UK user using US version?

Hi

I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the product 
and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new versions. I am 
considering a move to Money, but have learned that for the UK version 2005 
was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the same way as 
Quicken-UK

Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of money. 
Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views?

Thanks
Mark 


0
mjbrookes (2)
3/20/2007 9:05:09 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

4 Replies
364 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

Apart from obvious differences - like cheque spelt wrong - the US version is 
heavily focused on the US market and FIs. Unless you are going to use Money 
as a very simple cheque book calculator you may find that the fact that it 
is a US version is restricting.

As you say M2005 is the latest UK version but it still works just fine for 
many users.

-- 
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.


I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.

"Mark" <mjbrookes@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:OiJyk7saHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the 
> product and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new 
> versions. I am considering a move to Money, but have learned that for the 
> UK version 2005 was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the 
> same way as Quicken-UK
>
> Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of money. 
> Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views?
>
> Thanks
> Mark
> 

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
3/20/2007 9:45:24 PM
I too use Quicken 2000, but have recently bought a new laptop that is running 
Vista Home Premium and Quicken 2000 will not work.  Will MS Money 2005 UK 
work on this Laptop?

Regards

Chris

"Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:

> Apart from obvious differences - like cheque spelt wrong - the US version is 
> heavily focused on the US market and FIs. Unless you are going to use Money 
> as a very simple cheque book calculator you may find that the fact that it 
> is a US version is restricting.
> 
> As you say M2005 is the latest UK version but it still works just fine for 
> many users.
> 
> -- 
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
> 
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> 
> 
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
> 
> "Mark" <mjbrookes@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:OiJyk7saHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> > Hi
> >
> > I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the 
> > product and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new 
> > versions. I am considering a move to Money, but have learned that for the 
> > UK version 2005 was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the 
> > same way as Quicken-UK
> >
> > Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of money. 
> > Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mark
> > 
> 
> 
0
ChrisC (12)
3/20/2007 11:45:08 PM
Don't see why not!

-- 
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

For UK tips & fixes see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.


I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.

"ChrisC" <ChrisC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:5D0A75F3-6FDE-41DD-B437-12830FE1EBA1@microsoft.com...
>I too use Quicken 2000, but have recently bought a new laptop that is 
>running
> Vista Home Premium and Quicken 2000 will not work.  Will MS Money 2005 UK
> work on this Laptop?
>
> Regards
>
> Chris
>
> "Bob Peel, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Apart from obvious differences - like cheque spelt wrong - the US version 
>> is
>> heavily focused on the US market and FIs. Unless you are going to use 
>> Money
>> as a very simple cheque book calculator you may find that the fact that 
>> it
>> is a US version is restricting.
>>
>> As you say M2005 is the latest UK version but it still works just fine 
>> for
>> many users.
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>
>>
>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "Mark" <mjbrookes@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:OiJyk7saHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the
>> > product and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new
>> > versions. I am considering a move to Money, but have learned that for 
>> > the
>> > UK version 2005 was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the
>> > same way as Quicken-UK
>> >
>> > Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of 
>> > money.
>> > Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Mark
>> >
>>
>> 

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
3/21/2007 8:13:49 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Mark

"Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in message 
news:%23H2QbkzaHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Apart from obvious differences - like cheque spelt wrong - the US version 
> is heavily focused on the US market and FIs. Unless you are going to use 
> Money as a very simple cheque book calculator you may find that the fact 
> that it is a US version is restricting.
>
> As you say M2005 is the latest UK version but it still works just fine for 
> many users.
>
> -- 
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "Mark" <mjbrookes@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message 
> news:OiJyk7saHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the 
>> product and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new 
>> versions. I am considering a move to Money, but have learned that for the 
>> UK version 2005 was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the 
>> same way as Quicken-UK
>>
>> Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of 
>> money. Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Mark
>>
> 


0
mjbrookes (2)
3/23/2007 6:05:23 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

User defined functions aware of what cell they are placed in?
Hi, I would like to make a user defined function which needs to know in what cell and what worksheet it is placed in. I will be using this UDF in multiple cells on multiple worksheets. I originally just passed the cell row and column as parameters to the UDF however this ended up updating all worksheets and not just the one the UDF was on. Is there any way to do this? Option Explicit function myfunct(something as somethingelse) as something msgbox application.caller.address & vblf _ & application.caller.parent.name & vblf _ & application.caller.pare...

