unable to download stock quotes

I'm trying to update stock quotes (less than 50 quotes), it
doesn't appear to be working.  In the call summary I get a
message unable to connect to the online quote server, check
your internet connection.

It appears to have checked for Money update and the call was
suscessful.  I'm connecting over a cable modem.

I have a connection to the internet, I can get email, view
web pages, connect to MSN and get current stock quotes.

I'm running XP and Money 2004

Warren
0
anonymous (74722)
2/1/2004 3:30:15 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Warren wrote:

>I'm trying to update stock quotes (less than 50 quotes), it
>doesn't appear to be working.  In the call summary I get a
>message unable to connect to the online quote server, check
>your internet connection.
>
>It appears to have checked for Money update and the call was
>suscessful.  I'm connecting over a cable modem.
>
>I have a connection to the internet, I can get email, view
>web pages, connect to MSN and get current stock quotes.
>
>I'm running XP and Money 2004

See if either of these help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328831&Product=mny

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=Check+if+the+prices+can+be+updated+now&as_oq=&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.*&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=2&as_maxy=2004&safe=images

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/1/2004 4:14:03 PM
I too have found the same problem since moving to Money 2004.
Anybody. Help?
"Warren" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to update stock quotes (less than 50 quotes), it
> doesn't appear to be working.  In the call summary I get a
> message unable to connect to the online quote server, check
> your internet connection.
>
> It appears to have checked for Money update and the call was
> suscessful.  I'm connecting over a cable modem.
>
> I have a connection to the internet, I can get email, view
> web pages, connect to MSN and get current stock quotes.
>
> I'm running XP and Money 2004
>
> Warren

0
cherge1 (2)
2/2/2004 11:02:12 PM
The server has been down since 1/27.
It's not your computer.  The pinheads at MS keep saying
it'll be fixed "real soon".  Right.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/3/2004 9:31:51 PM
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:31:51 -0800, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The server has been down since 1/27.
>It's not your computer.  The pinheads at MS keep saying
>it'll be fixed "real soon".  Right.

What server is that?

I've been downloading quotes daily with no problems at all.  Money 2003

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Capital One Downloads (and other Yodlee Downloads) not working
I use MS Money to download transactions of Capital One and Bank of America credit cards. For the last 4 days, MS Money has been unable to download these transactions, and when I log into the "My Money" section of the MSN Money web site, I cannot download the transactions either. Both of these downloads are handled via the Yodlee service. Is this a known outage? Are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? I've tried logging in and out of Passport, but the downloads continue to fail. Thanks, Reddog None of these are working for me today. I assume i...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

"Optional" output of a Public Type record
Hi, I have subs and functions that take in and update public type records. No problem when: Sub Name(InRec As uTypaA, more args..... Is there a way to optionally write a public type ? VBA won't allow: Sub Name(Arg1, Arg2, optional uRec As uType = ??? I guess since there's no constant value to assign to the fields. I get the late bound error msg when I tried this: Sub Name(prior args....., optional uRec as variant = "") Dim uWantRec As KnownType uRec = uWantRec I can guess VBA must know the Type to initialize the fields....

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

certin messages block POP download.
Hi all, I have an Exchange 2003 server with @ 300 users with many virtual domains. Problem I have is that one domain in particular has certin messages getting stuck while downloading and have to be cleared in Webmail in order to free the mailbox. They mainly seem to be HTML messages but there have been two text ones from another Virtual Domain. I am stumped. I get no errors in the logs and have turned on diagnostics logging to watch whan it is happening and do not see anything. I have elimantated Outlook by trying Outlook Express at the same thing happens. They get sometimes as many a...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Populating an IMAP "To:" field
I let this bug me for almost 2 years, but it *IS* Possible, as the following points out (contrary to the lack of responses and denial posted elsewhere in these microsoft misinformation forums): For Outlook 2000/XP/2002: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284371 For Outlook 2003: 1) Select the IMAP mail folder with the broken/empty "To:" field. 2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Rules and Alerts..." 3) Select the IMAP account for this folder (should be pre-selected) 4) Click the "New Rule..." button 5) Select the "Start from a blank rule" r...

Event 9646
E2K3 SP1; Mixed Mode I received a few of these in my Application Log on the E2K3 server, but I cannot find any information regarding them: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9646 Date: 1/11/2005 Time: 10:30:51 AM User: N/A Computer: MXMA2 Description: Mapi session "/o=Org/ou=Site/cn=Recipients/cn=RMonti" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". The MS KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830836&sd=ee has the same Event ID, but does not reference the object of type "session&...

"operation cannot be performed"
every time i enter a transaction into money 2003, the transaction posts to the register, but then i receive an error message. a window pops up and says "operation cannot be performed", then the mouse flashes between the hourglass and pointer until i close down money. any idea why this happens? Have a look at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=44 -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes ema...

Setup Outlook 2003 to reply using Quotes
I have read some posts already but I am not clear on the quoting/replying method. I have set outlook 2003 as follows: Tools/options/mail - preferences tab - mail options, and then set to prefix with a > for replys and forwards. I get a whole bunch of > on some messages and mostly blue lines on the side for the rest, so I can't do the proper quoting. How is this supposed to be setup? Each time you reply should I cut and paste the text I don't want in the message or is there something that helps do that? If you can reply to this message and use the quoting method as the other g...

