Upgrade from Money 97 to 2004 and additional ?

I have been operating in Money 97 since the beginning of
time.  I have recently obtained Money 2004, and wished to
ask the user group of any issues prior to upgrading to the
latest edition.  They are both Standard editions, as it is
used for personal home use.  I appreciate any assistance
offered to avoid pitfalls.

Secondly, I have discovered that I have incorrectly
accounted for a Loan/Overdraft protection account that
effects multiple accounts.  Is there a way to make
holistic changes vs. individual line items in either
edition?  I have been unable to find this tool, and have
nearly 250+ entries over the course of time, and was
looking for an easy way to correct my errors.

Finally, on this same account, it appears to have a
running total of all tranactions.  Rather than have a
current balance for advances then payments on the account,
it has a running total vs. balance.  How can I correct
this situation.

Again, thank you for assistance.

JT
jthompson@interlinguainc.com

0
anonymous (74722)
3/1/2004 5:57:07 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

The upgrade should be pretty painless if you have a version for the same
locale (i.e., no M97UK->M04US)--but you will find Money has changed a lot
since M97.

There's no good way to make mass changes. Keystroke macro tools can help,
depending on the situation, but can take more time to get tuned to the
situation than it takes to make a change like this by hand. Always keep
copies of your data file handy when doing these kinds of things--maybe even
intermediate ones in process if the change is extensive enough.

In microsoft.public.money, JT Thompson wrote:

>Secondly, I have discovered that I have incorrectly
>accounted for a Loan/Overdraft protection account that
>effects multiple accounts.  Is there a way to make
>holistic changes vs. individual line items in either
>edition?  I have been unable to find this tool, and have
>nearly 250+ entries over the course of time, and was
>looking for an easy way to correct my errors.

I would make an extra copy of your file in case you do not like the
result.  Then go to Tools->FindAndReplace and choose the Advanced
Search.  After you do the Find portion, it will present a Replace
portion.  There you can make changes to the Payee or Category, etc
for selected transactions.

I don't know if you will be able to do what you want you want, but
it is worth a look.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

MSN Money Plus?
Can someone tell we what the difference is between Money Deluxe & Money Plus avaible with MSN Prem. Services? I know Bill Pay and a couple of other things but don't you still need to purchase a copy of Money Deluxe first or could a user by pass the purchase and just do the Money Plus on the web? The way I see it is $59.95 one time or $9.95 a month. Don't pay 59.95 whatever you do. Money is commonly available at office stores and warehouse stores at a discount. If you don't have a membership at Sam's or similar, watch the Sunday ads for Office Depot and the like. -- ...

Scotiabank not listed in Canada-version Microsoft Money 2006
I am located in Toronto, Ontario. I just bought Microsoft Money 2006- Canada version today (11/16/2006). To my amazement . . . SCOTIABANK . . . which is one of the BIGGEST banks in all of Canada is *not listed as an bank* from which I can download my checking account data directly into Microsoft Money. Scotiabank tech support says I have to contact Microsoft. How can I ad Scotiabank to MM . . . for AUTOMATIC downloads (I don't want to have to manually download data each time!) Why there#W$#@$ isn't Scotiabank on the list of banks? Help Thanks Jim (now located in Toronto) ...

Upgrading from Outlook Express to Outlook.
I am switching from Express to Outlook. I transfered everything and re-entered the account info. I made Outlook the default email program. However, I get emails to my old Express program instead of Outlook. How do I fix. In news:4E0B0DD4-1C8E-438E-AF46-0FE3F5A92F5A@microsoft.com, randerson144 <randerson144@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am switching from Express to Outlook. I transfered everything and > re-entered the account info. I made Outlook the default email program. > However, I get emails to my old Express program instead of Outlook. > How do I fix. ...

Excel 97 Protection
I have an excel spreadsheet / template that was used by my ex CFO. I have the password, but I cannot get into the protection button as it is grayed out. The only button I can click is the "protect shared workbook" butoon, which doesn't help at all. I want to take all protections off this workbook. Thank you, Alan Haber Try unsharing the workbook. Tools, Share Workbook and uncheck "Allow changes.." -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Alan alan.haber@spectrum.bz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fc9001c45862$38088be0$a401280a@p...

Money 2005 Online Features
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------000704040903080006030608 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Anyone have the "sharing" feature working yet? When I go there the icon just spins.... --------------000704040903080006030608 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> ...

