Upgrading fm Mac Quicken 2000 to PC Money 2004

I want to upgrade from Quicken 2000 for the Mac to Money
2004 Premier for the PC.  Anyone got any advice on how to
go about this?  Do I need to upgrade to a newer Mac
version of Quicken first?  Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)
3/3/2004 3:27:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

You probably need to upgrade to a PC version of Quicken first, if Intuit
even supports this. Money cannot deal with Quicken for Mac files of any
version, I believe you will find. Your only alternate choice will be the
(pretty ugly) QIF export/import route. Most anything would be preferable.
Does Intuit offer (as Microsoft does) a time-limited trial version of
Quicken for Win that you could use to do the file conversion to Quicken for
Windows first?

Whilst writing that I thought of another problem you need to be aware of:
Money can only convert from Quicken 2003 or earlier. Maybe you have a friend
or something who uses Q03 for Windows? You could borrow her machine just
long enough to upgrade your data file to Q03, then Money should be able to
take it from there. You might want to read the archives of this newsgroup
(microsoft.public.money) at http://groups.google.com for some past
experiences on Q->M conversion. I fear that adding the Mac->Win conversion
into the mix further complicates your situation.

p.s., good choice pitching the Mac. It won't hurt too bad.

p.p.s, Money Premier vs. Deluxe is probably not worth the difference to most
people. Check the features list carefully before spending any extra $s.

"Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to upgrade from Quicken 2000 for the Mac to Money
> 2004 Premier for the PC.  Anyone got any advice on how to
> go about this?  Do I need to upgrade to a newer Mac
> version of Quicken first?  Thanks!

Thanks for the good advice....very helpful.

0
anonymous (74722)

Word 2004 formatting
For some reason Word now opens my documents in a defined space in the center of my monitor. I can enlarge the image (ie, 150%) but the defined space doesn't change size so I lose text. Changing from Normal, to Page Layout, etc doesn't fix the problem. What's wrong and how do I fix it? Many thanks! Jim When you hit the green button in the top left, what happens? When you drag the bottom right corner, what happens? On 18/2/07 1:28 PM, in article 1171765694.927622.224610@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com, "jb_powell@qwest.net" <jb_powell@qwest.net> wrote: > For som...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

Lost my copy of money 2005
Recently, I had problems with my hard drive and started receiving a message when I clicked on the MSN Money icon saying; "cannot locate registration library (DLL)." The technician had to reload the original version of money (2003) that came with the computer, however, I was using a downloaded version (2005). How can I download this version again without getting charged and will I be able to retrieve my data? -- Edwin I. Lugo Try seeing if the download from Microsoft. The link can be found on http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/132.aspx Note that once you download the Money 200...

can no longer download T Rowe Price statements from within Money
Keep getting the following error message: The Internet, banking, or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call again later. (OFXHTTP400) Tried to go back into Account Setup, set up online services, and can't connect to TRP from there either. I've been unable to connect for the past 3 weeks, but all my other accounts work fine. Anyone else getting this error, or know a fix for it? Oh, I'm running Money 2004 Deluxe. I download from T. Rowe Price just fine, but that's in 2005. You may want to log on to T.Rowe Price website using the same credent...

Problem with upgrade to Win 2K
Upgraded to Win 2k and now my Outlook 97 will not open.. there is an error message: ordinal 36 could not be located in the dynamic link library MAPI32.dll What is the matter? I have had a microsoft problem weekend related to microsoft products and upgrades... Someone suggested that i use LINUX Op Sys.. No way.. I am a die hard Microsoft person.. Any suggestions? thanks.. Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office/Outlook 97? If push comes to shove, you could try reinstalling MAPI. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;172350 covers the files that make up MAPI. H...

This broke my microsoft money!
Business at the speed of thought is now online! One thing before we begin: I would just like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this priceless and totally valuable report. I know you're very busy and I want you to know straight off that I VALUE YOUR TIME. So let's start now... (now find your freedom in this page!) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- People are shocked when at the beginning I recommend, 'DON'T BELIEVE A WORD I SAY.' Why would I suggest that? Because I can only come from my own experien...

Money Runs But Doesn't Show
Sometimes when I click Money from the Vista start menu Money's interface doesn't start. When I click it again I get a message box saying Money is already running. Subsequently I must go to task manager and shut it down and start it again. Anyone else having this problem? James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >Sometimes when I click Money from the Vista start menu Money's interface >doesn't >start. When I click it again I get a message box saying Money is already >running. >Subsequently I must go to task manager and shut it down and start it again...

Money for Pocket PC
When does MS expect to have an update to allow this to run in Windows Mobile/Pocket PC 2003? Any ideas? Thanks! Vern Good question - I'll see what I can find out. -- Michael Gordon - MVP "Vern" <vgill@thegillfamily.us> wrote in message news:052801c34775$ebec1810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When does MS expect to have an update to allow this to run > in Windows Mobile/Pocket PC 2003? > > Any ideas? > > Thanks! > Vern Check out this thread (it works!): http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82240 "Michael Gordon" &...

Outlook 2000 display name
Trying to change the display name of an account in Outlook 2000 SP-3 Windows XP machine But I can't find the option to do it, all I keep on getting is e-mail services and nothing that says accounts even when I go through options. Any help would be appreciated Corp/Workgroup mode does not use the term account. Your Internet Mail Service is your email account. Set the name there in Properties -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Miranda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2a01c46e89$a46fc5e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to change the display n...

changing from outlook 2000 to outlook xp
i just bought a new computer and want to move all my outlook 2000 personal folders from my old computer--to my new computer which is running outlook xp. What's the best way to do this? thanks, Sammy http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer sammy russo <sammy@aorafting.com> asked: | i just bought a new computer and want to move all my | outlook 2000 personal folders from my old computer--to my | new computer which is runnin...

Converting a Exchange 2000 IS to Exchange 2003
I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public IS? Eric Eric wrote: > I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an > Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once > converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public > IS? > > Eric If you restore it to an Exchange 2003 server then the database will be upgraded to an Exchange 2003 version of the database. Or do an in-place upgrade of the Exchange 2000 server. ...

Money 2006 updating for hours
Won't let me process a scheduled transaction, says that I have to wait for update to finish. I have done quck repair, rebooted the computer several times. It won't shut down normally either. I just migrated from 2005 a few days ago. Thanks for your help In microsoft.public.money, armand wrote: >Won't let me process a scheduled transaction, says that I have to wait for >update to finish. I have done quck repair, rebooted the computer several >times. It won't shut down normally either. I just migrated from 2005 a few >days ago. Check that the SSL2 pro...

Earn money easily! PayPal!, Don'T miss this!
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>&nbsp;</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

moeny 05 and pocket pc
Can you use an older version of pocket pc money with the new money 05. I downloaded pocket money yesterday but my Microsoft activesync (Dell axim-30) box does not have a place to check so i can synchronize my money. when I down-loaded the one for pocket pc, it said I do not have a active money installed on my desktop. I don't understand!!!! anyone help? No, you will need the new client, which is expected to appear soon. -- Michael Gordon MVP "iburnvx" <iburnvx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F730248D-C851-4E9A-A537-BB23DFB0E2AB@microsoft.com... &g...

OWA 2004 Force Domain\User
Unlike most posts, we want our users to be forced to type in Domain\Userid for security reasons. We have configured IIS, Default web site with a blank in the Domain field. In the past, if users did not type in domain\userid they would receive the message "you could not be logged into owa, make sure your domain\userid and password is correct. . .". Users are no longer receiving this error when they forget to enter the domain; however, if a user types in the wrong username or password, the error message is displayed. How do we force the error message to display when they f...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Upgrade pains...
Hi all, I'm trying to upgrade from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. I'm getting an error that says the "database is not published for merge replication"... Which sounds like a really dumb error (and check to make), because 3.0 doesn't even use replication! If anybody has come across this one and has a solution I'd be most grateful. (I've tried republishing, removing replication totally, even running the script at the end of the upgrade white paper to 'eliminate replication' hangover issues... Thanks, Dave -- Log file contents --- 12:51:55| Error| Install exceptio...

