Update Prices Online... not updating stock prices - Money 2004

Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004.  In Money 2004 when I
do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task
runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not
updated.  The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed
successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall.

 I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices for
any of the stock.  I verified my stocks still have the correct stock symbol
listed.  I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and made sure my stocks
were selected to download update prices.  Any ideas what the problem could
be?  Thanks,

  Rick
  email:   onlinemanXX@excite.com  <= remove XX for real email address

0
Rickk (3)
1/2/2005 3:12:53 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Rickk wrote:

>Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004.  In Money 2004 when I
>do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task
>runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not
>updated.  The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed
>successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall.
>
> I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices for
>any of the stock.  I verified my stocks still have the correct stock symbol
>listed.  I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and made sure my stocks
>were selected to download update prices.  Any ideas what the problem could
>be?  Thanks,

Money 2004 can be that way when many of the downloaded stock symbols
do not have available quotes. Having Money not attempt to fetch
those may help. Sometimes quote symbols change.

Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload will let you de-select
securities.

Customizing in the LastUpdated column into you Portfolio view can be
useful to identify symbols that are not current. Sort by that
column. Note stocks you still have that have a symbol, but the
LastUpdated date is not fairly recent. Those probably had symbol
changes. You can correct or blank the symbol if appropriate, or you
can use Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload to stop
attempting to download that.

Alternatively could use
Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload and clear out most.
Leave a few high-volume stocks. Then start adding stocks back until
you again have the symptom.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/2/2005 3:50:22 PM
Cal,
   Thanks but I figured out the problem was my dumb mistake.  I was looking
for a new date on the stock quotes but the market has been closed since
12/31/04.  I added a new investment stock and it updated he price for
12/31/04 which is the last date the info was available. thanks for you help.

Rick

> In microsoft.public.money, Rickk wrote:
>
>>Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004.  In Money 2004 when
>>do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task
>>runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not
>>updated.  The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed
>>successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall.
>>
>> I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices
>> for
>>any of the stock.  I verified my stocks still have the correct stock
>>symbol
>>listed.  I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and made sure my stocks
>>were selected to download update prices.  Any ideas what the problem could
>>be?  Thanks,
>
> Money 2004 can be that way when many of the downloaded stock symbols
> do not have available quotes. Having Money not attempt to fetch
> those may help. Sometimes quote symbols change.
>
> Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload will let you de-select
> securities.
>
> Customizing in the LastUpdated column into you Portfolio view can be
> useful to identify symbols that are not current. Sort by that
> column. Note stocks you still have that have a symbol, but the
> LastUpdated date is not fairly recent. Those probably had symbol
> changes. You can correct or blank the symbol if appropriate, or you
> can use Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload to stop
> attempting to download that.
>
> Alternatively could use
> Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload and clear out most.
> Leave a few high-volume stocks. Then start adding stocks back until
> you again have the symptom.

0
Rickk (3)
1/2/2005 8:06:58 PM
I have the same problem, but your advice does not solve the problem.
Up until December 31, the funds were updated, then suddenly stopped.
Indices, such as Dow Jones, are updated, but mutual funds have not been
updated. The message and report are the same as Rick's. Do you have any other
ideas to solve this problem?

"Rickk" wrote:

