UK Money 2005 Portfolio Valuation View is blank

I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have
corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly
displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change
Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows
that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default
button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem.
As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view |
customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display
column box is again empty.

How do I rectify this please?

--
Carriolan
--

In microsoft.public.money, Carriolan Shinobi wrote:

>I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have
>corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly
>displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change
>Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows
>that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default
>button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem.
>As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view |
>customise current view | Portfolio Columns Tab shows that the Display
>column box is again empty.

When you say Display column box, I think you are referring to what
corresponds to "Displayed Columns" box on my Portfolio Columns tab.

So the various views work fine for you, except when you select
SelectView:Valuation. In that case when you then select
ChangePortfolioView->CustomizeCurrentView->PortfolioColumns tab, the
DisplayedColumns box is empty. Clicking ResetToDefault brings items
in for the moment.

At that point, I would try clicking Grouping->ResetToDefault and
then Sorting->ResetToDefault. From Accounts, I would try checking
all accounts and then Save. These may well be things you have tried,
but I thought I might

If you still have the same effect, try save as. I would also save an
extra backup and consider File->RepairMoneyFile->Standard.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/22/2005 5:32:31 PM
Hi
Yes, I meant the display column box on the Portfolio Columns Tab. Yes,
I did try most of what you suggested before except for selecting all
accounts. I did this and it worked - thanks.

--
Carriolan

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:32:31 -0600, via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal
Learner-- MVP) wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, Carriolan Shinobi wrote:
>
>>I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have
>>corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly
>>displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change
>>Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows
>>that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default
>>button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem.
>>As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view |
>>customise current view | Portfolio Columns Tab shows that the Display
>>column box is again empty.
>
>When you say Display column box, I think you are referring to what
>corresponds to "Displayed Columns" box on my Portfolio Columns tab.
>
>So the various views work fine for you, except when you select
>SelectView:Valuation. In that case when you then select
>ChangePortfolioView->CustomizeCurrentView->PortfolioColumns tab, the
>DisplayedColumns box is empty. Clicking ResetToDefault brings items
>in for the moment.
>
>At that point, I would try clicking Grouping->ResetToDefault and
>then Sorting->ResetToDefault. From Accounts, I would try checking
>all accounts and then Save. These may well be things you have tried,
>but I thought I might
>
>If you still have the same effect, try save as. I would also save an
>extra backup and consider File->RepairMoneyFile->Standard.

--
Carriolan
0
carriolan (2)

RMS Troubleshooting and Basic Set up v4/3/2005
http://www.simonajewelry.com/rms.aspx I have decided to post the information on the net because ms newsgroup does not have a long message retention. Natt ...

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

Outlook viewing attachments
When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text together as they should be, when going directly to att.net. Also, same on iphone. On Outlook, however, the pics show up as attachments and each must be opened separately. I am sure there is a setting to make them show in the main body of the message. Can you help me? "kenh" <kenh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C81693E-C419-4B81-A398-F34C78E36DF4@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email that has embeded pics, I can see the pics and text > together as they sho...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

Just ordered Quicken 2010 to replace Money Plus Premium
Going to give it a shot and see what happens. I've read threads here and other places and it seems that the problems are usually minor and correctable. Don't recall any showstoppers. Has anyone accumulated the issues and workarounds where necessary, or suggested tips, like removing the password first? I have data going back to 1995 (I've had every version of Money since then) and last time I looked, it was over 60,000 transactions in total. Also, unrelated, but is there an Excel addin like MoneyLink that lets you import data directly into Excel? I have found that feature insanel...

Money 2006 Deluxe Bills Summary Sorting
When in the Bills Summary view and I sort on Account, not all of the line items with the same account are grouped. Upon further review, it appears that duplicate line items with the same Payee, Next Due, Amount, etc are being created and not properly sorted by Account. When I resort based upon Next Due, these duplicates go away and the line items are properly sorted by Next Due (ascending or descending). When i've seen this before, it can mean corruption in the file. Because you can see those additional bills, you have the opportunity to delete these duplicates if you are seeing ...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Corrupt record in Money 2004
I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit card site. I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding - bolded. I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s and salv.exe. Neither worked. I just want to delete this one record and put it back manually. Is there a way to do this with jet database functionality? Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a buttoned up derivative of Jet. "Bill Boffi" <anonymo...

