Unable to restore MS Money 2000

My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd.
Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive
a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it
might be a read-only attribute."
Hoe to i restore?
0
dan420 (1)
9/26/2003 2:23:58 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there.

"Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd.
> Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive
> a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it
> might be a read-only attribute."
> Hoe to i restore?

0
bjclarinet (489)
9/26/2003 12:07:20 PM
Also right click on the file itself, then click properties. Check the
attribute and see what it says? if it says read only try unlclicking it..
As the lost post indicated you may want to place the file in my documents or
your c drive, just in case the floppy messes up

"Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message
> My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd.
> Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive
> a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it
> might be a read-only attribute."
> Hoe to i restore?

0
Bruce

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

HTML Attachment in OWA on Exchange 2000

Money 2001 #23
When I try to edit a recurring transaction, get the message "Msmoney.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log is being created." The program then shuts down. When I restart, the edit I have made is recognized. The same error message appears when I try to reconcile the bank. When I hit the next button, it closes down and does not recognize the end of the month bank statement balance entered. Any ideas would be appreciated. How about starting Money - File - open - REPAIR and select your file "canadaphantom" <canadaphantom@dis...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

Redownload MS 2005 Premium
I need to re-install Money 2005 Premium. However, I don't have the orgianl install file I downloaded. Where can I donwload it again? In microsoft.public.money, David wrote: >I need to re-install Money 2005 Premium. However, I don't have the orgianl >install file I downloaded. Where can I donwload it again? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 ...

Restore mailbox #2
This is not for the faint of heart. I have a mixed environment. Exchange 5.5 is running on a Win2k server in an NT4 domain. Most of the Primary Windows accounts are in the NT4 domain. Additionally there is a Win2003 AD environment. There is a trust between the NT4 and AD domains. Some of the Primary Windows account for the 5.5 mailboxes are AD user accounts. There is no Exchange 2k or 2003. It became necessary to restore a mailbox’s contents. This has been done before without issue with one exception. This time the mailbox belongs to an AD user. An Exchange 5.5 server was built not join...

Unable to create a dialog box in MFC Extension DLL.
Hi all, I am trying to create MFC Extension DLL using VS 2005. 1. First I have created a project of type MFC Extension DLL. 2. Then I added a dialog box with a text box, static text control and buttons. 3. Then added a class for that dialog. 4. In dialog's header file I inserted AFX_EXT_CLASS, manually. class AFX_EXT_CLASS CLogonParamDlg : public CDialog 5. Then built and got .lib and .dll files. 1. In my client application, just commented ENUM line of dialog's header file of MFC Extension DLL , as below. (In client its not necessary and to avoid compiler errro...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Outlook 2000 Closing msg
Hello, I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k Machine. The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. Any Thoughts? It's probably still there - check the view settings. It sounds like he's viewing only unread messages. tim.wiitanen wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k > Machine. > > The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" > completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. > > Any Thoughts?...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Three words to describe Money 2005...
Wasted screen space. Holy cow! This a TERRIBLE use of screen real estate. In register view, nearly 25% of the scren is filled up with the toolbars and *WHITE* space with no meaningful information! Whoever designed this interface, pretty though it is, lost sight of what's important: information. I'm terribly disappointed. I've never felt like Money had too much fluff... until now :( ...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

How can I transfer Hotmail contacts to MS Office Outlook?
I'd like to transfer my "contacts" in MSN Hotmail into my MS Office Outlook Express. How does one go about this? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, al...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...

Outlook Vote buttons integrated with MS CRM campaigns
Does anybody knows a work-around to integrate the functionality of 'vote buttons' in a MS CRM campaign (distributing email activity)? Since the email activity is distributed through the MS CRM email system, it is not possible to add vote buttons? Is there any way to send the campaign emails through Outlook, add voting buttons ("will you attend the event YES/NO"), and when the target member replies with yes/no it would automatically return as an "interested" or "not interested" campaign response...? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Fehler beim Reparieren der Outlook.pst (Outlook 2000) mit SCANPST.exe
Beim Reparieren einer Outlook.pst endet der Reparatur-Logfile mit dem Eintrag Fatal Error: 80040886, dwErr=0 Die Daten lassen sich danach immer noch nicht Outlook importieren. Wer kann helfen? Gru� Christian ...