> Cal,
>    Thanks but I figured out the problem was my dumb mistake.  I was looking
> for a new date on the stock quotes but the market has been closed since
> 12/31/04.  I added a new investment stock and it updated he price for
> 12/31/04 which is the last date the info was available. thanks for you help.
>
> Rick
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message
> > In microsoft.public.money, Rickk wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all, I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004.  In Money 2004 when
> >>do a "Update prices Online" to update the prices of my stocks, this task
> >>runs to completion with out error but the actual stock prices are not
> >>updated.  The "Read Call Summary Messages" for this task said it completed
> >>successfully. I even tried turning off my firewall.
> >>
> >> I went to "Update prices manually" and there was no new entries/prices
> >> for
> >>any of the stock.  I verified my stocks still have the correct stock
> >>symbol
> >>listed.  I also selected "Pick Quotes to Download" and made sure my stocks
> >>were selected to download update prices.  Any ideas what the problem could
> >>be?  Thanks,
> >
> > Money 2004 can be that way when many of the downloaded stock symbols
> > do not have available quotes. Having Money not attempt to fetch
> > those may help. Sometimes quote symbols change.
> >
> > Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload will let you de-select
> > securities.
> >
> > Customizing in the LastUpdated column into you Portfolio view can be
> > useful to identify symbols that are not current. Sort by that
> > column. Note stocks you still have that have a symbol, but the
> > LastUpdated date is not fairly recent. Those probably had symbol
> > changes. You can correct or blank the symbol if appropriate, or you
> > can use Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload to stop
> > attempting to download that.
> >
> > Alternatively could use
> > Portfolio->UpdatePrices->PickQuotesToDownload and clear out most.
> > Leave a few high-volume stocks. Then start adding stocks back until
> > you again have the symptom.

Website not updating again . . .
No updates to my EXCEL discussion group for about 6 hours. Same, same - actually the HTML interface doesn't show anything since 1/9/2010!! Amazing that individuals and organizations smaller than MSFT can have smooth running operations, but the MSFT boards themselves are so unreliable. And no immediate POC to go to to even request someone actually look at things and reboot, kick, cuss or take whatever other action may be required to get it going again. "trip_to_tokyo" <info@pierrefondes.com> wrote in message news:45A1E599-AB23-4ECD-A911-5C1E7BA7EC85@micro...

Microsoft Offide for Mac 2004 Causes Sleep Problem
After installing the latest update for Office for Mac 2004, my G4 will not fall asleep automatically according to the setting in System Preferences. I can put it to sleep manually, but since I don't always know when I am not coming back to the computer for awhile, this is an issue for me. Can anyone help? Is it possible to uninstall this update, or would it involve uninstalling all the Office apps and starting over? I sure hope not. H.G. On 5/28/07 5:34 PM, in article 1180398840.085234.35540@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, "CALF@swbell.net" <CALF@swbell.net> wrote: > A...

Links not showing updated value
I have linked spreadsheets and I have noticed that one of the links is not showing an updated figure. How can I 'refresh' the spreadheet so that it shows the new value? Wanson try Edit/Links and click Update Values any use? Nick -- Nicko ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Nicko's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29477 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491779 Thanks for this Nick. I did Edit/links, open souce/update now and then saved both the source and ...

Money Crashing in lifetime planner
The lifetime module of money 2005 keeps crashing. It seems to be crashing in the taxes section of the planner. Is anyone else having this problem? If you're happy to reset the planner, then you could download the registry fix from http://money.mvps.org/patches.htm which should wipe it all out, so you can start it again. However, take a backup beforehand because this should reset everything. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or...

Smart Tags for stocks
Smart Tags seems to work in general, but the tags do not recognize certain accepted stock symbols. For example, FEQTX, FLPSX don't get smart-tagged yet they are readily available via MSN Money. Is there some way to address this? Thanks, Stuart ...

Is there any update on the Entourage Notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop see this thread for details? <br> Ian IJH@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Email Client: pop see this thread for details? Sorry, no link appears in your message. To date, I know of no announcements from either Microsoft or Apple indicating they are working on making Notes sync. Entourage 2008 was released with its Notes format before Apple released their version of Mail with Notes. Apple simply didn...

problem updating link from Novell server to windows server #REF er
We are migrating all staff from Novell servers to Windows 2003 servers. I have someone who is changing the reference/link in the formula bar to show the new location of the linked files. This is the current location: '\\ISD-MGV\SYS\Data\Public\Valueadd\mds\Old Process\old sheets\[CU SELECT.xls]EVM_FINAL_COUNTS'!A2 We are trying to change: '\\ISD-MGV\SYS\Data\Public to '\\domain name\fsroot\Mpr\Msg\MC B2B Training and Marketing followed by the rest of the original path \Valueadd\mds\Old Process\old sheets\[CU SELECT.xls]EVM_FINAL_COUNTS'!A2 They are opening up t...