Upgrading to 2010 from2007
If I install Occe 2010 over my Office 2007, will Outlook 2010 find my contacts, calendar, email, etc., or do I need to do something with the outlook.pst file Upgrade installations are and always have been problematic with Outlook, even more so with betas. Best practice is install Outlook clean and use the supported methods for migrating your Outlook data (posted here daily). If you decide to experiment with an upgrade installation anyway, at the very least you should create a new Outlook profile from scratch and back up all data thoroughly ahead of time. -- Russ Valentine &quo...

How I set up an offline Exchange 2000 recovery server (5.5 upgraded to 2000, Backup Exec 8.6)
At work, I was put in charge of setting up an offline recovery server and had quit a bit of trouble in getting it to work. We have an exchange 2000 server that had been upgraded from exchange 5.5 and we use Veritas Backup Exec 8.6 with the Exchange Option. FWIW here's the steps, maybe it'll save someone some headaches. The following sets up an exchange server in a completely separate and offline domain ( In no way connected to our network. I matched the name to our real domain, though). The following is the procedure to do it, I just generalized it by removing our domain name, A...

Can't operate 2 separate Office 2004 programs within same network at the same time
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) We have 2 macs networked. Each has its own software of 2004 Office (we just bought and downloaded the second version for the second computer to fix this problem) but the computers will not allow 2 people to work on their computers using the 2 programs. It says someone is already using the program and will not allow the other to access their own version. One computer has both versions, one computer has only the newer purchased version. How can we make this work?? Any help will be appreciated so we can get our work done! Thanks. Victoria &l...

Excel 97 quote calculations
Hi Bit new to this. I'm a bit stuck on how to create a formula so that a quote ca automatically be given. For example if a price of a house is between �0 - �40,000 then it' �293.75 between �40,000 - �80,000 it's �323.13 and so on. There are levels. I would like to create something where they input an amount and it wil generate the quote in another cell. I've tried an IF statement but can only get it to do the first bit an I can't get it to work out anything further This is the first bit =IF(B4<40001,293.25) Can anyone help with the rest of it? Thanks Jackie : -- Messa...

Money and Social Security
How can I set up reoccuring monthly deposits, on a certain day of the month? ie: the third wedensday of the month. Social Security checks are posted this way, rather than a date. -- Live long - Stay Healthy You can't. The recurrence model in Money is lame. It's been lame for a decade. People wish for a better one. They get Essential * and more ads instead. "ramrod99" <ramrod99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869DF0F2-3814-4180-8056-23E679E88157@microsoft.com... > How can I set up reoccuring monthly deposits, on a certain day of the > mont...

Money 2002 #20
Money 2002 worked fine until a few days ago. Now when loading a message appears " The feature you have been trying to use is on a network resource which is unavailable" Below this is use feature from //qa-6 \whistler OPK\apps\money2002\. When ok is indicated Error message 1706 no foile could be found for product. The first message asks about Money.MSI Help!!! ...

Money 2004 #12
On the account list in money it will not show subtotals and on the final total is has # # err # #. After each account it has the final tolal on each account and they are all the same. Pleas some one help. Thanks Bob ...

Money has stopped working #2
I receive error: Money has stopped working when I try to backup. A search found kb942485 which suggests changing DEP settings. Article is for Vista, won't let me make changes running Windows 7 Ultimate. Money Deluxe has run fine until last few days, problem started after installing newest updates, including Live Essentials 2011. System Restore is out, too many changes since updates were installed. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dick Lewis In microsoft.public.money, No_Junk_Wanted@Here.com wrote: >I receive error: Money has stopped working when I try to backup. A >se...

Missing accounts in Money 2004 after importing from Quicken Personal+ 2004
Hello Folks, after importing my Quicken file into Money 2004 Std. some accounts are not showing up in the account list. They show up in the pull down list of accounts when setting up scheduled transactions in the calendar etc. How can I get them to show in the account list? TIA Graeme. Tough to say as Money 2004 only supports importing Money 2003 and earlier. I'm surprised you got this far. BTW, Money2005, which claims to convert Q04, is something I do not recommended. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm. "Graeme" <gnichols@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:41...

Money Plus (2008) on XP
I am running Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 17.0.120.727 on Windows XP. Microsoft Money Plus prompts me repeatedly for a required software update. The update appears to download and install successfully. However the next time I run Money, it again prompts to install a required software update. Here are the dialogues presented: "To continue operating successfully, Money requires a software update. Click OK to close Money and begin the udpate now." "Money is now ready to download the new files. To begin the installation, click OK." "Please wait while Microsoft Mo...

Problem with inetinfo.exe since upgrading to Exchange 2003 SP1
Hi, My exchange 2003 server has run flawlessly until I installed exchange 2003 sp1 on it about two months ago. Since then we have had two crashes of the intetinfo service with the following error: Event Type: Information Event Source: Application Popup Event Category: None Event ID: 26 Date: 11/28/2005 Time: 6:55:12 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Application popup: inetinfo.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x77f4744e" referenced memory at "0x00630061". The memory could not be "read". **************** and **************** Event Typ...

