Upgrade after Trial Version, Money Essentials

I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to purcahse
it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download is
required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the data I
have entered?
0
janice (46)
12/7/2008 8:43:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

It shouldn't. BUT ALWAYS have a backup strategy for your data because S***
can ALWAYS happen for any number of reasons.

Are you really sure you want Essentials (MEss)? Very few users who find
their way here have found it a useful solution for very long. Its
limitations have brought many users here fairly quickly. And the answer to
most of them has been "quit playing around with MEss and just get Deluxe."

"Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to
>purcahse
> it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download is
> required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the data I
> have entered?

Further to Dick's post, your data is held on files with a suffix .mny and
..mbf. The former being the main data file, the latter being backups. So
uninstalling/reinstalling etc shouldn't affect your data.

To echo his comments, are you really really sure you want Essentials. It is
quite restricted in what you can do with it.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to
>purcahse
> it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download is
> required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the data I
> have entered?

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
12/8/2008 7:20:13 AM
"Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to
> purcahse
> it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another
> download is
> required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the
> data I
> have entered?

I am in a similar situation though I intend to buy the Delux version
that I have as the trial version. I don't know why MS wants us to
download again instead of just giving us an unlock key after payment.
Also, I am not sure just how much the Delux costs because there are all
kinds of extras included with the new download and I don't know if they
are worth it. All I want is just to pay for what I have in the trial
version and I don't want to download a new one.

RP

0
r_pol12gar (15)
12/8/2008 8:21:23 AM
The Deluxe Trial and the Deluxe paid version are not appreciably different
except in the ability of the full version to activate.

"RP" <r_pol12gar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am in a similar situation though I intend to buy the Delux version that
> I have as the trial version. I don't know why MS wants us to download
> again instead of just giving us an unlock key after payment. Also, I am
> not sure just how much the Delux costs because there are all kinds of
> extras included with the new download and I don't know if they are worth
> it. All I want is just to pay for what I have in the trial version and I
> don't want to download a new one.

Dick, I am upgrading from Money 2000 (!) and Essentials seems do do all that
it could do.  What limitations have you experienced...I guess I don't know
what I don't know with my comparison being the older version...  J

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> It shouldn't. BUT ALWAYS have a backup strategy for your data because S***
> can ALWAYS happen for any number of reasons.
>
> Are you really sure you want Essentials (MEss)? Very few users who find
> their way here have found it a useful solution for very long. Its
> limitations have brought many users here fairly quickly. And the answer to
> most of them has been "quit playing around with MEss and just get Deluxe."
>
> "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to
> >purcahse
> > it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download is
> > required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the data I
> > have entered?

0
janice (46)
12/8/2008 4:22:16 PM
You cannot read your 2001 file with Essentials. In fact it can't read any
file produced by a previous Money version!

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

> Dick, I am upgrading from Money 2000 (!) and Essentials seems do do all
> that
> it could do.  What limitations have you experienced...I guess I don't know
> what I don't know with my comparison being the older version...  J
>
> "Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't. BUT ALWAYS have a backup strategy for your data because
>> S***
>> can ALWAYS happen for any number of reasons.
>>
>> Are you really sure you want Essentials (MEss)? Very few users who find
>> their way here have found it a useful solution for very long. Its
>> limitations have brought many users here fairly quickly. And the answer
>> most of them has been "quit playing around with MEss and just get
>> Deluxe."
>>
>> "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to
>> >purcahse
>> > it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download
>> > is
>> > required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the data
>> > have entered?

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
12/8/2008 4:33:16 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Janice wrote:

>Dick, I am upgrading from Money 2000 (!) and Essentials seems do do all that
>it could do.  What limitations have you experienced...I guess I don't know
>what I don't know with my comparison being the older version...  J

It's nice that Essentials to work well for you.

Go to http://www.findmyorder.com and enter you order number.
Download the install file, and keep an extra copy including one that
you burn onto CD and store that CD with the activation code. Don't
lose the file or code, because you will need them to reinstall or
install onto a second computer.

Uninstall the Money Essentials trial. Install Money Essentials using
the downloaded file. Activate within 30 days.

>"Dick Watson" wrote:
>
>> It shouldn't. BUT ALWAYS have a backup strategy for your data because S***
>> can ALWAYS happen for any number of reasons.
>>
>> Are you really sure you want Essentials (MEss)? Very few users who find
>> their way here have found it a useful solution for very long. Its
>> limitations have brought many users here fairly quickly. And the answer to
>> most of them has been "quit playing around with MEss and just get Deluxe."
>>
>> "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have used the tiral version and it is coming to an end.  I want to
>> >purcahse
>> > it but when I go to the purchase page it appears as if another download is
>> > required.  Is this the case?  Will this download eliminate all the data I
>> > have entered?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/8/2008 4:34:24 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Janice wrote:

>Dick, I am upgrading from Money 2000 (!) and Essentials seems do do all that
>it could do.

Money Essentials was not able to make use of your existing Money
2000 file. So if you had not noticed that, you might want to
consider switching to Money Plus Deluxe. Deluxe would have the
ability to upgrade your Essentials file, or with an intermediate
step described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us ,
could convert the Money 2000 file. It can not integrate the data
from the Essentials file and the Money 2000 file, tho it could
switch between.

But if you want Essentials to behave just like it is in the trial
now, then the process described in my previous post would do that.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/8/2008 4:43:36 PM
If you are able to see your old data, then you did not download the trial
version. MEss cannot read pre-exisitng Money files from versions that
pre-dated MEss or form no MEss versions.

Transfer is one thing that MEss cannot do. Forecast Cash Flow is another.
There is a huge list…

"Janice" wrote:

> Dick, I am upgrading from Money 2000 (!) and Essentials seems do do all that
> it could do.  What limitations have you experienced...I guess I don't know
> what I don't know with my comparison being the older version...  J

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

International Version
I noticed that there is an Money 2004 International version for a 30-day trial. However, there doesn't seem to be any information about the difference between the International version vs. the US version for the real product. I am a US citizen living overseas and wonder if I should get a US version or an international version. I am worry when I need to go back to the states, all my data file cannot convert to the US version of Money. Joe If you intend to return to the USA, you should keep with the US Versions as the International versions are not compatible and include none ...

Money 2004 Upgrade Problem
I've been using Money 2003 small business. When I put in Money 2004 Standard it converted my files to 2004. I want the full small business functionality but now cannot open my files in 2003. The error reads: "Money cannot locate '(file name)' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I know the file is not read-only and is not open in another program. I also have the permission to change files on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do? I'm prett...

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Lotus Notes to Oulook Upgrade
Has anyone got a program that does this and which works reliably from rel 6 of Lotus Notes please? Thanks -- JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk John Perry <JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM> wrote: > Has anyone got a program that does this and which works reliably from > rel 6 of Lotus Notes please? Check with these people: http://www.transend.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Money 2004 Backup file
Hi Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it in the root folder. Thanks Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan wrote: > >Is there a way to specify a folder in the 'backup' options in Money 2004? >For instance, I would like to backup to my zip drive which is drive R. But >it doesn't give the option to specify a folder in that drive, just saves it >in the root folder. ...

Import data from Money 2002 to Excel
Hi, I'd like to import some transactions history from Money 2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Thx. In microsoft.public.money, Nick wrote: >Hi, > >I'd like to import some transactions history from Money >2002 into Excel. Does anybody know how I can do this? Prepare a report in Money and right-click into it. You can copy and paste or choose Export.... For more sophisticated information access, search Google for Moneylink. ...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Money 2007 deluxe backup issue
for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive around the 3 mb area - i have compact data checked - regular files are 8 & 12 mb are there settings to change to prevent this from happening there is plenty of space on the drive it names the file xxxd1 when i used my gigabank 8gb drive it did not do this but alas it died when i just try to continue on the 4g it says already used insert me medium advise please thanks In microsoft.public.money, tony wrote: >for some reason Money is breaking up my backups to my 4gb usb flash drive >around the 3 mb area...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

upgrading to exchange 2003 07-09-04
Hello, We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? Thanks Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >We are upgrading to exchange 2003 from exchange 2000. >What do we need to do to keep our crm 1.2 working? > >Thanks >. > ok, thanks >-----Original Message----- >Might be necessary to re-install the CRM email router on >the exchange server once you've completed the upgrade. >...

debug version of eboot hangs (x86)
I am using PB 6.0 and Intel version 2.4 BSP (x86). When I build by release image, the eboot (release version) works just fine: ************************************************************ Microsoft Windows CE BIOS Bootloader Version 2.2 (Built Jul 14 2005) INFO: code=0x4. INFO: code=0x4. INFO: code=0x4. Jumping to image (address=0x1391DC) Microsoft Windows CE Bootloader Co...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

Money 2005 #34
Perhaps I don't quite understand how to use Money, it's all new to me but this is my question, When I create an invoice and I receive that invoice into my business account it shows as "payment for invoice" but when the check for that invoice is deposited into my bank it shows up as 2 deposits when I download info from the bank. I can't get them to "match" as the "payment for invoice" does not show as an income. Am I missing something? -- Any help will be greatly appreciated, MtnMaine I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem because...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Money 2005 UK 'My Money' homepage
Does the UK version of Money 2005 have all the same options for synchorising account data onto the internet via the 'My Money' web page, the same was as the US version does? I keep being told that my accounts information is being uploaded to 'My Money' on the web..but can't find head nor tail when I sign on with my net password. Any thoughts... thanks The UK version has much much less of the online stuff that the US version has. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK t...

Upgrading from trial to Money 2005
I've installed a trial version of Money from the Microsoft website and having used it successfully decided to by the 2005 version. I'm having problems when I install 2005 - it says it's going to back up my data file and then convert it but when it tries i get the message that it can't find the data file or it may be write protected. I've checked the data file and it's not write protected and 2005 is definitely looking in the right place for it. Can anyone help please as I don't want to lose the data i've set up. Thanks in advance Tracey In microsoft.pu...

money 2004 canadian and norton antivirus
Can't install because of norton antivirus Turn off Norton Antivirus? -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Sylvain" <sylvain.savage@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:083401c358ef$094794e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can't install because of norton antivirus ...

problem with opening a money file <WEIRD>
I have used money 2005 for a year. Couple days ago I had to format my hard drive and install Windows XP a new. I saved my money mny file and the backup to it in the safe place. When I installed MS Money on my new system and tryed to open my mny file it displayed this error: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Money cannot locate 'filename' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you wi...

Money 2003 D&B
Whenever I try to start the Money 2003 d&B Invoice Designer, either from within Money or from the Start/Programs/ Menus, I get a series of Window Installer error boxes that say it "Can't load file" and refers to a SerialNumber.DLL file in a temp directory. After clicking on OK 9 times, the Invoice Designer starts. This is getting a little aggrevating having to clck OK 9 times just to start the program. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2003 D&B without success. Can any body offer a solution? BTY, I am running WinXP Home, SP1. Thanks. ...

Where can you download a trial version of Access 2002?
We're still running Windows 2K SP4, and cannot try out the trial version of Office 2007 (minimum system requirements is Windows XP). I need a copy of Access 2002 to open a MDB that was created in 2002 (it won't open in Access 2K). Thanks in advance for your help! Heidi Assuming that you have Access 2000 and this is a one-time event, find someone who has Access 2002 or 2003 and send them the database. They could covert it to the Access 2000 format for you. That would be simpler, and cheaper, than trying to install another version of Access. Assuming that the database isn&#...

Maintain multiple modified version for a report
My customer's client maintains several companies. Each company requires a different format of PO report. GP only has 2 format for PO's blank and other. They would like to have the capability to maintain several modified version on the PO blank or other form so that they do not have to change report dictionaries everytime a user will print a PO for a different company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If yo...

Microsoft security essentials
If you can help I'd appreciate it. I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,does that mean it takers the place of an anti-virus programme? I have AVG installed and I'm happy with it. I'm not sure if the above will conflict with AVG as it says MSE it is a virus and spyware scanner. thanks if you can Old Mariner wrote: > If you can help I'd appreciate it. > I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and > as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,doe...

problems with backup files for money 98
i recently purchased a new pc, and installed my version of money 98, and it does not recognize the backup files i saved on a cd-rw, however, it does bring them up on my old pc. when attempting to start up money, it displays a message that says 'cannot locate D:Financials....., this may be due to the file being read only. you can change this in windows explorer by changing its properties' i have been able to open money, but cannot retrieve the files of my accounts. i have saved it (the backup files) to the hard drive, and it says the same thing. this problem is critical as t...