Puttin Money 2004 on another PC
I've got a brand new Dell Dimension 3000 running XP Pro / SP2 and loaded Money 2k4. Originally, I tried accessing my .mny file on my white box running 2k Pro from the Dell. The name at the top of the window changed reflecting the .mny file name but no data appeared inside the Money 2k4 window. - I uninstalled Money 2k4 and re-installed it on the Dell and applied all the MS updates for Money. Still no luck... - I copied the file off the 2k Pro box and onto the Dell. Still no luck... - I executed a repair on the file and tried accessing the new one. Still no luck... - I restored the ba...

Add Full Price Total to Receipt
I am trying to include on the receipt the pre-discount transaction total. I see a Entry.ExtendedFullPricePurchased and Entry.ExtendedFullPrice. But I need it for Transaction. -- Biloxi ...

Manufacuring BOM
v9.0 - Does anyone have any ideas on how to setup a subassembly that periodically maybe stocked -- so that if there is a current qty on-hand of the subassembly that is used in a parent item -- the subassembly can be automatically pulled from inventory -- but if there is no current qty on-hand the subassembly can be automatically added to the parent BOM for manufacturing (similar to phantom item)? If the subassembly is purley setup as a phantom the current on-hand quantity will never be used. The only work around I have found is to setup the subassembly BOM twice -- once as a MFG Regu...

Upgrading to 2004 in MacBook Pro
I purchased my Office 2004 for use on my powerbook G4 as an upgrade to Classic (actually OS8.6) software on my old tower. I brought across the Classic files and part of the old system files so the installer would spot them and install the new OSX compatible software. So in MacBook Pro there is no Classic environment as I understand it. When I try to install the Office 2004 upgrade, do I still need to import the oldie files, and if so which files specifically are required for the installer to be satisfied? Jack Other reports here have confirmed that you can use the drag-and-drop install meth...

money 2006 small business #3
My file is very large. Is there anything I can do to help the program move faster. Someone helped me with 2004 and it seemed to make a differece. Maybe there are bells and whistles that I dont need much. It is frustrating to wait for somthing to record. Thanks. RBC In microsoft.public.money, RBC wrote: >My file is very large. Is there anything I can do to help the program move >faster. Someone helped me with 2004 and it seemed to make a differece. Maybe >there are bells and whistles that I dont need much. It is frustrating to wait >for somthing to record. Thanks. First...

Can't Review Transactions now in Money 2004
I am looking for information how to activate Review Transactions. I can download them from my bank; there is a list (6) to review, but they will not appear in my statement, and I cannot figure out how to review/activate/open them. This feature used to work automatically, but has suddenly and inexplicably stopped. Thanks for any help. jms In microsoft.public.money, js wrote: >I am looking for information how to activate Review Transactions. I can >download them from my bank; there is a list (6) to review, but they will not >appear in my statement, and I cannot figure out...

Money 2004 Problem with Matching Downloaded Transactions
Is there some way to stop Money from matching downloaded transactions with already-reconciled transactions? This keeps happening, and the only option offered with the match is to "accept" it. I would be happy if I could change it, but that's not happening. There is the fairly radical solution of "don't download". Many posters believe that sorting out the mess caused by downloading just isn't worth it and takes much more time than the alternative. There is no God given decree that says just because something is available you have to use it. I, amongst ot...

Word 2004 saving every document as a "read Only" and keeps quitting
Hi, Has anyone had this happen? Word 2004 keeps saving my documents as "read only." I trashed the preferences and reinstalled. Also on every, new or old, document it says "Word can not fire event," along with it quitting for no particular reason. Can you help me figure out why it is saving everything as a read only file? Sigh...I am doing a big project in Word and I am not sure what to do about all these issues. I went to email Microsoft and it says my serial is not the correct one, even thought I am reading it directly off the package. Here is the error report from ...

