Update Mutual Fund prices?

Hi,

   Is it possible to get Money (2004) to download (Fidelity) Mutual Fund
prices automatically? How will it work if there is no stock symbol?
   Currently I have to update them manually.

Thanks,
Sridev
0
sridev (1)
10/5/2004 2:02:38 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Automatically? Check out Background Banking in help. No stock symbol? It
won't download a quote without a stock symbol.

In microsoft.public.money, Sridev Raghavan wrote:

>   Is it possible to get Money (2004) to download (Fidelity) Mutual Fund
>prices automatically?

Yes, those with a public symbol.

> How will it work if there is no stock symbol?

No automatic price download in that case.

>   Currently I have to update them manually.

What funds?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
10/5/2004 2:41:08 AM
All Fidelity mutual funds have a symbol. Find out what it is and apply it to
the investment. Then do online price updates.
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Sridev Raghavan" <sridev@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
>   Is it possible to get Money (2004) to download (Fidelity) Mutual Fund
> prices automatically? How will it work if there is no stock symbol?
>   Currently I have to update them manually.
>
> Thanks,
> Sridev

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/5/2004 2:46:39 AM
This is not true.  They have some special "house funds" for large
customers. They usually track closely one of the public funds, but not
necessarily.  They might also have special redemption restrictions that
make them cheaper to manage so that they can operate without the normal
cash cushion of a publicly traded fund that has to worry about turn over.

Chris Cowles wrote:

> All Fidelity mutual funds have a symbol. Find out what it is and apply it to
> the investment. Then do online price updates.

0
art4580 (318)
10/8/2004 12:10:25 AM
I stand corrected.
--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Art McClinton" <art@nova.org> wrote in message
> This is not true.  They have some special "house funds" for large
> customers. They usually track closely one of the public funds, but not
> necessarily.  They might also have special redemption restrictions that
> make them cheaper to manage so that they can operate without the normal
> cash cushion of a publicly traded fund that has to worry about turn over.
>
> Chris Cowles wrote:
>
>> All Fidelity mutual funds have a symbol. Find out what it is and apply it
>> to the investment. Then do online price updates.

0
NoSpam1246 (979)

links not updating
Hi I have two files. Data in File 1 is linked to data in file 2. I have both the files open. When I change a value in file 2, the data in file 1 should update automatically. This doesn't seem to be happening. I have to go to each cell and hit F2 for the update to happen. I've tried both F9 and Shift-F9. The calcuations are set to automatic but still it doesn't update uatomatically. Any idea what is happening? Thanks Utkarsh Do you have calculation set to automatic (tools|Options|calculation tab)? If yes, are you sure you have both workbooks open in the same instance of excel? ...

I have added FrontPage 2003 and now I can't update my Pub2003 site
Ever since I installed FP 2003, I have not been able to update my Publisher site. Does FP cause a known conflict? -- Dedicated Virtual Assistant at http://www.world-wide-virtual.us Hi Damzish (msgroupsreply@world-wide-virtual.us), in the newsgroups you posted: || Ever since I installed FP 2003, I have not been able to update my || Publisher site. || || Does FP cause a known conflict? There are no known issues. What appears to be the problem? What is happening? Are you getting any error messages? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ T...

how do i update assigned tasks when completed
I get an email back to say the task is complete but it hasn't updated the task on my list with the information. Do i have to update it myself? If a copy of the task remains in the sent folder and its not updated when you open the update message, yes, you need to do it yourself. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSL...

Cannot open Price Sheet
Hi All, We encounter an error message that says "This record is currently in use by another user" when trying to open a Price Sheet although no one is using such record. Kindly advise how to fix this problem. Thank you. Hi All, I already found the solution. I cleared the tables in Dynamics: ACTIVITY SY00800 SY00801 And in TempDb: DEX_LOCK DEX_SESSION -- Yani "Yani" wrote: > Hi All, > > We encounter an error message that says "This record is currently in use by > another user" when trying t...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

Portfolio stock prices
Anyone else having problems today with Canadian Stock prices in Money 2005 Canadian Standard Edition. All my prices are 1000 times the actual stock price, makes me feel like Bill Gates. Yes, I am having the same problem today. Thanks, Mark "Michael Brimicombe" wrote: > Anyone else having problems today with Canadian Stock prices in Money 2005 > Canadian Standard Edition. All my prices are 1000 times the actual stock > price, makes me feel like Bill Gates. > > > Just checked again, prices seem to be correct now. "Mark - Canada" <Mark -...