Office 2004 Standard
When launching any Microsoft Office program - word, excel, powerpoint,=20 entourage - I get a message saying Microsoft has encountered a problem=20 and needs to close. Tried remove utility and reinstalled Office 2004. = Closed=20 all fonts. Same problem. In article 761501c494f0$99440450$a601280a@phx.gbl, Simon Browne at simon@boomtown.co.za wrote on 9/7/04 08:37: > When launching any Microsoft Office program - word, excel, powerpoint, > entourage - I get a message saying Microsoft has encountered a problem > and needs to close. Tried remove utility and reinstalled Office 2004. C...

office 97
Can I install Office 97 Pro on a mac G5 with VPC 7 and XP Pro? I really don't want to buy a later version when I only want to use Word and Excel. Thanks In article <98c7e093.0409010241.2d7db6d5@posting.google.com>, keyconc@yahoo.com (keyconc) wrote: > Can I install Office 97 Pro on a mac G5 with VPC 7 and XP Pro? > I really don't want to buy a later version when I only want to use Word and > Excel. > Thanks Since VPC7 isn't out yet, I can't say with absolute certainty, but Office 97 Pro runs fine on Windows XP Pro, so I'd put my confidence at 99.9%....

MSN Money Beta
There is a beta of MSN Money (*not* Microsoft Money) at http://beta.moneycentral.msn.com/ From there clicking Investing->Portfolio should ask to install the portfolio manager. The Deluxe portfolio is only for IE6, whereas the non-deluxe one should work on any Java-capable browser. http://beta.moneycentral.msn.com/stock_portfolio should get there without going thru the Investing and Portfolio links. There is a link of note on the portfolio manager page: "Portfolio Manager feedback" where they are looking for bug info or other comments. While there appears to be some probably re...

How to upgrade from single to multiple users for Office '08
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, there! My husband and I bought a single-user MS Office for Mac some time ago. But it's not working, as every time I'm in one of the programs he can't open it. Is it possible to upgrade our existing version to a multi-user version? Or do we need to buy an entirely new package? Help! Please include links on where to go if you have the answer. Thanks! - Alison Hi Alison; As you've found the single-user license entitles one user to install on one 'fixed' & one 'portable' system. ...

2004 vacation template
Could I have a copy of the 2004 vacation calendar, too, please? Thank you. Cathy, Sent to your email address as below. It has the UK Bank Holidays on it! If you do not get it or this is not your real email address please email me at B at NPBWISEMAN dot FSNET dot CO dot UK Barbara "Cathy" <cathy.t@comcast.net> wrote in message news:eqqdnUy33P93Cw-iRVn-uA@comcast.com... > Could I have a copy of the 2004 vacation calendar, too, please? > Thank you. > > ...

Money 2000 compatible with XP Professional
Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, dwi-fi wrote: >Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional? Yes, but it has to be an Administrator account. Does this mean I can move Money 2000 version 8.0 from my 98 based PC to my XP based PC and it will run ok? Thanks. "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, dwi-fi wrote: > > >Is Money 2000 Standard Ed. compatible with Windows XP professional? > > Yes, but it has to be an Administrator account. > > &q...

free upgrade to office 2010
I just purchased office 2007 and was told by the store I can register to receive the free upgrade to office 2010. Where can I do it? Thanks http://www.microsoft.com/office/offers/2/?CR_CC=100291595 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Dr Katz" <Dr Katz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F9EB729-9E24-473A-B8FE-F0A4F4BFFAF7@microsoft.com... >I just purchased office 2007 and was told by the store I can register to > receive the free upgrade to office 2010. Where can...

re-installing Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently wiped my iMac and then did a clean reinstall of everything. I'm now running OS 10.5.6 All other software is running properly but not Office. After I loaded Office 2004 for Mac Student and Teacher Edition I found I can't enter any User Information in the setup assistant-- not my name, not the product key. What gives? ...

Money.exe running but not Interface
I can not get my Money 2006 to show the user interface. Money.exe is showing as a running service but nothing on the screen. I've tried reinstalling but same problem. Any suggestions. I'm running XP If you mean msmoney.exe is running as a process and you get a message that Money is already running when you try to open your data file, either wait till msmoney stops or stop it yourself and try opening your data file again. JB ucrazy51 wrote: > I can not get my Money 2006 to show the user interface. Money.exe is showing > as a running service but nothing on the screen. I&#...