Spelling/grammar error notification in Word for Mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to set up Word so that a sound will indicate an error as you are typing? Word is already set up that way, it will already alert you with a "bong!" if you hit an illegal keystroke. But it cannot alert you if what you type is not true, or not what you wanted, because it cannot know what you wanted to say :-) And if it were to alert me for every spelling and grammar mistayke I made, it would never shut up! So it won't do that either :-) Cheers On 1/12/09 4:50 PM, in artic...

Outlook 2000 and IMAP
Hi I am using Outlook 2000 on Win XP Home. Until now I have only used POP/SMTP but am looking to use IMAP. I can add the account into Outlook without a problem, however as soon as Outlook tries to connect it freezes. I connect to the same IMAP account without a problem in Outlook Express and via the servers' webmail, or via POP/SMTP in Outlook 2000. Is this a known problem or can anyone shed any light?? The mail server in use is MDaemon Pro 6.8.5. Thanks in advance Paul Marshall. hmmmmmmmmmm... are you running the IMAP server on an internal network? if so that is the problem...

I want to print my own money !!!!
What do I need ? On 23 Jan 2005 00:06:36 -0800, pain_wheels@hotmail.com (Dan Simper) wrote: >What do I need ? A number of years to spend in jail. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

Exchante 2000 deleted public folder
Using Exchange 2000 a client deleted a public folder called say AAA by mistake. It staff member. Therefore the folder had an email address of AAA@xxx.nsw.gov.au. We found an old PST and tried under exchange admin to recreate the folder. It kept saying email address already exists. Found under AD users/computers advanced the Exchange folder and found the object for this folder. How do we recreate the folder using the same email address. This email address is published on our website so we cannot change it. Urgent any hep accepted -- Kath On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:41:03 -0800, Kaddi...

money 2002 only reports one discrentary account.
I want to have a cash flow report that I can rely on. Money 2002 reports my dining as trended , which is fine because its defined as discretionary. However there are other discretionay catagories that are on my credit card and checking account that are ignored ! Why is this. Are there any updates for Microsoft 2002 OEM version 10. Is there any q & a I can refer to? You have not provided enough information to understand your question. I use Money 2002 and its reports are excellent. Don't know what cash flow report you are talking about. The Cash Flow Review in Accounts...

Excel Re-calculation 2000 compared to 2003
My company has recently deployed MS Office 2003. The previously deployed version was Office 2000. One of our users has an 11MB financial workbook that contains lots of formula. Mostly of IF, SUMIF and SUM calculations. There are plenty of links between the 25 worksheets within the one workbook but no links to other workbooks. Entering data into the workbook using Excel 2000 is nearly instantaneous. However entering data into Excel 2003 takes about 15 seconds each time I press enter (or direction key) as the workbook recalculates each time. The settings for calculation are identical with cal...

Why is business info req'd in personal info??: Money '03 D/B
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------790F78DCE2BA77F9CC6BAA3A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Help! This is driving me nuts - I deleted my ms money file so I could start over, and now everytime I create a new file, Money asks me for my business information in the setup assistant at the personal information stage. It ASSUMES I am creating a business file, and it requires me to enter all the business information. How do I get the setup assistant to take me back to just a personal file??? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!...

Money "Lifetime Planner" Feature
Does anyone remember which version of Money was the first one to come out with the "Lifetime Planner" feature? Thanks! I am using Money 2007, it's in there, can't say for sure about 2006. On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 09:44:59 -0700 (PDT), gyropilot <gyropilot392@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone remember which version of Money was the first one to come >out with the "Lifetime Planner" feature? > >Thanks! Lifetime Planner is in M2002 which I still use, but I don't know when it first appeared. Regards Bill Wood "gyropilot" <gyropilot39...