Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006

Greetings once again all...

Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the
money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try.  It either asks me
for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking
File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me
for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though
I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger.  And when I do manage to get
beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts.

Could anyone please help?

Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff

0
NJITGS
2/6/2010 9:26:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Possibly. This typically happens when your data file was actually written by
a later version of Money than you just reinstalled. Many people THINK they
were using Money version X but forgot somewhere along the way installing
Money version X+something.

"NJITGS" <njitgs@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Could anyone please help?

0
Dick
2/6/2010 2:30:18 PM
True.  However, after realising that I updated it back to the 2006 version.
Excuse me, I guess I should have originally mentioned that.

"NJITGS" <njitgs@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Greetings once again all...
>
> Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the
> money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try.  It either asks
> me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking
> File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me
> for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even
> though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger.  And when I do manage
> to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts.
>
> Could anyone please help?
>
> Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff

0
NJITGS
2/6/2010 4:55:55 PM
I'm not at all clear on what "updated it back to the 2006 version" means.
There is no easy or simple way to convert a Money data file to a previous
version.

> True.  However, after realising that I updated it back to the 2006
> version.

0
Dick
2/6/2010 6:08:00 PM
In microsoft.public.money, NJITGS wrote:

>reetings once again all...
>
>Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the
>money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try.  It either asks me
>for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking
>File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me
>for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though
>I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger.  And when I do manage to get
>beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts.
>
>Could anyone please help?

Normally this would indicate that your Money file was produced with
a newer version of Microsoft Money than the Money 2006 that you
installed.
0
Cal
2/6/2010 6:20:34 PM
With the Repair Money file tool and after countless attempts I was finally
able to restore a previous backup that was created with the same version
(2006) to the My Documents folder and then use the Open tab in the tool menu
in MM and used the Repair Money file tool.

Thank your welcome to all that replied.

E B-W