How to reduce thickness/width of window borders two "normal" 2 pixels?
On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. Have a look at the following snapshot: http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the "normal" size of (approx. 2 pixels) ? Camille Camille Petersen wrote: > On a certain WinXP all borders of all windows are very, very thick/width. > > Have a look at the following snapshot: > > http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9364/capture20091215121445.png > > What is the reason resp. how can I reduce it to the &...

How to quote cells when "IF" word is involved
On Sheet1, I have a data set (C1:C100) based on the input of cell A1. When A1 has various method choices,say,"method 1","method 2","method 3", each cell in the data set will have a new value accordingly. (=IF(A1="method 1",formula1,IF(A1="method 2",formula2,formula3)) I want to quote those three data sets on Sheet2. A lousy way is I could just duplicate Sheet1, set A1 to different value and quote data sets from different sheets. Is it possible to quote three data sets simultaneously from Sheet1? Thanks, Ming Perhaps use a 2 variable data t...

How to disable the "implicit mx record" in Exchange
I am having a problem with exchange sending to hosts in recipient domains where these hosts are not actually mail servers. After a lot of review of the SMTP logs, I realized that sometimes Exchange is sending to the correct MX record host, and sometimes it is sending to the host with the A record for the actual domain. When I say the record for the domain, I mean an A record that refences the bare domain name rather than an individual host in the domain. So when Exchange gets a DNS timeout looking up an MX record, it falls back to sending to the domain A record. This causes an immed...

"The underlying connection was closed" Error
Hi!, I'm using WebRequest to post a URL. But, sometimes, this tell me the error "The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.". I don't know why!!. This worked perfect in .NET 1.1, but in .NET 2.0, I has this behavior. Thanks! ...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

CListCtrl InsertColumn(0, "L", LVCFMT_RIGHT)?
Hi, The CListCtrl doesn't appear to like the first column to be aligned non-left. Why? By inserting the first column with InsertColumn(1, "L", LVCFMT_RIGHT), it does show it right aligned. But what if there are columns already? Should I delete and reinsert them all? "Olaf van der Spek" <Olaf@XCC.TMFWeb.NL> wrote in message news:%23K2rr8LLFHA.2716@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > The CListCtrl doesn't appear to like the first column to be aligned > non-left. Why? > By inserting the first column with InsertColumn(1, "L", LVCFMT_R...

Unableto access "greater than or equal to" Where is it?
Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a function, so that all the numbers written in a specific area/column (greater than some number but less than another) come out highlighted. Could you please email back regarding how to access this "greater than or equal to" function? Thank you very much. greater than or equal to.......>= less than or equal to............<= -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "ddewdrops522" wrote: > Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a > function, so that...

What's a "Strong Name"
Hello, Newbie's question : what is the meaning of "Strong Name" that we meet often now ? Thanks for your explanations. Robert wrote: > Hello, > > Newbie's question : what is the meaning of "Strong Name" that we meet often > now ? > Thanks for your explanations. > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wd40t7ad.aspx An assembly that's has a strong name, simply means that the assembly has been digitally signed for security purposes. The assembly has been given an alternative name for security identification pur...

"go to today" shortcut key
In calendar view, is there a shortcut key for "go to today"? THanks in advance. ...

"people or distribution list" not working in MS Outlook Rules
Suddenly, when I try to create a new Rule in MS Outlook using the "from someone" specification, the "from people or distribution list" doesn't accept any entry ("move it to the specified folder" does accept entries). The "specific words in the subject" specification works fine. I ran the "detect & repair" utility in the menu, but it didn't help. I'm using MS Outlook 2003 SP2. Any ideas? ...

Change "main" calendar
Is there anyway to tell outlook which calendar to consider the "main" calendar? Outlook 2007 Thanks "njem" <njem@q.com> wrote in message news:d53c96fd-b896-4647-b045-40f01fde5421@k2g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Is there anyway to tell outlook which calendar to consider the "main" > calendar? > > Outlook 2007 Your default calendar (and ALL your other default folders are included as well) is _always_ the calendar in the data store marked as "default" on Tools?>Account Settings>Data Files. -- Brian Tillman...

Speed of dynamic vs "normal" Excel report
When I run the same advanced find from the CRM application versus from a dynmic Excel I and many of our users experience significant differnce in time it actually takes to get the data. (Were are talking 3 minutes vs. 30 minutes!) Any idea on why this signigificant difference and what to do about it? On Jul 4, 8:08=A0pm, Jan Pola <JanP...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I run the same advanced find from the CRM application versus from a > dynmic Excel I and many of our users experience significant differnce in = time > it actually takes to get the data. (Were are t...

"Help Menu" does not close
How do I close the "Help Menu"? I notice on both Entourage Help and Word Help, that there is no close or hide button. The Help Menu just rides on top of the program until I quit the entire program. I can make the window really small by dragging the corner, but it still sits on top of the main program. I know I have to be missing something simple here, but I have been looking at this for 3 days and do not know how to get rid of it. Thank you, Michael Tall Entourage and Word Help do have a close and maximize button (the minimize button is greyed out). You probably don't noti...

Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList?
Is there any a "unique" function performs on CStringArray or CStringList? I know there is an algorithm function "unique" performing on containers in Standard C++ library. Is there a similar function in MFC? What am I doing now to avoid adding same strings to container is: CStringList strList; ..... if (strList.Find("somestring") == NULL) strList.AddTail("somestring"); But I realized it may be an inefficient way. Any good sugestion? I would have used a CMap for this. Then, when all insertions were done, I might consider converting it to a CArray...