up your origin...

save macro help!! #2
ttt, anyone? -- gmannew ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gmannewt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26761 ...

How are other doing Daylight Saving Change 2 week sooner for RMS?
How are you working around this for your RMS by Daylight Saving Changing two weeks earlier and then how you handling the real time change? Ed I thought RMS ran off the system clock. I've just let automatic updates install the patch for the system clock in Windows. "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB90858D-0E7F-43FE-9495-E7B4386D99EC@microsoft.com... > How are you working around this for your RMS by Daylight Saving Changing > two > weeks earlier and then how you handling the real time change? > > Ed ...

Upgrading 2003 SBS to 2008R2 server Migrate?
I currently am running 2003SBS and want to migrate all users to a 2008R2 Enterprise server. I am running exchange. I read somewhere, these are built in tools? How would I migrate all AD users and exchange mailboxes to the server? I've used the swing method in the past from going to 2000 to 2003. Should I do the same or is there now built in tools making it easier? -- sentinelace Hello sentinelace, I suggest to use one of the SBS newsgroups/forums, there you will find the SBS experts: http://www.sbs2008.com/ Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting ...