Updating Money Deluxe 2007 question

Will Microsoft keep the Money updates available permanently, as they do with
updates for old operating systems like Windows 98?  The reason I ask is
that, at least in my experience, Money updates have never been a manually
downloadable file, but rather once you install the program, Money calls out
on the Internet and looks for updates.  If Microsoft doesn't keep the
updates online, is there any way to download the update files now for
permanent keeping?

I did a test.  I installed Money 2007 Deluxe on my Virtual PC.  As soon as I
went into the program after installation, it updated on its own.  I then did
some searching in my Temporary Internet Files, and found a CAB file called
"Surf.Cab" which contained the file "Surf.Mar."  I am assuming this is the
update file that Money downloaded, as the time stamp is correct, and I also
know that "Surf" has something to do with Money.  "Surf.Mar" itself isn't an
executable, so I don't know how I could apply the update in the future if I
had to reinstall and Microsoft took the updates down from their servers.

Does anyone know how to apply the update from my "Surf.Mar" file, or if
there is an executable file that can be downloaded and saved in order to
apply the update?

thanks.

0
diggeryo (32)
6/14/2009 4:29:54 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I think there are already updates to old versions that are no longer
available. There is no known way to capture the update download. (Hackery
excluded--you could surely reverse engineer this with WireShark if you had
time on your hands.) There was a discussion last month about ways to grab
the updates off a running patched M05 for use on top of a newly installed,
unpatched, M05. Clearly we have a lot to learn and more work to do in this
area.

"Mike" <diggeryo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Will Microsoft keep the Money updates available permanently, as they do
> with updates for old operating systems like Windows 98?  The reason I ask
> is that, at least in my experience, Money updates have never been a
> manually downloadable file, but rather once you install the program, Money
> calls out on the Internet and looks for updates.  If Microsoft doesn't
> keep the updates online, is there any way to download the update files now
> for permanent keeping?

Time question
I need a formula that would figure out what time it would have to be to complete a 40 hour week The information I have to plug in is this. Current total hours - 37 hrs 32 mins Current time is - 12:39 pm What time does it have to be to complete 40 hours? Seems like it should be simple but.... -- gueyo A1: 37:32:00 B1: 40:00:00 C1: 12:39 PM D1: =C1+(B1-A1) -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "gueyo" wrote: > I need a formula that w...

stock quotes not updating
Money 2004 ... premium ... stopped retrieving quote updates 10/5. I tell it to update prices, it says it's making the call, then returns "completed" but prices haven't changed, and dates for last quote haven't changed either. In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >Money 2004 ... premium ... stopped retrieving quote updates 10/5. > >I tell it to update prices, it says it's making the call, then returns >"completed" but prices haven't changed, and dates for last quote haven't >changed either. Go to the Portfolio view, and C...

Updating already imported records in CRM 4.0
hi all we've recently imported many accounts via seperate csv files, but it turns out 1 of the csv files had a cell issue, and as a result, there was a shift in the alignment of suburbs against approx 1000 imported accounts does anyone have any recommendations on how i can update this to be correct? I have the correct data in CSV format now, but dont want to delete & start again as i have already imported the related contacts, activities etc? Many thanks Matt On May 21, 1:29=A0pm, Matthew McMaster <MatthewMcMas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi all > > w...

Easy Money
do not respond to my earlier post not send me anything do not follow any of the directions on that erroneous post I thought it would be "funny"...I do not want any money, mail (email or otherwise) Please realize that this is illegal and respect my wishes to not receive any mail (i get enough crap in the mail already) I apologize for the post and any trouble it might have caused, if I could retract it I would ! Best ...

Publisher 2007 -how to view all pages in bottom row of taskbar
I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. document contains 10 pages, which were visible as number rows at the bottom underneath the document within the publisher taskbar frame). I cannot select a page any more. How can I get this page row back? Thank you in advance for your replies. CosmicFaery wrote: > I've upgraded from 2003, and now the pages of my webpage listed on > the bottom of the Publisher window are all missing (my website pub. > document contains 10 pages, which were ...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Excel 2007 dates and conditional formats
Can anyone please tell me why I can not use a conditional format (<>=) to identify if a date is greater or smaller then another. Everytime I try it, Excel does it right in the first column but misses by 2 days in all following. It also appears to have problems with the years. Example: Date of propposed compleation of a task is 10/10/07; if the date of actual completion is 10/10/07 or sooner, turn GREEN. If the date of completion is 10/11/07 or older, turn RED. Can anyone help?? Regards Mary Hi Mary, First thing to check: What does 10/11/07 mean? November 10 1907? November 10 2007? O...

Trouble getting Bill Pay to work with Money 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 Deluxe to Money 2005 Premium this evening. I had Bill Pay working in the 2004 version. I went to enable the "Access your Money data on the Web" option in Settings. It said that I had to disable Bill Pay first before it would continue and that it would enable Bill Pay again once the process was complete. Unfortunately, now I can't get Bill Pay enabled again. I can go to the Bills screen and see my scheduled bills, but I can't do ePay through Bill Pay in Money anymore. When I go to Manage Online Services, I see my bank accounts that are ...

Last Question regarding ITems
I am unclear as to how I should take care of this item... Take for example I order a carton or case of items by I only sell these items by the single item. So in a case there is 36 or 48 or 60 of one item. How Should I enter this into RMS? I want to be able to buy 1 cs and recieve the inventory and have RMS automatically make it so that I have 36, 48 or 60 of them available. parent = case child = individual like items within case search help file for "parent child" "Pr0ject" <Pr0ject@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9E706E8-75B1-4E64-ACCF-72EAE...

Unable to import Quicken file to Money
I am trying to import my QUICKEN 2004 data file (QDATA.QDF) into Money 2004. I followed all the directions and validated the QDATA file first, but NOTHING imports. All I get are messages that indicate "Your Quicken file contained invalid transaction types". The only transactions I have are account (Checking and Savings) transactions - debits and credits. I have tried this a number of times, and downloaded all updates to Money, but nothing ever converts. Can anyone help? You can not import Q2004 into M2004. You'll have to wait a few more days and then import it into M2...

Excel 2007 exits without asking if I want to save
Hi All, I just started using Excel 2007 recently. I notice it exits when I keys in Alt-F4, without confirming if I want to save, even if I had made changes to the workbook. Is there an option which I can set and make Excel 2007 verify if the user, wants to save before exiting? This is the default in earlier Excel versions. Thanks for help. have you recently run a macro in which you forgot to turn on Application.DisplayAlerts =3D True? susan On Nov 24, 5:25=A0am, ch <c...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I just started using Excel 200...

SQL update.
Hi NG. I have a: Table_1 Query_1 Query_2 Report_1 Form_1 Module_1 with 1 macro. In my Formula_1 I have a ButtonA to activate Module_1 where I Delete all records in Table_1 and import a txt-file to Table_1. With ButtonB I can activate Report_1. Next to this Button I want count from Query_2. Query_2 (Count records in Table_1 (by using Query_1) and is also for Excel): SELECT Count(Ellos_SE_Alm_Q.Postby) AS SE_Alm FROM Ellos_SE_Alm_Q; I have Query_2 as a SUBform in Form_1. My problem is that I must close/open Form_1 for update and that is annoying. I do hope for a...

money for notihng that works
What is $5 and 15 minutes when it can make you earn $100,000 ? Not much, if you ask me... You've probably seen a lot of those kind of messages over forums and newsgroups, and the explanation for this can be given in two words: IT WORKS! But how on earth, will you ask me, does it actually works? How is such a thing possible? This is a simple pyramid scheme. To explain it to you with realistic numbers, lets take a simple example: Imagine you folow the instructions given below, and post your message to 500 newsgroups (wich isn't much). 10 people read your message and also folow the ins...

using a macro question revisited
Concerned that the thread was bypassed after going 4 deep, I have reposted it with full includes. The way the macro works as currently written, it can return to multiple cells; but in this instance, I just need it to return either the sum of 2 randomly generated numbers between 1 and 6 (simulating a dice roll), or a single randomly generated number between 1 and 6, and then have the cell be stable after that is done (not constantly recalculating with every chnage made to the spreadsheet). "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:uBokaQVAGHA.2...

sync portfolio with msn money
Hi friends, I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, Is there any way to achive that, I would like to view and make changes from both places. Thanks, have a nice day Roshlin wrote: > Hi friends, > > I would like to use my money 2007 portfolio from my home and office, > Is there any way to achive that, > I would like to view and make changes from both places. You can do this, but you'll have to be extremely rigorous about moving your file back and forth. Money assumes one user/one PC. The database has no features for multiple access or syn...

Simple question
I have an xls sheet that always print 6 copies. When ever I want to print, I have to change it to 1 copy. It's only this one xls sheet. Everything else prints 1 copy like it's suppose to. It's not the printer settings. Like I said, it's just this one xls sheet. Can someone tell me how to make it print 1 copy only and then stay as 1 as the defualt. I have made many changes to the sheet and saved it many times, but it always defaults to 6 copies. Very Strange. Thanks in advance. Phil If maybe as simple as this, as each page can have the page count se individua...

business contact manager will not import ACT! 2007
Just upgraded, but my new version of ACT! 2007 will not work. I tried exporting to CSV but mapping was off. ...

Few Basic Questions
I am a brand user new to Microsoft RMS as well as C-store business so have some fairly basic questions (if I can get myself up to speed with FAQ etc, feel free to pass the pointer). About to lease (leading to purchase) a C-store where I am investor and will rely on my partner to operate it. Evaluating POS options to bring operational transparency and efficiency as store is run with manual register today. <> Best place to find documentation / config guides? I have self-installed 60-day demo version RMS on two test PCs which works fine but product documentation included is path...

GP Update Company
I receive this error in GP utilities after upgrading from GP 8.0 to GP 10.0, SP4 on SQL Server 2005. Interestingly the update goes seamlessly for another company. The error seems to be associated with professional services tools library. The following SQL statement produced an error: create procedure dbo.taFSRMALineLot @I_vReturn_Record_Type smallint, @I_vRETDOCID char(15), @I_vLNSEQNBR numeric(19,5) = 0, @I_vQTYTYPE smallint = 1, @I_vSERLTQTY numeric(19,5) = 1, @I_vITEMNMBR char(31) = null, @I_vLOTNUMBR char(21) = null, @I_vLOCNCODE char(11) = null, @I_vSLTSQNUM inte...

print multiple attachments outlook 2007
How do I print multiple attachments to an email in outlook 2007 without selecting each one individually? File-> Print...-> select option: Print attached files This will of course print the message itself as well. In order to print only the attachments or a selection of your attachments in one go, you'll need a printing add-in. Some are listed here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printing -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

Money 2005 Account number displays as xxxxx
I have just upgraded from Money 2004 STD (Australia). All my account numbers in the 'accounts list' dialog box display mainly as 'xxxxx. My account numbers are alphnumeric. They are correct when I open the individual accounts. Does anyone have a work around or know of a fix for this bug? Rgds - Pete This is nothing more than stupid knee jerk pseudo-security. R-click and go to the account settings and it will look correct. "Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3e01c4ac1c$02961af0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have just upgraded ...

Money 2004 crash on startup #2
just find that it only crash when i use my current user, not happening when i logon as another user, seems my profile has some problem, maybe more startup & program installed. any idea on how to troubleshoot ? =========== just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? a further findings, i run Money2004 using "run as" another user, it works ! using local adm or domain userwith local adm right also run correctly....

Update Charts X-axis
I have a program with 76 charts. They all use the same range to get their x-axis (dates). At the first of every month, I change the dates to show the upcoming month. The table shows the entire year, but we just view it one month (fiscal) at a time. The series is by rows, but could be changed to columns if necessary. I inherited this program. Currently I have to update each one of them manually (click on each and change their XValues). Is there a way I can update all of them at one time? Could vba be used to select and update each chart with me just selecting the range? I am no stranger...

Macro to update information if date changes
using Exel 2000.. I want excel to compare dates on two seperate worksheets and if the date on the first is greater than the second to insert rows and than copy cells on the second to different cells also on the second page. ie..main sheet date is 11-05-08 compared to sheet2 date is 11-04-08...insert cells at a21:d21 and shift cells down (on sheet2) then copy cells b13:h13 to a21:b21 The description seems a bit inconsistent, but here is a shot With Worksheets("Main Sheet") If .Range("A1").Value > Worksheets("Second Sheet").Range("A1&q...