Can't save favorite report in Money 2005
Hi - when I customize a report in Money 2005 Premium and try to save it, nothing happens (i.e. when I later pull up "favorite reports", the report I tried to save is not there). Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks. I'm also having problems savings any favorite reports. Someome please help!! Thanks. "Bill P" wrote: > Hi - when I customize a report in Money 2005 Premium and > try to save it, nothing happens (i.e. when I later pull > up "favorite reports", the report I tried to save is not > there). Any ideas on how to fix this? ...

stock chart non-linear y-axis
A chart displays columns representing #shares traded for a group of 20 stocks along x-axis. Because the displayed values span a wide range (some columns are 1000x larger than others) the small volume stocks are hardly visible. What is needed is a way to make Y-axis non-linera; however, a log scale is useless because of the enourmous compression that takes place at the higher end of the y-axis. Is there a way of displyaing non-linear values at a scale less than allowed by log values? Web-based stock charts do this regularly, for example see chart displayed on Yahoo finance of Apple Computers ...

Solution for Office 2004 Install Quit (after license)
We've found a workaround for earlier posts about the Office 2004 installation process quiting just after accepting the license. Apparently, this is caused by some type of corruption in the target admin account, so on the advice of our IT people, I created a new account, made it an Admin, then logged into this new account and installed Office, no problem. I then logged back into the original problem account and had no difficulties opening any of the Office apps or adding them to the Dock. -- Lee This turned out to - partially - solve my problem. I was having exactly the same freeze after...

Latest Money 2005 update
Does anyone know if there is an official list of fixes that are included in the latest Money 2005 update? Thanks! Nothing published that I know of. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Alex P." <Alex P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E68...

Forms to update queries
I have created multiple tables: cust_tbl - list of customers(will not change) prod_tbl - list of products (will not change) bud_tbl - commitment level at the beginning of the year (will not change) mon.spend_tbl - customer's monthly spend (will vary monthly) I have a query that will combine the tables to provide a list of customers, the customer's related prodcuts, the customer's commitment, the monthly spend and the variance between the commitment and monthly spend. How can I set up a form that will update the criteria in the query based off a list of customers and produ...

Apply the critical update for Windows
--yrhmhnnoilifqsscy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dydiepugia"; type="multipart/alternative" --dydiepugia Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="spstjqoxqbb" --spstjqoxqbb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the...

update supplier cost in HQ
hi, how can i update supplier cost in HQ from stores when received a new PO. thanks ...

Money 2006 #8
I bought Microsoft Money 2006 standard at walmart. The installation went throw fine. When I went to use it I of course had to sign in and all of that but because I my not internet connected it wouldn't let me go now. What uses is a program that I can use? HELP! Please! So, you set it up with a Passport on your file? Did you really need to (needed to for downloads, etc) or did you just think Money wanted you to? When you say "When I went to use it I of course had to sign in", you assert something that isn't necessarily true. I've NEVER signed into Money except when ...

Money equivalent to Quicken web entry?
I am attempting to move from Quicken to Money. One Quicken feature I can't live without is the Web Entry/One Step Update. Simply put, this allows one to enter the day's expenses on the Web for download into the Quicken account later. Search as I might, I cannot figure out even if Money offers this option, much less how to do it. By the way, Money spares no expense in attempting to get me to provide information on my banking and investment institutions. Pardon me, Mr. Gates, that's none of your damn business. I just want to log in my lunch expenses from my office. Any help ap...

money with firewall and virus protection
ON TRYING TO INSTAL MONEY 2004 I FIND ERROR MESSAGE SAYING IT CANNOT INSTALL IT WITH FIREWALL AND VIRUS PROTECTION, AS IT CAN HAVE TROUBLE WITH OPERATION. WILL IT WORK IF I DISABLE THE FIREWALL? For starters please learn to turn off the CAPS LOCK, it is hard to read and irritating! Now lecture over. Some AV's and Firewalls don't like Money so a) disconnect from Internet, b) Uninstall AV etc, c) install Money, d) reinstall AV, e) reconnect. Once the AV/Firewall finds Money already installed it will be happy. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http:/...