Updating Accounts
About a month ago I opened my Money program and saw that it had deleted the sign-on info I had saved for Home Depot and MBNA. Since then, it has not allowed me to set up online updates. I keep getting "Account Updates Not Available, Please Try Again Later". These accounts had been updating fine before this. I have called support, talked to support online, they closed the session every time as unresolved. WHAT'S THE DEAL? I am seriously looking into trashing Money and using Quicken! ...

I did do an update today form Microsofts update page #2
If I can remember correctly, it was 2 new items that came out today for the OS. Could that have casued this. But it worked Ok afterwards. Nothing else installed in the last week. ...

special pricing
I am trying to figure out how to set special pricing for specific customers. I already have retail, A & B pricing, with A being lowest, then B, and retail being the highest price. I offer the different prices based on volume. Now, I am trying to set up a customer with special prices on a select number of items. these prices are below A pricing, and i have been changing the pricing on each transaction. this is very time consuming, and prone to making mistakes. i would like to be able to set up a special pricing structure for specific customers on a job by job basis, or for a set per...

Recipient policy updates fail with LDAP Error 8033
We noticed today that new user accounts were not getting their email addresses filled in as specified in the default recipient policy (Exchange 2003). I turned up logging on the server for MSExchangeAL and see that the server is failing to apply the policy because it gets an error #8033, Category LDAP Operations, Source MSExchangeAL -- Error text: LDAP search result on directory emsexch1.emscrm.com for entry 'C=emscrm,DC=com' was unsuccessful with error:[0xa] Referral [ 0000202B: RefErr: DSID-031006D9, data 0, 1 access points ref 1: 'com' -- The domain controller for both r...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

Updating Excel Spreadsheet
I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically updating the spreadsheet of one user with newer information input by another user. Hello, I think you should use shared workbook. Ex2003: Tools/Share Workbook... Ex2007: Review Ribbon/Share Workbook... Obviously, you need to save the file into shared drive. Let us know if it works :) -- Milan Bortel MCP, MCAS, MCTS GOPAS Computer Training Center Brno, Czech Republic "joesw" wrote: > I have 3 users that use the same spreadsheet, is there a way of automatically >...

Disable "Quotes, News and other Information" in update now.
I'm using Money 2006 stand alone without passport.net. When in Money and choosing Connect to Bank/Update Now (update online information), I'm given two options by check marks: Quotes, News and other information and Account Transactions. I want to permanently disable the Quotes, News and other information category. If I uncheck the box, it always comes back the next time when I update. I want to uncheck the box and keep it unchecked so as to move forward with only the Account Transactions in a timely manner. Is there a place where I can make this permanent change? Thanks! -- Paulie.....

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

issue with serial port on module, updating form
Hello, Ive created a serial port instance on a module. In the same module I have the sub data_received. Now I'd like to update a control in a form, how can I do it? Thanks in advance You need to use Control.BeginInvoke or .Invoke to update the UI via a Delegate. You can download the VB2005 Terminal example from my website, which illustrates this. Dick -- Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Comm...

how do i work out what price to charge
i am a nail technician, and would like help with working out what i spend every month( on supplies e.g nails, nail polish , nail polish remover, fuel( car) , etc etc ), then be able to have a total figure at the end where i charge for a certain job, i.e french nails $30... by being able to work out how much im spending a month, compared to how much im earning... i'll soon realise whether or not im under charging myself look forward to your response kind regards Good questions. You could start with a simple table, say with 5 columns: Date, Category, Description, Expense, Revenue....

Formula Cell not updating
I have a workbook with several worksheets in it. The sheets are not related to each other except that I used the copy worksheet feature to add sheets. There is a formula cell which totals the two cells to the immediate left on each worksheet. For some reason, when I change one of the values in the cells being added, it doesn't update the total, unless I retype the formula in the cell. I have had this problem one other time in the past. I'm not sure how to fix it. -- Sincerely, Beverly76 Hi you may check if automatic calculation is enabled ('Tools - Options - Calculate...

Updating External Link Values.
Hi All, Im sure there is an easy solution to this but im banging my head against a brick wall here! I have a cell which changes each week to reflect the week number "Week 26" etc. I have an external link to another workbook in the format: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 25 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5) Basically I just want to be able to get that "Week 25" to change. To check the value in F1 (which has the Formula which creates "Week 26") to: =IF(F5=0,0,'H:\Desktop\Apps\[Bus Week 26 Stats.xls]Week'!F$5). Sounds easy huh! Im stuck! Help! :eek...

Updating Excel spreadsheets over the Internet?
We have a client who has several satellite locations. Each day, each of these locations enters data into a spreadsheet then emails that sheet to the home office. The home office then must review each sheet to generate totals for the previous day's business. Is there a feature in Excel that would allow us to make the spreadsheets available to each satellite online, then from their daily input, create a "master file/spreadsheet" that summarizes dialy business activities for the entire operation? We would like to have each satellite be restricted to their own information; ...

Canon Rebel Price
Canon LP-E5 Battery Pack for Canon Digital Rebel XS &amp; XSi Digital SLR Camera Price:$106.16 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0015GADB4 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0015GADB4 Canon NB-2LH Rechargeable Battery Pack for Rebel XT/XTi Digital SLR Cameras and VIXIA HV Series and ZR Series Camcorders Price:$70.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0002YE686 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0002YE686 Canon XS/XSI Digital Rebel Kit with Case, 58mm UV Filter and LP-E5 Li-ion Battery Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/im...

Copy Price Level to Price Level
Partner wanted to have an added feature of the Copy/Update Price List Wizard. She wanted to copy a Price Level to another Price Level. For example that she has Item Number 1 and Item Number 2. If she creates a new Price Level of Price Level B and assigned it to the Source Item Number, she wanted to copy that Price Level to the other Item Numbers. You can do this in Great Plains and you can change the price per Item Number which is a tedious task. Great Plains doesn't have the capability to update the price based on the Price Level created and she wanted to have this feature in the n...

CRM 4: Quotedetail prices won't be synchronized
Hello, i have an problem synchronizing some data from the outlook client to the server. Situation: I use the oulook laptop client in offline mode. I create a new quote. From within the quote i am calling a application via a navigation bar link. From within this application i add a new manual quotedetail (write-in product) to the quote (it is saved allready) and set a price (all via the CRM WebServices) After this i can see the quotedetail in the write-in products list. Then in outlook i go online. After the sync is done, at the server i can see the new generated quote and also the added...

Charts GONE after Windows XP SP3 Update!?!
I have Office 2007 SP1 Enterprise Edition and, until last night, Windows XP Professonal SP2 installed on my PC. Last night I went through the normal Microsoft Update site to upgrade to SP3 and everything seemed to go well. However, I noticed this morning that all of my Excel files I have that previously had worksheets on them showing charts are not displaying those charts at all. The worksheets that they were on are still in the files, but the charts themselves seem to have disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know of a way to resolve this? Thanks... Hi, ...

Auto Update of Marketing List
Is there a way to automatically update (add/remove) members from a marketing list through a single step or process? I have created an ongoing campaign with one corresponding marketing list. This campaign will have a regular communication activity thus creating the need for two advanced finds, one to add new members that recently qualified and one to remove members that no longer qualify (because they've already been sent the communication). Two questions: Is there a way to permanently connect an advanced find to a marketing list, or do you always have to go through the 'manag...

Offline Address Book not updating on Outlook 2003 clients in cache
I am having an issue with the Offline Address Book that suddenly stopped updating changes to the Global Address list on clients that run Outlook 2003 in cache mode. This started for no apparent reason sometime last week. We noticed it this morning when a user called to complain that a new user was not appearing in the GAL. This user had been added late last week. I have tried rebuilding the RUS, and regenerating the OAL, then forcing the download of the OAB using Tools/ Send and Receive / Download Address Book in Outlook. This did not fix the issue. We are running Exchange 2003 w/...