Money 2000 Standard Check Printing
When I try to print a company check I get the error message "There are no checks to print in the "Absolute Audio Provident Bank" account. Money will only print checks for transactions that have "Print" in the number field." Everything I've tried to print has already had "Print" in the number field and it still won't print. Where should I go from here? Try repairing the file by closing Money, then go to Start, Run and type 'msmoney -s' without the quotes. Money should launch and repair. Then try to print checks again. "Just...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

Outlook Calendar views problem
Hey all... going to describe this to the best of my ability... but its one of those 'a picture would be worth a 1000 words' deals. Outlook Calendar views. We have a calendar shared among our entire company. In that Calendar we wish to create a timeline view availbale to anyone with permissions to view the calendar. We have created this view called 'timeline' and it appears that it is available to users of that folder. Sort of. Its there, but in teh outlook calendar / shared calendar / views pane, the view will ONLY show up when the calendars are in a timeline state as oppose...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Find Blank Cells
I wish to replace the blank cells in a large database with a zero (0). I cannot figure out how to find a blank cell using the Find and Replace option under the Edit menu. Can anyone show me the way? Hi Peter, I always use CTRL+H to bring up the find and replace menu, leave the fine part empty, and put in what you want to replace it with....however, I do notice you say in a "database"? Do you mean in Access?? Dave M. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

View equations created in Word 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings! I've successfully installed Office 2008 update 12.0.1 on my MacBook Pro running 10.5.2. One of the fixes that was listed in the Microsoft Knowledgebase article associated with the update was the ability to edit equations created in Word 2007 for Windows. After applying the update, I still get a warning message when opening a file created in Word 2007: "This file contains Word 2007 for Windows equations"; the document opens with placeholders (blank squares) instead of the equations. Does anyone el...

MOM 2005 and SQL Server 2005
Hello, I'm not having much luck searching through the knowledge base or the newsgroup to find definate information. What is the current status of trying to run MOM 2005 using SQL Server 2005 instead of SQL Server 2000? Some posts seem to indicate SP1 should allow it to work, even if it's still technically unsupported. Is that the case? Since I'll get charged for another media set from our vendor to get the new MOM SP1 CD since everything I've seen says slipstreaming isn't possible. I'd like to make sure it'll work before I purchase a second copy of the CD set....

CSV file with 13space characters in blank cells
In my office we've just received a recurring report which has been modified (by someone. Previously (a CSV file) the Data area (say A1:M30 ) had numbers or blank cells representing 0 (zero) values. Now, however the blank cells ARE NOT BLANK (although they appear blank) all cells without numbers have 13 hard-space values in them, which is causing #VALUE! problems; I temporarily added an intermediate sheet with formula: =IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MySheet!B2)),MySheet!B2,0) to eliminate the #Value! problem; Is there a better way? I'm sure there is, just not certain at this point in time. Any ...

Money 2004 deluxe #8
Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money product which will perform this function? In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market >transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money >product which will perform this function? East bank of the Mississippi? ...

Printing Portfolio view in Money 2006
Hi, I am viewing my portfolio...(from Home, Investing Home...Portfolio Manager) I try to print the portfolio...(Other tasks, More, Print, Portfolio Report). Nothing happens when I click on Print, Portfolio Report. I try using File, Print, also, nothing happens. I am using 2006, and have repaired my file, and rebooted my machine, but no luck. In microsoft.public.money, Curly_Money2006 wrote: >Hi, >I am viewing my portfolio...(from Home, Investing Home...Portfolio Manager) >I try to print the portfolio...(Other tasks, More, Print, Portfolio Report). >Nothing happens when I c...

View Workbook Links
Friends, When I am in a workbook that is linked to other workbooks, how can I easily view what other workbooks the open workbook is linked to? Thanks ... Hi Bill, Try downloading Bill Manville's freely downloadable FINDLINK.XLA addin from: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp --- Regards, Norman "bill_morgan_3333" <billmorgan3333@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF5298D9-C732-491C-BF19-408E26F02757@microsoft.com... > Friends, > > When I am in a workbook that is linked to other workbooks, how can I > easily > view what other wo...

Server list blank when launching GP Utilities
We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation. When we try to launch GP Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names. The list is blank. We did create the System DSN correctly. Any ideas? Are you logged in as an administrator of that machine? Usually when you create a system DSN as a non-administrative user, for some strange reason Windows will let you continue with the procedure, but will not save the connection. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster a...

Customizing History View CRM 4.0
Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy. I would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contacts, leads, etc... Is there any way to customize this section so when you view an email under History you can see From who and To who rather than what they have defaulted in there? Thanks On Jan 23, 7:56=A0am, Geoff <Ge...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customizing different Fields in Microsoft CRM 4.0 is very simple and easy= .. =A0I > would like to customize the HISTORY section included for accounts, contac= ts, > lea...

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...