Using Word 2003 in Vista: Opening dictionary shuts down Word
This is a problem in Vista; it did not occur when I used Word 2003 in XP. Whenever I try to open the dictionary in Word 2003, either by clicking its icon, or hitting Alt+click over a word, Word shuts down. Vista Business, Service Pack 2 Thinkpad T400, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 3GB RAM ...

Switching companies using SQL Passthrough
I have an application that uses SQL_Passthrough. As part of the code you must execute a statement that uses the appropriate database. The code looks like this: set SQL_Statements to "use MYDB"; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection, field SQL_Statements); This works fine, but my application can be used for any number of databases. At first, I modified it to use the Dex.ini file, which works. Here is the modification: dbname = Defaults_Read("SQLDB"); dbopencommand = "use " + dbname; set SQL_Statements to dbopencommand; status = SQL_Execute(SQL_connection,...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...

Using namespaces? I've some messy nested contexts that I want to clean up...
Hi, I've got the following code structure Class A { ... private: Class B { public: enum C { ENUM X } C MyVar; C MyFunc() } } So for function definitions in B I have to write A::B::C A::B::MyFunc() and for objects of B in A if(pb->MyVar==B::ENUM_X) It's all just a bit messy. Isn't it. Someone please help. Regards. ...

User Display name
I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName the rest as Lastname,FirstName. How do I get them all to display correctly? Thanks in the organization settings of CRM you can set the full name format. unfortunately when you change this is does not update existing records...only newly created ones. "MattB" <MattB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECC6A9CF-6E69-478E-8D41-F4A1C0EEACAF@microsoft.com... >I have a minor issue I cannot figure out. > One of my CRM users display's as FirstName, LastName ...

Help!! Way to find users sending email to large amount of receipients.
Could some one tell me if there is a way in Exchange 2003 to find out what users are sending email to a large amount of recipients? I'm having some serious performance issues and I'm sure it's some one sending email to a large amount of recipients. Thanks, Will ...

multiple users...again
My wife and I have road runner cable. We each have our own email account. We want to use Outlook 2003 to read our respected emails. I've tried to configure it so that we each have our own password for outlook for privacy of email. As it stands now, when I click on the Outlook shortcut on the desktop it asks for my password. I give it and it opens up my email folder. I tried to create a folder for my wife's email. I put a password on her folder. Now when I open outlook from the shortcut on the desktop, it want's my password. The program opens and then to get to her f...

Formula to process 3 cells using IF statements
I have 3 columns of experimental data (C:E). Row 30 contains the sums (C30:E30). I need a formula that will examine the three sums and return the column number that has the lowest sum. If more than one column is lowest, select one randomly. Example: C30 D30 E30 Result 10 11 12 1 (C) 22 20 21 2 (D) 32 31 30 3 (E) 40 41 40 Randomly select 1 or 3 51 50 50 Randomly select 2 or 3 60 60 60 Randonly select 1, 2, or 3 Can this be done with IF statements or do I need to write a macro? Well, this is a bit cumbersome, but it se...

Pointing to correct macro path using excel custom toolbar
I have created an excel 2000 template (.xlt) containing a number o macros. When I open copies of this template on various pcs, the macro function correctly, except I cannot successfully run the macros usin the custom toolbar I created, because (I think) within the toolbar th paths to the macros are pointed to the original location on my pc. An advice on how I can resolve this would be gratefully received -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you thought about building the toolbar when the file opens? Or maybe separating the worksheet portion of the template from the code pa...

Entire Visio page moves whenever I use the directional arrow keys instead of the object I've clicked on
Gurus, Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whenever I click on an object and try to move it using the right, left, or up or down arrow keys, the whole page moves instead of the object I've clicked on. This is really annoying! It didn't used to be this way. I'm not sure what I changed. I simply want the object I've highlighted to move whenever I use the arrow keys not the whole Visio page itself! -- Spin On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:29:14 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >Running Visio 2003. For some reason lately, whe...

how do i enter data for a # of years using a formula?
i am working on excel and the book asks that i enter data s=using formulas for specifically the last three years of what i am referencing to. and i have to know how to us the copy command button. can anyone help ...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

Ex 2003 IS backup, using NTBackup 5.0
On Win2K SP4, I've upgraded from Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003. I use NTBackup to back up the IS. The NTBackup is version 5.0. Backup proceeds normally; on differentials I can see NTBackup counting log files, etc. However, I tested a restore, and when I catalogued the *.bkf file, NTBackup says "No files were found". So I have an error-free backup, from which (apparently) I cannot restore. Is the Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003 upgrade supposed to upgrade NTBackup as well, to a version that can handle restoring Ex 2003 IS? Does anyone have an insight into why NTBackup doesn't want to ...

Office X
I'm currently a student, so I want to take advantage by buying the student version of office. But...am I correct in fearing that this version will be restricted from upgrading to future versions? I just don't want to get screwed by Microsoft and I haven't found any documentation on line that indicates any difference whatsoever between the standard and student versions aside from pricing and packaging. But something tells me that I should play it safe and go with the standard version for the sake of the future. What do you think? - Nolan In article <65970378.0310111127.62470f44...

Option trades not using "cash" account
I am using the trial version of Money 2006 Premium and am seeing a problem which also occured in Money 2003. When opening or closing an option position in an investment account, the "Transfer to:" field is left blank by default even though a "cash portion" is defined for that account. This is a minor annoyance in that, for each of these transactions, I need to select the appropriate cash account. In some cases, if the "Transfer to:" field is left blank, Money will ask for the cash account name but this does not always happen and the security is bought or...

Off-Topic: Newsgroup Readers/Viewers
I know this is off-topic, but I couldn't find a newsgroup that was appropriate for this post (like a lounge for MVP's or something)...so I apologize in advance. I currently use Outlook Express (or Outlook Newsreader : "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews) for viewing newsgroups. While its a nice program, it does have a few shortcomings, not the least of which is its difficulty in truly tracking and reporting responses to posts made by the user. I figured since a lot of MVP's and others on these newsgroups tend to respond to a lot of newsgroup posts, an...

can a program send email on users behalf with out getting the nag boxes?
I am trying to allow a program to send an e-mail through outlook 2003 on my behalf without getting the nag boxes. We have a customized program that sends out emails for us but since we moved to outlook this nag box pops up for each one. We have to sit there for hours clicking yes to each one and allowing access for 10 min maximum. I have installed the outlook security features administrative package on my machine and followed the read me to configure it to allow this but have not been successful. This is what I have tried: 1. The admpack.exe installed easily then I installed a...

Using "Avg" function on calculated field
In a report I have a calculated field as "=Nz([Total],0)/Hrs" which works fine. In the report footer I tried to get the average of the values in this column so I used "=Avg(Nz([Total],0)/Hrs) but when I run it it asks me for the value of "Hrs". Neither "hrs" nor "total" are calculated fields and no error is generated either. The output for the average is just blank. I tried =Avg(Nz([Total],0)/(Nz(Hrs,))) which did not work either. What am I missing? There's a couple of potential issues here. It sounds like Hrs is a field in the table/quer...

Validating data in a User Form
I have created a User Form to enter data into an Excel Database using text boxes. For one field (textbox) I would like to limit the user input to three names, say AA, BB or CC. I know how to do it on the worksheet and it works just fine. I can't figure out how to do for the textbox for that field in the form. Will someone give me a gentle shove in the right direction? Thank you very much. If you're going to limit it to three names, why use a TextBox? I'd use a listbox or combobox loaded with the names instead. In article <11bb45co1m5nmbd@corp.supernews.com>, &q...

Newbie with Panel & User Control Query
Hi All, Firstly, im a real newbie to C# so appologies for asking what might be a very basic question. Basically im using DotNetBar and have a Ribbon form. On my Ribbon form, I have a ribbon Bar, With 5 buttons. I also have a a panel on my Main form (pnlMainMenu) I have serveral user controls also. When a user clicks on a button I would like it to display the user control in the Panel. So far i have the following code:- private void btnComplaints_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { pnlMainMenu.Controls.Clear(); TestApp.User_Controls.uctComplaints = ...

Covert to Full Version
I am currently using the trial version and want to activate it to the full version as I've just bought a product key. When I select "convert" under the activation menu my system does not do anything. I have the hour glass for a few seconds and that's it. Any suggestions? Mel Where is the CD of the version that you have the product key for. You cannot convert a Trial version. You need to uninstall it along with the Activation Assistant and then install the version that you have the legal key for -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of ot...

Entering US Savings Bonds
How do I enter the purchase price of a US Savings Bond when adding a new bond as an investment? When I go through the "Add an investment" Wizard, the "Price" section is greyed out. You don't. Just buy 1 for $xx. "JAB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04dd01c3ac7f$1d9d54a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How do I enter the purchase price of a US Savings Bond > when adding a new bond as an investment? When I go > through the "Add an investment" Wizard, the "Price" > section is greyed out. inside m...